Tenshinhan's strength at the end of the series

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

tienfan

Tenshinhan's strength at the end of the series

Post by tienfan » Sat May 16, 2015 12:52 pm

there is a lot of confusion when it comes to this,i myself would go as far to say he became stronger then krillin.
in the android saga he went as far as to being able to hold back semi perfect cell,you can say that he just simly caught cell by suprise but i dont buy it
even when cell realized what was going on he still wasnt able to do anything against it,to be able to do such a thing is quite a feat.

this plus he was actually able to stand toe to toe with trunks until he became a super sayan in one of the movies.

i would say tien by the end of dragon ball z defeats full power frieza but nothing above it.

what do you think?
tenkaichi 2/budokai 2 best p4p dragon ball z games ever made
dragon ball»dragon ball z

tien fan for life

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: how actually strong was Tenshinhan by the end of dragon

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:11 pm

I still claim, based on his feats, he should be the strongest human. However, Toriyama specifically declared Krillin as such, so I can't really argue there.

The movie with him and Trunks is not canon, so it can't really be used as evidence. Also, considering Beerus didn't believe Base Goku could beat Frieza in BoG, it seems that he requires a SSJ transformation to defeat Frieza at full power. This likely applies to Tien as well, but he has no SSJ form, so he can't be stronger than a maxed out Frieza. I'd put him up there with 3rd form or 50% Frieza, maybe.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:12 pm

Weaker than Krillin, who I place around first-form Freeza. Which still makes him stronger than approximately 99.99999999999999999% of the rest of the universe, so I don't understand when people get offended by other people making their favorite characters "so weak."
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat May 16, 2015 1:17 pm

A little over 2,000,000 at best.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

tienfan

Post by tienfan » Sat May 16, 2015 3:07 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:Weaker than Krillin, who I place around first-form Freeza. Which still makes him stronger than approximately 99.99999999999999999% of the rest of the universe, so I don't understand when people get offended by other people making their favorite characters "so weak."
yeah i just dont buy it,there is no way the same tien that frustated the hell out of semi perfect cell is at the level of first form frieza
think about it like this is there any way you can see even full power frieza being able to damage/frustate in any sort of manner semi perfect cell?

not even krillin,yamcha and master roshi combined could do what tien did to cell,the same cell who would easily tear full power frieza to pieces
but the credit really goes to tiens technique of choice,which is in all reality one of the most powerful techniques in all dbz since it makes the impossible possible

you got this plus the fact he actually holded his own against trunks until he went super sayan,fastfoward a bit and he is able to not only deflect a blast from buu and if i am not mistaken even enduring an atack from him

is he at any sort of high level?i dont think so comparing to the other z figthers
but i would like to believe he is at least as strong as frieza

tien fan for life

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:09 pm

tienfan wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:Weaker than Krillin, who I place around first-form Freeza. Which still makes him stronger than approximately 99.99999999999999999% of the rest of the universe, so I don't understand when people get offended by other people making their favorite characters "so weak."
yeah i just dont buy it,there is no way the same Tenshinhan that frustated the hell out of semi perfect cell is at the level of first form Freeza
think about it like this is there any way you can see even full power Freeza being able to damage/frustate in any sort of manner semi perfect cell?

not even krillin,yamcha and master roshi combined could do what Tenshinhan did to cell,the same cell who would easily tear full power Freeza to pieces
but the credit really goes to Tenshinhan's technique of choice,which is in all reality one of the most powerful techniques in all dbz since it makes the impossible possible

you got this plus the fact he actually holded his own against trunks until he went super sayan,fastfoward a bit and he is able to not only deflect a blast from buu and if i am not mistaken even enduring an atack from him

is he at any sort of high level?i dont think so comparing to the other z figthers
but i would like to believe he is at least as strong as Freeza
I'm not counting Movie 9, as they are in "different dimensions" than the manga story.
And if Freeza had the Shin Kikoho, then yes. I could see him stalling Cell. Tenshinhan being able to do so is a testament to his skill and the technique, not his power.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

tienfan

Post by tienfan » Sat May 16, 2015 3:09 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I still claim, based on his feats, he should be the strongest human. However, Toriyama specifically declared Krillin as such, so I can't really argue there.

