The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:24 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:What if Hit of Universe Six and Jiren of Universe Eleven had counterparts in Universe 7? And they arrived on Earth during the 25th Budokai and participated by taking the places of Jewel and Killa?
They wouldn't get passed the preliminaries. Jewel and Killa were extremely strong.
You have it the other way around, Hit or Jiren of Universe Seven would have gotten into the finals of the World Tournament. For I'm confident someone else even weaker than Hercule would beat Jewel and Killa. Like for example, myself or Umigame.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:42 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
Almighty Majin wrote:What if Baba instructed that Devilman becomes a Z-Fighter? How does the rest of the series go after that?
There wouldn't any threat.
Honestly, his Devilmite beam would probably be nullified just by a sheer quantity and power of ki once we hit the likes of Daimao. Like how Blue's paralysis and Chiaotzu's telekinesis just straight up didn't work on Tao and Nappa respectively. Enough ki in Dragon Ball usually allows you to overpower whatever technique your opponent tries.
Now, can you answer my question?
Caulifla best girl! :)

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:44 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote: There wouldn't any threat.
Honestly, his Devilmite beam would probably be nullified just by a sheer quantity and power of ki once we hit the likes of Daimao. Like how Blue's paralysis and Chiaotzu's telekinesis just straight up didn't work on Tao and Nappa respectively. Enough ki in Dragon Ball usually allows you to overpower whatever technique your opponent tries.
Nothing significant would happen, really. Devilman doesn't seem to have any significant will to increase his skills and strength. So he'd be useless pretty much immediately. It's not like he has anything to contribute outside of battle either.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:31 am

nickzambuto wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
nickzambuto wrote: Honestly, his Devilmite beam would probably be nullified just by a sheer quantity and power of ki once we hit the likes of Daimao. Like how Blue's paralysis and Chiaotzu's telekinesis just straight up didn't work on Tao and Nappa respectively. Enough ki in Dragon Ball usually allows you to overpower whatever technique your opponent tries.
Nothing significant would happen, really. Devilman doesn't seem to have any significant will to increase his skills and strength. So he'd be useless pretty much immediately. It's not like he has anything to contribute outside of battle either.
I'm talking about this question.
What if Freeza survived in Resurrection F? What would happen in Super afterwards? Would Freeza become an anti-hero?
Caulifla best girl! :)

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:23 pm

That's really not possible to answer without knowing HOW he survives. Does he escape? If he escapes, no he won't become an antihero. His hate will just be bolstered and he'll take Goku's advice to heart and train to overcome his stamina problem. At that point, Goku probably won't chase him. Goku doesn't kill people who aren't hostile or threatening. He spared Raditz, Nappa, and the Ginyus based off this. It's true that Freeza will probably make it known he intends to come back, but Goku will just get excited at the challenge.

Freeza will probably return strong enough to beat Goku and Vegeta Blue easily, and even defeat them working together after quite a show. But when they become Vegetto, Freeza (like Boo) will have had no idea just how potent the union would be, and Vegetto Blue manages to win and kill him.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:09 am

nickzambuto wrote:What if the Earthlings put up a more collaborative effort against the saiyans? Piccolo decided to not be a lone wolf for one day in his life, and the others showed up dead serious instead of overconfident. Could they have beaten Nappa? Could they have beaten Vegeta...?

Example: imagine if while Nappa was focused on Tenshinhan and Piccolo and Kuririn double-teamed him by surprise, if instead of Gohan panicking, it was Yamcha waiting on the third end with a full power Kamehameha or Sokidan, how hurt would Nappa have been?
Since none of the Z Fighters would have been able to battle even with one of the monsters alone, a Masenko from the young Gohan at Nappa and Vegeta would have just bought the rest of the Super Warriors enough time for Krillin to use the Destructo Disk to succeed in dismembering the thuggish Nappa, before Piccolo would have gotten Vegeta's attention by hitting the Prince with his quick use of the Special Beam Blast, then with Vegeta choking on his own blood from Piccolo blowing wide open his neck, Yamcha would come in and unleash his Neo Wolf Fang Fist upon the oblivious as hell Renegade Real Estate Agent, before finishing his rush with a point-blank Super Kamehameha for Tien Shinhan to bombard Vegeta with a seemingly never-ending series of powerful Tri-Beams, with Chiaotzu dealing the final blow to the barely alive and nearly immolated Vegeta with his own ultimate finishing move, the Super Dodon Blast. Saving their planet from being conquered by the vicious Saiyan Warriors: Nappa and Vegeta, and preventing many of their deaths in the process.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:09 pm

When Goku arrived to fight the saiyans, he had one Senzu left, which he gave to Kuririn and Gohan to share. Kuririn initially told Goku to save it for himself, but Goku refused.

What if Goku listened to Kuririn and saved it for himself? Gohan wasn't crippled, so Goku hands him Kuririn's body to carry as Kinto'un takes them to Kame House. Now Goku's only possible backup is Yajirobe, but he also gets a second wind.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:39 am

What if when Vegeta recalled Nappa from fighting Goku, instead of attacking Gohan and Kuririn, Nappa quietly went to rest and wait until Vegeta's next order?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:56 am

nickzambuto wrote:What if when Vegeta recalled Nappa from fighting Goku, instead of attacking Gohan and Kuririn, Nappa quietly went to rest and wait until Vegeta's next order?
I don't know if he would recover or gain that much power. If anything he would be half his original health. But with a small gain in power, since he didn't get his ass kicked by goku. So he would rise from 4000-8000 to 5000-9000.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:57 am

What if Jiren landed to universe's earth instead of Goku? How would the manga/show go from there?

