The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote:What if Gohan had achieved MUI when he broke out of Raditz's space pod and learned to use it at will? How would this affect the story through the Buy Arc and into Super?
I don't see Gohan mastering Migatte no Gokui this young :wtf:

What if the Dragon Quest game were the past of Universe 7 Earth ?
I know it's impossible, but I meant if he somehow could use MUI at will after that.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:57 pm

What if Vegeta replaced Android 17 in the Universe Survival Arc finale?
Caulifla best girl! :)

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:24 pm

What if the Namekian dB's had turned to stone having been used just before Freeza got there (say Kuririn in Nappa's pod)

Would he occupy the planet for a year? Leaving his empire? Would Guru tell him he expects to die before then? Would he send ginyus or zarbon after the earthlings?

How could the story go?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:41 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Vegeta replaced Android 17 in the Universe Survival Arc finale?
They would fail because Vegeta wouldn't be able to transform and Base Vegeta is weaker than 17.

In light of Infinity War coming out this week, what if Hit got his hands on the Time Gem just before the TOP and is allowed to use it during the TOP, and learns to use it to go along with his Time Skip and other abilities, along with his overall strength?

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:43 am

I haven't seen Infinity War yet, but isn't the Time Gem = the Eye of Agamotto from Doctor Strange?

If so... well hey, looks like Hit just gained Whis's time-rewind power! Probably with no recharge period, too. Useful for sure, but I don't know if it'd be enough to make a difference against somebody with such overwhelming power as Jiren. Maybe this would lead to one of those "Hit secretly wasn't eliminated when it looked like he was, and now he's hiding out somewhere on the battlefield waiting for another chance" scenarios that people kept guessing would happen for a while there. XD

SuperSaiyanMastaDon

Post by SuperSaiyanMastaDon » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:15 am

My favorite "What If" is probably Vegeta turning Super Saiyan on Namek. How that all plays out. For me personally, I envision Super Saiyan Vegeta being a step or two behind 70% Freeza and just enjoying all the elements that would go into this. Would Freeza go 50% for a while first, get beat up, feeding Vegeta's ego? All to have it snatched away. How about a Super Saiyan Vegeta launching his massive planet buster down on Freeza this time, when Freeza doesn't have time to power up?

So many elements there, I can write about 5 different scenarios.

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Sun May 06, 2018 5:44 pm

What if Frieza didn't attack SS Goku from behind when he gave him his energy?
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Sun May 06, 2018 6:03 pm

Sonofman wrote:What if Frieza didn't attack SS Goku from behind when he gave him his energy?
The only thing that would change would probably be that Freeza would be more intact when being repaired into a cyborg.

peterx
Beyond Newbie

Post by peterx » Sat May 12, 2018 9:08 pm

What if Buu just absorbed every single living being in the multiverse, including Zeno's, Angels, Gods, etc. Is there any limit to his absorbing capability, would he became so powerful that the Multiverse just cease to exist from that much of a power concentrated into a single being at that specific space-time?

R. Daneel Olivaw
Not-So-Newbie

Post by R. Daneel Olivaw » Sun May 13, 2018 8:34 pm

peterx wrote:What if Buu just absorbed every single living being in the multiverse, including Zeno's, Angels, Gods, etc. Is there any limit to his absorbing capability, would he became so powerful that the Multiverse just cease to exist from that much of a power concentrated into a single being at that specific space-time?
His reign of terror would be stopped by Tori-Bot. Or maybe he'd forget to go to all the alternate timelines (for example, the timeline in which someone from Universe 12 went back in a time machine.) If he absorbed truly everyone, I think his personality would probably even out to just being an average person. Do you think he would get lonely? I remember Piccolo telling him if you kill us you'll have no one to talk to and go insane when they were in the RoSaT.

R. Daneel Olivaw
Not-So-Newbie

Post by R. Daneel Olivaw » Sun May 13, 2018 8:51 pm

What if Bardock was a brilliant scientist? And, by extension, an average fighter. I imagine he'd still go to Kanassa (using the Bardock from the special) but not to exterminate the Kanassans, he would be preparing whatever science-y installments after they had been wiped out. However, one still survives and curses him with the future sight. Instead of confronting Freeza in a fight he'd try to build some ultimate weapon to take him down, but it would fail just the same and Freeza would blow up planet Vegeta. Goku would have a lot more natural intelligence, although that will hardly matter because he still hits his head and ends up being pretty dim-witted. Raditz would be a lot weaker but a good deal smarter.

