The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:10 am

Chickenchaser wrote:What-if Perfect Cell Killed Super Vegeta and Ultra Trunks (Cell Saga)
Both Goku and Gohan would have learned to tap into the Super Saiyan 2 form, from deciding to spend another trip inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, and by the time the Cell Games begin, Full Power Super Saiyan 2 would have been reached, along with being able to briefly turn into a Super Saiyan 3 for a few moments, for Goku and Gohan. Even with all his power, Cell would have stood no chance against either Goku or Gohan, even in their normal Super Saiyan forms, and after receiving the first hit courtesy of Goku, Perfect Cell would have thrown up the Cyborgs he absorbed before then dying of the overwhelming pain he still felt from a disappointed Super Saiyan Grade 4 Goku. Before Dende would have summoned Shenron to revive and restore the deaths of the innocent and acts of utter destruction caused by Cell.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:35 am

What if when freeza turns gold his personality changes and he becomes a Goody two shoes
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

bleachguy

Post by bleachguy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:38 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
bleachguy wrote:What if Vegeta was the real hero?
[spoiler]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YSuZ_jc-7co[/spoiler]
Never read that. Thanks!

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:25 am

Ki Breaker wrote:What if when freeza turns gold his personality changes and he becomes a Goody two shoes
Universe 7 gains a new protector in the form of Golden Frieza, the Warriors of Universe 6 get their asses sent back home, Copy-Gryll and Copy-Vegeta get turned into a pair of carbonized remains, Future Trunks would have given a priceless expression from learning in Frieza having completely reformed, Goku Black would take Frieza's place in Earth's Hell for his Cocaine-induced rampages across space and time, then Present Zamasu would be discovered by James Cameron even faster, Future Zamasu would have been tortured endlessly from being forced to hear Justin Bieber until being sealed, Hit would have returned to Universe 6 on a stretcher upon finding out Frieza had attempted to put a hit out on him, Universe nine in less than a heart-beat, would have been humiliated even more, and the Grand Priest would have been at Goku and Frieza’s mercy after Bergamo was a hotdog.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:27 am

bleachguy wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
bleachguy wrote:What if Vegeta was the real hero?
[spoiler]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YSuZ_jc-7co[/spoiler]
Never read that. Thanks!
You are welcome.
[spoiler]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e7TC34IqKnI[/spoiler]

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:21 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Majin Buu did wake up, but Freeza still joined the team, and replaced either Roshi, or Tien?
By super logic after training for a couple hours; buu has become at least Buutenks level. I am not joking look at Frieza. 4 months of punching a dude and he is above current ssj blue goku. Since buu is thousands of times stronger then what Frieza used too be. This makes sense. He prob replace tien. I mean no offense. Krillin has the super solar flare and is tricky. Roshi has mafuba that he can use to send one or a couple people flying off the ring. Tien has a very powerful technique of the Tri-Beam. But in a tournament where having lots of stamina and outsmarting is key. Than tien is useless in every way. I mean roshi was implied to be stronger than him now. Buu can regenerate, absorb, turn people into candy, and learn skills much easier than most.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:41 pm

What if when Super Buu was waiting for Goten and Trunks to finish training at the lookout, Master Roshi went and used the Mafuba to seal him AND it worked?

YajirobiTheGreat
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YajirobiTheGreat » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:57 am

What if Goku and Chichi had many children? Say 3-4 more on top of Gohan/Goten?

TheDragonBallGuy75
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDragonBallGuy75 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:32 pm

What if Raditz ditched Earth after kidnapping Gohan and drafted him into Freezer's empire? Would be interesting to see him brainwashed into fighting his father.
Someone asked me why I invest so much time into collecting Dragonball doujinshi.
I answered, "Because I don't see anyone else doing it".

My websites for all your Dragon Ball fan manga needs
http://www.dbfcscans.blogspot.com
https://twitter.com/DragonBallGuy75
https://www.facebook.com/DB-Fan-Manga-309854729705080/
https://discord.gg/qc49vtB

TheDragonBallGuy75
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDragonBallGuy75 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:34 pm

FoolsGil wrote:What if when Super Buu was waiting for Goten and Trunks to finish training at the lookout, Master Roshi went and used the Mafuba to seal him AND it worked?
Roshi would then likely be dead for good. Goku wouldn't be revived either, Vegeta would stay dead and the kaioshins would go back to their own realm after dropping ultimate Gohan back home.
Someone asked me why I invest so much time into collecting Dragonball doujinshi.

TheDragonBallGuy75
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDragonBallGuy75 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:36 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:I guess this more for the Super Manga but also applies to the anime.

If Zamasu/Black knew Goku had the Zeno button....how would he have gone about his plan?
Probably would have gathered the super dragon balls again and either depowered Zeno (if they really are limitless) or just asked the dragon to remove the button from Goku's possession. Then they would likely continue as normal, simple fix really.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:36 pm

TheDragonBallGuy75 wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:I guess this more for the Super Manga but also applies to the anime.

