The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:25 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Future Trunks was in the Tournament of Power, and replaced Tenshinhan?
Then they would have at least 5 warriors stronger than ssj God level. Goku, vegeta, trunks, Frieza, and 17. They're team would be much stronger and they're chances increase dramatically. Frieza would hate trunks and might try to sabotage him when ever he could. However they would have better chances of tiring out Jiren or weakening him up for a win

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:33 am

Nobody answered my question about Raditz.
Caulifla best girl! :)

hunduel
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hunduel » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:17 pm

As again, if you have any "what if" questions, feel free to quote me so I will do my best to answer them as detailed as possible.
miguelnuva1 wrote:What if Kale and Caulifla were sent to Earth with Goku as a Baby and Cabba grew up with Vegeta.
To make this scenario make sense, we have to make sure that Goku was sent to Earth as a "last resort" along with baby Kale and Caulifla in order to save the saiyan race from extinction, not to conquer Earth. Also, there are two scenarios which can happen based on one thing you forgot to mention: if they were sent together, or separately.
In the first scenario, they are not only training together since the beginning, but they are really close friends and definitely would join Goku in his journey from the beginning. This would mean more useful saiyans with even more potential, so Goku not only will be motivated to train even more in the DB saga, but also will be powerful. They may even be even as strong as Raditz when he arrives, beat him and would may be even persuade him to join their side.

The first problem occurs when Vegeta, Nappa and Cabba arrives. Since in this scenario Cabba somewhat replaces Tarbles, I think he would be a more timid one and would probably even chicken out from fighting against the Z Warriors. The thing is, that they either may or may not be powerful enough to defeat Vegeta on their own, but I think what would've happened is that Goku would simply sacrifice himself here INSTEAD of doing it against Raditz. It would probably make his training at King Kai's place even more effective, but the whole "Goku has to arrive" scenario would probably be a bit more late - in fact, I think he'd probably had arrived when Frieza is on the planet. Which makes all of the other battles more exciting and more equal. No sudden "deus ex machina" until the final battle, only the Z Warriors and them.

Speaking of the latter, I think the amount of travelers to Namek would be much more, as the fight against the three saiyans would be not only more equal, but even Nappa and Cabba would have survived (while Nappa is questionable, I left him in this case just because it makes it even more exciting). Which means that, for example, if Yamcha and Tien travelled with Krillin, Bulma, and the saiyan girls, then when they join forces with Vegeta, they'd probably have even more companions.

Now the main question is: would we have Gohan? If so, would Chi Chi be his mother? Again, it's either stays this way, or one of the saiyan girls would be Goku's "partner" and they'd raise a child together. But for the sake of even more characters, letting Chi Chi be Goku's wife makes the story more consistent.

When could things go wrong? Well, in Namek Vegeta could have refuse to join forces with the Z Warriors if he have more companions, that's for sure. Also another thing that would make it a bit more interesting if Goku would arrive really slowly to Namek, but at least we have more people to stall until he arrives. Another thing that could have easily go wrong is Piccolo: if we don't have Gohan as a character as he was, he'd probably still be evil, especially if he was beaten easily in the Budokai Tenkaichi. Not just that, but if the three saiyans fought Raditz instead of Goku and Piccolo, then he'd probably still be the same as he was at the end of DB. Because of this, he could either be completely evil until the end, or simply die somewhere in the story - which means no dragon balls for a reeeeaally long time.

The second scenario is a bit more interesting, but more vanilla in a way that it would not change the story too much: if they are completely separated. They may have first met each other by the time Vegeta and Nappa (with Cabba) arrives, and it would make their relationship kind of neutral, and even the saiyan girls would probably be more neutral characters by the time they are introduced instead of being completely good.
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:This is one of Masakox's What ifs, but I wanna get you guys' perspectives on this. What if Raditz turned good? Would he have helped the Z Fighters fight Vegeta and Nappa? Would he eventually become a Super Saiyan? Would he and Goku/Kakarot bond well as brothers? Would he have hooked up with Launch? (Ooh)
I think MasakoX did a really good job with that What if, and even the "Break through the Limit" fanfic is another good read if you want to see a "Raditz as a good guy" scenario. I think he'd probably try to join forces with Vegeta and Nappa first, but would be ridiculed by them and would become so pissed off that he'd (first temporarily) join forces with the other Z Warriors. To make this scenario work, Raditz has to realize that he was wrong when he dodges the Special Beam Cannon while Goku still dying, so the story would go consistently instead of causing a loop hole.

