The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:58 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:What if Vegeta told Nappa go to Earth alone?
Goku would defeat Nappa but try to spare him. Nappa would backstab him and Goku would kill him.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:27 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Tenshinhan trained with Whis after Resurrection F?
Well, supposing he could even survive Whis training, I guess Tien would get strong enough to rival SSJ3 Goku (Boo arc) and his Shin Kikoho could stall Gods of Destruction.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:49 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:What if Vegeta told Nappa go to Earth alone?
Kuririn slices his head off with kienzan.

Who's idea was it to use saibamen? If it was vegetas then nappa doesn't and perhaps the butterfly effect kicks in with the fight going better, like yamcha living, or worse, everyone dies. I'm leaning towards same or better.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:06 pm

I think everyone would die a lot faster if Nappa went alone. It was Vegeta's idea to use the Saibamen and to wait for Goku to show up. Kuririn may be dead before he uses the Kienzan.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:33 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: 1) What if in his first visit to the Future Earth in the Anime, Goku Black had a change of heart and betrayed Future Zamasu before teaming up with Full Power Super Saiyan 2 Future Trunks against the other completely and utterly furious Zamasu from the very same timeline as Future Trunks from DBS?

2) What if during Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, Prince Vegeta had challenged God of Destruction Beerus to a... Dance-Off?

3) What if Super Perfect Cell had permanently gotten complete and total amnesia upon having regenerated himself from his intended Self-Destruction and stayed in the Otherworld just long enough to have met up with Mr. Goku and company?
4) What if the version of Goku from Goku Black’s Timeline had learned how to do Captain Ginyu’s Body Change after the events of the Captain Ginyu Saga?
1) Black is stronger than Future Zamasu. In fact, without the presence of Goku, there was no U6 tournament and Future Zamasu would have not been influenced by GodTube to carry out the Zero Mortals Plan. Black is what caused Future Zamasu to be convinced. If Black betrayed Future Zamasu and joined with Future Trunks, they would defeat Future Zamasu easily as he is immortal, but weaker.

2) Beerus would have won the dance-off as he was shown during the Bulma's birthday party to be doing breakdancing. Beerus is much more flexible than Vegeta is.

3) If Super Perfect Cell had total amnesia, then Goku would've made friends with him and asked him to become his sparring buddy.

4) If Goku knew how to do Ginyu's Body Change technique, he would have used it immediately on Black, recovering his body and then defeating Zamasu, preventing Goten and Chi-Chi from dying.
What if as a result of the East Supreme Kai and Supreme Kai Attendant having found Babidi’s Spaceship in the Southwest Forest only a minute or two before the 25th Budokai had taken place on Papaya Island, Shin and Kibito had been the ones to have fallen completely and utterly under Babidi’s Dark Magic?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:07 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: What if as a result of the East Supreme Kai and Supreme Kai Attendant having found Babidi’s Spaceship in the Southwest Forest only a minute or two before the 25th Budokai had taken place on Papaya Island, Shin and Kibito had been the ones to have fallen completely and utterly under Babidi’s Dark Magic?
Shin was not an aggressive person. Even upon finding Babidi's spaceship, he warned caution and did not want to approach Babidi and Dabura. Hence, even if they had found the location of Babidi's spaceship, they would not attack but rather regroup and strategize. Babidi's magic does not work on the Shinjin (race of Kai). For the same reason that Shin and Kibito's energies could not be used to revive Buu. Also, there should not be any evil inside Shin or Kibito.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:37 pm

What if Goku wasn't a damn moron, and actually attempted to destroy Cell & Boo himself rather than rely on children do the job?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:14 am

theherodjl wrote:What if Goku wasn't a damn moron, and actually attempted to destroy Cell & Boo himself rather than rely on children do the job?
Well for Goku to destroy Cell, he would either have to go back to the RoSaT and try to push SSJ2 out of Gohan so that he can then learn it himself somehow or he could have resorted to stacking Kaioken on top of SSJ and sacrifice himself. The latter seems more likely and feasible in my opinion so we'll go with that. Basically, Goku fights Cell as he does, but then realizes that he cannot beat him so he resorts to Super Kaioken x20 Kamehameha to destroy him entirely.... and then he dies as well.

Majin saga doesn't change as much except that Gohan doesn't have SSJ2. In Babidi's ship, Gohan vs Dabura might still happen and I think Goku will unlock SSJ2 and SSJ3 regardless in the afterlife. This leads of course to your second question.

