The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:14 am

What if Zamasu and Goku Black were in the Tournament of Power on the Universe 10 team?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:07 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:What if Zamasu and Goku Black were in the Tournament of Power on the Universe 10 team?
Well, I don't think Zamasu could participate because he is a god. If Goku Black was there, even though he is still Zamasu but could pass as ningen, I think he would be a serious contendent, one of the top tier ones probably. Personally, I love the idea.
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:18 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:What if Zamasu and Goku Black were in the Tournament of Power on the Universe 10 team?
Jiren throws him out.

teengohanisbawse11

Post by teengohanisbawse11 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:48 am

What if Vegeta was sent to Earth? In the Baby Saga in GT, would Baby possess Goku and Vegeta go SSJ4 to beat Baby Goku?

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:18 pm

What if Android 16 was wished back to life with 17 and Trunks?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:00 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Android 16 was wished back to life with 17 and Trunks?
16 would work with 17 as rangers. Would have possibly assisted in some way against Majin Buu. And would probably replace Tien or Roshi for the Multiuniversal Tournament.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:39 am

Berserker1921 wrote:16 would work with 17 as rangers.
I can imagine 16 berating (in his soft, monotone way) 17 over how to properly care for animals whilst on the job. Although I'm not sure how well 16 would be able to assimilate to a normal life given his rather armoured appearance!

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:38 am

Berserker1921 wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Majin Buu did wake up, but Freeza still joined the team, and replaced either Roshi, or Tien?
By super logic after training for a couple hours; buu has become at least Buutenks level. I am not joking look at Frieza. 4 months of punching a dude and he is above current ssj blue goku. Since buu is thousands of times stronger then what Frieza used too be. This makes sense. He prob replace tien. I mean no offense. Krillin has the super solar flare and is tricky. Roshi has mafuba that he can use to send one or a couple people flying off the ring. Tien has a very powerful technique of the Tri-Beam. But in a tournament where having lots of stamina and outsmarting is key. Than tien is useless in every way. I mean roshi was implied to be stronger than him now. Buu can regenerate, absorb, turn people into candy, and learn skills much easier than most.
I dont understand this post because wasnt Krillin eliminated when you made this? But we can revisit this ramble.

We never got to see skinny Buus full power in the sparing match with Goku. Its funny just because Goku didnt transform you dont rank Buu higher than base Goku? Goku wasnt there to go all out. It was a test of skill. And Goku lost. All through Super Buu has been talked about like some kind of god. He was the strongest against Beerus besides Vegeta. When ROF came around even with Gohan there. Krillin said atleast we have Buu. As if Buu would be a huge turning point. In U6 arc Buu was the first to be mentioned with excitement by Goku. Buu was a no brainer to bring to the preliminaries. Again hes portrayed as the 3rd strongest. But your reasoning seems to be based solely on Toeis recruitment arc, which in terms of canon and power scaling was ridiculous.

Piccolo didnt suddenly leap frog Buu. Piccolo was seen going toe to toe with SS2 Gohan. So that just makes Buu that much stronger. Again neither Goku or Buu were sparing at max.

Krillins solar flare ×100 was a dud in the tournament. Tiens solar flare actually did something. Tien also knows the mafuba so I dont know where you get off saying its useful for Roshi but somehow exclude Tien. Also a smart person would see that Roshis witchcraft power was a buff for that episode. If he was on base Gokus level he wouldnt be using those unique techniques like lightning shock and Mafuba. He would actually be able to trade fist with some fighters. Also Roshi admits he cant fly after episode 89. Which proves again those witchcraft powers were not his. Oh and not to mention Toshio DBS writer said Roshi is not stronger than Tien.