If that happened, I think Raditz abusing some kind of Oozaru-related form (like a Semi-Oozaru with more of a human size, but with the power of the beast) to make him more stand out and being more unique compared to the others who all had their classic SSJ. Like a SSJ4, but on par with SSJ later on the series and not much, much stronger.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:16 pm

hunduel wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:This is one of Masakox's What ifs, but I wanna get you guys' perspectives on this. What if Raditz turned good? Would he have helped the Z Fighters fight Vegeta and Nappa? Would he eventually become a Super Saiyan? Would he and Goku/Kakarot bond well as brothers? Would he have hooked up with Launch? (Ooh)
I think MasakoX did a really good job with that What if, and even the "Break through the Limit" fanfic is another good read if you want to see a "Raditz as a good guy" scenario. I think he'd probably try to join forces with Vegeta and Nappa first, but would be ridiculed by them and would become so pissed off that he'd (first temporarily) join forces with the other Z Warriors. To make this scenario work, Raditz has to realize that he was wrong when he dodges the Special Beam Cannon while Goku still dying, so the story would go consistently instead of causing a loop hole.

If that happened, I think Raditz abusing some kind of Oozaru-related form (like a Semi-Oozaru with more of a human size, but with the power of the beast) to make him more stand out and being more unique compared to the others who all had their classic SSJ. Like a SSJ4, but on par with SSJ later on the series and not much, much stronger.
Do you think he would hook up with Launch?

hunduel
Not-So-Newbie

Post by hunduel » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:09 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:
hunduel wrote:

Do you think he would hook up with Launch?
Yes and no. Here's my scenario for it:

In order to make her appearance less confusing (especially after SSJ being introduced), at the very end of DB or at the beginning of DBZ, I'd include a scene where their wish to separate Launch to be two completely different individuals instead of one person sharing the same body. This way, we'd have two Launch: one with the blue hair, and one with the blonde. The blonde is more obsessed with Tien and them staying and travelling together would have made much more sense than hooking up her with Raditz, even though saiyans are indeed attracted by "bad girls".

To make it a bit more interesting (and "good" Launch a more living character), giving her more wit and her own goals would make her somewhat stand out and yet separate her from her "alter" ego. This, and her caring nature would probably affect a damaged (and broken) Raditz enough to choose her instead of anyone else. Not only she'd make a good housewife, but also them building a home none of them really had previously and both of them starting a completely new life would fit both Raditz and blue-hair Launch too in this specific case.

In other words: yes, Raditz would choose Launch, but in a kind of different way than any other "what if" scenarios showed to us.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:34 am

What if someone recruited an army of Zenos from different timelines and convinced them all that the two Zenos running the Tournament of Power and all of the angels were evil?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

jedi486

Post by jedi486 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:06 pm

What If Goku Never Got the Heart Virus?

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:33 pm

Didn't watch the video, but the obvious answer to "what if Goku never got the heart virus" is that he gets killed by the Androids rather than the virus in the future timeline, Trunks still comes back to warn him about the Androids, etc...

First actual change would be that he's not weakened and sick during the #19 fight and so Vegeta doesn't have to step in. Seeing this, Dr. Gero figures that the other Saiyans can probably go Super Saiyan as well and immediately takes off running to his lab since he knows he can't handle two of them at once, and just like in the normal story he makes it to the lab first and has already activated #17 and #18 (and gotten killed by them) before the others catch up to him. The twins then activate #16... and unfortunately for Goku, #16 is still in "kill Goku" mode when they first meet this time around, rather than having changed his mind thanks to his run-ins with Cell. #18 beats up Vegeta as usual, #17 steps in and knocks everyone else out when they try to get involved, and #16 quite possibly kills Goku unless he realizes that #16 is way too strong for him ahead of time and decides to instant-transmission himself away from the scene before that can happen. If Goku escapes, everything goes pretty much as normal with the Androids roaming around trying to find him and then Cell turning up and shifting everyone's focus to him -- the only possible change is that Goku would be hiding out on Kami's lookout rather than sick in bed, he might even insist on getting his year-day of training in before Vegeta's after seeing how strong #16 is. If that's the case, maybe it'd be Goku who lets Cell get to his perfect form instead of Vegeta -- or maybe Cell gets finished off in his second form by an already-pretty-much-Cell-Games-level Goku. Tien might die if Goku's still in the room training when he would normally have swooped in to save him. If Cell gets killed in "semi-perfect" form, it's hard to say if #17 would get revived, since the only one likely to do it is Krillin (and even then #18 would probably have to convince him to wish her brother back, since they wouldn't have the entire Cell saga to get a more positive opinion of the Androids -- and #16 actually trying to kill Goku would make that a whole lot harder to do.) But #16 would survive since Perfect Cell never happened, and he'd probably end up either living with #18 and Krillin or taking off into the wilderness to live among his birds and squirrels (and, if #17 got revived, they'd meet up and be park rangers together at some point in the future.)

