The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:08 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
shadowfox87 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) What if Goku discovered Great Ape, Super Saiyan, Golden Great Ape, and Super Saiyan 4 during his training with King Kai in the Saiyan Saga of Dragon Ball Z?
[spoiler]King Kai shows Goku telepathically Nappa killing his friends on Earth. This causes Goku to get angry, triggering his S-cells and turn into a Super Saiyan, multiplying his power by 50x. Goku's full power was estimated to be over 8,000. Hence, as a SSJ, it would be 8000x50=400,000. If then, somehow, his tail grew back and absorbed 17 million blutz waves, then he would turn into a Golden Oozaru. Then, if he controlled himself, he would turn into an SSJ4. His power would be greatly amplified more than just 10x, perhaps 100x. If that is the case, his power level as a SSJ4 would be 40 million, still too weak to defeat Freeza. His base would need further strengthening.[/spoiler]
Steven Bloodriver wrote:2) What if in Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks, and hours before Android 17 and Android 18 first fought the Z Fighters, Vegeta, Gohan, Krillin, Piccolo, Yamcha, Tien Shinhan, and Chiaotzu had their Potentials Unlocked by Grand Elder Guru? (With this miraculous event being made possible from Kami having a bad enough feeling to transport the Z Warriors to the Grand Elder Namekian's current location in the Otherworld.)
[spoiler]So the Earth Dragon Balls were gathered and they wished to be transported to New Namek so that their potentials could be unlocked by Guru. Gohan and Krillin already got their potentials unlocked. Yamcha, Tenshinhan, and Chaotzu would not be any stronger than Gohan after their potentials are unlocked. Piccolo and Vegeta would gain some power, but not a lot. Gohan had the most hidden potential. Given that Vegeta still hasn't learned to become a SSJ, they would all still be defeated by Androids 17 and 18 after their return to Earth.[/spoiler]
1) What if a sudden change in the past of one of the Pride Troopers belonging to Universe 11 had happened, such as both the parents and the rest of the entire village of Jiren having been saved from whoever or whatever bastard had attacked it by Hakaishin Belmod and Lady Marcarita having been present?

2) What if in the Cell Games Saga of the Dragon Ball Z Anime, Full Power Super Saiyan Goku had quickly managed to save himself, King Kai, Bubbles, and Gregory from dying at the very stubby hands of Semi-Perfect Cell’s Self-Destruction move by having used his Instant Transmission to get to Full Power Super Saiyan Gohan and the other Z Fighters before the Bio Android had went off on King Kai’s Planet in the Otherworld, with the insanely evil Super Perfect Cell making his dramatic entrance and striking down both FPSSJ Goku and Vegeta with his Full Power Death Beam, only instead of Future Trunks?
Cell needs Goku there to learn IT and get to SPC. Cell powered up so much because if a Zenkai and Goku's Cells being upgraded from saiyan saga to cell games level.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:18 pm

What if Zarbon turn good?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:53 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:What if Zarbon turn good?
I'm sure he'd be an alien version of Jewel or Caroni. He'd have to train a whole lot to be of any use to the Z Senshi. Even Yamcha is stronger than Zarbon.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:50 am

1.What if Chi-Chi also trained alongside Goku under Kami & Popo and also trained under King Kai in The Saiyan Saga and after that still trained (except when she was Pregnant with the kids) throughout Z & Super?

2. What if Black & Zamasu transformed Future Chi-Chi into a Dark Godly Strength Herald?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:43 am

ZeroDio wrote:1.What if Chi-Chi also trained alongside Goku under Kami & Popo and also trained under King Kai in The Saiyan Saga and after that still trained (except when she was Pregnant with the kids) throughout Z & Super?

2. What if Black & Zamasu transformed Future Chi-Chi into a Dark Godly Strength Herald?
Since Chi Chi was inherently strong for an Earthling like Krillin & the others then under Kami & Polo's tutelage, she probably could have improved to around Tenshinhan's level at the 23rd Tenkaichi. Under Kaio's training on his planet, Chi Chi would possibly be as high as Piccolo was against Nappa. If she kept training throughout Z & Super then Chi Chi could potentially be stronger than Pre-ROSAT Kid Gohan.

If Chi Chi had an outside influence like Zamasu & Black further increasing her power then she could reach a level stronger than Base Saiyans from the Boo arc. Enough power to genuinely frighten Pre-SSJG ritual Goku.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:54 pm

theherodjl wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:1.What if Chi-Chi also trained alongside Goku under Kami & Popo and also trained under King Kai in The Saiyan Saga and after that still trained (except when she was Pregnant with the kids) throughout Z & Super?