If Goku fully went into SSJ3 and destroyed Fat Buu, then there might be no Gotenks, no Ultimate Gohan, and no Uub as well. The reason why I say might is because:
1. Goku destroyed Buu, but he's still going back to the afterlife and staying there so he might have to teach Goten and Trunks the Fusion Dance and SSJ3 just in case to keep Earth safe.
2. Gohan would still train with Shin and Kibito with the Z-Sword and Goku would definitely check on Gohan and tell all of them that Buu has been defeated, but its entirely possible that Old Kai gets released due to Goku possibly wanting to still test the sword.
3. Goku probably could request for Buu to be reincarnated, but that's unknown at this point in time.

So this leads us to Super...
BoG Arc: Beerus dreams of SSJG, Whis informs him of Goku, but tells him that he's dead. I don't think he'd have a problem entering the afterlife to fight Goku and the result would still be the same. Beerus comes to Earth and has some fun, Buu isn't there to disturb the peace, but I'd say Beerus still requests to fight the SSJG. The DBs are used and Vegeta would ask about SSJG and it's possible that Tarble (assuming he's part of the continuity) get brought in so that Vegeta attains SSJG and fights Beerus.

RoF Arc: Vegeta decides he wants more and trains under Whis and eventually achieves SSJB. He defeats and kills Freeza.

U6 Tournament Arc: No Goku means that the team will be very different. There's no Goku nor Buu and I don't think Beerus will put Monaka in this time. The team could probably be: Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Android 17, and Android 18. Why this team you ask? Well since Goku isn't around, I think Vegeta would definitely make Gohan join the tournament and have him as a training partner in the time chamber to make use of his potential. Krillin was one of the few candidates mentioned by Goku so Vegeta could easily look to Krillin (strongest Earthling) as well as Android 18 due to her power and potential. Krillin may just refuse to fight and 18 could suggest recruiting 17 as a result. If this is the case then it's possible for U7 to win if Vegeta loses to Hit and then 17 and Gohan formulate strategies to take him down.

Future Trunks Arc: Same thing happens for the most part except that Gohan takes Goku's place and instead of Goku Black, we might get Vegeta Black since he was the only fighter during the tournament exhibiting god ki. Perhaps Vegeta has the Zeno button and uses it as a last resort as well.

ToP Arc: This doesn't happen since Goku isn't there to offer the tournament. I believe Vegeta could still have offered the U6 tournament since the stakes aren't as dire, but Vegeta definitely wouldn't recklessly ask Zeno for a tournament. Zeno probably forgets about erasing universes anyways. If he DOES remember to set up a tournament, it could happen later than when it did in the main story and then the team would be very different. The team could be: Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Android 17, Android 18, Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, and then 2 more candidates. Those 2 could probably be Goku and Broly if the Dragon Balls get involved to bring back someone from the afterlife and to find another very strong fighter in the universe. Not really sure how the ToP goes in that case, but it could be that Goku decides to train with Gohan in the time chamber after being impressed by his growth and thus passes on Kaioken and Spirit Bomb onto him since the most Goku would be able to achieve before the ToP would be SSJG or perhaps SSJB (unmastered). If this happens, then Gohan would probably be the one breaking his limits and achieving the form beyond Ultimate or attaining UI.

PotaraWarrior

Post by PotaraWarrior » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:25 am

What if Raditz remembered his younger brother and came to Earth during the time Goku met Bulma? Would he try and kill everyone and convince Goku to join him or would we actually get a kinda cool good guy Raditz?

