The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:05 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:What if instead of 7, 10 years had gone by following the Cell Games?
Everyone would have been a bit stronger, save for gohan who would have been about his cell saga ssj2 by that time. Vegeta might have achieved or mastered ssj2 similar to what he did when they met Beerus. Goku would be more in control with ssj3, less issues with stamina. So by the time the buu saga happened, everyone would be doing slightly better against the bubblegum demon.
1) Thank you for answering my earlier post, Berserker1921.

2) What if in the days before the Cell Games had began, Dende had removed the typical restrictions of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber like in Dragon Ball Super, and the Z Fighters had been able to use the new Room of Spirit and Time in this order? (Of course, with Goku this time around, getting the young Dende to Kami's Lookout and collecting the reborn Dragon Balls just moments before training with Gohan inside the former Hyperbolic Time Chamber.) Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, and Future Trunks would train for five years in a row, with Krillin, Yamcha, Tien Shinhan, and Chiaotzu entering in as a group like the others before them for the next five years? Would this have been enough to beat the evil Cell at his own game? (If, of course most of the Z Fighters had used the 10 days very seriously?)

1. Your welcome and my pleasure.

2. They would all be massively more powerful then they weee before. I suspect though vegeta and goku biggest boost out of this. Being rivals, I suspect vegeta would attack goku at any chance he would get. Over those five years they would become friendlier and that fight boner for goku would be gone. I believe all of the saiyans would reach ssj2. While piccolo would be as strong or close to where he was in the buu saga. Now for the others if they could survive would all vary from first form Frieza level to third form.

Any of the other saiyans slaughter cell.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:08 am

Berserker1921 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:
Everyone would have been a bit stronger, save for gohan who would have been about his cell saga ssj2 by that time. Vegeta might have achieved or mastered ssj2 similar to what he did when they met Beerus. Goku would be more in control with ssj3, less issues with stamina. So by the time the buu saga happened, everyone would be doing slightly better against the bubblegum demon.
1) Thank you for answering my earlier post, Berserker1921.

2) What if in the days before the Cell Games had began, Dende had removed the typical restrictions of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber like in Dragon Ball Super, and the Z Fighters had been able to use the new Room of Spirit and Time in this order? (Of course, with Goku this time around, getting the young Dende to Kami's Lookout and collecting the reborn Dragon Balls just moments before training with Gohan inside the former Hyperbolic Time Chamber.) Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, and Future Trunks would train for five years in a row, with Krillin, Yamcha, Tien Shinhan, and Chiaotzu entering in as a group like the others before them for the next five years? Would this have been enough to beat the evil Cell at his own game? (If, of course most of the Z Fighters had used the 10 days very seriously?)

1. Your welcome and my pleasure.

2. They would all be massively more powerful then they weee before. I suspect though vegeta and goku biggest boost out of this. Being rivals, I suspect vegeta would attack goku at any chance he would get. Over those five years they would become friendlier and that fight boner for goku would be gone. I believe all of the saiyans would reach ssj2. While piccolo would be as strong or close to where he was in the buu saga. Now for the others if they could survive would all vary from first form Frieza level to third form.

Any of the other saiyans slaughter cell.
1) What if in this same timeline, instead of Goku going up against regular old Perfect Cell, the Super Saiyan would face-off against Super Perfect Cell in combat? Would Goku have needed to go into his Super Saiyan 2 form to be able to defeat Cell, or would his Full Power Super Saiyan form have improved enough to allow him to win? (Also, how well do you think the Cell Juniors would have done if they had fought in a rather big group of 9, with the same strength they had in canon, against Super Saiyan 2 Goku, Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta, Super Saiyan 2 Gohan, Piccolo (Weighted Clothing Removed), and Super Saiyan 2 Future Trunks in battle?)

2) What if just later on in this same timeline, all of the Z Fighters had continued their training for the 7 years after the death of Super Perfect Cell by mentoring under the legendary King Kai in the Otherworld, receiving the very same training only Goku himself had gone through in the main timeline of the Dragon Ball Z series, with Trunks, Goten, Android 17, and Android 18 also joining in, but with the fiendish 4 known as Great Ape Paragus, Legendary Super Saiyan Broly, Super Hatchiyack, and Full Power Bojack having been taken over by Babidi, turning them into Majins before having come to Earth, would the Z Warriors have done enough training to prepare themselves for the Premier in the order of Majins? (One last thing to mention, the own Multi-Form technique of Tien Shinhan would have been learned by all of the Z Fighters, as to help the few Super Warriors like Goku and the others be at multiple places at once, so when Gohan would be showing Videl how to fly by first controlling her Ki in order to do so, Gohan would have been a much more capable Teacher and prepared his future wife for the upcoming World Tournament by teaching her very well how toward being able to sense energy and use both the Afterimage Technique and even the Kamehameha in only a few hours, but would these new skills have been enough to let Videl win against Majin Spopovich?)

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:26 pm

What if Mr. Satan woke up one day and discovered that somehow he had miraculously become as strong as he always bragging about being?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:33 pm

What if Kami took notice of Dabra in Age 474? Could he, Roshi and Crane Hermit defeat him by using the Mafūba? If they do win, what could happen later on in the series?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:18 pm

What if Vegeta and all of the members of the other teams save 11 (including the eliminated members) gave Goku energy for his Genki Dama against Jiren?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:05 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:What if Vegeta and all of the members of the other teams save 11 (including the eliminated members) gave Goku energy for his Genki Dama against Jiren?
If would be hard to say if goku then would have enough power to defeat Jiren. The spirit bomb might have the power to actually defeat or kill Jiren but i think goku wouldn't have the actual power to force it on Jiren who would continuously push it away from it. However goku would absorb it and I think he would last a lot longer in UI before powering down. Idk if that would be enough to defeat Jiren but we'll see.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:07 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:What if Kami took notice of Dabra in Age 474? Could he, Roshi and Crane Hermit defeat him by using the Mafūba? If they do win, what could happen later on in the series?
Babidi wouldn't have his powerful bodyguard and would have search for someone almost as strong. However he probably go after Frieza then and use him as his slave.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:10 am

If Freeza is around 474? He could find Freeza later on before or after he destroy Planet Vegeta.
She/Her

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Here's one, Goku dies fighting Piccolo and Piccolo is killed by the humans or they kill Kami.

