The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:27 pm

Noah wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Android 18 was involved in the Future Trunks Saga, as in go to the future and fought against Goku Black and Zamasu?
She would be blown to bits, she's a fodder to the actual main cast.
This answer would fit even in the Androids Arc, literally every important villain has been much stronger than her, even in her own arc.

SatsuiNoJXA

Post by SatsuiNoJXA » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:12 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
SatsuiNoJXA wrote:What if Goku followed through with his threat and killed Kaioshin at the World Tournament??
They'd all get killed by Super Buu.
Yes! And I also considered the idea, that Goku would have killed Beerus as well.

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:55 pm

What if the mortal from Universe 12 who time traveled was one of the fighters in the upcoming tournament of power?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:06 pm

DBS916 wrote:What if the mortal from Universe 12 who time traveled was one of the fighters in the upcoming tournament of power?
We know nothing about him.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:07 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Noah wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Android 18 was involved in the Future Trunks Saga, as in go to the future and fought against Goku Black and Zamasu?
This answer would fit even in the Androids Arc, literally every important villain has been much stronger than her, even in her own arc.
Maybe have her train with Whis?
Caulifla best girl! :)

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:09 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Noah wrote:
Her power is mainly based on her infinite energy reactor though, her actual ki is nothing special.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:20 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: This answer would fit even in the Androids Arc, literally every important villain has been much stronger than her, even in her own arc.
Her power is mainly based on her infinite energy reactor though, her actual ki is nothing special.
Well is there anything to help her go at least toe to toe with Black and Zamasu?
Caulifla best girl! :)

DBS916
Regular

Post by DBS916 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:35 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
DBS916 wrote:What if the mortal from Universe 12 who time traveled was one of the fighters in the upcoming tournament of power?
We know nothing about him.
No, I know. What I meant was what if he or she debuted at the tournament as one of the fighters.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:10 pm

What if?

Buuhan could turn Super Saiyan?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:21 pm

Gog wrote:What if?

He wins. With access to regular SS, he'd stomp the shit out of even SS3 Vegetto.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:55 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:

He wins. With access to regular SS, he'd stomp the shit out of even SS3 Vegetto.
Buu can probably actually harness the Super Saiyan power of the people inside him. When he only has Piccolo inside him, he doesn't change much besides getting a cape, but with Goten and Trunks he becomes noticeably more human in appearance.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:23 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:

Buu can probably actually harness the Super Saiyan power of the people inside him. When he only has Piccolo inside him, he doesn't change much besides getting a cape, but with Goten and Trunks he becomes noticeably more human in appearance.
I'm pretty sure he would've used Goten & Trunks SS forms if he could've but the fact he needs to absorb Gohan so he doesn't get stomped by him again probably means Boo can only use SS power if its on when he absorbs the Saiyan in-question like he did for Gotenks.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:29 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He wins. With access to regular SS, he'd stomp the shit out of even SS3 Vegetto.
I'm pretty sure he would've used Goten & Trunks SS forms if he could've but the fact he needs to absorb Gohan so he doesn't get stomped by him again probably means Boo can only use SS power if its on when he absorbs the Saiyan in-question like he did for Gotenks.
Goten and Trunks on their own aren't much, they're equal to pre-training Gohan at best, the two of them put together would get thrashed by SSJ2 Goku. Their power while they aren't fused isn't nearly enough to make much of a difference, but since they're stronger than Piccolo they were able to change Buu's appearance.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:29 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Buu can probably actually harness the Super Saiyan power of the people inside him. When he only has Piccolo inside him, he doesn't change much besides getting a cape, but with Goten and Trunks he becomes noticeably more human in appearance.
Goten and Trunks on their own aren't much, they're equal to pre-training Gohan at best, the two of them put together would get thrashed by SSJ2 Goku. Their power while they aren't fused isn't nearly enough to make much of a difference, but since they're stronger than Piccolo they were able to change Buu's appearance.
I doubt they're stronger than Piccolo since he's the dominant appearance Boo takes.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:42 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: I'm pretty sure he would've used Goten & Trunks SS forms if he could've but the fact he needs to absorb Gohan so he doesn't get stomped by him again probably means Boo can only use SS power if its on when he absorbs the Saiyan in-question like he did for Gotenks.
I doubt they're stronger than Piccolo since he's the dominant appearance Boo takes.
They have to be stronger than him, though. Even Pre-RoSAT they aren't that far off from Gohan's power, whereas Piccolo is much weaker than Kaioshin who himself is weaker than SSJ Gohan.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:44 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Goten and Trunks on their own aren't much, they're equal to pre-training Gohan at best, the two of them put together would get thrashed by SSJ2 Goku. Their power while they aren't fused isn't nearly enough to make much of a difference, but since they're stronger than Piccolo they were able to change Buu's appearance.
They have to be stronger than him, though. Even Pre-RoSAT they aren't that far off from Gohan's power, whereas Piccolo is much weaker than Kaioshin who himself is weaker than SSJ Gohan.
Yeah, SS but the boys aren't SS inside Boo. Remember, when the two of them defuse the drop to their base forms as Gotenks and then individually too and they're in Base when Goku & Vegeta spring them out.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:52 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: I doubt they're stronger than Piccolo since he's the dominant appearance Boo takes.
Yeah, SS but the boys aren't SS inside Boo. Remember, when the two of them defuse the drop to their base forms as Gotenks and then individually too and they're in Base when Goku & Vegeta spring them out.
But they were still strong enough to influence Buu's appearance. They gave him fingers and slightly more defined facial features, his head tentacle was also longer than when he only had Piccolo. When Gotenks and Gohan get absorbed, they almost completely erase any trace of anyone else in there, so this means the gap between Piccolo and the kids is smaller than the gap between Gotenks/Gohan and everyone else.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:54 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: They have to be stronger than him, though. Even Pre-RoSAT they aren't that far off from Gohan's power, whereas Piccolo is much weaker than Kaioshin who himself is weaker than SSJ Gohan.
But they were still strong enough to influence Buu's appearance. They gave him fingers and slightly more defined facial features, his head tentacle was also longer than when he only had Piccolo. When Gotenks and Gohan get absorbed, they almost completely erase any trace of anyone else in there, so this means the gap between Piccolo and the kids is smaller than the gap between Gotenks/Gohan and everyone else.
When do Goten and Trunks influence him without Piccolo besides when they're Gotenks?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:59 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: Yeah, SS but the boys aren't SS inside Boo. Remember, when the two of them defuse the drop to their base forms as Gotenks and then individually too and they're in Base when Goku & Vegeta spring them out.
When do Goten and Trunks influence him without Piccolo besides when they're Gotenks?
They don't, it's the opposite. Buu w/ only Piccolo looks quite different from Buu w/ Goten, Trunks and Piccolo. If he could only access their base energy, they'd be many times weaker than Piccolo and thus shouldn't influence him at all, however if he could also draw on their SSJ energy they'd only be around ~50% stronger and thus it'd make sense for him to possess traits from all 3.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:59 pm

What if

Cell didn't become dumber the closer he came too perfection?