Can Dragon Ball create constructs like Green Lantern

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shonenhikada
Banned

Can Dragon Ball create constructs like Green Lantern

Post by shonenhikada » Thu May 14, 2015 11:58 pm

Can Dragon Ball characters create constructs like Green Lantern using their ki. If they are given enough time to control their ki.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Re: Can Dragon Ball create constructs like Green Lantern

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri May 15, 2015 1:26 am

Vegetto made a Ki sword and Gotenks made a donut and a volley ball for that matter… so, yeah.. They can.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri May 15, 2015 1:30 am

Probably not with the degree of precision as a Green Lantern, but basic shapes seem to be doable.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 15, 2015 4:03 am

Quite frankly, anything is possible in the Dragon Ball universe in regards to how fighters can manipulate their ki. I mean Gotenks was able to spit out talking ghosts that explode. So, go figure.

Monkey King Vegeta

Post by Monkey King Vegeta » Fri May 15, 2015 6:01 am

Didn't Majin Vegeta used some ki to hold Goku against a boulder to slap him repeatedly?

I doubt they could create anything out of ki, but stuff with simple shapes shouldn't be a problem.

Haji
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: Preferably somewhere in Kansai,Chuubu or Kanto. Someday!

Post by Haji » Fri May 15, 2015 6:34 am

This got me thinking about Hunter x Hunter, they can make items out of ki that looks real. I think in the Dragon World they could make items out of ki, but why bother with that?

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Fri May 15, 2015 7:47 am

Probably something simple, but they can't crate complex stuff like jets .

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri May 15, 2015 7:50 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Probably not with the degree of precision as a Green Lantern, but basic shapes seem to be doable.
Goku created a ki dragon. That's just as precise as anything GL does.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri May 15, 2015 8:25 am

FoolsGil wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Probably not with the degree of precision as a Green Lantern, but basic shapes seem to be doable.
Goku created a ki dragon. That's just as precise as anything GL does.
Well it's just a dragon shape, I'm talking about something like a fully-functioning machine with complex internal components.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri May 15, 2015 10:02 am

FoolsGil wrote:Goku created a ki dragon. That's just as precise as anything GL does.
He doesn't literally create the dragon, it's an illusion, like the Oozaru behind him when he killed Piccolo Daimao. What he actually creates is a flame-like dragon.

James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Fri May 15, 2015 2:33 pm

Gotenks literally spat out sentinent life forms with his ki in his own image.

ImageImageImage
That's in a whole different vein of what GL rings are capable of.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri May 15, 2015 8:35 pm

Saiyan saga Piccolo can create things out of thin air that permanently solid, unlike a GL construct. In other words, DB characters surpass Green Lanterns.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat May 16, 2015 8:34 am

Dayspring wrote:Saiyan saga Piccolo can create things out of thin air that permanently solid, unlike a GL construct. In other words, DB characters surpass Green Lanterns.
That's not ki but a different technique called 'magic materialization' that only certain characters can use.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat May 16, 2015 6:52 pm

Dayspring wrote:Saiyan saga Piccolo can create things out of thin air that permanently solid, unlike a GL construct. In other words, DB characters surpass Green Lanterns.
Not to mention that Kaioshin has the ability to summon the strongest metal in universe instantly. I mean, that is a very deadly ability when you think about. If you could summon that sort of material instantly and throw it someone at really high speed, it's practically a one hit kill.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat May 16, 2015 9:38 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
That's not ki but a different technique called 'magic materialization' that only certain characters can use.
Wouldn't that be a moot point, since Piccolo has it, though? Him having it shows that warriors can learn it. It sets precedent that it's easier to learn that technique than it is to create shapes out of ki.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 16, 2015 9:50 pm

Dayspring wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Wouldn't that be a moot point, since Piccolo has it, though? Him having it shows that warriors can learn it. It sets precedent that it's easier to learn that technique than it is to create shapes out of ki.
Or it's just an ability that more "magical" characters have. Not everybody can learn every ability.

I mean, Namekians can't get near-death powerups, Earthlings can't regrow missing arms (unless they're Ocean Tenshinhan :P ), and Saiyan's can't survive in space. Sometimes. Maybe. :P
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"