The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:05 pm

What-If the multiuniversal tournament existed in dragon ball Gt? Now everyone's strength aren't as crazy as they're are in Super. A little more grounded for GT. What 10 members would goku recruit for this tournament since the whole universe is open up to him?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:30 am

Berserker1921 wrote:What-If the multiuniversal tournament existed in dragon ball Gt? Now everyone's strength aren't as crazy as they're are in Super. A little more grounded for GT. What 10 members would goku recruit for this tournament since the whole universe is open up to him?
If GTs hell works in it's stupid non canon way I guess you are looking at:

1. Ss4 Goku
2. Ss2 vegeta
3. Gohan
4. Uubu
5. Goten
6. Trunks
7. Piccolo (halo)
For the last 3 spots whichever are the strongest 3 of the following 7:
Cell (halo) Freeza (halo) Rildo (halo) good 17 or bad 17 (halos) Dabura (halo) that ledgic guy?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:57 am

Berserker1921 wrote:What-If the multiuniversal tournament existed in dragon ball Gt? Now everyone's strength aren't as crazy as they're are in Super. A little more grounded for GT. What 10 members would goku recruit for this tournament since the whole universe is open up to him?
Since this is hypothetical, let's say it's right after GT ends but Goku's still available. Off the top of my head, since I don't remember everything about GT, not even close:
1. Goku (SS4, after all)
2. Vegeta (see above)
3. Uub (fused with Buu he seemed to be almost as strong as Super Vegeta-Baby 2)
4. Gohan (assuming SS2)
5. Trunks (mainly for the Gotenks option)
6. Goten (see above)
7. Piccolo (dead but still kicking)
8. Ledgic (It'd work.)
9. Pan (This is based on GT, you know she'd be in)
10. A resurrected Nuova Shenron (The "crazy" choice.)
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:33 am

Alruneia wrote:
Since this is hypothetical, let's say it's right after GT ends but Goku's still available. Off the top of my head, since I don't remember everything about GT, not even close:
1. Goku (SS4, after all)
2. Vegeta (see above)
4. Gohan (assuming SS2)
6. Goten (see above)
8. Ledgic (It'd work.)
I don't know if this was even meant to be humorous, but it made me laugh.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:17 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
Alruneia wrote:7. Piccolo (dead but still kicking)
I don't know if this was even meant to be humorous, but it made me laugh.
Oh, absolutely. It's a play on the "alive and kicking" phrase.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Mattdos

Post by Mattdos » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:42 pm

What if during the Buu saga Kaioshin-sama fused with Piccolo instead of Kibito? How would that change things?
*Because half the fusion is Kaioshin-sama let's just say that the fusion will last until the end of the arc instead of 1 hour*

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:39 pm

What if Goku accepted Mr. Satan's offer to join the tournament, and out of sheer luck, Mr. Satan ended up being the last one remaining on the Universe 7 team?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:09 pm

Goku
Pan
Trunks
Goten
Gohan
Super Uub
Vegeta
Pikkon
And then bring Piccolo back for one day.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:24 pm

Alruneia wrote:Since this is hypothetical, let's say it's right after GT ends but Goku's still available. Off the top of my head, since I don't remember everything about GT, not even close:
1. Goku (SS4, after all)
2. Vegeta (see above)
4. Gohan (assuming SS2)
6. Goten (see above)
8. Ledgic (It'd work.)

This actually is a pretty interesting team, almost made me think about a fanfic where the current arc on Super is set on GT :D
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:29 pm

Noah wrote:
Alruneia wrote:Since this is hypothetical, let's say it's right after GT ends but Goku's still available. Off the top of my head, since I don't remember everything about GT, not even close:
1. Goku (SS4, after all)
2. Vegeta (see above)
4. Gohan (assuming SS2)
6. Goten (see above)
8. Ledgic (It'd work.)
This actually is a pretty interesting team, almost made me think about a fanfic where the current arc on Super is set on GT :D
I mean, it's definitely an idea. Back before Super began, some people were talking about how they hoped Super would be placed after GT (which it, of course, wasn't), so I'm sure someone's already attempted to write that by now.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:52 pm

What if in the film Dragon Ball Z: Bojack Unbound, Gohan had encountered Zangya instead of Krillin and both Super Saiyan Vegeta and Piccolo, but without his typical weighted clothing on, arrived to help Future Trunks fight against Full Power Kogu?

