The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:36 am

What if Dr. Gero did watch the battles on Namek. What DNA would Cell have?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:03 am

He would know about Goku's ssj. So he and the other androids would be significantly more powerful. Cell would be significantly more powerful absorbing the cells of ssj goku and the various other aliens. Cell would have Darbura and Zarbon's powers. He would also have all the ginyu forces techniques. Which the body change would be very dangerous

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:40 am

Berserker1921 wrote:He would know about Goku's ssj. So he and the other androids would be significantly more powerful. Cell would be significantly more powerful absorbing the cells of ssj goku and the various other aliens. Cell would have Darbura and Zarbon's powers. He would also have all the ginyu forces techniques. Which the body change would be very dangerous
How could he have Dabura's powers? He hadn't been to Earth yet.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:01 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:He would know about Goku's ssj. So he and the other androids would be significantly more powerful. Cell would be significantly more powerful absorbing the cells of ssj goku and the various other aliens. Cell would have Darbura and Zarbon's powers. He would also have all the ginyu forces techniques. Which the body change would be very dangerous
How could he have Dabura's powers? He hadn't been to Earth yet.
Sorry. I meant Doroia. Haha

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:40 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:What if Dr. Gero did watch the battles on Namek. What DNA would Cell have?
Masakox's what if goku went as early basicly happens.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:05 pm

What if Yamcha and Maron become a couple after being dumped by Bulma and Krillin ?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:09 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Yamcha and Maron become a couple after being dumped by Bulma and Krillin ?
They have a cute kid that looks like trunks but is almost as horrible as his dad.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:33 am

Berserker1921 wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Yamcha and Maron become a couple after being dumped by Bulma and Krillin ?
They have a cute kid that looks like trunks but is almost as horrible as his dad.
Or as dumb as his mother. :lol:

Olympian
Regular

Post by Olympian » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:43 am

The kid would actually be raised as something akin a son, I wager.
Ki Breaker wrote:

Yamcha + Roshi = Yamoshi

Coincidence? I think not

hunduel
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hunduel » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:17 pm

I think they'd probably break up or divorce before the Buu Saga if they'd get together during the Cell Saga. I say this because that would keep the motivation of Krillin saving C18.

HOWEVER, if he still had Maron during the Cell Saga, then the overall arc could have been different by Krillin pushing the button, thus making Cell unable to reach its perfect form. Speaking of Yamcha and Maron, if they'd started dating by the time Buu Saga starts (or just a year before that), they probably could have changed enough to take things a bit more seriously and have a more mature kind of relationship.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:05 am

What if instead of Frieza the 10th man was GT Goku from when he leaves with Shenron.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:31 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:What if instead of Frieza the 10th man was GT Goku from when he leaves with Shenron.
It wouldn't make any sense if that happened, but I guess it wouldn't change much: we have two Gokus in the same team, but one stronger than another, I believe current Golden Freeza is stronger than Beyond Limits SSJ4 Goku, so U7 loses a significant power difference on their team.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:31 am

Noah wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:What if instead of Frieza the 10th man was GT Goku from when he leaves with Shenron.
It wouldn't make any sense if that happened, but I guess it wouldn't change much: we have two Gokus in the same team, but one stronger than another, I believe current Golden Freeza is stronger than Beyond Limits SSJ4 Goku, so U7 loses a significant power difference on their team.
What-If Jiren and the Pride Troopers learned of Zamasu/Black in Future timeline? And went after him? Would this greatly help out goku and the gang?

hunduel
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hunduel » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:41 am

Berserker1921 wrote:What-If Jiren and the Pride Troopers learned of Zamasu/Black in Future timeline? And went after him? Would this greatly help out goku and the gang?
It depends WHEN did they decide to help him. If they only arrived for the last battle, then Jiren could probably help them out against Black, but if he didn't finish him fast he'd go incredibly strong and probably could even break its limits. Zamasu was never that much of a worthy opponent to begin with, so anyone could go against him (they just couldn't kill him). I guess they'd have an advantage over him just by sheer numbers, but the overall outcome would not be different at all.
The problem with it would be that while SSJ4 Goku would be kind of strong, if we judge by Super's power scaling and the whole continuity (as GT being a different timeline as hinted in XV) , it would still be no match for SSB. While this Goku would have some potential too, they barely have enough time to train him to be a match for the others.

HOWEVER, even if SSJ4 is not as strong as SSB, there could be an interesting shenanigan of dressing both Gokus in the same style and using the SSJ4 one to be a decoy for many opponents (as they probably want to eliminate Goku just like they actually tried originally).

