The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:17 pm

What if Vegeta got turned into a kid instead and go into space with Bra and Goten?
Would they ever return to Earth considering Bra can't fight and Goten is dumb and also weaker than Trunks?
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:07 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:What if Vegeta got turned into a kid instead and go into space with Bra and Goten?
Would they ever return to Earth considering Bra can't fight and Goten is dumb and also weaker than Trunks?
Goten isn't dumb he's naive

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:12 pm

Ssjcell wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:What if Vegeta got turned into a kid instead and go into space with Bra and Goten?
Goten isn't dumb he's naive
Compared to Trunks he is kinda dumb and lacks needed knowledge. I don't think Goten would be able to repair anything or even steer their spaceship.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:09 pm

What if two characters used Hakai against each other?
Would the two Hakais cancel out? Would they reinforce each other and destroy everything within a certain area of effect? Would you get a "beam clash" of Hakais where the strongest user eventually wins (what would that clash even look like)? Would the two Hakais bypass each other and just destroy as usual?
Ignore the anime-only "Hakai energy" spheres in this scenario.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:22 pm

For those who missed my latest what if question, which is pretty much everyone, I'll put it here, although I'm going to extend it a little.
What if Bra replaced Trunks as Vegeta and Bulma's first born child? Would we get Future Bra?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:25 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:For those who missed my latest what if question, which is pretty much everyone, I'll put it here, although I'm going to extend it a little.
What if Bra replaced Trunks as Vegeta and Bulma's first born child? Would we get Future Bra?
If this very hypothetical incarnation of the only daughter of Lady Bulma and the absolute asshole known as Vegeta is just like her original Dragon Ball Z counterpart from the Manga and Anime and thus also just like her Dragon Ball GT counterpart in both the Present Timeline and Future Timeline of this very particular scenario, then unless Son Goku and all the other Z Fighters are able to stop Vegeta and Son Gohan from doing anything and anyone stupid from between the Androids Saga and Majin Buu Saga, Mr. King Kai is going to have to get into contact with Mr. Grand Elder Moori on New Planet Namek to gather the Namekian Dragon Balls as quickly as possible, especially if since any incarnation of the Bio-Android known as Super Perfect Cell or the beyond ancient evil known as Super Buu had been the one to have destroyed the planet Earth as a whole and was rampaging across the Seventh Universe, and restore all of the senseless carnage done to Earth and rest of the Universe as a result of Ascended Super Saiyan Vegeta, Full Power Super Saiyan Majin Vegeta, or at the least Super Saiyan Two Majin Vegeta’s apparent love in completely and utterly showing off his absolutely absurd level of dickishness to everything and everyone around him as well as Full Power Super Saiyan, Super Saiyan 2, or at the least Elder Supreme Kai’s Unlock Ability Son Gohan’s seemingly hybrid mentality of Vegeta’s and Yamcha’s respective personalities. While an alternative scenario would have been having Future Bulma and Future Bra themselves being the only surviving members of the main cast of the Dragon Ball Z series and going into the past in the Time Machine to give Son Goku his Vaccine for his Viral Heart Disease and for Future Bra to actually man herself up by training under Son Goku, Son Gohan, and even a very surprised Mr. Piccolo in order to even surpass her very own father’s Super Saiyan powers so as to eventually take a bit of revenge on Dr. Gero and his equally infernal creations.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:32 pm

What if Krillin pushed the button on Android 18 and either Vegeta or Trunks kills off Semi-Perfect Cell? How would the story change from then on?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:02 am

Goku would be alive during the seven-year gap and would probably never learn how to use SSj3. Him being dead allowed him to learn how to use in Other World since his living body probably could not handle it. We would likely never have Vegeta fall under Babidi's spell since I would imagine the order that they fight inside of Babidi's spaceship would be different. Goku would probably feel like he would not want Gohan to fight Dabra since he would never reach SSj2 if Vegeta killed off Semi-Perfect Cell knowing that he can't win. If Dabra is killed off, Buu would never be hatched out of his sell and things would go on normally.

In Super, Beerus may end up destroying the Earth since he wasted his time looking for the SSj God for nothing or just leaves the Earth in peace. There would probably be no Golden Freeza if Buu was never awaken given how Goku defeating Buu made Freeza want to train to become stronger.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:15 pm

What if Kid Buu/Pure Buu absorbed Mr.Buu? Would he turn back into the original Super Buu we saw, or would he turn into a different version of Super Buu that befits the purified Kid Buu rather than the weird representative entity born from the original Fat Buu's rage that is the Grey Buu?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:04 pm

What if Piccolo fused with Dende during the Buu saga? Would Piccolo able to put up a fight against Majin Buu?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:56 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:What if Piccolo fused with Dende during the Buu saga? Would Piccolo able to put up a fight against Majin Buu?
1) Then the Earth’s only known set of Dragon Balls would cease to exist.

2) I think Mr. Piccolo from the Majin Buu Saga as a whole might have become just slightly stronger than Full Power Super Saiyan Son Goku from the Cell Games Saga and especially those damn Cell Juniors also from the Cell Games Saga, but if the powerful Super Namekian would have done Namekian Fusion with Dende, then Mr. Piccolo would have been just a bit stronger than Super Saiyan 2 Son Goku from the Majin Buu Saga by enough of a percentage, the son of Katas would have an actual chance of winning against the so-called Innocent Buu, however, this will only be so if Mr. Piccolo goes at his full strength right from the actual start and is able to defeat the ancient monster before the latter would be able to expel Pure Evil Buu, as the Mafūba would be the last resort if both Buus split.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:02 pm

What if Broly (the new version) was on the Universe 7 team in the TOP (instead of Tenshinhan, Roshi, or Krillin, for example)?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:10 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:What if Broly (the new version) was on the Universe 7 team in the TOP (instead of Tenshinhan, Roshi, or Krillin, for example)?

Just imagine Broly vs Jiren as the final battle when Goku was hanging in the ropes already.
Broly ending up as the big saviour and wishing all the Universes back ... 8)

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:20 pm

What if Vegeta died at the end of the Saiyan arc? How would you think that would affect the rest of the story?

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:24 pm

What if at some point a demonic animated version of Toriyama would show up, claiming it has finally been enough and he wants to end the Dragonworld forever?
Zeno watches helplessly as this happens, fearing instant erasure, while only one man, maybe two or even three if you include Broly, have the courage to stand up and negotiate to save it all.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:45 pm

Mister_Popo wrote:What if at some point a demonic animated version of Toriyama would show up, claiming it has finally been enough and he wants to end the Dragonworld forever?
Zeno watches helplessly as this happens, fearing erasure, and only one man, maybe two or even three if you include Broly, have the courage to stand up and negotiate to save it all.
His editors would defeat him in an epic battle.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:14 pm

Okay, so I'm about to go into some spoiler territory here, so if you, person reading this, haven't read the summary of the Broly movie, don't read the question. You gone? Good. Now, here we go...
Caulifla best girl! :)

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:51 am

What if ... Ginyu succeed to fool Black Goku and stole his body in the Future Trunks timeline :P
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

RecolorSaiyan
Regular

Post by RecolorSaiyan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:00 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Okay, so I'm about to go into some spoiler territory here, so if you, person reading this, haven't read the summary of the Broly movie, don't read the question. You gone? Good. Now, here we go...

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:13 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:Okay, so I'm about to go into some spoiler territory here, so if you, person reading this, haven't read the summary of the Broly movie, don't read the question. You gone? Good. Now, here we go...
I suppose kefla might be able to do something vs frieza but probably not broly