The movie with him and Trunks is not canon, so it can't really be used as evidence. Also, considering Beerus didn't believe Base Goku could beat Freeza in BoG, it seems that he requires a SSJ transformation to defeat Freeza at full power. This likely applies to Tenshinhan as well, but he has no SSJ form, so he can't be stronger than a maxed out Freeza. I'd put him up there with 3rd form or 50% Freeza, maybe.
akira will say what akira will say,just because he says something doesnt make it 100% true since the men himself
oftentimes forgot even his own characters besides many aspects of his own series,so lets just try to leave that aside.

tien fan for life

tienfan

Post by tienfan » Sat May 16, 2015 3:18 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
tienfan wrote:
yeah i just dont buy it,there is no way the same Tenshinhan that frustated the hell out of semi perfect cell is at the level of first form Freeza
think about it like this is there any way you can see even full power Freeza being able to damage/frustate in any sort of manner semi perfect cell?

not even krillin,yamcha and master roshi combined could do what Tenshinhan did to cell,the same cell who would easily tear full power Freeza to pieces
but the credit really goes to Tenshinhan's technique of choice,which is in all reality one of the most powerful techniques in all dbz since it makes the impossible possible

but i would like to believe he is at least as strong as Freeza
I'm not counting Movie 9, as they are in "different dimensions" than the manga story.
And if Freeza had the Shin Kikoho, then yes. I could see him stalling Cell. Tenshinhan being able to do so is a testament to his skill and the technique, not his power.
the series became 100% about the power levels after dragon ball,if there is a massive distance from two characters power levels there is nothing the said weaker character can actually do,just remember what the destructo disk did to cell, nothing because the power level between this two characters was far too big

with that being said for anyone to give any sort of problems to semi perfect cell they would have to at least be at Freeza's level

the importance of technique and skill died with the end of dragon ball, the shin kikoho is still a ki blast atack regardless of where its power is brough up by
if you are far too weak even if you master you still wouldnt have a character with the level of 1 form frieza give any sort of trouble to cell

tien fan for life

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:24 pm

tienfan wrote: the series became 100% about the power levels after dragon ball,if there is a massive distance from two characters power levels there is nothing the said weaker character can actually do,just remember what the destructo disk did to cell, nothing because the power level between this two characters was far too big

with that being said for anyone to give any sort of problems to semi perfect cell they would have to at least be at Freeza's level

the importance of technique and skill died with the end of dragon ball, the shin kikoho is still a ki blast atack regardless of where its power is brough up by
if you are far too weak even if you master you still wouldnt have a character with the level of 1 form Freeza give any sort of trouble to cell
The Kienzan breaking on Cell was a filler scene.

As for power levels being the only thing that matter, Piccolo sent 50% Freeza flying, despite being roughly 2% of his strength. SSJ Trunks did the same to Fat Buu. Android 16 was weaker than Semi-Perfect Cell, yet his bomb may have been strong enough to, at the very least, seriously damage the guy.

And if you don't mind, try polishing up your writing somewhat. It's a bit difficult to read.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

tienfan

Post by tienfan » Sat May 16, 2015 3:39 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
tienfan wrote: the series became 100% about the power levels after dragon ball,if there is a massive distance from two characters power levels there is nothing the said weaker character can actually do,just remember what the destructo disk did to cell, nothing because the power level between this two characters was far too big

if you are far too weak even if you master you still wouldnt have a character with the level of 1 form Freeza give any sort of trouble to cell

As for power levels being the only thing that matter, Piccolo sent 50% Freeza flying, despite being roughly 2% of his strength. SSJ Trunks did the same to Fat Buu. Android 16 was weaker than Semi-Perfect Cell, yet his bomb may have been strong enough to, at the very least, seriously damage the guy.

And if you don't mind, try polishing up your writing somewhat. It's a bit difficult to read.
If technique is actually as important as you say wouldnt that mean krillin in the android saga would have been able to do the same to cell with the destructo disk by that logic?

Piccolo did not have 2% of Freeza's strenght not even close,the bomb installed on android 16 did not make any sort of sense to begin with,a bomb that could seriously damage cell? i mean that is just lazy writing,the damage wouldnt be done by android 16 himself but would rather be done by something that was previously installed on him,if we strapped on a bomb in goku powerfull enough to finish off kid buu would you credit the bomb or goku by being a walking kamikaze?
Last edited by tienfan on Sat May 16, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tien fan for life

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:42 pm

tienfan wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:

If technique is actually as important as you say wouldnt that mean krillin in the android saga would have been able to do the same to cell by that logic?

Piccolo did not have 2% of Freeza's strenght not even close,the bomb installed on android 16 did not make any sort of sense to begin with,a bomb that could seriously damage cell? i mean that is just lazy writing,the damage wouldnt be done by android 16 himself but would rather be done by something that was previously installed on him,if we strapped on a bomb in goku powerfull enough to finish off kid buu would you credit the bomb or goku by being a walking kamikaze?
If Krillin was able to use the Shin Kikoho, then yes, I think he could have done the same thing.
Yeah, my math was a bit off for Piccolo, but that makes the point even stronger. Piccolo was less than 2% as strong as Freeza, yet still sent him flying.
The bomb was part of 16. It wouldn't have been part of Goku.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat May 16, 2015 3:51 pm

tienfan wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:I still claim, based on his feats, he should be the strongest human. However, Toriyama specifically declared Krillin as such, so I can't really argue there.

