The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:35 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: What if in the Saiyan Saga of Dragon Ball Z, Son Gohan had achieved the Ultra Instinct "Omen" state of being for just about 4 minutes and 20 seconds when he had made physical contact with the Fusion Spirit Bomb thrown by Krillin?
It's not the act of touching the Spirit Bomb that triggers the UI - Omen state. Since Gohan and a pure heart, the Spirit Bomb would still bounce of his hands. The UI Omen state, if he achieved it for 4 minutes, would be enough to defeat an injured Vegeta.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:58 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: What if in the Saiyan Saga of Dragon Ball Z, Son Gohan had achieved the Ultra Instinct "Omen" state of being for just about 4 minutes and 20 seconds when he had made physical contact with the Fusion Spirit Bomb thrown by Krillin?
It's not the act of touching the Spirit Bomb that triggers the UI - Omen state. Since Gohan and a pure heart, the Spirit Bomb would still bounce of his hands. The UI Omen state, if he achieved it for 4 minutes, would be enough to defeat an injured Vegeta.
What do you think in your own opinion would have been the brutally honest reactions of Son Goku, Vegeta, Krillin, and the others from witnessing Ultra Instinct "Omen" Son Gohan just absolutely molly-whopping the hell out of the cocky Vegeta?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:03 pm

[quote="Steven Bloodriver"]
Goku, Vegeta, and Krillin would be shocked that Gohan could do something like this and would wonder where he learned how to do so. They would all watch with awe with no words to say.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:12 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Goku, Vegeta, and Krillin would be shocked that Gohan could do something like this and would wonder where he learned how to do so. They would all watch with awe with no words to say.
What if in this very same alternative scenario of the main canon of Dragon Ball Z, Son Gohan would have been able to subconsciously tap into his Ultra Instinct "Omen" state every time he would have been overwhelmed by his own rage similarly to when Future Trunks is able to access and make his Super Saiyan Rage form more powerful than before?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:39 pm

What if Goku died on Namek explosion?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:09 am

Noah wrote:What if Goku died on Namek explosion?
He'd probably just be wished back with the Namekian DBs, it's exactly what Bulma & Co intended when they thought he perished in Namek's explosion.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:16 am

What if a future disaster occurs from having two Zenos exist in the same timeline for too long so the Grand Priest pulls a Raiden, but instead of sending his consciousness back he is only able to send Goku's knowledge of events back in time to the beginning of DB, and allows Goku to prepare for Zamasu's attempt at eliminating mortals across the universes thus the second Zeno never destroys & leaves his timeline behind?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:27 pm

theherodjl wrote:What if a future disaster occurs from having two Zenos exist in the same timeline for too long so the Grand Priest pulls a Raiden, but instead of sending his consciousness back he is only able to send Goku's knowledge of events back in time to the beginning of DB, and allows Goku to prepare for Zamasu's attempt at eliminating mortals across the universes thus the second Zeno never destroys & leaves his timeline behind?
He'd train to unlock SSB early and solo the entire series.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:37 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
theherodjl wrote:What if a future disaster occurs from having two Zenos exist in the same timeline for too long so the Grand Priest pulls a Raiden, but instead of sending his consciousness back he is only able to send Goku's knowledge of events back in time to the beginning of DB, and allows Goku to prepare for Zamasu's attempt at eliminating mortals across the universes thus the second Zeno never destroys & leaves his timeline behind?
He'd train to unlock SSB early and solo the entire series.
If Mr. Son Goku were to have kept his tail in this timeline, would it have been possible for Super Saiyan 4 to have made an appearance? Or would it just have been much more likely to have a better chance of going on to master Super Saiyan 3 in addition to having the same luck with Ultra Instinct "Omen"?

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:46 pm

Instead of firing on Imperfect Cell, Piccolo unleashes his Hellzone Grenade on 17 instead. Does he manage to kill him, thus preventing Cell's perfection? If so, what happens next?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:52 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Instead of firing on Imperfect Cell, Piccolo unleashes his Hellzone Grenade on 17 instead. Does he manage to kill him, thus preventing Cell's perfection? If so, what happens next?
I think you mean his Light Grenade.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:53 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Instead of firing on Imperfect Cell, Piccolo unleashes his Hellzone Grenade on 17 instead. Does he manage to kill him, thus preventing Cell's perfection? If so, what happens next?
I think you mean his Light Grenade.
Oops :P
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:42 pm

He should destroy #17 quite easily, given the time he spent charging it and how expected it to be effective against a much stronger opponent. With #17 disintegrated, Cell murders Piccolo in a rage and absorbs #18. What he does from there, I'm not sure. He might go crazy and blow up the planet out of spite. He might steal a time machine and try to go to another timeline with androids. Or he might deliberate what to do next and then get killed by Vegeta and Trunks before he can do anything.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:51 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Goku, Vegeta, and Krillin would be shocked that Gohan could do something like this and would wonder where he learned how to do so. They would all watch with awe with no words to say.
What if Goku and all of the other members of Team Universe 7 had their hidden potentials unlocked by Elder Supreme Kai before the Tournament of Power actually began in the Anime?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:25 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:What if Goku and all of the other members of Team Universe 7 had their hidden potentials unlocked by Elder Supreme Kai before the Tournament of Power actually began in the Anime?
It's really difficult to ascertain the "potential" of a character anymore. Elder Kaioshin used the 25-hour ritual to unlock Gohan's latent potential at that given time. We have no idea what every fighter's individual potentials could be. Obviously, if this did occur, they would have a much easier chance at victory than before. Goku and Vegeta may even have reached the level of Jiren with their potentials unlocked. However, the point of the story is for these characters to surpass their limits through hard work and training and not 'shortcuts' like unlocking the potential. This is why I think Goku and Vegeta would never ever do that.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:00 am

