If Imperfect Cell absorbed x# people, could he turn Perfect?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bacon Skittles
Beyond Newbie

If Imperfect Cell absorbed x# people, could he turn Perfect?

Post by Bacon Skittles » Wed May 13, 2015 10:10 pm

<deleted>
Last edited by Bacon Skittles on Sun May 23, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: If Imperfect Cell absorbed x# people, could he turn Perf

Post by fadeddreams5 » Wed May 13, 2015 10:17 pm

I don't think so. He might have achieved the same level of strength as his perfect form, but he wouldn't transform.

I don't know what he says in the original manga, but I recall Cell stating, more or less, that his cells or whatever had memorized the form of his perfect body or something. It was a pretty wacky explanation, but Cell regenerated back into his perfect form only because he had already achieved it. Mind fuck.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Bacon Skittles
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bacon Skittles » Wed May 13, 2015 10:39 pm

I thought it was the Zenkai boost that caused him to go Perfect.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed May 13, 2015 10:49 pm

I think it was stated in the manga that the nucleus inside of Cell's head, as well as the cells in his body, had memorised and recorded the genetic composition for his Perfect Form. And as long as that nucleus stayed intact and few cells of him remained, anytime he regenerates, it automatically regenerates it to the state it was in his Perfect Form.

Cell is crazy ass android. :crazy:

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Thu May 14, 2015 1:44 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I think it was stated in the manga that the nucleus inside of Cell's head, as well as the cells in his body, had memorised and recorded the genetic composition for his Perfect Form. And as long as that nucleus stayed intact and few cells of him remained, anytime he regenerates, it automatically regenerates it to the state it was in his Perfect Form.

So...he's like a computer that is rebooted to a previous restore point?
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Thu May 14, 2015 3:16 am

Pretty sure he needs to absorb the Androids to reach perfection. As for increasing his power in his first form, that's a completely different story.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 14, 2015 5:51 am

Akyon wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I think it was stated in the manga that the nucleus inside of Cell's head, as well as the cells in his body, had memorised and recorded the genetic composition for his Perfect Form. And as long as that nucleus stayed intact and few cells of him remained, anytime he regenerates, it automatically regenerates it to the state it was in his Perfect Form.

Pretty much, yeah.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu May 14, 2015 8:23 am

That was never said in the original manga. He regenerated and the Zenkai boost was so great that he regained Perfection and even more. "My cells remember the form of what I have become once before so I was able to regain it after regenerating" seems like a very forced text for Dragon Ball anyway. It was either mentioned in the English manga or the anime.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu May 14, 2015 10:03 am

I think that was mentioned in the dub, though I could be wrong.

Cell just says he was able to regenerate back to his perfect form with no explanation given.

There might be a limit to what Cell can gain from humans, but that's an assumption. Cell says his "initial evolution" would be complete if he absorbed Piccolo, but I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 14, 2015 11:36 am

Cetra wrote:

That was never said in the original manga. He regenerated and the Zenkai boost was so great that he regained Perfection and even more. "My cells remember the form of what I have become once before so I was able to regain it after regenerating" seems like a very forced text for Dragon Ball anyway. It was either mentioned in the English manga or the anime.
I just double checked, and you're right Cetra, that explanation was never given in the manga. Super Saiyan Turlast x4 was also right in that explanation was given in the original FUNi dub of the show.

Looks like I got my shit mixed up. :oops:

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Thu May 14, 2015 12:52 pm

Akyon wrote:

Hopefully he doesn't run on Windows...
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 14, 2015 1:29 pm

Vegitofaxx wrote:
Akyon wrote:

Hopefully he doesn't run on Windows...
Cell doesn't run on Windows because he's more of an Android guy.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri May 15, 2015 8:18 pm

I say he could, but then if he used too much power, he'd drop down to semi-perfect like when he puked up #18.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri May 15, 2015 8:20 pm