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:07 am

Berserker1921 wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:What if when Vegeta recalled Nappa from fighting Goku, instead of attacking Gohan and Kuririn, Nappa quietly went to rest and wait until Vegeta's next order?
I don't know if he would recover or gain that much power. If anything he would be half his original health. But with a small gain in power, since he didn't get his ass kicked by goku. So he would rise from 4000-8000 to 5000-9000.
But what happens next?

Does Vegeta ask Nappa for help instead of transforming into an Oozaru? Would Kuririn, Gohan and Yajirobe be able to get passed Nappa in order to cut off his tail? I wasn't asking if Nappa gets a near death boost, he wasn't anywhere even close to death, and he has no way to recover anyway. No Senzu Beans or Dendes lying around for him.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:26 am

nickzambuto wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:
But what happens next?

Does Vegeta ask Nappa for help instead of transforming into an Oozaru? Would Kuririn, Gohan and Yajirobe be able to get passed Nappa in order to cut off his tail? I wasn't asking if Nappa gets a near death boost, he wasn't anywhere even close to death, and he has no way to recover anyway. No Senzu Beans or Dendes lying around for him.

Vegeta would never ask for help, even now he still hates working with others. Only on special occasions has he asked for help or fought together with others. I think Buu, Beerus, and M. Zamasu are the only times he actually wanted help.

Also if nappa went after goku, goku does a one hit or two hit knock out. And he is either again too injured to fight or unconscious. Which vegeta finds this irritating and will probably kill him like he did before.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:55 pm

What if after Piccolo and Kami merged to become the Nameless Namekian, the Dragon Balls kept existing, and became as powerful as the Black Star Dragon Balls?

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:45 pm

What if Raditz never came to Earth? Would Piccolo have ever had a chance to reform? Would he have even needed to since he never seemed to have any real desire to kill anyone other than Goku?

Kakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kakarot » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:38 pm

What if Goku and Vegeta didn't forget the Mafuba's seal?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:32 pm

Kakarot wrote:What if Goku and Vegeta didn't forget the Mafuba's seal?
Trunks seals Zamasu. Goku and vegeta work together, killing goku black or send him through that hole in space Black created. They then give the jar to Beerus and whis.

Maybe we see goku black again for the tournament of power if he is launched through that cut in the universe.

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Onibaku » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:55 pm

Gligarman wrote:What if Raditz never came to Earth? Would Piccolo have ever had a chance to reform? Would he have even needed to since he never seemed to have any real desire to kill anyone other than Goku?
Raditz never coming to earth would prevent a whole lot of stuff. Piccolo would still strive to kill Goku, the invasion of Vegeta and Nappa never happens, Goku never dies thus never learns Kaioken etc. Basically Raditz coming to Earth is the birth of Dragon Ball Z.

The better "what if" question is, what if Raditz was given proper development and relevance. Him being part of the Z fighters would've been dope as hell to see as well, and him possibly killing Nappa instead of Vegeta to prove that he's not the same weak Raditz. Dunno but Raditz going so quick always feels like a wasted potential

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:37 pm

Kakarot wrote:What if Goku and Vegeta didn't forget the Mafuba's seal?
Future Zamasu would remain sealed in the jar, leaving Black alone.

Truthfully, the outcome wouldn't be as onesided as some may think. Even without his immortal partner, Goku Black was seen handling both SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta just fine. His endless legion of clones created by 'The Work of the Gods' technique (equal in power to the original nonetheless) overwhelmed Goku and Vegeta and had them cornered. It doesn't matter how much Goku and Vegeta tried, there were just too many clones and they didn't know how to somehow close the rift and put a stop to that constant stream of clones (and, on top of the rift summoning a constant stream of new clones, the already existing clones could also regenerate). Black himself states that his power had somehow surpassed even his own divine comprehension. Truly, the only reason why Black didn't just finish off the exhausted Goku and Vegeta is because he wanted them to get stronger first through the anger caused by the death of their loved ones.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:49 am

What-If Jiren was the fighter that bested Beerus (if Beerus wasn't lying) all those years ago and lived in Universe 7 this whole time? Would this change events?

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:28 pm

Gligarman wrote:What if Raditz never came to Earth? Would Piccolo have ever had a chance to reform? Would he have even needed to since he never seemed to have any real desire to kill anyone other than Goku?
1. Piccolo and Goku would still be enemies since Gohan wouldn't have a reason to meet Piccolo.

2. Goku doesn't die, so he never meets King Kai nor those he learn Spirit Bomb and KaioKen.

3. Vegeta and Nappa never come to Earth either, so most Z-fighters don't die.

4. Trunks would have never existed since Vegeta never meets Bulma nor becomes a Z-fighter.

5. Frieza never learns of the Dragonballs so no trip to Namek.

6. All the Z-fighters (who would be MASSIVELY weaker) gets killed by the (weaker than canon but still stronger than the Z-team) androids. Even if Bulma herself goes back in time to warn them of the threat, Goku is simply too weak to make a difference in this scenario.

7. Cell (who would be MUCH weaker) would only have the dna of Goku, Piccolo and Tien.

8. Babidi and Dabura would never come to Earth since no one would have PLs high enough to resurrect Buu.

9. Beerus never awakens from his sleep since there would be no one with the potential to succeed him.

10. Due to the low mortal PL of U7, Zeno erases the universe from existence since Goku would never meet Zeno and convince him to reconsider.

The End.