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:43 pm

What if Toyotaro gave Goku an Elder Kai ritual form so that he could stack Kaioken on top of a new state that looked like his base? Do you think that it would replace Mastery of Self Movement like Trunks wasn't given Super Saiyan Anger in the manga? Could it be a joint Kaioshin ritual instead of a joint energy Genki-dama?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:23 am

Desassina wrote:What if Toyotaro gave Goku an Elder Kai ritual form so that he could stack Kaioken on top of a new state that looked like his base? Do you think that it would replace Mastery of Self Movement like Trunks wasn't given Super Saiyan Anger in the manga? Could it be a joint Kaioshin ritual instead of a joint energy Genki-dama?
Idk if goku or even vegeta would have gained that much power from it. I remember Whis claimed that the spirit bomb broke goku out of his shell. So gave the notion that he is limitless now. I mean if got it after the tournament. I imagine goku would be way more powerful. Maybe, maybe near Angel level.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:34 am

What if the Other Z Fighters (Piccolo, Krillin, Tenshinhan, Yamcha, and even Chiaotzu) learned the Kaioken, and actually mastered it that way they don't kill themselves?

hunduel
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hunduel » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:40 pm

Desassina wrote:What if Toyotaro gave Goku an Elder Kai ritual form so that he could stack Kaioken on top of a new state that looked like his base? Do you think that it would replace Mastery of Self Movement like Trunks wasn't given Super Saiyan Anger in the manga? Could it be a joint Kaioshin ritual instead of a joint energy Genki-dama?
I think it would be not as strong as Ultra Instinct, but the main question is that is Ultra Instinct gonna be a permanent transformation or something that will be only available in temporarily in only a few situations. If that's the case, then a kaioken-topped ultimate form, while somewhat weaker, at least it could be a new form that would be something like a "True God" form and an advancement over the current SSB. The main question is, again, that something like that could be stacked with Kaio-ken.
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if the Other Z Fighters (Piccolo, Krillin, Tenshinhan, Yamcha, and even Chiaotzu) learned the Kaioken, and actually mastered it that way they don't kill themselves?
Now that's a tough question, as it cannot be answered easily.

- If they cannot reach Kaio-ken x20, but x10, they may still be somewhat improved and may be a bit more useful, but not as radically as the saiyans still. Piccolo would definitely be the MVP, as his base power is so strong that Saiyans in the corresponding saga are not even a match in original SSJ anymore.
- If they can reach Kaio-ken x20, they might have a chance against some of the minor antagonists in the series, but as realistically they may only use it during the Cell Saga, the Androids would still be a threat to them. The humans are extremely underpowered still in this scenario, especially in the very early parts. BUT here's the twist: this amount of boost (if they are get used to it) may be enough for them to actually consider training in the RoSaT and improve there. While they may not be strong enough to take on Cell itself, they would be able to held their own against the Cell Jrs and probably would be able to handle later minor villains too later. The problem is, RoSaT was introduced too late and was always considered when the big bad appeared in solo, thus not helping humans too much. With additional Fusion, they could have been really decent warriors. Again, the problem is the lack of minor villains. Piccolo is an entirely different story, that amount of power would match SSJ forms too, but the question is that could he use it like Humans (or he would be better, or worse in it?)
- If they can reach Kaio-ken x50 (so "Super Kaio-ken" or "Kaio-ken over the limit" or something like that), nothing really changes in the early parts but the RoSaT training would probably be a bit more effective this way very much. Also the Buu Saga's early segment could have been very different. Again, Piccolo is an exception and probably would be the best candidate against Cell post-RoSaT.

Now as I said, Piccolo is an exception as his base power as a Super Namek was incredibly strong, even stronger than pre-RoSaT SSJs. Because of this, a transformation/form stacked over it would result in an extremely powerful being. Now the question is that if, for example, Humans can handle KKx20, could Piccolo handle it too? In fact, could he use it too or the different biology would make it impossible for him to use? If the conditions would be great and he could learn the basics, in my opinion, he could even go further with KK than any other humans, probably thanks to how well they can regenerate in general.

I'm in a good mood, so if any of you have a what-if question, post it and I'll (try to) answer all of them. :)

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:30 pm

hunduel wrote:
I think it would be not as strong as Ultra Instinct, but the main question is that is Ultra Instinct gonna be a permanent transformation or something that will be only available in temporarily in only a few situations. If that's the case, then a kaioken-topped ultimate form, while somewhat weaker, at least it could be a new form that would be something like a "True God" form and an advancement over the current SSB. The main question is, again, that something like that could be stacked with Kaio-ken.
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if the Other Z Fighters (Piccolo, Krillin, Tenshinhan, Yamcha, and even Chiaotzu) learned the Kaioken, and actually mastered it that way they don't kill themselves?
Now that's a tough question, as it cannot be answered easily.