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:54 pm

I think Raditz will kill Goku if he thinks he is too soft and this time he will get away with his crime.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:40 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: What if as a result of the East Supreme Kai and Supreme Kai Attendant having found Babidi’s Spaceship in the Southwest Forest only a minute or two before the 25th Budokai had taken place on Papaya Island, Shin and Kibito had been the ones to have fallen completely and utterly under Babidi’s Dark Magic?
Shin was not an aggressive person. Even upon finding Babidi's spaceship, he warned caution and did not want to approach Babidi and Dabura. Hence, even if they had found the location of Babidi's spaceship, they would not attack but rather regroup and strategize. Babidi's magic does not work on the Shinjin (race of Kai). For the same reason that Shin and Kibito's energies could not be used to revive Buu. Also, there should not be any evil inside Shin or Kibito.
What if in the Universal Survival Saga of the Dragon Ball Super Anime, during the extreme struggle between the Universe 7 Spirit Bomb of Super Saiyan Blue: 20X Kaioken Goku and the attempts of Jiren to deflect it, the absolute strongest son of Bardock had achieved Beyond Super Saiyan Blue, miraculously won the clash because of his awakening of Super Saiyan Blue Evolution, and managed to hit the most powerful Pride Trooper in all existence within the Universe 11 of Dragon Ball Super with the absolute full-force of his Universe 7 Spirit Bomb?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:48 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: What if in the Universal Survival Saga of the Dragon Ball Super Anime, during the extreme struggle between the Universe 7 Spirit Bomb of Super Saiyan Blue: 20X Kaioken Goku and the attempts of Jiren to deflect it, the absolute strongest son of Bardock had achieved Beyond Super Saiyan Blue, miraculously won the clash because of his awakening of Super Saiyan Blue Evolution, and managed to hit the most powerful Pride Trooper in all existence within the Universe 11 of Dragon Ball Super with the absolute full-force of his Universe 7 Spirit Bomb?
In this scenario, you are already giving me the result of who won the clash rather than asking me lol. I would have to say that even if Goku somehow transformed into SSBE during the Spirit Bomb tug of war, it would still be insufficient. Jiren would have easily still deflected it. This was a suppressed Jiren using only his ki to push the bomb away without even needing to make physical contact with the bomb. Even if Goku gathered all the energy from all inhabitants of Earth to make the Super Genki Dama as he did to defeat Buu, it still would not be enough.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:00 am

shadowfox87 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: What if in the Universal Survival Saga of the Dragon Ball Super Anime, during the extreme struggle between the Universe 7 Spirit Bomb of Super Saiyan Blue: 20X Kaioken Goku and the attempts of Jiren to deflect it, the absolute strongest son of Bardock had achieved Beyond Super Saiyan Blue, miraculously won the clash because of his awakening of Super Saiyan Blue Evolution, and managed to hit the most powerful Pride Trooper in all existence within the Universe 11 of Dragon Ball Super with the absolute full-force of his Universe 7 Spirit Bomb?
In this scenario, you are already giving me the result of who won the clash rather than asking me lol. I would have to say that even if Goku somehow transformed into SSBE during the Spirit Bomb tug of war, it would still be insufficient. Jiren would have easily still deflected it. This was a suppressed Jiren using only his ki to push the bomb away without even needing to make physical contact with the bomb. Even if Goku gathered all the energy from all inhabitants of Earth to make the Super Genki Dama as he did to defeat Buu, it still would not be enough.
What if Mr. Son Goku and Mr. Piccolo (Sync With Nail) had their hidden Potentials Unlocked by Grand Elder Guru before they had went on into fighting most of the Ginyu Force and Second Form Frieza straight away?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:11 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:What if Mr. Son Goku and Mr. Piccolo (Sync With Nail) had their hidden Potentials Unlocked by Grand Elder Guru before they had went on into fighting most of the Ginyu Force and Second Form Frieza straight away?
All of the Ginyu Force would've been instantly defeated. Freeza would have been forced to go into his fourth form where he would've have overwhelmed Goku and Piccolo. If Goku didn't get the zenkai boost after his body was swapped with Ginyu, then he would be a little weaker even with Guru unlocking his potential. Unlike Gohan, Goku didn't have that much hidden potential. The same scenario would occur with Goku with Kaioken x20 still losing to Freeza. He would attempt to do the Spirit Bomb. He would turn into a Super Saiyan, but I think, that his base strength would be lower without the zenkai and hence, the gap between him and Freeza would be even smaller.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:51 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:What if Mr. Son Goku and Mr. Piccolo (Sync With Nail) had their hidden Potentials Unlocked by Grand Elder Guru before they had went on into fighting most of the Ginyu Force and Second Form Frieza straight away?
All of the Ginyu Force would've been instantly defeated. Freeza would have been forced to go into his fourth form where he would've have overwhelmed Goku and Piccolo. If Goku didn't get the zenkai boost after his body was swapped with Ginyu, then he would be a little weaker even with Guru unlocking his potential. Unlike Gohan, Goku didn't have that much hidden potential. The same scenario would occur with Goku with Kaioken x20 still losing to Freeza. He would attempt to do the Spirit Bomb. He would turn into a Super Saiyan, but I think, that his base strength would be lower without the zenkai and hence, the gap between him and Freeza would be even smaller.
While fighting against a Beerus who is possessed by both an Adult Baby and Super Janemba from Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai (but without having to worry about any of the Supreme Kais from dying) in a mortal duel, a sudden meteor shower from a destroyed planet interrupts your hard-won victory, and threatens both you and the Earth, which transformation in any of the media of the Dragon Ball franchise would you use to stop them?

