The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:40 am

Berserker1921 wrote:What if Goku and Vegeta fused during the ToP, against Jiren? Would they have won? Keep in mind this scenerio neither goku, Vegeta, or Vegito can do UI or turn ssjblue 2. Can he win?

What if goku some how achieved UI (not mastered) against Beerus, after losing his God form? Would he have done better against the god?

Vegito Blue I could see beating Full Power Jiren with Kaioken x5-x10. Limit Broken Jiren would probably require Kaioken x20 imo.

I think he would have caught Beerus off guard with it and pummeled him until Beerus uses more power, but Goku just isn't strong enough to beat him at this time. However, if Whis's training could allow Goku to channel it at will, Golden Freeza, Hit, and Goku Black are fodder. Merged Zamasu probably wouldn't happen and they find a way to trap Future Zamasu somewhere he can do no harm.

What if they were somehow able to revive Goku Black (as of Episode 64, after he gets the Scythe) and persuade him to participate in the TOP, in place of Tien? However, Goku Black and Vegeta both go in the ROSAT for the 48 hours (?) before the TOP to both get far stronger. How would he do in the TOP? Would his massive power gains and Scythe abilities allow him to contend with Jiren, or would get UIO at some point?

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:36 am

Two Universe Survival Arc What Ifs:

1). What if Goku Black and Zamasu didn't get erased by Zeno and then later on competed in the Tournament of Power? (Sorry Champa The Destroyer)

2). What if Gohan and Piccolo achieved Ultra Instinct "Omen" against the Universe 6 Namekians?
Caulifla best girl! :)

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:36 pm

Here’s several

1). What if Chi-Chi & Bulma were also Saiyans sent to earth (but around the Age they were officially Born in) and Chi-Chi was way more involved in Kid Goku’s Adventures?

2). What would happen if Gero & Myuu also creates Hell Fighter 18 so that they could make Super Android 18?

3). What if Future Zamasu Took the Body of Future Bulma (after Black “Killed” her) and Upgraded it to a more Divine Powerful Youthful Body for himself?

4). What if it was the Namekian DragonBalls that resulted in Shadow Dragons?

5). What if Goku & Vegeta swapped bodies with their wives (after the U6 vs U7 tournament)?

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:40 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Two Universe Survival Arc What Ifs:

1). What if Goku Black and Zamasu didn't get erased by Zeno and then later on competed in the Tournament of Power? (Sorry Champa The Destroyer)

2). What if Gohan and Piccolo achieved Ultra Instinct "Omen" against the Universe 6 Namekians?

1. It's fine :) And would they compete for Universe 10? If so, they would be the only real threats in their universe, and with Goku Black's massive power gains and Zamasu's immortality, they could be a real threat to Goku and Vegeta, or the Pride Troopers, barring Jiren. One thing that could also make Goku Black even stronger is that he would most likely blame mortals for this. If he got so strong from the Scythe from just being angry at Vegeta, imagine how strong he would be finding out that Mortals caused this?

I believe him and Zamasu will last until the very end. He would probably realize that Jiren would need to be taken down with teamwork, but to take away the numbers advantage of Universe 7, they would take out 17 and Freeza. Now the last remaining competitors are Jiren, Goku, Vegeta, Goku Black, and Zamasu. Jiren would still stomp all 4 of them effortlessly, with Goku Black, rapidly becoming stronger as he is getting pummeled. I could see him at the end of the TOP approaching or even surpassing SSBE Vegeta.

Once we get to the point where UIO Goku is reflecting the flurry of punches from Jiren, Zamasu realizes that if Goku keeps getting stronger, then Universe 10 will have no hope of winning, so while Goku is distracted, Zamasu blasts the rock under Goku, knocking him out of the TOP. Jiren is still dominating Zamasu and Black, and in a last ditch effort, they fuse into Merged Zamasu. Since Goku Black's strength has multiplied far more than even Goku or Vegeta's, Merged Zamasu is just as strong, if not stronger than MUI Goku, and without the stamina problems, Jiren is defeated and Universe 10 wins. Since Goku Black and Zamasu are evil, they would make a selfish wish, causing Zeno to destroy all Universes.

I'm not sure about the second one, it's been a while since I've seen the TOP so I'll let someone else answer the second one.

This is weirdest what if I've ever made: What if Goku Black somehow managed to use all the power of Infinite Zamasu (the anime version) in his own body, without fusing, but he got punched in the head so hard that he had a complete change of heart like Baby Goku did? How would this affect future events, mainly the TOP?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:17 pm

If Goku Black was in the top the first Goku and Jiren fight never happens. Jiren would defeat Goku Black instead and then hit to show off his power.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:35 am

What if Chi-Chi became a Z Fighter after the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai?
Caulifla best girl! :)

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:48 am

ZeroDio wrote: 2). What would happen if Gero & Myuu also creates Hell Fighter 18 so that they could make Super Android 18?
2). If Super 17 and Super 18 worked together they would probably be unbeatable at that point.
But we have to remember, that according to Gero, 17 was meant to be ultimate android stronger than Cell. So if it stayed this way (without adding 18 to it) then Super 18 wouldn't be that strong since HF17 was meant to awake all the hidden power in 17. If 18 didn't have it, then Super 18 wouldn't be that powerful.