You talk about smarts and stamina. Tien is a master. Who is constantly meditating, studying, and training his body and mind. The person with the worst stamina and smart would be the guy whos shown through out hes hesistant and proned to be cowardly. The guy who did not train for 12 years. Who? Thats Krillin. And Super showed his lack of focus got him first eliminated. Roshi will end up lasting 6 more episodes. And no sign of Tien being eliminated. So whos useless in every way?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:17 pm

Rubens wrote:
Well, I don't think Zamasu could participate because he is a god. If Goku Black was there, even though he is still Zamasu but could pass as ningen, I think he would be a serious contendent, one of the top tier ones probably. Personally, I love the idea.
Also it would make the tournament far more interesting with a guy like Black in the middle of the fighting.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:21 pm

teengohanisbawse11 wrote:What if Vegeta was sent to Earth? In the Baby Saga in GT, would Baby possess Goku and Vegeta go SSJ4 to beat Baby Goku?
That's a toughie; in a fan manga that asked this same question. Let's assume vegeta who was much stronger than goku to begin with trained in all the similar styles and teachers as goku. And let's say goku takes the vegeta role.

Vegeta would probably be able to defeat baby goku with his ssj3 form. Since he would kaioken, instant transmission, had a boost from the gravity room, and knows the spirit bomb. He would slaughter him

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Black would join and easily be U10's best fighter. He would not care at all about his fighters and would use them as bait or even throw them out. What would stop him from being disqualified would be the saiyan blood now running through him. He would want to face the strongest opponents possible and become stronger.

I imagine Frieza would have a hard on for him. As he would try to kill him since he looks like goku. They would tussle. As powerful as Frieza is if the battle continues. Black would become the victor and ultimately send Frieza off the ring.

I imagine Black, Jiren, Goku, and Hit being the final fighters of this tournament. Unless black can increase in power quick enough or discover Hit's time skip in time. He either loses to Hit after a good battle or Jiren eliminates him before he becomes too strong.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:34 pm

What If Vegeta (end of Z)'s mind transported back to his younger self in the Cell games? Would vegeta try to change anything? If anything ww he attempt to be Goku's superior?
Last edited by Berserker1921 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:43 pm

KBABZ wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:16 would work with 17 as rangers.
I can imagine 16 berating (in his soft, monotone way) 17 over how to properly care for animals whilst on the job. Although I'm not sure how well 16 would be able to assimilate to a normal life given his rather armoured appearance!
16 would be the kind guy that always spends times with animals. While 17 would do as he does in Super; scaring off poachers by force.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:46 pm

What-If they used the dragon balls to turn everyone on earth into saiyans (but everyone kept they're human personalities)? Would Krillin and Yamacha suddenly get major power boost because of the beating they have received over the years?

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:33 pm

You know for as weak as Krillin, Yamcha and Tien seem to be, I feel like they're not incapable due to their race, just "behind". Krillin and Tien in the Cell saga are probably tough enough to take on Raditz or maybe even Nappa, right?

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:26 am

What if humans had the potential to be usefull,

Say not as much potential as a saiyan, bit are able to keep up to at least 20-33% of the saiyans power throughout the series?

Vegetes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegetes » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:38 am

KBABZ wrote:You know for as weak as Krillin, Yamcha and Tien seem to be, I feel like they're not incapable due to their race, just "behind". Krillin and Tien in the Cell saga are probably tough enough to take on Raditz or maybe even Nappa, right?
Yeah they could take em' easily, hell, Tien and Krillin could most likely could take Raditz When they were fighting Nappa

Personally Cell saga Krillin to me is stronger than Ginyu and Tien was Roughly 20% Frieza or less imo.

But they for sure could easily beat Nappa by the cell saga.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:16 pm

Vegetes wrote:
KBABZ wrote:You know for as weak as Krillin, Yamcha and Tien seem to be, I feel like they're not incapable due to their race, just "behind". Krillin and Tien in the Cell saga are probably tough enough to take on Raditz or maybe even Nappa, right?
Yeah they could take em' easily, hell, Tien and Krillin could most likely could take Raditz When they were fighting Nappa

Personally Cell saga Krillin to me is stronger than Ginyu and Tien was Roughly 20% Frieza or less imo.

But they for sure could easily beat Nappa by the cell saga.
The humans in the cell saga I have comparable to Frieza saga base Goku.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:23 pm

What if?

Instead of gaining the Potential Unlock from Elder Kai's dance Gohan instead gains SSJ4.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:00 pm

Gog wrote:What if?

Instead of gaining the Potential Unlock from Elder Kai's dance Gohan instead gains SSJ4.

Gohan would instead be 4000-5000x his base. So he would be pretty powerful and everyone would be in a lot of trouble if buu absorbed him.