Since Chi Chi was inherently strong for an Earthling like Krillin & the others then under Kami & Polo's tutelage, she probably could have improved to around Tenshinhan's level at the 23rd Tenkaichi. Under Kaio's training on his planet, Chi Chi would possibly be as high as Piccolo was against Nappa. If she kept training throughout Z & Super then Chi Chi could potentially be stronger than Pre-ROSAT Kid Gohan.

If Chi Chi had an outside influence like Zamasu & Black further increasing her power then she could reach a level stronger than Base Saiyans from the Boo arc. Enough power to genuinely frighten Pre-SSJG ritual Goku.
So to wonder to your response to my 2nd question, are you including the possibility of Zamasu using a Ritual similar to Old Kai’s Unlock Ability (or the super dragonballs) which Results In Future Chi-Chi awakening maybe something like Potential Unleashed?

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:28 am

Let's presume that, five years before the Android arc, Dr. Gero already had at least a few of them constructed (let's say A10-12) and that they had ki absorption abilities.
Considering that Dr. Gero wanted the artificial humans to completely outclass Goku and that he somehow had the ability to alter their ki, it's safe to assume that these androids would bottom out somewhere below Raditz but well above Goku or Piccolo, possibly combined if taking into account their ability to alter their power level.

This would completely change the dynamics of the series, of course, because it would alert the Saiyans (as well as Freeza) to the threat Earth poses— as far as I know, the only enemy that anyone in this organization or the general cosmos knows of being capable of absorbing ki is Majin Boo. If one of the androids can absorb enough of Raditz's energy so as to violently overpower him, Nappa and Vegeta would never learn about the Dragon Balls but Freeza would still be perturbed by such an entity existing. Not to mention that Nappa and Vegeta would most assuredly be interested in such a fight anyway, which opens the possibility of them coming to Earth and inadvertent giving the androids even more power— quadruply so if either of them is stupid enough to transform by moonlight. And in such a worst-case-scenario, there are now potentially multiple fighters whose ki could rival Freeza's in possession of spacefaring technology; that's too dangerous for Freeza to not attend to at some point, and he'd most likely nuke the planet from orbit anyway (which doesn't exactly change matters if the androids and Dr. Gero escape).

Oh, and they'd have the Dragon Balls, as long as they kept Piccolo and/or Kami alive at least.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:01 am

What if Beerus had went to Earth shortly after Raditz's death, but before Nappa and Vegeta arrive, and for some reason decide to take on the role he did in BOG, but just right after Raditz's death? Perhaps even having Whis train Krillin, Tenshinhan, Yamcha, Chiaotzu, Gohan, and Piccolo for the year before the Saiyans' arrival?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:18 pm

ZeroDio wrote:So to wonder to your response to my 2nd question, are you including the possibility of Zamasu using a Ritual similar to Old Kai’s Unlock Ability (or the super dragonballs) which Results In Future Chi-Chi awakening maybe something like Potential Unleashed?
I guess so. Zamasu & Black have enhanced capabilities beyond the typical Saiyan & Kaioshin powers we've seen. Just how far Chi Chi herself can get though, I'm really not too sure. Krillin is the best of the Earthlings in raw power alone, and he's reached some percentage of current Base Gohan's level after all the training he has been through. In theory, if Zamasu & Black could offer Chi Chi the strength gains of themselves then she most certainly could reach whichever level is convenient enough to challenge DBS Goku.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:30 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote:What if Beerus had went to Earth shortly after Raditz's death, but before Nappa and Vegeta arrive, and for some reason decide to take on the role he did in BOG, but just right after Raditz's death? Perhaps even having Whis train Krillin, Tenshinhan, Yamcha, Chiaotzu, Gohan, and Piccolo for the year before the Saiyans' arrival?
Then the Saiyans & most other threats in DBZ are doomed. Gohan would be the strongest fighter our of this list, and Whis' training could surely bring his power to a level similar to the "Ultimate" power up after a whole year of training. I even think that Chaozu, despite being the weakest member of the Z Senshi, would beat Oozaru Vegeta after a year of training with Whis. Theres is a reason that Whis is Beerus' master, and its because he is able to bring out such potential from individuals that they reach a level worthy of being a Hakaishin.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:24 pm

