The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:25 am

What if Majin Buu emerged in Universe 6?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:30 am

Kataphrut wrote:What if Majin Buu emerged in Universe 6?
He'd get slaughtered by Base Saiyans.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:11 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Are you sure about that? This would be Kid Buu at first, and I'm pretty sure the U6 Saiyans aren't *that* strong.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:17 am

Kataphrut wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Are you sure about that? This would be Kid Buu at first, and I'm pretty sure the U6 Saiyans aren't *that* strong.
Cabba was equal to Vegeta who effortlessly destroyed SSJ3 Gotenks.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:54 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: He'd get slaughtered by Base Saiyans.
I was under the impression we were ignoring that scene. Like, isn't it commonly accepted by the power scalers as an anomaly from the days when base form was meant to have replaced Super Saiyan God? Either that, or it's meant to be a sign of how out-of-practice Gotenks is, which wouldn't apply to Buu since he's basically a perpetual-motion machine that doesn't need to train.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:56 am

Kataphrut wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:
I was under the impression we were ignoring that scene. Like, isn't it commonly accepted by the power scalers as an anomaly from the days when base form was meant to have replaced Super Saiyan God? Either that, or it's meant to be a sign of how out-of-practice Gotenks is, which wouldn't apply to Buu since he's basically a perpetual-motion machine that doesn't need to train.
I don't see why we would ignore that scene. Base Goku just recently tanked a heavily charged attack from Piccolo with no damage, the same Piccolo who crushed SSJ2 Gohan. In fact, an even stronger version of that Piccolo since he trained with Gohan.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:05 pm

What if, after self-destructing on King Kai's planet, Cell didn't teleport back to Earth but instead teleported somewhere else in the universe, like New Namek, and started going on a rampage?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:56 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:What if, after self-destructing on King Kai's planet, Cell didn't teleport back to Earth but instead teleported somewhere else in the universe, like New Namek, and started going on a rampage?
Why would he? :eh:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:27 pm

Noah wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:What if, after self-destructing on King Kai's planet, Cell didn't teleport back to Earth but instead teleported somewhere else in the universe, like New Namek, and started going on a rampage?
Why would he?
Just a whim? Maybe he wanted to test his new powers a bit before fighting Gohan again?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:37 pm

What if Freeza survived in Resurrection F? What would happen in Super afterwards? Would Freeza become an anti-hero?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:35 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Just a whim? Maybe he wanted to test his new powers a bit before fighting Gohan again?
Well, nothing new would happen. I don't think Cell have a wish to do with the namekian DBs, probably the Z-Fighters could sense his power from Earth or Goku would warn them that Cell is still alive, so it would be not surprise. So they could prepare better for when he arrives.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:35 pm

What if the Earthlings put up a more collaborative effort against the saiyans? Piccolo decided to not be a lone wolf for one day in his life, and the others showed up dead serious instead of overconfident. Could they have beaten Nappa? Could they have beaten Vegeta...?

Example: imagine if while Nappa was focused on Tenshinhan and Piccolo and Kuririn double-teamed him by surprise, if instead of Gohan panicking, it was Yamcha waiting on the third end with a full power Kamehameha or Sokidan, how hurt would Nappa have been?

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:50 pm

Noah wrote:
Why would he? :eh:
Why would he is very important to answer, because without Goku alive, the heroes won't have any efficient way to reach Cell. If Cell doesn't want to go back to Earth, the heroes are SOL. Maybe they can follow him in a spaceship but that's assuming they even catch wind of his ki. And as soon as they arrive, Cell can teleport away again, in fact he might just lure them (really just Gohan) away from Earth so he can have it all to himself for a month. With Instant Transmission, Cell becomes vastly overpowered. Nobody can catch him.

But again, why is he doing this? Because if he has no motivation to run away forever, effectively admitting his inferiority to Gohan, then he'll probably go back to earth sooner or later. Everything happens the same way then.

UNLESS Cell doesn't come back for any significant amount of time. A few days at least. If he gives Gohan time to soak in his failure, Gohan's confidence will be destroyed rather than bolstered by the events, and he won't be able to beat Cell.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:59 pm

Interesting analysis, mate! But you could avoid making double posts and such
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:17 pm

Hey Noah, Can you answer my question?
What if Freeza survived in Resurrection F? What would happen in Super afterwards? Would Freeza become an anti-hero?

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:40 pm

What if Baba instructed that Devilman becomes a Z-Fighter? How does the rest of the series go after that?

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:50 pm

Almighty Majin wrote:What if Baba instructed that Devilman becomes a Z-Fighter? How does the rest of the series go after that?
There wouldn't any threat.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:02 pm

What if Hit of Universe Six and Jiren of Universe Eleven had counterparts in Universe 7? And they arrived on Earth during the 25th Budokai and participated by taking the places of Jewel and Killa?

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:03 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Almighty Majin wrote:What if Baba instructed that Devilman becomes a Z-Fighter? How does the rest of the series go after that?
There wouldn't any threat.
Honestly, his Devilmite beam would probably be nullified just by a sheer quantity and power of ki once we hit the likes of Daimao. Like how Blue's paralysis and Chiaotzu's telekinesis just straight up didn't work on Tao and Nappa respectively. Enough ki in Dragon Ball usually allows you to overpower whatever technique your opponent tries.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:04 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:What if Hit of Universe Six and Jiren of Universe Eleven had counterparts in Universe 7? And they arrived on Earth during the 25th Budokai and participated by taking the places of Jewel and Killa?
They wouldn't get passed the preliminaries. Jewel and Killa were extremely strong.