The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:01 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:What if Cell survived, trained for 7 years, and fought Majin Buu?
He would effortlessly erase Buu. If he survived Gohan's Kamehameha, he'd get yet another Zenkai which would make him stronger than Majin Vegeta at least, after 7 years of training he'd surpass even Super Buu since he has cells from both Goku and Frieza.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:29 pm

What if?

Goku and Nappa fell in love with each over?

What if?

Gohan and Super Buu fell in love?

What if?

Vegetto actually is permanent?

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:12 pm

What if the EX-Fusion/Metamo Ring (the fusion method in Dragon Ball Fusions) was invented during the span of DBZ? How would events occur according to it's introduction?

Saiyan Saga
Namek Saga
Android Saga
Majin Saga

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:24 pm

If Piccolo beat Freeza, what would happen next? I imagine Vegeta would bite the dust since Piccolo seemed pretty intent on killing him but maybe Krillin and Gohan could reason with Piccolo to let him live. What really interests me is how the Android arc would go with no Trunks in this scenario, would Future Gohan be the one to attain SS and then travel back in time to stop this threat?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:08 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:If Piccolo beat Freeza, what would happen next? I imagine Vegeta would bite the dust since Piccolo seemed pretty intent on killing him but maybe Krillin and Gohan could reason with Piccolo to let him live. What really interests me is how the Android arc would go with no Trunks in this scenario, would Future Gohan be the one to attain SS and then travel back in time to stop this threat?
I don't think Piccolo had enough of an advantage over Frieza to do this, but if he managed to do so Vegeta would certainly end up dead. Kuririn and Gohan may stick up for him, but it wouldn't be particularly enthusiastic since he's still evil and would have killed them if it wasn't for Frieza's timely arrival.

Future Gohan gets killed by the androids regardless, he gets beaten by 17 at less than half power at some point, then he trains until he eventually surpasses that level and challenges the androids once more and that's when he dies.

Bulma would have to go back to the past herself, but without someone like Trunks or Gohan around it's doubtful she'd be able to obtain the resources necessary to create the time machine and its fuel.

So basically without Vegeta the timeline is doomed unless Yajirobe can manage something since apparently he didn't die.
Last edited by TheUltimateNinja on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:09 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:If Piccolo beat Freeza, what would happen next? I imagine Vegeta would bite the dust since Piccolo seemed pretty intent on killing him but maybe Krillin and Gohan could reason with Piccolo to let him live. What really interests me is how the Android arc would go with no Trunks in this scenario, would Future Gohan be the one to attain SS and then travel back in time to stop this threat?
I don't think Piccolo had enough of an advantage over Frieza to do this, but if he managed to do so Vegeta would certainly end up dead. Kuririn and Gohan may stick up for him, but it wouldn't be particularly enthusiastic since he's still evil and would have killed them if it wasn't for Frieza's timely arrival.

Future Gohan gets killed by the androids regardless, he gets beaten by 17 at less than half power at some point, then he eventually trains until he surpasses that level and challenges the androids once more and that's when he dies.

Bulma would have to go back to the past herself, but without someone like Trunks or Gohan around it's doubtful she'd be able to obtain the resources necessary to create the time machine and its fuel.