4). Those balls are much bigger so it would take more time to fill them with negative energy, but those dragons would be even stronger than original ones.
Although they would appear on Namek, not Earth, but Namekians wouldn't have ANY chance against them so they would start destroying rest of universe until Goku and others would meet them. Would Universal Spirit Bomb be enough to kill Omega Shenron from Namek? Who knows.
Image Shadow Dragons made from Super Dragon Balls. RIP everything.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:00 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Chi-Chi became a Z Fighter after the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai?
She would be less annoying :mrgreen:

I got a what if in mind that can be a good what if but here is the thing I want to make this thread more playful so I'll explain a bit of the backstory of this what if.

Here is the what if, what if Piccolo Daimao won against Mutaito ?

This what if result in Piccolo Daimao conquering earth and becoming the King of earth then one day the Red Ribbon army would be created as a resistence (Imagine something akin to the Rebellion in Star Wars) against this demonic King.

Now here is the tricky part you have two side Piccolo Daimao runing earth with his mighty strenght and in another side the Red Ribbon army who fight this demon.

The tricky part is a Saiyan fall from space during a battle between the demon army and the red ribbon army it's full moon and both side saw the potential of Kakorotto (not named yet Goku) to win the war who succeed to seize Goku for their war and who win this war ? (Let's say that Kakorotto is somehow being knocked down for plot purpose)

In Piccolo side you will have the Crane school with Tenshinhan and Chaozu along with Tao Pai Pai, Shu, Mai and Pilaf being servent to Piccolo and on the other side you have the Turtle school (Gohan would be the teacher) who work with the Red Ribbon Army with Yamcha and Kuririn being soldier in this army also Yajirobe and Chichi and Guymao. So they work also with Gero who will be in the good side this time. So in this timeline Cell and the Cyborg could potentially be Good guys who works against evil.

So now imagine/explain from your point of view at least what could happen up until the point where Raditz shows up :thumbup:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:59 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:
Gohan123 wrote:What if Goku lose everyone he care during Namek Saga? He can't use Dragon Ball because Piccolo died and Chi Chi divorced him. How would be his personality?
Chichi would never divorce Goku. She's head over heels for him, and literally nothing would be bad enough to result in a divorce, short of Goku deliberately harming Gohan or her. This what-if is utterly unrealistic.
What do you mean?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:34 pm

What if Fu took the place of Freeza in the TOP?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:24 pm

What if instead of Frieza GT Goku was the 10th fighter.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:40 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:What if instead of Frieza GT Goku was the 10th fighter.
Then U7 may have lost. Golden Freeza is stronger than SSJ4 GT Goku, and GT Goku cannot keep SSJ4 up for long while he is fighting opponents much stronger or in possession of better abilities than him. IIRC, Rage Shenron knocked the SSJ4 out of Goku just from sending his kamehameha back at him; that kind of liability would be most detrimental in the ToP.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:27 am

What-if the new Broly (from newest DBS Movie) awoke or reappeared during the BoG to the ToP arc? How would things change? Also let's say he isn't MUI strong.

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Sailor Haumea » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:28 am

jeffbr92 wrote:
Sailor Haumea wrote:
Gohan123 wrote:What if Goku lose everyone he care during Namek Saga? He can't use Dragon Ball because Piccolo died and Chi Chi divorced him. How would be his personality?
Chichi would never divorce Goku. She's head over heels for him, and literally nothing would be bad enough to result in a divorce, short of Goku deliberately harming Gohan or her. This what-if is utterly unrealistic.
What do you mean?
It's self-explanatory. She spent years chasing him.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:31 am

Berserker1921 wrote:What-if the new Broly (from newest DBS Movie) awoke or reappeared during the BoG to the ToP arc? How would things change? Also let's say he isn't MUI strong.
I'll be back after the movie comes out.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:58 am

theherodjl wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:What if instead of Frieza GT Goku was the 10th fighter.
Then U7 may have lost. Golden Freeza is stronger than SSJ4 GT Goku, and GT Goku cannot keep SSJ4 up for long while he is fighting opponents much stronger or in possession of better abilities than him. IIRC, Rage Shenron knocked the SSJ4 out of Goku just from sending his kamehameha back at him; that kind of liability would be most detrimental in the ToP.
What if before the Tournament of Power began in this scenario, Little Goku (GT), Pan, and Bra had been taken for 9 years and 2 months in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to be better conditioned for the Universe 7 Team by both Goku and Whis? With the Angel Attendant having been the one to have done some major upgrades to the Room of Spirit and Time before going in to train Goku from Dragon Ball GT, Goku from Dragon Ball Super, Pan from Dragon Ball Super, and Bra from Dragon Ball Super? As in an unexpected turn of events, Uncle Krillin, Tien Shinhan, and Fourth Form Frieza (Angel) wouldn’t have wanted to participate in the Tournament of Power this time.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:13 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
ZeroDio wrote: 2). What would happen if Gero & Myuu also creates Hell Fighter 18 so that they could make Super Android 18?
2). If Super 17 and Super 18 worked together they would probably be unbeatable at that point.
But we have to remember, that according to Gero, 17 was meant to be ultimate android stronger than Cell. So if it stayed this way (without adding 18 to it) then Super 18 wouldn't be that strong since HF17 was meant to awake all the hidden power in 17. If 18 didn't have it, then Super 18 wouldn't be that powerful.

