What would happen if Gohan was kidnapped by Raditz?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

What would happen if Gohan was kidnapped by Raditz?

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:36 pm

You know, if Raditz killed Goku and Piccolo without ever learning about the dragon balls, what do you think would be of Gohan's life (assuming Raditz didn't kill him for his little anger attack)? Would he become a typical saiyan crony? Would he follow orders, but plan a rebellion?

I feel there's enough content here for a what-if spin-off.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Hitiro
I Live Here

Re: What would happen if Gohan was kidnapped by Raditz?

Post by Hitiro » Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:37 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:You know, if Raditz killed Goku and Piccolo without ever learning about the dragon balls, what do you think would be of Gohan's life (assuming Raditz didn't kill him for his little anger attack)? Would he become a typical saiyan crony? Would he follow orders, but plan a rebellion?

He'd be killed by Vegeta or Nappa. Because Vegeta had already stated he doesn't want Saiyan Hybrid children who are running around with battle powers higher than his.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:14 pm

There's a fanfic called Cold World that dealt with Raditz taking Gohan's rise in power for face value, and took him to Nappa and Vegeta. It was decently written, As expected Gohan underwent stockholm syndrome after being a PTO solder and dealing with the horrors that came with it. It's pretty good.

Diotor
Beyond Newbie

Post by Diotor » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:57 am

FoolsGil wrote:There's a fanfic called Cold World that dealt with Raditz taking Gohan's rise in power for face value, and took him to Nappa and Vegeta. It was decently written, As expected Gohan underwent stockholm syndrome after being a PTO solder and dealing with the horrors that came with it. It's pretty good.
I've never read that before and enjoyed it immensely. Appreciated.

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:49 pm

Hitiro wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:You know, if Raditz killed Goku and Piccolo without ever learning about the dragon balls, what do you think would be of Gohan's life (assuming Raditz didn't kill him for his little anger attack)? Would he become a typical saiyan crony? Would he follow orders, but plan a rebellion?

He'd be killed by Vegeta or Nappa. Because Vegeta had already stated he doesn't want Saiyan Hybrid children who are running around with battle powers higher than his.
That's hardly the case here, gohan was nowhere near vegetas power level. He could easily disintegrate gohan with a blast.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:13 pm

Gohan could likely end up being stronger then Vegeta, Nappa and Radditz. I'm not sure if Gohan could be strong enough to take out Freeza though. Freeza could end up killing all four of them if they try to fight against them.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:00 pm

Gohan would have died. Raditz, Vegeta and Nappa were attacking a planet that was too dangerous for Raditz to be on, so the whole purpose of him getting Goku was to get out of the way of danger. 10 months travelling to Earth to get Goku while Vegeta and Nappa continue fighting, 10 months travelling to return. That's 20 months of having stalled for time and, once returned, Goku is a big target for the population because he the weakest of the Saiyans. Raditz's plan essentially would have swapped out Goku for Gohan. If Gohan survives, great. If not, who cares? Being as weak as he was, Gohan would have died on day 1.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.