So basically without Vegeta the timeline is doomed unless Yajirobe can manage something since apparently he didn't die.
You think Gohan would risk himself if he knew he was the only one who could help protect the planet? I don't know, I get the feeling that he'd be more cautious with no one left to save the planet if he died.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:12 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: You think Gohan would risk himself if he knew he was the only one who could help protect the planet? I don't know, I get the feeling that he'd be more cautious with no one left to save the planet if he died.
They weren't really doing much protecting, at best they distracted the androids for a while. And judging by Gohan's personality in the Trunks special he definitely doesn't seem cool headed enough to avoid jumping into battle when he senses the androids killing people, especially when he thinks he has the power to win.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:14 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: You think Gohan would risk himself if he knew he was the only one who could help protect the planet? I don't know, I get the feeling that he'd be more cautious with no one left to save the planet if he died.
They weren't really doing much protecting, at best they distracted the androids for a while. And judging by Gohan's personality in the Trunks special he definitely doesn't seem cool headed enough to avoid jumping into battle when he senses the androids killing people, especially when he thinks he has the power to win.
Still, there is the assumption of Trunks being the reason he's willing to take the risks he does as there's a backup available to take over for him. In this scenario he has no backup so he'd have to learn to keep his head down or all is lost.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:22 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Still, there is the assumption of Trunks being the reason he's willing to take the risks he does as there's a backup available to take over for him. In this scenario he has no backup so he'd have to learn to keep his head down or all is lost.
When he dies Trunks is so weak his SSJ is outclassed by a one armed Base Gohan, at that level he'd instantly get slaughtered by the androids, and he was still a teenager so with Gohan dead there was a good chance he'd fly into a rage and try to attack the androids and get himself killed. Which he almost does 3 years later when he thinks he has the power to beat the androids and goes after them, luckily escaping with his life somehow. I figure Gohan would make a similar emotional mistake, and as a result get killed since the androids wouldn't allow him to escape.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:27 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:When he dies Trunks is so weak his SSJ is outclassed by a one armed Base Gohan, at that level he'd instantly get slaughtered by the androids, and he was still a teenager so with Gohan dead there was a good chance he'd fly into a rage and try to attack the androids and get himself killed. Which he almost does 3 years later when he thinks he has the power to beat the androids and goes after them, luckily escaping with his life somehow. I figure Gohan would make a similar emotional mistake, and as a result get killed since the androids wouldn't allow him to escape.
Gohan was able to last for almost a decade by himself for the most part so he's not as hot tempered as you might think. Really, the thing that kills him is that he poorly judges the Androids true power in the manga while in the anime he judges it well, they just gang up on him.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:34 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:When he dies Trunks is so weak his SSJ is outclassed by a one armed Base Gohan, at that level he'd instantly get slaughtered by the androids, and he was still a teenager so with Gohan dead there was a good chance he'd fly into a rage and try to attack the androids and get himself killed. Which he almost does 3 years later when he thinks he has the power to beat the androids and goes after them, luckily escaping with his life somehow. I figure Gohan would make a similar emotional mistake, and as a result get killed since the androids wouldn't allow him to escape.
Gohan was able to last for almost a decade by himself for the most part so he's not as hot tempered as you might think. Really, the thing that kills him is that he poorly judges the Androids true power in the manga while in the anime he judges it well, they just gang up on him.
The thing that kept him alive for that decade was the knowledge that he was weaker than the androids. At some point he mistakenly comes to believe that he's stronger and that's what leads to him challenging them. The Trunks special suggests he does this twice in a row and that he lost his arm the first time he did it.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:37 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
The thing that kept him alive for that decade was the knowledge that he was weaker than the androids. At some point he mistakenly comes to believe that he's stronger and that's what leads to him challenging them. The Trunks special suggests he does this twice in a row and that he lost his arm the first time he did it.
It also has him state that Trunks is his last hope for saving the world in the future, giving him an excuse to try and go all out and maybe win that he doesn't have in this scenario. If he dies here, it's over, there are no two ways about it.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:56 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: Gohan was able to last for almost a decade by himself for the most part so he's not as hot tempered as you might think. Really, the thing that kills him is that he poorly judges the Androids true power in the manga while in the anime he judges it well, they just gang up on him.
It also has him state that Trunks is his last hope for saving the world in the future, giving him an excuse to try and go all out and maybe win that he doesn't have in this scenario. If he dies here, it's over, there are no two ways about it.
But Trunks probably wasn't even a Super Saiyan the first time Gohan confronted 17. And we don't know if Earth would even exist in this scenario since if King Cold knows Piccolo is from Earth, he'd just blow it up from space.

Rumanid

Post by Rumanid » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:55 pm

OK, so kinda implausible, but let's say the Androids capture teenage F!Trunks and get 19 (who presumably hasn't been activated) to turn him into an Android. That's the Android boost (plus zenkai), making him kinda like Goku Black (:lol:).

Assuming Trunks knows about the time machine, could he possibly be a further Terminator expy and actually try to kill everyone in the present?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:32 pm

Rumanid wrote:OK, so kinda implausible, but let's say the Androids capture teenage F!Trunks and get 19 (who presumably hasn't been activated) to turn him into an Android. That's the Android boost (plus zenkai), making him kinda like Goku Black (:lol:).

Assuming Trunks knows about the time machine, could he possibly be a further Terminator expy and actually try to kill everyone in the present?
Goku would stop him.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:45 pm

What if Zamasu swapped bodies with buu.

Edit: Maybe that was asked before so here's another one

What if the cast wished for immortality when berrus arrived
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SatsuiNoJXA

Post by SatsuiNoJXA » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:46 pm

What if Goku followed through with his threat and killed Kaioshin at the World Tournament??

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:38 am

SatsuiNoJXA wrote:What if Goku followed through with his threat and killed Kaioshin at the World Tournament??
They'd all get killed by Super Buu.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:10 am

What if Android 18 was involved in the Future Trunks Saga, as in go to the future and fought against Goku Black and Zamasu?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:58 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Android 18 was involved in the Future Trunks Saga, as in go to the future and fought against Goku Black and Zamasu?
She would be blown to bits, she's a fodder to the actual main cast.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?