The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:07 pm

What if Videl never quit fighting? Would she be apart of the Z Fighters?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:39 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Videl never quit fighting? Would she be apart of the Z Fighters?
1) She would have been trained by the likes of Goku and Piccolo following Kid Buu's defeat, and become the strongest or second strongest living female overall on the Planet Earth.

2) Absolutely, Videl would have completely replaced Gohan among the Z Warriors and dominated opponents even Krillin couldn't contend without help from the stronger Z Fighters.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:51 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:What if Goku accepted Mr. Satan's offer to join the tournament, and out of sheer luck, Mr. Satan ended up being the last one remaining on the Universe 7 team?
As long as Akira Toriyama and Toyotarō don't say anything otherwise, this could have actually happened to Mr. Satan, but we, the viewers, would have no freaking clue in hell if the Grand Priest and the Omni-Kings would keep the promises they made just before the Tournament of Power began in earnest.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:53 pm

What if Future Trunks had came back in the main timeline with the remote control to deactivate Android 17 and 18?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:12 pm

If they destroy #17 and #18 before Dr. Gero and #19 show up, Dr. Gero would be shock to see them destroyed. With the Dragon Balls still around, Dr. Gero could try to find the Dragon Balls to restore #17 and #18. Meanwhile Cell shows up and is angry that #17 & #18 are gone. He could end up try to blow up the Earth similar to what Semi Perfect Cell did in the Cell games because he can't reach his perfect form now. The Earth would be probably be destroyed and everyone dies.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:20 am

What if there was a fighter in the Tournament of Power who absorbed his opponents to gain their power and techniques after defeating them, like Buu. Would that be allowed?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:58 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:What if there was a fighter in the Tournament of Power who absorbed his opponents to gain their power and techniques after defeating them, like Buu. Would that be allowed?
Prob not. That would be considered killing. Or I imagine zeno would think it's entertaining and allow it. I am sure he would erase the beings that were absorbed depending on what universe is eliminated. Or maybe would force him to reject them once enough members were absorbed or taken out.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:06 am

Berserker1921 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:What if there was a fighter in the Tournament of Power who absorbed his opponents to gain their power and techniques after defeating them, like Buu. Would that be allowed?
Prob not. That would be considered killing. Or I imagine zeno would think it's entertaining and allow it. I am sure he would erase the beings that were absorbed depending on what universe is eliminated. Or maybe would force him to reject them once enough members were absorbed or taken out.
Then he might try to absorb 9 fighters from each universe and leave the 10th ones for last so he gets to keep their powers for the longest time.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:16 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:
Then he might try to absorb 9 fighters from each universe and leave the 10th ones for last so he gets to keep their powers for the longest time.
I assume that would work. Prob why buu isnr in the tournament

dragonballhero
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballhero » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:19 pm

What if Goten (under certain "procedures") became evil?

* - By "certain procedure", look at Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker for an example and what happened to Tim Drake (Robin) in the flashback scene of that movie and the results of that situation.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:19 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:If they destroy #17 and #18 before Dr. Gero and #19 show up, Dr. Gero would be shock to see them destroyed. With the Dragon Balls still around, Dr. Gero could try to find the Dragon Balls to restore #17 and #18. Meanwhile Cell shows up and is angry that #17 & #18 are gone. He could end up try to blow up the Earth similar to what Semi Perfect Cell did in the Cell games because he can't reach his perfect form now. The Earth would be probably be destroyed and everyone dies.
But, considering Future Trunks came back to the main timeline by the time the Z-Fighters were about to finish Dr. Gero, they tracked him to his secret lab where he activates the androids, but Trunks used the remote control to deactivate them. How would the series proceed after that?

And about Cell, how would he know that #17 & #18 are gone? Remember, he only found the androids because he sensed Piccolo and presumed he was with them.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:13 am

Noah wrote:And about Cell, how would he know that #17 & #18 are gone? Remember, he only found the androids because he sensed Piccolo and presumed he was with them.
Personally I think that he'd look for them at Dr. Gero's lab first. Deprived of them, he'll fall back on absorbing the human populace and the Z Warriors and give up on the whole Perfect Form thing. OR, he'll go back into hiding and wait for his Time Machine to recharge before taking it back even further to before they were destroyed (assuming he can get it back from Trunks).

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:06 pm

What-If

The z-fighters recruited Paikhann and Cell instead of Tien and Krillin? Would this better they're chances of succeeding in the ToP or would this lower there chances of winning.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:43 pm

Here's a GT one: What if Baby possessed Goku instead of Vegeta? Changing the course of the story enough to make it possible, of course.
As a side question, would the "fulfilment" of his grudge against the saiyans make more sense that way? I mean, it's him using the body of the strongest saiyan alive (ha, Veggie wouldn't be happy to hear that boast) to destroy the ruler and the rest of the species.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:09 pm

Alruneia wrote:Here's a GT one: What if Baby possessed Goku instead of Vegeta? Changing the course of the story enough to make it possible, of course.
As a side question, would the "fulfilment" of his grudge against the saiyans make more sense that way? I mean, it's him using the body of the strongest saiyan alive (ha, Veggie wouldn't be happy to hear that boast) to destroy the ruler and the rest of the species.
If Vegeta obtained ssj 4 and defeated Baby-Goku. He would be incredibly happy. Not only did he defeat Goku. But he also defeated a dangerous foe. Thus saving the world and such.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:01 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:What-If

The z-fighters recruited Paikhann and Cell instead of Tien and Krillin? Would this better they're chances of succeeding in the ToP or would this lower there chances of winning.
They are pretty strong, but... not as strong as the others (except for Roshi). So that would be kinda of a big help, but not a whole lot.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:09 am

What if Buu was the 10th fighter instead of Freeza? How different would the tournament have been so far?

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:39 pm

What if Goku Black went Super Saiyan Rosé Kaioken?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:14 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Goku Black went Super Saiyan Rosé Kaioken?
He would completely overwhelm Goku, Vegeta and Trunks even in their last meeting, but I'm sure he wouldn't keep for much time.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:41 am

What if one or more of the Hakaishin gave their team members destruction energy to use in the tournament, like Sidra gave that assassin? Would that be considered cheating? Would they be punished for it?