- If they cannot reach Kaio-ken x20, but x10, they may still be somewhat improved and may be a bit more useful, but not as radically as the saiyans still. Piccolo would definitely be the MVP, as his base power is so strong that Saiyans in the corresponding saga are not even a match in original SSJ anymore.
- If they can reach Kaio-ken x20, they might have a chance against some of the minor antagonists in the series, but as realistically they may only use it during the Cell Saga, the Androids would still be a threat to them. The humans are extremely underpowered still in this scenario, especially in the very early parts. BUT here's the twist: this amount of boost (if they are get used to it) may be enough for them to actually consider training in the RoSaT and improve there. While they may not be strong enough to take on Cell itself, they would be able to held their own against the Cell Jrs and probably would be able to handle later minor villains too later. The problem is, RoSaT was introduced too late and was always considered when the big bad appeared in solo, thus not helping humans too much. With additional Fusion, they could have been really decent warriors. Again, the problem is the lack of minor villains. Piccolo is an entirely different story, that amount of power would match SSJ forms too, but the question is that could he use it like Humans (or he would be better, or worse in it?)
- If they can reach Kaio-ken x50 (so "Super Kaio-ken" or "Kaio-ken over the limit" or something like that), nothing really changes in the early parts but the RoSaT training would probably be a bit more effective this way very much. Also the Buu Saga's early segment could have been very different. Again, Piccolo is an exception and probably would be the best candidate against Cell post-RoSaT.

Now as I said, Piccolo is an exception as his base power as a Super Namek was incredibly strong, even stronger than pre-RoSaT SSJs. Because of this, a transformation/form stacked over it would result in an extremely powerful being. Now the question is that if, for example, Humans can handle KKx20, could Piccolo handle it too? In fact, could he use it too or the different biology would make it impossible for him to use? If the conditions would be great and he could learn the basics, in my opinion, he could even go further with KK than any other humans, probably thanks to how well they can regenerate in general.

I'm in a good mood, so if any of you have a what-if question, post it and I'll (try to) answer all of them. :)
1) What if instead of close to a year, the Saiyans had taken 2 years to reach the Earth, would Goku and the others have stood a better chance at defeating their enemies? Especially if Gohan and Piccolo had joined the other Z Fighters on Earth to train at Kami's Lookout in the second year?

2) What if during the first meeting of Goku and Future Trunks, would Goku reading the mind of Future Trunks, like how he had done with Krillin on Planet Namek, have changed anything? Would this have lead to Goku using the Dragon Balls of his timeline to revive and bring the deceased Future Z Fighters to his Planet Earth?

hunduel
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hunduel » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:12 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) What if instead of close to a year, the Saiyans had taken 2 years to reach the Earth, would Goku and the others have stood a better chance at defeating their enemies? Especially if Gohan and Piccolo had joined the other Z Fighters on Earth to train at Kami's Lookout in the second year?
Hmm, that's a really interesting scenario. It really depends on one thing: if Goku's training with King Kai for only one year (because they could complete the training within a year), or if he could improve a bit more if he stayed an additional year. Let me take apart those two situations.

- In the first case. Goku only trains one year with King Kai. His power level is the same as before, but he arrives just in time because they still have a year to train. Everyone else remains the same, but here's the catch: they now can train with a somewhat overpowered Goku, AND have a free year even to use the Dragon Balls if they insist. I'm not so sure if he would teach the Kaio-ken to anyone else, but that could also be the case if we really want to go what-if. The team would definitely be much stronger by this time, and while only Goku would be on probably the level of Vegeta, everyone else would easily be able to handle Saibamen and the humans together could probably take out Nappa too. Remember: just within a year (or less than a year) they were even to Raditz, who was incredibly strong compared to previous DB power levels, the amount and type of training they did here definitely could have done miracles if they had an additional year.
- In the second case, Goku stays with King Kai. Even if he didn't learn any new techniques, the way he could train there definitely was superior to Kami's lookout, and while the others may be a bit weaker without Goku training too, Goku himself would be far superior compared to Vegeta, and especially Nappa.

The humans learning Kaio-ken would be really interesting, but as they did not learn it later, I think it's because they could not handle it while they were alive. (Now the real question is that why King Kai didn't teach them while they were in the Other World... that's another story :P)
Steven Bloodriver wrote:2) What if during the first meeting of Goku and Future Trunks, would Goku reading the mind of Future Trunks, like how he had done with Krillin on Planet Namek, have changed anything? Would this have lead to Goku using the Dragon Balls of his timeline to revive and bring the deceased Future Z Fighters to his Planet Earth?
I don't think it would change so much, except one thing: Goku would SEE the androids, and tell them about. Now it may not sound so important at all, but remember, if they knew how they looked like, this may would have gain an advantage not just by knowing their enemy, but also by knowing that the first "set" of androids were not the one they were looking for. While it is definitely not a radical change, the storytelling could be kind of different thanks to it (like instead of waiting for the androids, they'd themselves looking for them already).