And, what if the Ginyu Force landed on Yardrat? Do you think there's any conceivable scenario where the Yardrats actually manage to defend themselves? I imagine Burter and Jeice doing a combo attack to kill a crowd of Yardrats, but they Instant Transmission away and Burter and Jeice end up killing each other. One of the Yardrats takes the pod control remote from their bodies, and uses the attack ball to fly into Recoome, putting massive hole in his chest. Ginyu notices the Isntant Transmission is a very useful technique and does his Body Change on a Yardrat to steal it. However, when he tries using the technique, he finds he can't because he never actually learned it. The Yardrat, now in Ginyu's body, kills him easily. (Maybe he wouldn't be so quick to destroy his own body, so instead of that, a bunch of Yardrats team up to kill Ginyu before he can change back.) Guldo, being a coward, surrenders. He learns the Instant Transmission and, combining it with his Time Stop and other powers, becomes the defender against evil or something.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:39 pm

What if instead of just becoming a ssj on namek goku instead reached ssj4.

R. Daneel Olivaw
Not-So-Newbie

Post by R. Daneel Olivaw » Tue May 15, 2018 10:24 pm

I was going to edit my post to add this, but it won't let me for some reason, so I guess I'll make a new one.

What if Cell accepted being knocked out of the ring by Goku in the Cell Games, and just left Earth forever? I think this might lead to Goku recruiting him over Freeza in the Tournament of Fighter, because he would remember Cell as a more honest person who respects the established rules in a fight. He'd use Instant Transmission to find wherever Cell is in space, ask him if he wants to join the Tournament, and tells him to not get knocked out of the ring this time. But how would it change things from the Cell-Buu arcs and onward?

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Tue May 15, 2018 11:11 pm

R. Daneel Olivaw wrote:What if Cell accepted being knocked out of the ring by Goku in the Cell Games, and just left Earth forever? I think this might lead to Goku recruiting him over Freeza in the Tournament of Fighter, because he would remember Cell as a more honest person who respects the established rules in a fight. He'd use Instant Transmission to find wherever Cell is in space, ask him if he wants to join the Tournament, and tells him to not get knocked out of the ring this time. But how would it change things from the Cell-Buu arcs and onward?
Goku wouldn't die and would be limited to Earth training for the next seven years, meaning he probably wouldn't unlock Super Saiyan 3 and wouldn't know about Fusion... Let's hope they don't release Boo this time!

R. Daneel Olivaw
Not-So-Newbie

Post by R. Daneel Olivaw » Wed May 16, 2018 1:50 pm

Analytic wrote:Goku wouldn't die and would be limited to Earth training for the next seven years, meaning he probably wouldn't unlock Super Saiyan 3 and wouldn't know about Fusion... Let's hope they don't release Boo this time!
Yeah, they probably wouldn't release Boo because Vegeta wouldn't be tempted to go Majin, since he would not fall behind Goku (or at least not nearly as much)

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri May 25, 2018 10:32 am

What if Super actually took place after the end of Z?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri May 25, 2018 5:20 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Super actually took place after the end of Z?
Super happens but with an older cast, nothing much would actually change except uub replacing a Z fighter in TOP
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri May 25, 2018 7:15 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:What if instead of just becoming a ssj on namek goku instead reached ssj4.
Frieza and everything until Buuhan dies in single punch.
Actually, if he already had SSJ4 he wouldn't have to hide it from Vegeta meaning he would simply beat Majin Vegeta and probably never allow Buu to be released.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat May 26, 2018 2:51 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:What if instead of just becoming a ssj on namek goku instead reached ssj4.
Frieza and everything until Buuhan dies in single punch.
Actually, if he already had SSJ4 he wouldn't have to hide it from Vegeta meaning he would simply beat Majin Vegeta and probably never allow Buu to be released.
I actually have ssj4 Goku ginyu arc around ssj Goku android arc personally.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed May 30, 2018 1:38 pm

What if Perfected Super Saiyan Blue had been the form Goku would have learned in his preparation for the Tournament of Destroyers in the Anime and Super Saiyan Blue Evolution had been the form Goku would have been working on instead of Perfected Super Saiyan Blue in the Manga’s Future Trunks Saga?