theherodjl wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:So to wonder to your response to my 2nd question, are you including the possibility of Zamasu using a Ritual similar to Old Kai’s Unlock Ability (or the super dragonballs) which Results In Future Chi-Chi awakening maybe something like Potential Unleashed?
I guess so. Zamasu & Black have enhanced capabilities beyond the typical Saiyan & Kaioshin powers we've seen. Just how far Chi Chi herself can get though, I'm really not too sure. Krillin is the best of the Earthlings in raw power alone, and he's reached some percentage of current Base Gohan's level after all the training he has been through. In theory, if Zamasu & Black could offer Chi Chi the strength gains of themselves then she most certainly could reach whichever level is convenient enough to challenge DBS Goku.
Well Black & Zamasu would do something like grant her a Divine Tier of Potential Unleashed then maybe use the Super Balls to fully restore her to a more youthful body (like a Young Adult age) and grant her something similar to The Saiyan’s Zenkai Boost.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:49 pm

This is one of MasakoX's What Ifs, but I wanna get you guys' perspectives. What if Gine went with Goku to Earth? How would this change the events of Dragon Ball, Z, and, Super?
Caulifla best girl! :)

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:20 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:This is one of MasakoX's What Ifs, but I wanna get you guys' perspectives. What if Gine went with Goku to Earth? How would this change the events of Dragon Ball, Z, and, Super?
It changes a lot. Gine's son would know of his heritage & abilities in full detail, and unless Gine could figure out a way to mellow Kakarot(since he wouldn't be Son Goku due to Gohan probably never discovering them) then he'd likely retain his feral nature throughout his growth. He may end up stronger than his DB/BoZ self, but the life & personality that he gained as "Son Goku" would probably be very different as Kakarot. He may end up being more of a villainous character that wants to conquer the world due to an inflated sense of pride similar to Vegeta. Gine would have a very difficult time raising her only son on an alien planet filled with mostly weaker beings.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:14 am

What if Bardock actually was a brilliant scientist?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:31 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:What if Bardock actually was a brilliant scientist?
Then he'd actually be an average fighter. :D

Joking aside, It'd be really strange thing for Bardock to be a brilliant scientist among a race of warriors that, at best, have a rudimentary degree of STEM knowledge. Bardock would either be the appraised, scientific authority of Saiyans or he'd be ostracized for being a big, lame nerd. Given that they ignored his warnings of Freeza's plan on wiping them out then it would probably be the latter.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:37 am

theherodjl wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:What if Bardock actually was a brilliant scientist?
Then he'd actually be an average fighter. :D

Joking aside, It'd be really strange thing for Bardock to be a brilliant scientist among a race of warriors that, at best, have a rudimentary degree of STEM knowledge. Bardock would either be the appraised, scientific authority of Saiyans or he'd be ostracized for being a big, lame nerd. Given that they ignored his warnings of Freeza's plan on wiping them out then it would probably be the latter.
You'd think they'd appreciate him for inventing the fake moon, though...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:21 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:You'd think they'd appreciate him for inventing the fake moon, though...
Well you know....Saiyans are hardly groomed to be appreciative or respectful. Their culture comprises of fighting, eating as much food as messily as they can, occasionally mating every now & then, and turning into giant apes every full moon. As far as maturity goes for a race, the Saiyans are still ill-mannered & developing despite having access to space travel tech. Even Vegeta, despite being the most powerful member of the regal Saiyans, is still a rude, lazy, irresponsible, and antisocial individual. Vegeta never once did appreciate his own race beyond the title of rule over them.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:35 am

What if Goku and Vegeta had been taught by Whis to successfully use Ultra Instinct in their base form (like Whis) before RoF? How would the RoF, U6, Future Trunks, and TOP Arcs play out?

Giran_Power1985

Post by Giran_Power1985 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:23 am

What if Chi Chi let Gohan both train and study before DBZ start?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:47 am

Champa The Destroyer wrote:What if Goku and Vegeta had been taught by Whis to successfully use Ultra Instinct in their base form (like Whis) before RoF? How would the RoF, U6, Future Trunks, and TOP Arcs play out?
Are you talking about if UI wasn't a transformation or a power up, but just another technique? It definitely would help a lot. Goku never would've been caught off guard by Sorbet's laser, Vegeta & Goku both wouldn't have been stabbed by Black's Ki blade, and their ToP fights prior to Jiren would've gone quite a bit smoother. Too bad that they opted for their own style of fighting than letting pure instinct take over though.