The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:37 am

Gog wrote:
Noah wrote:
Gog wrote:Yes. There is simply no other answer, yes Goku would have let Cell ascend to his Perfect Form. It would be out of character if he didn't
Wouldn't you think Goku would not fall so easily for that? I don't know I feel like he could and yet couldn't do :roll:
This is the Cell Saga Goku. He wants a good fight and Cell will offer that opportunity. It's not a matter if he could or could not. But a matter of he would do it.

Anyway;

What if?

Vegeta was a hermaphrodite?
What if Dragon Ball Super was a sequel to Dragon Ball GT?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:05 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Gog wrote:
Noah wrote:
Wouldn't you think Goku would not fall so easily for that? I don't know I feel like he could and yet couldn't do :roll:
This is the Cell Saga Goku. He wants a good fight and Cell will offer that opportunity. It's not a matter if he could or could not. But a matter of he would do it.

Anyway;

What if?

Vegeta was a hermaphrodite?
What if Dragon Ball Super was a sequel to Dragon Ball GT?
Well then SSB would replace SS4, I guess Goku would reference Omega Shenron a bit, and Freeza would be more wrathful in ROF

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Gog wrote:
Noah wrote:
Gog wrote:Yes. There is simply no other answer, yes Goku would have let Cell ascend to his Perfect Form. It would be out of character if he didn't
Not so sure, Goku said the only reason he needed Gohan was because Cell got so strong. Goku lets his foes power up but not to the level Vegeta allows them to.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:57 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Gog wrote:
Noah wrote:
Not so sure, Goku said the only reason he needed Gohan was because Cell got so strong. Goku lets his foes power up but not to the level Vegeta allows them to.
Then Goku would simply do it himself then. And besides the point how would Goku know that Cell would have powered up massively like that? What do you mean this is the same Goku who got direct proof from someone in the future that he would die to some androids, and was in fact given such an opportunity, but decided to turn it down so that he could face off against the androids.

He would allow Cell to acheive perfection.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:02 pm

Gog wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Gog wrote:
Then Goku would simply do it himself then. And besides the point how would Goku know that Cell would have powered up massively like that? What do you mean this is the same Goku who got direct proof from someone in the future that he would die to some androids, and was in fact given such an opportunity, but decided to turn it down so that he could face off against the androids.

Goku was told that his fiends without him would be surprised attacked in 3 years and killed by the Androids and as Vegeta said it was best to train because if they went looking for the Dragonballs they took a chance on being too weak to fight the Androids if they were ready.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:06 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Gog wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:

Goku was told that his fiends without him would be surprised attacked in 3 years and killed by the Androids and as Vegeta said it was best to train because if they went looking for the Dragonballs they took a chance on being too weak to fight the Androids if they were ready.
Then what makes Cell different? Heck the reason why Vegeta allowing Cell to go perfect would be the exact same reason Goku would allow Cell to go perfect, there's just no way Goku won't allow Cell to not acheive his perfect form that won't be out of character.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:50 am

Gog wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Gog wrote:

Then what makes Cell different? Heck the reason why Vegeta allowing Cell to go perfect would be the exact same reason Goku would allow Cell to go perfect, there's just no way Goku won't allow Cell to not acheive his perfect form that won't be out of character.
Cell is different because Goku wouldn't sacrifice 18 to let Cell get stronger. With Frieza Goku wanted to prove he was stronger and with Buu he underestimate and later wanted the boys to prove themselves, but with Cell an innocent person would be lost for him to power up.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:41 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Gog wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Cell is different because Goku wouldn't sacrifice 18 to let Cell get stronger. With Frieza Goku wanted to prove he was stronger and with Buu he underestimate and later wanted the boys to prove themselves, but with Cell an innocent person would be lost for him to power up.
Goku only knows that 18 is like her future counter part from the future, he isn't aware of the fact that she's different. Krillin could possibly change his mind but regardless if he lets Cell acheive perfection or if he doesn't Cell still has the Solar Flare.