The movie with him and Trunks is not canon, so it can't really be used as evidence. Also, considering Beerus didn't believe Base Goku could beat Freeza in BoG, it seems that he requires a SSJ transformation to defeat Freeza at full power. This likely applies to Tenshinhan as well, but he has no SSJ form, so he can't be stronger than a maxed out Freeza. I'd put him up there with 3rd form or 50% Freeza, maybe.
akira will say what akira will say,just because he says something doesnt make it 100% true since the men himself
oftentimes forgot even his own characters besides many aspects of his own series,so lets just try to leave that aside.
Krillin was declared the strongest human in the new F movie too. In those blogs and what-not.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

tienfan

Post by tienfan » Sat May 16, 2015 3:51 pm

sorry for the edit above,i did not see your response beforehand

yes it would have been part of goku but it would have been completely unrelated to his actual power and level of skill.
the bomb would be to blame for the death of buu not goku himself

tien fan for life

tienfan

Post by tienfan » Sat May 16, 2015 3:58 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
tienfan wrote:

Krillin was declared the strongest human in the new F movie too. In those blogs and what-not.
lets be real here,even this whole multi universes thing is just an excuse for lack of good writing

actually that whole movie is just a big joke to me,yeah lets bring back frieza again and make him a billion times stronger then before
and oh yeah now there is this transformation that is called "super sayan god super sayan" that turns him blue,real original......

tien fan for life

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat May 16, 2015 4:06 pm

tienfan wrote:and oh yeah now there is this transformation that is called "super sayan god super sayan" that turns him blue,real original......
I find this criticism quite strange. I can totally understand someone being sick of transformations -- heck, even I'm a little tired of them -- but to complain about 'originality' seems a bit odd.

At first we had the Saiyan, and then we got the Super Saiyan which turned the user's hair yellow. I wouldn't say this new transformation is any less original than that.

The naming is a little silly, but at least it's not used in any capacity in the film. Even then, it's only a fraction sillier than tagging 'Super' in front of a race's name, or adding numericals for subsequent transformations.

I quite like that we're getting a new aesthetic to define modern Dragon Ball. Yellow, red, and now blue - it's pretty cool.

Anyway, back to your topic, I just felt like interjecting.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat May 16, 2015 4:35 pm

Given Tien's near year on King Kai's planet (8 months I think) that and the fact he kept on training while Krillin and Yamcha pretty much quit probably should've logically put him above Krillin, not by much given Krillin's potential unlock advantage but noticeably. But Toriyama wants him to be the strongest human up until Uub shows up and I don't see that changing.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat May 16, 2015 4:59 pm

Kamiccolo9's profile says he's banned yet he's still posting…??? :wtf:
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

tienfan

Post by tienfan » Sat May 16, 2015 5:02 pm

AjayLikesGaming wrote:
tienfan wrote:and oh yeah now there is this transformation that is called "super sayan god super sayan" that turns him blue,real original......
I find this criticism quite strange. I can totally understand someone being sick of transformations -- heck, even I'm a little tired of them -- but to complain about 'originality' seems a bit odd.

At first we had the Saiyan, and then we got the Super Saiyan which turned the user's hair yellow. I wouldn't say this new transformation is any less original than that.

The naming is a little silly, but at least it's not used in any capacity in the film. Even then, it's only a fraction sillier than tagging 'Super' in front of a race's name, or adding numericals for subsequent transformations.

I quite like that we're getting a new aesthetic to define modern Dragon Ball. Yellow, red, and now blue - it's pretty cool.

Anyway, back to your topic, I just felt like interjecting.
the reason is very simple my friend,its just that at first i liked the concept of the super sayan god transformation
because it was supposed to be the "ultimate stage" that any warrior would be able to achieve in the series

i mean what can be stronger then a "god" form?
yeah thats right a super sayan form for......the super sayan god form?
that just sounds so stupid it makes my head hurt

it was a product of lazy writing and its quite dumb,i like the aesthetics of it but i think we have seen enough transformations already for the past 18 years

i mean at least they could have just said that at first goku wasnt able to truly master this form,and that after a while with enough training it would
be when this form would actually achieve its true godlike power or something but not this

also the original god form already became useless because of it and i dont like that
Last edited by tienfan on Sat May 16, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tien fan for life

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat May 16, 2015 5:03 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Kamiccolo9's profile says he's banned yet he's still posting…??? :wtf:
And Fennekin says he's "Not Banned," but he is? What sorcery is this?!?!

Nah, I'm sure it'll get around to being fixed soon enough. Until then, I have uber haxxed posting skillz.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat May 16, 2015 5:04 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Kamiccolo9's profile says he's banned yet he's still posting…??? :wtf:
Takes awhile to change