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:03 pm

I asked this question before but no one really answered me.
What if Kid Buu never reincarnated into Uub, and in the End of Z, Goku fought Pan at the 28th World Tournament, and flew off to train her?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:41 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I asked this question before but no one really answered me.
What if Kid Buu never reincarnated into Uub, and in the End of Z, Goku fought Pan at the 28th World Tournament, and flew off to train her?
My apologies, for not answering your question at first, I was going through some personal issues, but Goku would go very easy on Pan in their match before spending all of his time mentoring his granddaughter. By helping her reach his level of awesomeness such as having unsurpassed combat skill, and all the villains following Kid Buu would get their asses kicked by a little girl who could go Super Saiyan 3 at such a young age. With Pan then attaining Super Saiyan 4 when Xicor or even Rigor would come along from the depths of space. But only to meet their gruesome ends by her using a combination of the Instant Transmission, the 10x Kamehameha, and then the Dragon Fist.

But even if Ize would get to Earth, in place of Xicor or Rigor, the son of Frieza would be visiting his father in Hell. As Pan would freaking murder his smug ass too.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:49 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I asked this question before but no one really answered me.
My apologies, for not answering your question at first, I was going through some personal issues, but Goku would go very easy on Pan in their match before spending all of his time mentoring his granddaughter. By helping her reach his level of awesomeness such as having unsurpassed combat skill, and all the villains following Kid Buu would get their asses kicked by a little girl who could go Super Saiyan 3 at such a young age. With Pan then attaining Super Saiyan 4 when Xicor or even Rigor would come along from the depths of space. But only to meet their gruesome ends by her using a combination of the Instant Transmission, the 10x Kamehameha, and then the Dragon Fist.

But even if Ize would get to Earth, in place of Xicor or Rigor, the son of Frieza would be visiting his father in Hell. As Pan would freaking murder his smug ass too.
Did you really have to talk about events from AF and New Age? Because we all know those are not official... things, and they're just fan made. Also we don't know if she could go Super Saiyan 3, or even Super Saiyan 1, in the end of Z.
Caulifla best girl! :)

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:44 pm

1) What if Babidi had used his Magic to send in another Human by the name of Angel Garcia to tag along with Spopovich and Yamu to the World Tournament? And if he was more powerful than Frieza at full power on the original Planet Namek?

2) What if Babidi had used his Magic to send in two other Humans by the names of Angel Garcia and Anthony Garcia to tag along with Spopovich and Yamu to the World Tournament? And if both of them were slightly weaker than Goku as a Super Saiyan during his ascension on the original Planet Namek?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:57 pm

I can see the team being:

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Pan
4. Gohan
5. Goten
6. Trunks
8. Ubb
9. Piccolo (Is given 24 hours to return back to Earth)
10. Baby (He could be the Freeza of the team. He agrees to help out if he is wished back to life)

I think SSj4 Goku could beat most of the team members expect for the Pride Troopers. I guess they could pull off a win if Baby takes over the body of Jiren.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:50 am

What- if Darbura and 16 were alive and good? Would they be of any use now in Super?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:01 am

Gt team

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Gohan
4.Goten
5. Trunks
6. Uub
7. Pan
8. Piccolo
9. Pikkon
10. Legdic

If Goku goes off with Pan.

Option 1: Goku just goes home.
Option 2: Gohan calls the police and reports his father for kidnapping.

Heres one. What if Jecie did change sides right before the fight with Frieza and joins the Z fights through Frieza through Buu.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:02 am

Berserker1921 wrote:What- if Darbura and 16 were alive and good? Would they be of any use now in Super?
16 replaces Frieza in Super. From how Dabura looked good I think he lost his fighting sense other wise he replaces Roshi.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:42 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:What- if Darbura and 16 were alive and good? Would they be of any use now in Super?
#16 would help out in the Buu saga and would probably be destroyed by Buu. For Dabra, Videl would need to a way to prove that he is a good guy if the Heaven scenes happen in the manga. Dabra could be useful in the Tournament of power since he can turn people into stone.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/