YajirobiTheGreat
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YajirobiTheGreat » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Noah wrote:Probably asked to death in this thread:

Would Cell be able to convince Goku to let he achieve his Perfect Form as he did with Vegeta?
Nope. Goku has never directly sacrifice anyone, and couldn't possibly watch 18 struggle for her life terrified while Krillin frantically tries doing everything he can in vain to stop it.

More realistically FPSSJ punches Semi-Perfect Cell so hard he throws up 17. Cell in his first form gets his body broken to pieces with simple punches and kicks. Cell drops to his knees and begs for mercy, Goku hesitantly grants it, and Cell tries a surprise attack only to fail and get disintegrated.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:16 pm

What if?

The Farmer With A Shot Gun decided to take Raditz seriously?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:35 pm

Gog wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Gog wrote:

Goku only knows that 18 is like her future counter part from the future, he isn't aware of the fact that she's different. Krillin could possibly change his mind but regardless if he lets Cell acheive perfection or if he doesn't Cell still has the Solar Flare.
Goku wanted to spare Frieza after he killed Kuririn and he knew what was going on while he was sick so no he would protect 18.

YajirobiTheGreat
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YajirobiTheGreat » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:52 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Gog wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:

Goku wanted to spare Frieza after he killed Kuririn and he knew what was going on while he was sick so no he would protect 18.
He also spared the Ginyu Force, and tried to spare Nappa, Raditz, and Tao. For all the opponents he has faced, since fighting King Piccolo Goku has only killed Yakon (who technically killed himself and was barely intelligent), Kid Buu, and Frieza.

Contrary to what so many seem to believe, Goku is not some monster. He takes chances on people who aren't even capable of giving him good future fights (giving him nothing to gain and potentially something to lose) in situations where no ordinary person would. It's how we get half the cast. All someone has to do to avoid being killed by Goku is say sorry and he will let them pretty much automatically.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:17 pm

Gog wrote:What if?

1) The older brother of Goku would still kill him in an instant.

2) What if Future Goten and Future Bra had been born at the same time as Future Trunks in Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks' TV Special Timeline?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:55 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Gog wrote:What if?

1) The older brother of Goku would still kill him in an instant.

2) What if Future Goten and Future Bra had been born at the same time as Future Trunks in Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks' TV Special Timeline?
We would get an extra Saiyan. But Bra could potentially die.

What if?

Goku fell in love with Yamcha?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:02 pm

Gog wrote:Goku fell in love with Yamcha?
You really like these shipping what-ifs, don't you?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Gog wrote:Goku fell in love with Yamcha?
You really like these shipping what-ifs, don't you?
No I don't!

Anyway;

What if?

Vegeta and Nappa fell for each other?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:18 pm

YajirobiTheGreat wrote:
Noah wrote:Probably asked to death in this thread:

Would Cell be able to convince Goku to let he achieve his Perfect Form as he did with Vegeta?
Nope. Goku has never directly sacrifice anyone, and couldn't possibly watch 18 struggle for her life terrified while Krillin frantically tries doing everything he can in vain to stop it.

More realistically FPSSJ punches Semi-Perfect Cell so hard he throws up 17. Cell in his first form gets his body broken to pieces with simple punches and kicks. Cell drops to his knees and begs for mercy, Goku hesitantly grants it, and Cell tries a surprise attack only to fail and get disintegrated.
Thanks! I think the same, Goku has the pride of the strongest warrior race, but he's not like Vegeta for god's sake. I don't think he would risk Earth in that moment just for a good fight, but maybe if was Super!Goku... Sorry I couldn't resist
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:29 am

What if?

Goku Black didn't play around with Trunks?

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:49 am

What if burter was the actual fastest in the universe and was faster than Whis , but only had a powerlevel of 1( but can still fly and fly fast just fine).

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:40 am

Vegetes wrote:What if burter was the actual fastest in the universe and was faster than Whis , but only had a powerlevel of 1( but can still fly and fly fast just fine).
He'd probably just dodge every attack of anyone attacking him, and no one would be able to land a hit on him.

What if the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai wasn't interrupted, let's say that Supreme Kai and Kibito did arrive and were there just to test Goku and the others' powers, while Spopovich and Yamu were not majin. How would all the fights go?