Dayspring wrote:I say he could, but then if he used too much power, he'd drop down to semi-perfect like when he puked up #18.
Interesting point, Maybe 17 and 18 were more than just steroids for Cell but stabilizers as well.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri May 15, 2015 8:42 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:
Dayspring wrote:I say he could, but then if he used too much power, he'd drop down to semi-perfect like when he puked up #18.
Interesting point, Maybe 17 and 18 were more than just steroids for Cell but stabilizers as well.
They were literally used for their infinite power batteries. So if #17 had a BP of 250M, #18 of 240M and Perfect Cell of 750M, then an exhausted Perfect Cell would never drop beneath 490M (the combined strengths of the batteries).
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Sayo-chan
Regular

Post by Sayo-chan » Sat May 16, 2015 1:59 am

Dayspring wrote: They were literally used for their infinite power batteries. So if #17 had a BP of 250M, #18 of 240M and Perfect Cell of 750M, then an exhausted Perfect Cell would never drop beneath 490M (the combined strengths of the batteries).
That's... interesting. Going by that theory, would that make 490M its base power, as opposed to the 5s and 7s of the people of Earth? I suppose that means the wear and tear strategy wouldn't really work on Cell. 17 never got tired during his fight with Piccolo, but did Perfect Cell at any point? I don't really recall it ever running out of energy.

If 17 and 18 are stabilizers, then without them, did its body just learn to stabilize? I find it hard to swallow that it could be knocked back into imperfection post-zenkai.
Last edited by Sayo-chan on Sat May 16, 2015 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most Dragon Ball fans are incapable of making a logically sound argument.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat May 16, 2015 12:14 pm

Sayo-chan wrote:
Dayspring wrote: They were literally used for their infinite power batteries. So if #17 had a BP of 250M, #18 of 240M and Perfect Cell of 750M, then an exhausted Perfect Cell would never drop beneath 490M (the combined strengths of the batteries).
That's... interesting. Going by that theory, would that make 490M its base power, as opposed to the 5s and 7s of the people of Earth? I suppose that means the wear and tear strategy wouldn't really work on Cell. 17 never got tired during his fight with Piccolo, but did Perfect Cell at any point? I don't really recall him ever running out of energy.

If 17 and 18 are stabilizers, then without them, did its body just learn to stabilize? I find it hard to swallow that it could be knocked back into imperfection post-zenkai.
Cell did lose some of energy after he fought goku,hence why goku gave him a senzu bean.Also cell has ki and he is organic,unlike the androids who are part or in 16s case full machine and have no life force.

Though if he can actually tire himself out is unknown,since even after taking a beating from gohan and regenerating he still had most of his power.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sat May 16, 2015 12:18 pm

buutenks wrote:Cell did lose some of energy after he fought goku,hence why goku gave him a senzu bean.Also cell has ki and he is organic,unlike the androids who are part or in 16s case full machine and have no life force.

Though if he can actually tire himself out is unknown,since even after taking a beating from gohan and regenerating he still had most of his power.
Both #17 an #18 have been said to be entirely organic too.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Sat May 16, 2015 12:21 pm

Hitiro wrote:
buutenks wrote:Cell did lose some of energy after he fought goku,hence why goku gave him a senzu bean.Also cell has ki and he is organic,unlike the androids who are part or in 16s case full machine and have no life force.

Both #17 an #18 have been said to be entirely organic too.
I am sure they have some mechanical parts.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Sat May 16, 2015 12:28 pm

buutenks wrote:I am sure they have some mechanical parts.
Why? They could have organic parts that give them their power. The only thing suggested to be mechanical are for the self-destruct device and the emergency deactivation.

Biotechnological-type Artificial Humans
03 ~ Artificial Human No. 17
A cool-headed artificial human who enjoys battles as if they were games. As the twin brother of No. 18, he places more importance on power. Like No. 18, he is fundamentally human-based and only his organic matter has been restructured. The few mechanical parts that are used were for his emergency deactivation controller and self-destruction device. If the emergency deactivation controller is used on the powerful No. 17 and No. 18, they become unable to move their bodies. As infinite models, No. 17 and No. 18's energy is limitless. Even if they discharge barriers or energy bullets, it isn't depleted.