If Zamasu/Black knew Goku had the Zeno button....how would he have gone about his plan?
Probably would have gathered the super dragon balls again and either depowered Zeno (if they really are limitless) or just asked the dragon to remove the button from Goku's possession. Then they would likely continue as normal, simple fix really.
See, there is the answer I wanted. Very simple fix but I didnt consider it. Good job.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:47 pm

YajirobiTheGreat wrote:What if Goku and Chichi had many children? Say 3-4 more on top of Gohan/Goten?
Eventually Chi-Chi pops out a Gohan that likes to fight so we end up woth a hybrid with Goku's fighting genius and gohan's intelligence and potential.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:29 am

TheDragonBallGuy75 wrote:What if Raditz ditched Earth after kidnapping Gohan and drafted him into Freezer's empire? Would be interesting to see him brainwashed into fighting his father.
Well, I don't think Raditz could do it, he would end up killing him, maybe. Gohan could be a half Saiyan, but he was just a little spoiled brat, I don't think Raditz would had the same patient as Piccolo had training him.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Chickenchaser

Post by Chickenchaser » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:48 pm

What-if Kami wasn't resurrect Shen Long?

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:38 pm

I've always had a what-if that I wanted to draft out. Probably the least original Dragon Ball idea ever, but what the heck, I'mma go with it anyway!

What if Goku never existed, and what would the resulting story be like?

How that might go down:
[spoiler]Okay so to start, Grandpa Gohan would still be alive. In her search for the Dragon Balls, Bulma would encounter him and maybe persuade him to have his four star ball (her favour would probably work on him). Roshi's ball is still acquired in the same way, and Bulma resorts to stealing the Dragon Ball in the village Oolong is terrorizing. She joins up with Yamcha in the desert and they sort out the Fire Mountain issue as Goku would. They're captured by Pilaf but Puar is able to prevent the wish from happening. Unfortunately they're unable to escape the heat cooker sunlight whatever room and die in the morning from the heat.

Krillin arrives at Roshi's island to begin his training, and they compete in the 21st WMAT. Krillin is still defeated in the match with Jackie and Jackie wins the Tournament, only he gets to keep his prize money as it isn't all spent on dinner this time. The Red Ribbon Army search for the Dragon Balls and are able to acquire all but the one near Jingle Village, since Hatchan/Eighter is hiding it. General Red stays the same height but he destroys Jingle Village for their insolence, and focuses on Dr. Gero's Androids instead.

Krillin and Roshi compete in the 22nd WMAT, and Krillin loses in the final against Tein. Since Goku isn't there with the Four Star Ball, Tambourine simply grabs the list of fighters and nobody finds out about King Piccolo's return. Tambourine eventually arrives at Kame House and kills Krillin there instead, but is himself killed by Master Roshi. Tien gets wind of this and investigates, while Yajirobe kills Cymbal. King Piccolo creates a new fighter (Tuba?) and wishes for eternal youth with the Dragon Balls before killing Shenron. As he usurps King Furry, Roshi and Tien arrive, however Roshi fails with the Mafuba and Tien falls to Drum. King Piccolo destroys West City, then creates demons who kill all the martial artists in the world (including Grandpa Gohan, Tao Pai-Pai and the Crane Hermit) and help him enforce his rule.

Because Goku wasn't born, Raditz never arrives on Earth, and so Vegeta never overhears about the Dragon Balls. Because that never happens, he never makes the connection about Namek's Dragon Balls, so Frieza doesn't overhear that and never visits Namek. He and King Cold are effectively written out of the story and never appear. A different low-class Saiyan baby may be sent to Earth, but if it's at this point then they'd be killed by one of Piccolo's minions, or the King himself.

Between his "coronation" and the next event, King Piccolo has destroyed fourteen Sectors, one a year. Dr. Gero has finished the Androids, including himself, but due to a lack of martial artists, he bases their power and fighting skills on Piccolo's demons instead. He and 19 are unable to defeat him, which activates 18, 19 and Cell. Cell absorbs the 18 and 19 and is eventually able to defeat King Piccolo, who spits out the egg for Piccolo Jr.

A few years later and Piccolo Jr. arrives to challenge Perfect Cell, but is interrupted by the arrival of Dabura, Babidi and Buu. Buu easily kills both Piccolo and Perfect Cell, as well as Shin and Kibuchi, and eventually kills everyone on Earth. Sometime later Beerus then arrives, defeats Buu, and blows up planet Earth.

The End! : D[/spoiler]

Power Metal
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Power Metal » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:10 pm

KBABZ wrote:I've always had a what-if that I wanted to draft out. Probably the least original Dragon Ball idea ever, but what the heck, I'mma go with it anyway!