4). Those balls are much bigger so it would take more time to fill them with negative energy, but those dragons would be even stronger than original ones.
Although they would appear on Namek, not Earth, but Namekians wouldn't have ANY chance against them so they would start destroying rest of universe until Goku and others would meet them. Would Universal Spirit Bomb be enough to kill Omega Shenron from Namek? Who knows.
Image Shadow Dragons made from Super Dragon Balls. RIP everything.
Black Star Dragon Ball Saga) What if in the time it had taken to prepare the Grand Tour Spaceship, Little Goku (GT) had GT Trunks and GT Pan accompany him to go train together in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber for an equivalent of four years in the Room of Spirit and Time? After Dende (GT) had taken a page off of his alternate counterpart from some strange realm and decided to heavily upgrade the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

Baby Saga) What if Mr. Piccolo from Dragon Ball GT’s Special Beam Cannon hadn’t missed it’s mark on Super Saiyan Baby Gohan and had blown straight through his former Pupil’s Adam’s Apple? Would this have made a notable difference in the encounter with Mr. Piccolo and Super Saiyan Baby Gohan?

Super 17 Saga) What if immediately upon being born and before having fought anyone of the GT Warriors present before him, Super 17 (Base Form) had used his Hell Lightning Cutter on Trunks (GT) and cut up the son of Vegeta (GT) just like a certain Super Saiyan had done to Mecha Frieza right before Vegeta (GT)’s eyes? With Super 17 (Base Form) then going at his absolute fullest-power after Goten (GT) to kill the second son of Goku by simply kicking Goten (GT) in half in reference to what the first Super Saiyan Two had done to a Cell Junior?

Shadow Dragons Saga) What if in this scenario, Black Smoke Shenron had came to the decision to have Goku (GT) return to his physical prime, and have Pan (GT)’s irises change to become the same shade of blue as her mother’s, then turn the rest of the Earth’s citizens into a bunch of four-year-old children, all before going to give birth to the evil Shadow Dragons?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:10 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: What if SSJ2 Gohan had one of his famous Rage Boosts from seeing Videl get beaten by Majin Spopovitch and completely lost his own mind, as he would then have took it upon himself to have stepped in and save his love-interest from her brutal attacker before focusing all of his regained power and then some on Majin Spopovitch, in a very similar manner to like what he had done to Full Power Bojack in Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound? With everyone else being too scared to interfere?
I'm not sure why you are revisiting this same scene numerous times. Gohan just needed to be frozen for a second for Yamu and Spopovich to take his energy. Shin can do this and hold him for 1 second. In the Bojack movie, SSJ2 Teen Gohan was much more powerful than the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai version. He was so strong that the energy bonds couldn't hold him and he could just walk through. If Gohan somehow were to tap into this power, then Shin wouldn't be able to hold him. Then Gohan may just kill Spopovich with one punch.
[spoiler]What if before the Tournament of Power began in this scenario, Gohan, Mr. Piccolo, Pan, and Bra had been taken for 9 years and 2 months in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to be better conditioned for the Universe 7 Team by both Mr. Son Goku and Whis? With the Angelic Attendant having been the one to have done some major upgrades to the Room of Spirit and Time before going in to train Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, Pan, and Bra? As in an unexpected turn of events, both Krillin and Tien Shinhan wouldn’t have wanted to participate in the Tournament of Power this time out of being far too busy.[/spoiler]

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:16 pm

What if they stopped obsessing over Broly and constantly referencing him and bringing him back?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:27 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:What if they stopped obsessing over Broly and constantly referencing him and bringing him back?
They'd loose a ton of money to start. Hell the second they put SS3 Broly in games few years back they instantly became a must have for a lot of people. His cards and other merch are also some of the most wanted. Hell his cards in heroes are some of the most powerful. But you see the pattern, its not them obsessing over him, its us. The fans want the big green goof ball and they'd be fools not to use that.

Interestingly nothing much changes if you make broly go away, two less films and one less character in every game. Also no Kale, which would be the real big change that mattered. Yes he tends to get his own story mode now an again but they tend to be short. Maybe this film would be a bite better received by some if Broly had been just a one shot but then he would likely not been brought back at all.