The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sailor Haumea
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Sailor Haumea » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:14 pm

Gohan123 wrote:What if Goku lose everyone he care during Namek Saga ? he can't use Dragon Ball because Piccolo died and Chi Chi divorced him . How his personality ?
Chichi would never divorce Goku. She's head over heels for him, and literally nothing would be bad enough to result in a divorce, short of Goku deliberately harming Gohan or her. This what-if is utterly unrealistic.
"That's right, everyone of my race can become a giant gorilla!" - Tullece (AB Groupe dub)

Gohan123
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Gohan123 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:52 pm

Sailor Haumea wrote:
Gohan123 wrote:What if Goku lose everyone he care during Namek Saga ? he can't use Dragon Ball because Piccolo died and Chi Chi divorced him . How his personality ?
Chichi would never divorce Goku. She's head over heels for him, and literally nothing would be bad enough to result in a divorce, short of Goku deliberately harming Gohan or her. This what-if is utterly unrealistic.
Okay

But still how Goku personality if he lost everyone during Namek Saga and he can't use Dragon Ball because Piccolo died ? How his personality ?

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:14 am

Sailor Haumea wrote:What if they recruited Tao Pai Pai and Tsuru Sen'nin to fight the Saiyans somehow? Assuming the duo trained, how different would the fight be?
They would be on Town's level at best

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:58 pm

What if Dr. Gero and Dr. Paparoni teamed up and built a robot that had processors in every particle of its body so that each part of its body could react on its own and then programmed it to fight based on analysis of Goku and the Angels using Ultra Instinct?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:44 am

What if Hit and Kefla didn't get eliminated by Jiren and Ultra Instinct Goku? How far would they go?
Caulifla best girl! :)

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:47 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Hit and Kefla didn't get eliminated by Jiren and Ultra Instinct Goku? How far would they go?
They would most likely help MUI Goku eliminate Jiren, then turn on him and U6 wins.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:29 am

1.) What if Goku got to the battlefield on time during the saiyan arc?
2.) What if the Z-warriors went with Bulma's idea and use the Dragon Balls to find Gero's lab?
3.) What if Piccolo killed Dr Gero before Bulma arrived in her jet?

PotaraWarrior

Post by PotaraWarrior » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:09 pm

One what-if I always liked the concept of is: what-if Gohan became the first Super Saiyan. Where instead of Freeza killing Krillin he would just finish off Goku and that would trigger Gohan into transforming. Him being smarter and less damaged from the fight would mean he finishes off Freeza quicker but I don't know where it would really go from there.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:23 pm

PotaraWarrior wrote:One what-if I always liked the concept of is: what-if Gohan became the first Super Saiyan. Where instead of Freeza killing Krillin he would just finish off Goku and that would trigger Gohan into transforming. Him being smarter and less damaged from the fight would mean he finishes off Freeza quicker but I don't know where it would really go from there.
When it comes to combat, Gohan is definitely not smarter than Goku

PotaraWarrior

Post by PotaraWarrior » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:28 pm

kn83 wrote:
PotaraWarrior wrote:One what-if I always liked the concept of is: what-if Gohan became the first Super Saiyan. Where instead of Freeza killing Krillin he would just finish off Goku and that would trigger Gohan into transforming. Him being smarter and less damaged from the fight would mean he finishes off Freeza quicker but I don't know where it would really go from there.
I agree about that but Gohan's more cautious and unlike Goku wouldn't let Freeza power up all the way or take unnecessary risks.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:16 am

PotaraWarrior wrote:
kn83 wrote:
I agree about that but Gohan's more cautious and unlike Goku wouldn't let Freeza power up all the way or take unnecessary risks.
Gohan as a ssj would be weaker than kkx20 Goku.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:38 pm

What if the movie were canon in the main continuity :D
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:40 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:What if the movie were canon in the main continuity :D
Movies 8 and 9 are the only ones that could logically fit in the main timeline. Movie 7 could be in the unseen timeline.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:09 pm

kn83 wrote:
Movies 8 and 9 are the only ones that could logically fit in the main timeline. Movie 7 could be in the unseen timeline.
Movies 5, 9 and 13 all fit no problem. Movie 1, Movie 8 and Movie 6 need some wiggle room but can also fit.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:21 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
kn83 wrote:
Movies 5, 9 and 13 all fit no problem. Movie 1, Movie 8 and Movie 6 need some wiggle room but can also fit.
Well I'll quote my batch idea from another topic here is my idea and takes on this idea.
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Now let's play a game let's make the movie canon and without inconsistancy

MOVIE 1: DEAD ZONE
For works this movie need to be but before raditz (thx captain obvious) and having when Goku meet everyone at Kame-House at least Kuririn remember Gohan.

