Piccolo+Kami+Piccolo Daimao

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Periskir

Piccolo+Kami+Piccolo Daimao

Post by Periskir » Thu May 21, 2015 7:42 am

How much would be Piccolo's power if he had fused-apart from Nail and Kami- with his father Piccolo Daimao?

Akira
Regular

Re: Piccolo+Kami+Piccolo Daimao

Post by Akira » Thu May 21, 2015 8:32 am

This was just asked recently by another member. I will explain it again though. Piccolo Junior is already "fused" with Piccolo Daimao. When Goku punched a hole through Daimao, he spit up an egg and his essence combined with it just before he exploded. So while "Junior" was technically his "son" in a physical sense with his own personality, he also had all the memories and power of Piccolo Daimao from birth. That is why Kami did not die that day too, the very essence of Daimao was transferred to Junior, along with the link to Kami.

Recall that soon after merging with Nail, that Piccolo makes statements to Freeza and Dende that make them question how he knows certain things. The personalities are still somewhat separate, as the merging was very recent, but after time they become a collective memory and a single merged consciousness. Also recall when Piccolo later takes on Android 17 that Android 16 makes a statement along the lines of, "Piccolo is not alone." When he is powering up, you even see the essence of Kami within him.

The same thing is shown at the 23rd Budokai. Junior taunts Goku, and his voice is that of Daimao, and his essence is even seen briefly in Junior as he is speaking. Their merging is why Junior was so powerful at a very young age, and probably had something to do with why he grew to an adult size in just three short years.
"Of" =/= "Have"

Contractions:
-Should have = Should've
-Could have = Could've
-Would have = Would've

The heck does "should of" even mean anyway? Think about what those two words mean individually, and then try to read them back to back in a sentence and make sense of it. Are you forming a prepositional phrase, is "should" a part of a larger grouping, or are you just typing random words based on how you think you hear them used verbally? Perhaps take a moment to contemplate this, and see if it becomes as mind jarring for you to look at as it does for me..

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 21, 2015 11:57 am

It's impossible for Piccolo to fuse with Piccolo Daimao as the both of them are the same being. It's not like the ying/yang sort of deal that Piccolo and Kami have. Piccolo is literally a reincarnation in every form of Piccolo Daimao.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu May 21, 2015 12:55 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:It's impossible for Piccolo to fuse with Piccolo Daimao as the both of them are the same being. It's not like the ying/yang sort of deal that Piccolo and Kami have. Piccolo is literally a reincarnation in every form of Piccolo Daimao.
He's got a different body.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu May 21, 2015 12:55 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:It's impossible for Piccolo to fuse with Piccolo Daimao as the both of them are the same being. It's not like the ying/yang sort of deal that Piccolo and Kami have. Piccolo is literally a reincarnation in every form of Piccolo Daimao.
Yes, and no. He has the soul that was the basis of Piccolo Daimao (and which was connected to Kami). But he has his own consciousness nonetheless. Therefore calling him father is fitting because he is someone different (as the essence and reality perceiving instance of what we are is our consciousness/self) and a reinarcarnation is also fitting because he has the soul.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 21, 2015 1:09 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
But he's still practically a clone.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Thu May 21, 2015 1:16 pm

The only way I guess I could see this working is if Piccolo traveled to a different time or universe where Piccolo Daimao was still physically present. That would actually be pretty interesting. In terms of where the newly fused being would stand in power would likely heavily be determined by how powerful Piccolo is at the time of the fusion. If we go with Piccolo fusing while he's at around Cell Jr. level, then I could see him rivaling some of the weaker forms of Buu at the very least.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:19 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Except...not?

A clone is physically identical to the original. Piccolo is not physically the same being as Daimao.

How is one "practically" a clone, anyway? That seems like a pretty clear-cut state. Either they are exactly identical or not.
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).

Truhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Truhan » Thu May 21, 2015 1:32 pm

The answer lies in the fact that Piccolo Daimao is a Dragon Clan Namekian, because he is half of the original Namekian that turned into Kami. He spat out Piccolo Jr, who is a Namekian Warrior that has the memories of Daimao, and a link to Kami through the latter. In a way, Kami was just lending his power to Piccolo in the same way Nail gave his, so why would Piccolo Daimao be any different? There's no turning complete, because it's not a proper fusion. It would require an original Namekian to be created to be properly called "fusion".

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 21, 2015 1:37 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote: He's got a different body.
Except...not?

A clone is physically identical to the original. Piccolo is not physically the same being as Daimao.

How is one "practically" a clone, anyway? That seems like a pretty clear-cut state. Either they are exactly identical or not.
King Piccolo:

Piccolo Jr.:

They look identical to me.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Thu May 21, 2015 1:51 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:They look identical to me.
I think you need your eyes checked if you think they look identical. They are clearly different from each other on those pics. And if Piccolo Daimao is a Dragon Clan Namekian whereas Piccolo Jr. is a Warrior Type Namekian I think it is pretty clear that Piccolo Jr. is not a clone of Piccolo Daimao. Because otherwise they'd be the same type of Namekian.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu May 21, 2015 2:17 pm

I've always seen Piccolo Daimao as an anomaly. He seems like a hybrid between a dragon type and a warrior one. This guy is able to create mutant/demons...
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 21, 2015 2:29 pm

Hitiro wrote:
I think you need your eyes checked if you think they look identical. They are clearly different from each other on those pics. And if Piccolo Daimao is a Dragon Clan Namekian whereas Piccolo Jr. is a Warrior Type Namekian I think it is pretty clear that Piccolo Jr. is not a clone of Piccolo Daimao. Because otherwise they'd be the same type of Namekian.
Perhaps they're not totally identical, but there are many striking similarities between the two of them.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Thu May 21, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu May 21, 2015 2:30 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Hitiro wrote:
Perhaps they're not totally identical. They are many striking similarities between the two of them.
Then they're not clones.
Malik_DBNA wrote:

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Thu May 21, 2015 2:43 pm

I always felt like Piccolo was the biologically reborn form of Piccolo Daimao, with a soul of his own. Whether Piccolo fully obtained Piccolo Daimao's soul or inherited only certain aspects of Piccolo Daimao's consciousness are left for debate in my opinion.

Following up on my post from earlier, I think it would be interesting if Piccolo Daimao from a different time or universe ended up merging with Piccolo end of Z. As mentioned before, I think they would acquire a power that may be able to rival some of the weaker forms of Buu at the very least.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Thu May 21, 2015 2:53 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Perhaps they're not totally identical, but there are many striking similarities between the two of them.
As you would expect from a father and child. Of course they are going to have similar features.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu May 21, 2015 8:09 pm

According to a what-if story in the video-game Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors, if Boo arc Piccolo had merged with Piccolo Daimao, he would have reached Evil Boo's level.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Thu May 21, 2015 8:18 pm

Merging with someone with a Battle Power of 260(?) gives Piccolo a 1,000x+ leap in power? :?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:22 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Merging with someone with a Battle Power of 260(?) gives Piccolo a 1,000x+ leap in power? :?
PIccolo Daimao is not 260. 23rd Budokai Tenshinhan is stronger than him and faster than Weighted Goku (at least the one he fought)... who's speed didn't improve at all from his fight with Piccolo Daimao.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu May 21, 2015 8:27 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Merging with someone with a Battle Power of 260(?) gives Piccolo a 1,000x+ leap in power? :?
This happens because Piccolo becomes "complete". Piccolo got a big boost from Kami as well, who was in the 200s, because he reunited with his other half, not because of Kami's battle power.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.