If Imperfect Cell absorbed x# people, could he turn Perfect?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: If Imperfect Cell absorbed x# people, could he turn Perf

Post by buutenks » Sat May 16, 2015 12:44 pm

Hitiro wrote:
buutenks wrote:I am sure they have some mechanical parts.
Why? They could have organic parts that give them their power. The only thing suggested to be mechanical are for the self-destruct device and the emergency deactivation.

Biotechnological-type Artificial Humans
03 ~ Artificial Human No. 17
A cool-headed artificial human who enjoys battles as if they were games. As the twin brother of No. 18, he places more importance on power. Like No. 18, he is fundamentally human-based and only his organic matter has been restructured. The few mechanical parts that are used were for his emergency deactivation controller and self-destruction device. If the emergency deactivation controller is used on the powerful No. 17 and No. 18, they become unable to move their bodies. As infinite models, No. 17 and No. 18's energy is limitless. Even if they discharge barriers or energy bullets, it isn't depleted.
Well idk,i just know cell has ki and the rest of the androids dont have any life force.

So cell is more like a mutated creature made out of different dna,while the androids are something else.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sat May 16, 2015 1:21 pm

buutenks wrote:Well idk,i just know cell has ki and the rest of the androids dont have any life force.

So cell is more like a mutated creature made out of different dna,while the androids are something else.
Well, if this organic material makes a artificial Ki then it is fine really. Cell is really different from the other Androids because his Ki is based on the DNA of the strongest warriors. Rather than a completely artificial Ki like the Androids.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:22 pm

I think Cell could probably achieve the amount of power his Perfect form had, assuming there were enough people around for him to absorb. I don't think he would have actually transformed, though. That seemed to be exclusive to absorbing 17 and 18.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat May 16, 2015 9:56 pm

Sayo-chan wrote:
Dayspring wrote: They were literally used for their infinite power batteries. So if #17 had a BP of 250M, #18 of 240M and Perfect Cell of 750M, then an exhausted Perfect Cell would never drop beneath 490M (the combined strengths of the batteries).
That's... interesting. Going by that theory, would that make 490M its base power, as opposed to the 5s and 7s of the people of Earth? I suppose that means the wear and tear strategy wouldn't really work on Cell. 17 never got tired during his fight with Piccolo, but did Perfect Cell at any point? I don't really recall him ever running out of energy.

If 17 and 18 are stabilizers, then without them, did its body just learn to stabilize? I find it hard to swallow that it could be knocked back into imperfection post-zenkai.
My totally unofficial explanation for 17 losing his stamina is that Piccolo was so strong he, like Cell, had to use more than just the battery's power. So in other words, 17 has a hypothetical BP of 250,000,005 when at full (battery + regular human body), 250,000,000 when exhausted.

I think we were supposed to have the impression that the zenkai was so powerful that his body adapted into maintaining perfect form, but there's not enough to know for sure. Either way, it wouldn't matter since it was powerful enough to knock him into SSJ2 power levels, which is much more than 18's battery puts out.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Sayo-chan
Regular

Post by Sayo-chan » Sun May 17, 2015 2:27 am

buutenks wrote:
Sayo-chan wrote:
Dayspring wrote: They were literally used for their infinite power batteries. So if #17 had a BP of 250M, #18 of 240M and Perfect Cell of 750M, then an exhausted Perfect Cell would never drop beneath 490M (the combined strengths of the batteries).
That's... interesting. Going by that theory, would that make 490M its base power, as opposed to the 5s and 7s of the people of Earth? I suppose that means the wear and tear strategy wouldn't really work on Cell. 17 never got tired during his fight with Piccolo, but did Perfect Cell at any point? I don't really recall him ever running out of energy.

If 17 and 18 are stabilizers, then without them, did its body just learn to stabilize? I find it hard to swallow that it could be knocked back into imperfection post-zenkai.
Cell did lose some of energy after he fought goku,hence why goku gave him a senzu bean.Also cell has ki and he is organic,unlike the androids who are part or in 16s case full machine and have no life force.

Though if he can actually tire himself out is unknown,since even after taking a beating from gohan and regenerating he still had most of his power.
Losing energy doesn't mean he's tiring, it just means his BP took a drop. Before Goku gives him a bean he has to catch his breath, at least in the anime. Cell doesn't need to breathe however, so it may just be a conditioned reflex, like when it was huffing and puffing in the afterlife after regenerating.
Dayspring wrote: My totally unofficial explanation for 17 losing his stamina is that Piccolo was so strong he, like Cell, had to use more than just the battery's power. So in other words, 17 has a hypothetical BP of 250,000,005 when at full (battery + regular human body), 250,000,000 when exhausted.

I think we were supposed to have the impression that the zenkai was so powerful that his body adapted into maintaining perfect form, but there's not enough to know for sure. Either way, it wouldn't matter since it was powerful enough to knock him into SSJ2 power levels, which is much more than 18's battery puts out.
Did he lose his stamina? He seemed fine until Cell swooped in. Was it only that he was too weak to stop his tail from swallowing him, or was it also partially due to getting beaten?
Cell wrote:There’s a small clump inside my head…This makes up my nucleus…As long as that clump isn’t destroyed, my body can continue regenerating…When I self-destructed, my nucleus fortunately remained uninjured…Quite frankly, I hadn’t calculated on being able to regenerate…I was lucky…And even more happily, my body regenerated as my perfect form, even without No.18…And it wasn’t merely my perfect form: I had vastly powered up like Son Gohan…This was probably done by the Saiyan cells, which greatly increase in power when they are saved from the brink of death…And I even managed to learn Son Goku’s Teleportation…So in short, I was able to return here, having become even more perfect. It seems that rather than defeat me, Son Goku has given me several presents.
I always felt this part was lazily written. How does something become 'more' perfect? Doesn't that imply there was never perfection to begin with? As a biological system, I could see that; a perfect system, but from one writer to another, this entire scene feels as amateur. Also, why does it only bring up 18? 17 was destroyed in the blast. It comes across, to me, like Cell's body is a memory foam mattress with a CPU embedded in it. The mattress had an indent of someone, but after being reset, flattened the surface back to its original state. Basically, an alternative theory would be, Cell needed 17 and 18 not for their power (that's a byproduct), but because its designed to evolve from them, in a similar way that Pikachu's designed to evolve from a Sun Stone. So by hitting the reset button, getting rid of everything, the nucleus is all like, "now I can do my thing!" and regenerates back to its most efficient state. However, this leaves the question of... why didn't Gero just program it to already know what it would be like to have 17 and 18 in its system (i.e. to simulate it)? The only two things I can think of are: power is definitely an issue, and or it's a 'hands-on' type experience that can't be simulated.
Most Dragon Ball fans are incapable of making a logically sound argument.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun May 17, 2015 3:17 am

Bacon Skittles wrote:So if Cell could become Perfect without reabsorbing 18, does that mean that he could have become Perfect by absorbing enough people?
The regular earthlings wouldn't be enough. He'd need to absorb Goku and co's power and depending on when even that might not be enough.