The dbs turn to stone and Goku and Piccolo are dead.

Geros spy robots see this.

Raditz comes to Earth to be told his brother died fighting an epic battle against a powerful demon. He leaves having no beef with the zfighters and Freeza not asking them to do in earth.

Freeza never hears about the DB's through the scouter and doesn't head to namek

Babibi grabs boos ball and leaves.

Beerus can't have the premonition or whatever.

Without the second Zeno he doesn't decide to destroy earth.

Is earth at peace?

Does Gero still want to conquer or kill gokus friends?
Does Raditz shoot the messenger out of spite?
Does Freeza force ever eventually get to earth?
What goes down?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:07 pm

TobyS wrote:Here's one, Goku dies fighting Piccolo and Piccolo is killed by the humans or they kill Kami.

The dbs turn to stone and Goku and Piccolo are dead.

Geros spy robots see this.

Raditz comes to Earth to be told his brother died fighting an epic battle against a powerful demon. He leaves having no beef with the zfighters and Freeza not asking them to do in earth.

Freeza never hears about the DB's through the scouter and doesn't head to namek

Babibi grabs boos ball and leaves.

Beerus can't have the premonition or whatever.

Without the second Zeno he doesn't decide to destroy earth.

Is earth at peace?

Does Gero still want to conquer or kill gokus friends?
Does Raditz shoot the messenger out of spite?
Does Freeza force ever eventually get to earth?
What goes down?
Everyone is pretty much at peace.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:52 pm

I asked this question before but no one really answered me, so I'll ask again but with an extra layer. What if Gohan and Piccolo trained with Whis after the Resurrection F arc? How strong would they have become? What would they do in Super, if that happened?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:09 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I asked this question before but no one really answered me, so I'll ask again but with an extra layer. What if Gohan and Piccolo trained with Whis after the Resurrection F arc? How strong would they have become? What would they do in Super, if that happened?
Gohan would leave after six months or so. Idk if he would have achieved ssjblue. He would leave because he isn't goku, he probably hate to be away from his wife and new born baby fo such a long time. Probably would reach somewhere between where he is currently and rage trunks at the end of the arc. Piccolo would stay for a year or so and he would be massively more powerful then he is currently. Probably would be stronger then ssj God goku. Gohan and piccolo would be useful against black. Gohan and trunks maybe performing some sort of fusion. Piccolo using the mafuba properly and capturing zamasu before they merged.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:31 pm

What if Goku gave up fighting for food?

I'm asking because it's Thanksgiving.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:03 pm

He would eat until his body collapses.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:27 pm

Noah wrote:He would eat until his body collapses.
1) Goku would cause the extinction of restaurants everywhere.

2) What if Goku was born 1/4 Human and 3/4 Saiyan?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:14 pm

What if Dyspo was the God of Destruction in Universe 7 and Beerus was a Pride Trooper.
She/Her

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:15 pm

What if Goku/Kakarotto was raised by Piccolo Daimao.

For this What if to work first Piccolo Daimao must have won against Mutaito and then never suffered the seal of the Mafuba and of course that Kakarotto landed near a place owned by Piccolo Daimao.

In this scenario a resistance will be at work and many major scientist would work together against King Piccolo rules. So the Cyborg would be designed to be machine to kill Piccolo. The Red Ruban would be here instead the name of said resistance, Yamcha, Kuririn and Chichi would work in this resistance in various cells.

Tenshinhan/Chaozu his master Tsuru Sennin along with his brother Tao Pai Pai would work under Piccolo Daimao rules.

I imagine Pilaf and his gang serve as Maid/Butler for Kakarotto/Goku of course Goku/Kakarotto would not being called like that but with name chosen from the evil Namekian why not Katas.

Edit:
I have also an instrumental name for Kakarotto, Gaohu (高胡) from the chinese instrument.
Gaohu Chinese bowed string instrument developed from the erhu in the 1920s by the musician and composer Lü Wencheng (1898–1981)
(高) Gao in japanese mean the roar of any animal think of Goaranger or Gaogaigar. Which fit Kakarotto judging his Saiyan/Apes heritage.
(胡) Hu in japanese if two website I checked if they are correct means barbarian foreign which again fit Kakarotto origin nature.

Coincidentaly Gaohu would be near Goku in termes of sonority.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:07 am

What-if Cell was hit by the Mafaba, the moment he returned after becoming Super Perfect Cell? Would things later on be different? Would he become an ally during the buu saga? Or one of Babidi's slaves?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:54 am

Berserker1921 wrote:What-if Cell was hit by the Mafaba, the moment he returned after becoming Super Perfect Cell? Would things later on be different? Would he become an ally during the buu saga? Or one of Babidi's slaves?
Cell would let Babidi give him the majin boost but would still be defeated by Buu or Gohan.

With Cell just contained and not dead I see Gohan not ignoring his training however.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:03 pm

What if Shin fused with Dai Kaioshin against Kid Buu?
She/Her