How that might go down:
[spoiler]Okay so to start, Grandpa Gohan would still be alive. In her search for the Dragon Balls, Bulma would encounter him and maybe persuade him to have his four star ball (her favour would probably work on him). Roshi's ball is still acquired in the same way, and Bulma resorts to stealing the Dragon Ball in the village Oolong is terrorizing. She joins up with Yamcha in the desert and they sort out the Fire Mountain issue as Goku would. They're captured by Pilaf but Puar is able to prevent the wish from happening. Unfortunately they're unable to escape the heat cooker sunlight whatever room and die in the morning from the heat.

Krillin arrives at Roshi's island to begin his training, and they compete in the 21st WMAT. Krillin is still defeated in the match with Jackie and Jackie wins the Tournament, only he gets to keep his prize money as it isn't all spent on dinner this time. The Red Ribbon Army search for the Dragon Balls and are able to acquire all but the one near Jingle Village, since Hatchan/Eighter is hiding it. General Red stays the same height but he destroys Jingle Village for their insolence, and focuses on Dr. Gero's Androids instead.

Krillin and Roshi compete in the 22nd WMAT, and Krillin loses in the final against Tein. Since Goku isn't there with the Four Star Ball, Tambourine simply grabs the list of fighters and nobody finds out about King Piccolo's return. Tambourine eventually arrives at Kame House and kills Krillin there instead, but is himself killed by Master Roshi. Tien gets wind of this and investigates, while Yajirobe kills Cymbal. King Piccolo creates a new fighter (Tuba?) and wishes for eternal youth with the Dragon Balls before killing Shenron. As he usurps King Furry, Roshi and Tien arrive, however Roshi fails with the Mafuba and Tien falls to Drum. King Piccolo destroys West City, then creates demons who kill all the martial artists in the world (including Grandpa Gohan, Tao Pai-Pai and the Crane Hermit) and help him enforce his rule.

Because Goku wasn't born, Raditz never arrives on Earth, and so Vegeta never overhears about the Dragon Balls. Because that never happens, he never makes the connection about Namek's Dragon Balls, so Frieza doesn't overhear that and never visits Namek. He and King Cold are effectively written out of the story and never appear. A different low-class Saiyan baby may be sent to Earth, but if it's at this point then they'd be killed by one of Piccolo's minions, or the King himself.

Between his "coronation" and the next event, King Piccolo has destroyed fourteen Sectors, one a year. Dr. Gero has finished the Androids, including himself, but due to a lack of martial artists, he bases their power and fighting skills on Piccolo's demons instead. He and 19 are unable to defeat him, which activates 18, 19 and Cell. Cell absorbs the 18 and 19 and is eventually able to defeat King Piccolo, who spits out the egg for Piccolo Jr.

A few years later and Piccolo Jr. arrives to challenge Perfect Cell, but is interrupted by the arrival of Dabura, Babidi and Buu. Buu easily kills both Piccolo and Perfect Cell, as well as Shin and Kibuchi, and eventually kills everyone on Earth. Sometime later Beerus then arrives, defeats Buu, and blows up planet Earth.

Your what-if scenario is interesting as hell, however, there are a few problems.
Probably just a typo but did you mean 17 & 18, rather than 18 & 19?

Also, if Babidi and co. kills Shin, Beerus also dies. Babidi would rule the universe from then on.

Though maybe Champa would learn of the death of his brother and would interfere with U7's affairs.
I do far more lurking than actual posting.

https://www.last.fm/user/AlexPowerMetal

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:49 pm

What if Goku and Vegeta fused into Vegetto against Freeza in Resurrection F?
Caulifla best girl! :)

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:53 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Goku and Vegeta fused into Vegetto against Freeza in Resurrection F?
They some how defuse before they finish him.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:27 pm

Power Metal wrote:
KBABZ wrote:I've always had a what-if that I wanted to draft out. Probably the least original Dragon Ball idea ever, but what the heck, I'mma go with it anyway!

How that might go down:

Your what-if scenario is interesting as hell, however, there are a few problems.
Probably just a typo but did you mean 17 & 18, rather than 18 & 19?

Also, if Babidi and co. kills Shin, Beerus also dies. Babidi would rule the universe from then on.

Though maybe Champa would learn of the death of his brother and would interfere with U7's affairs.
Ah! You're right on "18 and 19", I did mean 17 and 18 instead. I wasn't aware of a connection between Babidi and Beerus; could that be explained? I haven't watched Super yet.

I also realized something! In my version of the story, the Red Ribbon Army has gathered all the Dragon Balls except the one in Jingle Village. If that's the case, then when King Piccolo goes searching for them, all he has to do is invade the Red Ribbon Army headquarters. If he does that, it's more than likely that he'll wipe them out similar to what Goku did, leaving Dr. Gero as one of the survivors/deserters as in the "Goku" timeline. As well, the final ball would have to be taken from Hatchan/Eighter, so King Piccolo would kill him personally too. Man, this alternate timeline is dark!