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:56 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote: While fighting against a Beerus who is possessed by both an Adult Baby and Super Janemba from Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai (but without having to worry about any of the Supreme Kais from dying) in a mortal duel, a sudden meteor shower from a destroyed planet interrupts your hard-won victory, and threatens both you and the Earth, which transformation in any of the media of the Dragon Ball franchise would you use to stop them?
Hmm, this is a good one. It wouldn't be a mortal duel btw since Beerus isn't a mortal. The sudden meteor shower interrupts my fight but I have already claimed victory based on what you have stated. I am more concerned about the Earth at this point. Hence, I would use Shunkan Ido to teleport near the stratosphere of Earth and then use a Super Kamehameha to destroy the meteor shower that threatens Earth. If I can use any transformation, might as well go for the strongest - Ultra Instinct.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:41 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: While fighting against a Beerus who is possessed by both an Adult Baby and Super Janemba from Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai (but without having to worry about any of the Supreme Kais from dying) in a mortal duel, a sudden meteor shower from a destroyed planet interrupts your hard-won victory, and threatens both you and the Earth, which transformation in any of the media of the Dragon Ball franchise would you use to stop them?
Hmm, this is a good one. It wouldn't be a mortal duel btw since Beerus isn't a mortal. The sudden meteor shower interrupts my fight but I have already claimed victory based on what you have stated. I am more concerned about the Earth at this point. Hence, I would use Shunkan Ido to teleport near the stratosphere of Earth and then use a Super Kamehameha to destroy the meteor shower that threatens Earth. If I can use any transformation, might as well go for the strongest - Ultra Instinct.
If Teen Gohan had transformed into a Super Saiyan 3 following his father and Future Trunks' deaths during the Cell Games, would he have won against Super Perfect Cell without having to have both Goku and Vegeta to help him?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:26 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:
If Teen Gohan had transformed into a Super Saiyan 3 following his father and Future Trunks' deaths during the Cell Games, would he have won against Super Perfect Cell without having to have both Goku and Vegeta to help him?
Yes. A healthy ssj2 would have beat Cell and a injured ssj3 would have still be 2x a healthy ssj2 Gohan.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:49 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:If Teen Gohan had transformed into a Super Saiyan 3 following his father and Future Trunks' deaths during the Cell Games, would he have won against Super Perfect Cell without having to have both Goku and Vegeta to help him?
If Teen Gohan turned into a Super Saiyan 3, his power would be 4x SSJ2, allowing him to easily vaporize Cell without the help of Goku and Vegeta. After Perfect Cell regenerated from 1 cell into Super Perfect Cell, he had the aura of an SSJ2. Hence, Super Perfect Cell also turned into an SSJ2. Given that Perfect Cell was already stronger than SSJ Gohan, multiplying both sides by 2, shows that Super Perfect Cell > SSJ2 Gohan even if Gohan didn't get injured. The distraction caused by Vegeta hence, was crucial to allow Gohan to deliver the final blow. As a SSJ3 however, Gohan would have absolutely no issue.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:50 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:If Teen Gohan had transformed into a Super Saiyan 3 following his father and Future Trunks' deaths during the Cell Games, would he have won against Super Perfect Cell without having to have both Goku and Vegeta to help him?
If Teen Gohan turned into a Super Saiyan 3, his power would be 4x SSJ2, allowing him to easily vaporize Cell without the help of Goku and Vegeta. After Perfect Cell regenerated from 1 cell into Super Perfect Cell, he had the aura of an SSJ2. Hence, Super Perfect Cell also turned into an SSJ2. Given that Perfect Cell was already stronger than SSJ Gohan, multiplying both sides by 2, shows that Super Perfect Cell > SSJ2 Gohan even if Gohan didn't get injured. The distraction caused by Vegeta hence, was crucial to allow Gohan to deliver the final blow. As a SSJ3 however, Gohan would have absolutely no issue.
Cell was. It 2x as powerful. Super Perfect Cell had to sneak attack to hurt Gohan and then he still couldn't over power Gohan.