The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gog
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Gog » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:00 am

What if Freeza was sent to Earth as a baby and hit his head?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:49 pm

Gog wrote:What if Freeza was sent to Earth as a baby and hit his head?
He really overpowered and if he actually trained with roshi and the others. Frieza would be Beerus Level by the time of saiyan saga.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:16 pm

Gog wrote:What if Freeza was sent to Earth as a baby and hit his head?
Freeza's too evil to become good with a simple head injury.
Here's what happens: He charms his way into a rich family then secretly murders them all after they give him a small loan of a million dollars. Then he runs for King of Earth (which I think is a democratically elected position) and preaches the politics of fear against anthropomorphic animals and other such minorities, while promising to "Make Dragon World Great Again!"
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:07 am

What-If Gt worlds, movies characters, and non-canon anime characters existed in super now? Would goku actually search for these guys for the multi-universal tournament? Or be lazy and use only the people he knows on earth?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:36 am

Berserker1921 wrote:What-If Gt worlds, movies characters, and non-canon anime characters existed in super now? Would goku actually search for these guys for the multi-universal tournament? Or be lazy and use only the people he knows on earth?
It depends, does Goku know about all of these powerful fighters? And even if he did know about them I seriously doubt he would recruit villains.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:37 pm

What if Dragon Ball Z ended with a match with Pan and Bra fighting each other with homages to the most iconic fights in the series, and Goku and Vegeta passing the torch to them, and then that gets followed up by an anime focusing on them?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:59 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Dragon Ball Z ended with a match with Pan and Bra fighting each other with homages to the most iconic fights in the series, and Goku and Vegeta passing the torch to them, and then that gets followed up by an anime focusing on them?
I think that would have been a good ending. Honestly would have loved to see goku and vegeta get old. Be part their primes and fight each other one last time.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:42 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Dragon Ball Z ended with a match with Pan and Bra fighting each other with homages to the most iconic fights in the series, and Goku and Vegeta passing the torch to them, and then that gets followed up by an anime focusing on them?
I would have quit on the 2nd last episode
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Mattdos

Post by Mattdos » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:35 pm

More Hyperbolic Time Chamber What-If
What if Tien joined Goku when he trained to defeat Cell in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?
also what if Piccolo and Tien took the last couple days left in the chamber and trained? Would they be anymore help against Cell?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:54 am

Mattdos wrote:More Hyperbolic Time Chamber What-If
What if Tien joined Goku when he trained to defeat Cell in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?
also what if Piccolo and Tien took the last couple days left in the chamber and trained? Would they be anymore help against Cell?

Tien would become more powerful. Maybe 10% final form Frieza. And piccolo and tien would be a little bit more useful. Especially during the beam clash. Tien might be able to get cell of guard with his tri-beam

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:58 am

What if Toppo was the fifth hero of U7 during the tournament? How would that have turned out for the arc?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:05 pm

What if Vegeta decided to head back to Earth instead going to Namek?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

YajirobiTheGreat
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YajirobiTheGreat » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:02 pm

YajirobiTheGreat wrote:
What if Chi-Chi was dropped off at Roshi's when Goku and Krillin were?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:41 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:What if Vegeta decided to head back to Earth instead going to Namek?
Well, without his tail Vegeta can't become Oozaru, but he became stronger due recovering his injuries and I don't know if Goku also became stronger after recovering from the battle, my bet is that Vegeta would lose again but would be another hard match.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:48 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:What if Vegeta decided to head back to Earth instead going to Namek?
He'd arrive long before Goku received his senzu bean, and with both Kuririn and Gohan in space, the Earth's only line of defense would be Yajirobe.

So with that in mind Vegeta can basically do whatever he wants. But with his current character progression in mind, would he really be satisfied just blowing a helpless Kakarot into smithereens from his hospital bed? Hard to decide, Vegeta certainly wasn't very honorable, but it's also true that he might want to settle the score with Goku.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:11 am

nickzambuto wrote:
He'd arrive long before Goku received his senzu bean, and with both Kuririn and Gohan in space, the Earth's only line of defense would be Yajirobe.

So with that in mind Vegeta can basically do whatever he wants. But with his current character progression in mind, would he really be satisfied just blowing a helpless Kakarot into smithereens from his hospital bed? Hard to decide, Vegeta certainly wasn't very honorable, but it's also true that he might want to settle the score with Goku.
I actually believe it would take Vegeta too long to get to Earth, Goku would be ready for him when he got there.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:17 pm

If Goku and Vegeta fight on Earth again, Gohan and Kuririn would be dead on Namek. It is possible that Vegeta and Goku would go to Namek together since Vegeta would need Goku's help to defeat Freeza. Goku may have gone SSj seeing his son and his best friend dead.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:13 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:

I actually believe it would take Vegeta too long to get to Earth, Goku would be ready for him when he got there.
So after the battle ended, it took 10 days for Bulma to repair the spaceship, right? And I guess a day in between Vegeta leaving and finding the spaceship? When did Vegeta arrive on Freeza Planet 79 (I can't fucking believe I know which number planet he landed on off the top of my head. I feel like a horrible nerd)? We need to figure out the distance and how much time it would take to deduce the outcome of this scenario.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:07 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
nickzambuto wrote: He'd arrive long before Goku received his senzu bean, and with both Kuririn and Gohan in space, the Earth's only line of defense would be Yajirobe.

So after the battle ended, it took 10 days for Bulma to repair the spaceship, right? And I guess a day in between Vegeta leaving and finding the spaceship? When did Vegeta arrive on Freeza Planet 79 (I can't fucking believe I know which number planet he landed on off the top of my head. I feel like a horrible nerd)? We need to figure out the distance and how much time it would take to deduce the outcome of this scenario.
It took Vegeta about a day to heal and reach Namek I believe, I thought it said the trip was 18 days from Earth. Either way Goku recoved in a little over 30 days I belive.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:17 am

What if Yajirobe wasn't a lazy bitch?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.