shadowfox87 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:What if Goku and all of the other members of Team Universe 7 had their hidden potentials unlocked by Elder Supreme Kai before the Tournament of Power actually began in the Anime?
It's really difficult to ascertain the "potential" of a character anymore. Elder Kaioshin used the 25-hour ritual to unlock Gohan's latent potential at that given time. We have no idea what every fighter's individual potentials could be. Obviously, if this did occur, they would have a much easier chance at victory than before. Goku and Vegeta may even have reached the level of Jiren with their potentials unlocked. However, the point of the story is for these characters to surpass their limits through hard work and training and not 'shortcuts' like unlocking the potential. This is why I think Goku and Vegeta would never ever do that.
If you, yourself, could recall from just before the Tournament of Power even started, Mr. Son Goku was willing to do such a thing in the Dragon Ball Super Anime, but if in a desperate enough situation, Son Goku and Vegeta would have agreed to have their hidden powers unlocked. But what about the other eight much more powerful members of the Universe Seven Team? Like would Uncle Krillin (Potential Unleashed) have been able to dodge Ruthless Final Form Frost’s Sneak Attack, would Mr. Piccolo (Potential Unleashed) have detected Damon ahead of time and then swatted the latter like the Bug he really was, would Android 17 (Potential Unleashed) have defeated Toppo in just the nick of time before the Leader of the Pride Troopers could even have the slightest Ghost of a chance in transforming into Hakaishin Toppo, and would Fourth Form Frieza (Potential Unleashed) have had taken his sweet time in torturing the absolute hell out of Mystic Son Gohan?

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:34 pm

What if Vegeta went SSJ2 during the Cell Games? Would the boost have been enough to allow him to compere with Perfect Cell and Super Perfect Cell?

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:44 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
What if while Goku was in the Otherworld for the very first time during the Saiyan Saga, and about to make his journey to go to meet and then train under King Kai, Snake Way, in this case, was only a 100 miles long?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:00 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: If you, yourself, could recall from just before the Tournament of Power even started, Mr. Son Goku was willing to do such a thing in the Dragon Ball Super Anime, but if in a desperate enough situation, Son Goku and Vegeta would have agreed to have their hidden powers unlocked. But what about the other eight much more powerful members of the Universe Seven Team? Like would Uncle Krillin (Potential Unleashed) have been able to dodge Ruthless Final Form Frost’s Sneak Attack, would Mr. Piccolo (Potential Unleashed) have detected Damon ahead of time and then swatted the latter like the Bug he really was, would Android 17 (Potential Unleashed) have defeated Toppo in just the nick of time before the Leader of the Pride Troopers could even have the slightest Ghost of a chance in transforming into Hakaishin Toppo, and would Fourth Form Frieza (Potential Unleashed) have had taken his sweet time in torturing the absolute hell out of Mystic Son Gohan?
I would agree that everyone would be significantly stronger with their potential unlocked. Krillin's potential unlocked would be something I'd definitely like to see. Out of all these characters though, Gohan had the most potential due to him being a hybrid Saiyan. Hence, even with Freeza unlocked his potential, he would not have defeated Ultimate Gohan post-ToP if we go by manga version. In the anime, Golden Freeza was more than enough to defeat Ultimate Gohan.
Steven Bloodriver wrote: What if while Goku was in the Otherworld for the very first time during the Saiyan Saga, and about to make his journey to go to meet and then train under King Kai, Snake Way, in this case, was only a 100 miles long?
If Goku only had to travel 10 miles along the Snake Way, he would've reached King Kai's planet faster and would have begun is training earlier. This means he would have finished his training earlier and be able to arrive just in time when Nappa and Vegeta arrived on Earth. This would have prevented the deaths of the other Z-fighters and possibly allow an easier defeat of Vegeta.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:29 pm

AvatarReiko wrote:What if Vegeta went SSJ2 during the Cell Games? Would the boost have been enough to allow him to compere with Perfect Cell and Super Perfect Cell?
In order for this to have happened, Super Perfect Cell would have needed to have reminded Vegeta about this pretty much being all his fault for always being a complete and utter dumbass to not only those who are his own family, but to his own friends as well for refusing to listen to reason just for the sheer hell of it and to instead give the very false impression that he was an invincible and imposing figure when he really wasn't and never was to begin with. Especially for letting himself become absolutely nothing but a simple-minded Slave to the so-called Lord Frieza, all for so many decades and taking so many humiliating defeats ever since then from always refusing to let go of his pride and arrogance. With those being two of the very three in total reasons why he never became King in the first place. Perhaps with Super Perfect Cell speaking a bit of both the dark and troubled past of Vegeta could have been the right trigger for the Prince to awaken Super Saiyan 2, 7 years earlier than he should have, and as long as Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta doesn’t drag out the fight like how he had done with Semi-Perfect Cell, Perfect Cell and even Super Perfect Cell would be easily dealt with a well-placed Super Final Flash.