The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Sandubadear » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:31 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:What if one or more of the Hakaishin gave their team members destruction energy to use in the tournament, like Sidra gave that assassin? Would that be considered cheating? Would they be punished for it?
Tournament doesn't allow killing.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:54 am

Not for killing, just to power up their attacks.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:01 pm

What if they use the mafuba on Majin Buu instead of learning the fusion dance?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:23 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:What if they use the mafuba on Majin Buu instead of learning the fusion dance?

They wouldn't have succeeded since. The kids are cocky and stupid. However if Piccolo actually did the mafuba then the buu saga would have ended much sooner then it did. Then buu would be left with east Kaioshin somewhere forever.

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:50 pm

Luffy vs Goku

equal strength

Luffy using odd creative techniques reminds me of kid Goku coming up with techniques in the tournaments.

I'm unsure who would be the victor. I feel Goku has more fighting experience, but Luffy's fighting style could really catch him off guard. Though I'm sure he could adapt.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:24 pm

If the mafuba was done on Buu and it did work on him, Goku would still be dead in Other World. So I would imagine that they would all end up being killed by Freeza a few years later unless they use the mafuba on Freeza.
She/Her

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:12 pm

What if Bra was born one year after the Cell Saga? Would she have done anything in the Buu Saga? Would she have turned into a Super Saiyan? :think:
Caulifla best girl! :)

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:26 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Bra was born one year after the Cell Saga? Would she have done anything in the Buu Saga? Would she have turned into a Super Saiyan? :think:
She would have been a ssj, plot might have called for a 3 person fusion.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:51 pm

What-If Vegeta and Goku were raised by Whis and Beerus? This would be goku a month or two after his grandfather died. How much more powerful would they be by the end of Z?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:18 pm

What if Fat Buu was awaken in Future Trunks timeline?
She/Her

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:52 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:What if Fat Buu was awaken in Future Trunks timeline?
Either trunks beats him or black ultimately kills him.

However I could see trunks making friends with him. If he does he would be a great ally against black.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:51 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:What if Fat Buu was awaken in Future Trunks timeline?
In the manga continuity I'm pretty convinced he'd kill both Trunks and Black, assuming Black wants to contain Buu (one wants to exterminate mankind, the other is for mindless destruction unless talked out of it) -- Black can't even turn Super Saiyan right after his "Grand Theft Me" act.

In the anime, he'd kill Trunks, but I don't know what'd happen against Black. He Fat Buu should still be stronger at least in the very beginning.
I could some sort of Dragon Ball Multiverse Special with Buu killing Trunks, almost killing Black and then being felled by Merged Zamas, though. Black wouldn't be as stupid as confronting Buu head on.
Berserker1921 wrote:What-If Vegeta and Goku were raised by Whis and Beerus? This would be goku a month or two after his grandfather died. How much more powerful would they be by the end of Z?
Statistics would say that given their progession rate, they'd realistically reach some really absurd tier and transformation unless some "invisible hand" was keeping them down for the sake of the plot. I'd say that in fifty years or so, taking all the scaling in consideration and excluding butterfly effects, they should actually end up being the strongest individuals in the multiverse after Zen'o.

I have one, given a recent discussion on this board: you are Toriyama and are considering inserting Gogeta in the Buu arc instead of Vegito (and the Potaras). How would you handle this? No timeframe given, you could have made Buutenks debut or you could start all the way back from the beginning of the Buu arc.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:13 pm

I think Future Trunks would have went back to the past to stop Buu if he was awaken in Trunks timelime. Goku would be like "We already beat Buu. We can come and help you out". Goku defeats Buu in one punch and return back to the past. Black shows up and the rest would remind the same in my opinion.
She/Her

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:18 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I think Future Trunks would have went back to the past to stop Buu if he was awaken in Trunks timelime. Goku would be like "We already beat Buu. We can come and help you out". Goku defeats Buu in one punch and return back to the past. Black shows up and the rest would remind the same in my opinion.
... Shin Budokai 2, in short (minus the One Punch Man part). :)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:06 pm

What if Rumsshi stop Zamasu instead of Beerus and Whis?
She/Her

Taingo

Post by Taingo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:50 pm

What if Frieza didn't destroy the planet Vegeta, but Goku still goes to Earth, hits his head, and the Dragon ball series stays the same up until Raditz's arrival? Do the saiyans still just send Raditz to deal with Goku? Or an army? Is Earth screwed?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:42 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:What if Rumsshi stop Zamasu instead of Beerus and Whis?
He would probably have killed Zamasu instantly or at the very least imprisoned him. Without creating the alternate timeline.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:44 am

Taingo wrote:What if Frieza didn't destroy the planet Vegeta, but Goku still goes to Earth, hits his head, and the Dragon ball series stays the same up until Raditz's arrival? Do the saiyans still just send Raditz to deal with Goku? Or an army? Is Earth screwed?
They would send jusr raditz intially. However in later part of the arc instead of vegeta. Thayer would be dozens of low class saiyans invading. Either goku kills them all or they befriend the saiyan. Eventually vegeta comes down and the rest thag follows. Except vegeta will raise a saiyan army against Frieza on namaek

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:35 am

What if Gohan went with his father and Vegeta to go train with Whis? How strong would he have become? Would he achieved Super Saiyan Blue?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:37 pm

Taingo wrote:What if Frieza didn't destroy the planet Vegeta, but Goku still goes to Earth, hits his head, and the Dragon ball series stays the same up until Raditz's arrival? Do the saiyans still just send Raditz to deal with Goku? Or an army? Is Earth screwed?
They would do a follow up report on Goku on Earth. So they would send a few Saiyans to look for Goku and everyone ends up being killed later on. Goku would end up working for Freeza.
She/Her