MOVIE 2,3 AND 4: THE WORLD'S STRONGEST, THE THREE OF MIGHT AND LORD SLUG
For works those movie to be but as follow, Movie 2 Goku's dead after the fight with Raditz Dr Uiro target then Piccolo and capture him during the time he train with Gohan Kuririn and co arrive for help Gohan at saving Piccolo, Gohan defeat Dr Uiro with the help of a freed Piccolo. Movie 3 here simple Nappa and Vegeta arrive but so Tullece and his gang here Vegeta challenge also Tullece and a three way fight start most of the Z warrior survive and Tullece gang is defeated but so is Nappa and Vegeta is leaving earth in bad shape after having fight Tullece and Goku. Movie 3 earth is recovering from the Three of might damage Lord Slug arrive and defeat all the Z Warrior except Kuririn and Gohan thus makes the move to the Namek arc.

MOVIE 5: COOLER'S REVENGE
This one for works simple that come right after Mecha Frieza/King Cold defeat at the hand of Mirai Trunks, Goku don't turn Super Saiyan because he think he can deal with Cooler without the use of this transformation much to his regret seeing Cooler powering up and having made few mistake.

MOVIE 6: THE RETURN OF COOLER
This movie happen during the three years training, instead of having Vegeta turning for first time in Super Saiyan before Android 19 he turn Super Saiyan for the first time against Metal Cooler armies.

MOVIE 7: SUPER ANDROID 13
Still during the three years training before the Android at the south island here Android 13, 14 and 15 are released sooner than Gero expected at one of his Labo and they start running havoc, cause Goku's gang to meet them and defeat them, but here Piccolo defeat Android 14 instead of Mirai Trunks. Then shortly after the event at the south island happen.

MOVIE 8: BROLY - THE LEGENDARY SUPER SAIYAN
Happen during the 10 days allowed by Cell simple.

MOVIE 9: BOJACK UNBOUND
Few days or one year after Cell defeat, Frankly this one is the only movie without problem of inconsistency lol

MOVIE 10: BROLY - SECOND COMING
I see it fit during the training time before the 25th tournament.

MOVIE 11 AND 12: BIO-BROLY AND FUSION REBORN
Those movie can happen for works let's say that the fight in Babidi spaceship have more lenght in time because of Babidi magic, so Trunks and Goten before going to fight Majin Buu, they go with Android 18 and Satan to meet the famous rich guy who created Bio Broly and defeat him, all of that happen just after the tournament in a time frame of let's say five hours or so, then Trunks and Goten learn from Videl what's happened with the gang and went to meet them. As for Janemba awakening how about make it happen when Super Buu kills all human on earth, the soul gathering at the guard post become suddenly overloaded and like in the movie one of the ogre make a mistake and paf Janemba is born due to Super Buu mayhem on earth, so during this day Goku and Vegeta would have fused twice by two method different, also for convenience let's say that hell wrecking havoc on earth doesn't happen so the Z-Warrior have just to dealt with two threat.

MOVIE 13: WRATH OF THE DRAGON
I'll put a twist with this movie by including some element from the OVA Yo! Son Goku and His Friends Return!! Here Tarble will be in Konatsian outfit there will be no Gure and Abo&Cado will be minion for Hoi and his scheme, Tarble would have a mission to stop Hoi by mission tasked by the elder of planet Konats, he would have save Tapion brother but still lost to Hoi scheme because Hoi would have secured the bottom half of Hirudegarn, Tarble would have been able to turn Super Saiyan and have some sexy sword play with a bit of magical power. Abo and Cado would be tough also and they would be able to fuse.

Then Battle of Gods happen and Ressurection of F too without problem.

So do you like my ideas :mrgreen:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:11 am

What if the Super Dragon Balls had been used to have Goku Black and Zamasu compete for Universe 10 in the Tournament of Power?

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:15 am

What if Gohan kept training after the cell saga towards the buu saga? How strong would he have been?
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:24 am

Sonofman wrote:What if Gohan kept training after the cell saga towards the buu saga? How strong would he have been?
If he would have kept training, he would have been far stronger then what actually happened (I think he either would have achieved Super Saiyan 3 or mastered Super Saiyan 2). Things in the Buu Saga would have been mostly the same until Buu is released. Gohan wouldn't have much trouble destroying Buu, but because of this, Goku would remain dead, and Goten and Trunks wouldn't know fusion. This would drastically change the events of Dragon Ball Super imo.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:03 am

Champa The Destroyer wrote:What if the Super Dragon Balls had been used to have Goku Black and Zamasu compete for Universe 10 in the Tournament of Power?
They would at some point fuse into Merged Zamasu due to threats like God Toppo, Hit, SSBKKx20 Goku, Kefla, SSBE Vegeta, Aniraza and of course Jiren. Depending on how you scale UI Omen Goku, Merged Zamasu would have no problem with any combatant except Jiren.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:21 am

What if Beerus had woken up during the Namek Arc and had decided to help Gohan and Krillin find the Dragon Balls to find the Super Saiyan God?