If Goku dies, nobody knows about the possibility of getting a year of training in a day and Cell probably kills everyone if neither "Kamiccolo" or #16 (or a hypothetical Super Saiyan Gohan, since he probably would get a huge rage boost and go Super Saiyan for the first time upon finding out that the Androids killed his dad) can finish him off before he powers up too much.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:59 pm

What if Bulma creates Ex-fusion armbands from fusions game in the Cell saga? How do things play out? (If you don't know, Ex fusion allows permanent fusion between users as long as they are on. However only give a slight boost to the fusion dance and weaker than porta earrings)

jedi486

Post by jedi486 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:29 am

Pantalones wrote:Didn't watch the video, but the obvious answer to "what if Goku never got the heart virus" is that he gets killed by the Androids rather than the virus in the future timeline, Trunks still comes back to warn him about the Androids, etc...

First actual change would be that he's not weakened and sick during the #19 fight and so Vegeta doesn't have to step in. Seeing this, Dr. Gero figures that the other Saiyans can probably go Super Saiyan as well and immediately takes off running to his lab since he knows he can't handle two of them at once, and just like in the normal story he makes it to the lab first and has already activated #17 and #18 (and gotten killed by them) before the others catch up to him. The twins then activate #16... and unfortunately for Goku, #16 is still in "kill Goku" mode when they first meet this time around, rather than having changed his mind thanks to his run-ins with Cell. #18 beats up Vegeta as usual, #17 steps in and knocks everyone else out when they try to get involved, and #16 quite possibly kills Goku unless he realizes that #16 is way too strong for him ahead of time and decides to instant-transmission himself away from the scene before that can happen. If Goku escapes, everything goes pretty much as normal with the Androids roaming around trying to find him and then Cell turning up and shifting everyone's focus to him -- the only possible change is that Goku would be hiding out on Kami's lookout rather than sick in bed, he might even insist on getting his year-day of training in before Vegeta's after seeing how strong #16 is. If that's the case, maybe it'd be Goku who lets Cell get to his perfect form instead of Vegeta -- or maybe Cell gets finished off in his second form by an already-pretty-much-Cell-Games-level Goku. Tien might die if Goku's still in the room training when he would normally have swooped in to save him. If Cell gets killed in "semi-perfect" form, it's hard to say if #17 would get revived, since the only one likely to do it is Krillin (and even then #18 would probably have to convince him to wish her brother back, since they wouldn't have the entire Cell saga to get a more positive opinion of the Androids -- and #16 actually trying to kill Goku would make that a whole lot harder to do.) But #16 would survive since Perfect Cell never happened, and he'd probably end up either living with #18 and Krillin or taking off into the wilderness to live among his birds and squirrels (and, if #17 got revived, they'd meet up and be park rangers together at some point in the future.)

If Goku dies, nobody knows about the possibility of getting a year of training in a day and Cell probably kills everyone if neither "Kamiccolo" or #16 (or a hypothetical Super Saiyan Gohan, since he probably would get a huge rage boost and go Super Saiyan for the first time upon finding out that the Androids killed his dad) can finish him off before he powers up too much.
Very interesting theory! That could definitely be possible (that Goku could let Cell get to his final form) since he even gave him a senzu bean. I guess Goku and Vegeta are both the same way. What I like about this theory is the fact that there is a possibility that 17 doesn't come back which in the long run would make a big impact. For example in the ToP arc. Maybe 16 would be the one doing all the ranger stuff. And maybe he would be the one to go to the ToP. Pretty neat, man.

jedi486

Post by jedi486 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:19 pm

What if Goku had killed Piccolo back in the World Tournament in Dragon Ball?

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:26 pm

jedi486 wrote:What if Goku had killed Piccolo back in the World Tournament in Dragon Ball?
Kami would die and the Dragon Balls would be deactivated. Killing off almost everyone in a long run.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:30 pm

What if everyone fought naked in the Tournament of Power?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:58 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if everyone fought naked in the Tournament of Power?
Roshi dies of blood loss. Due to the naked women fighting in the tournament. Everyone save for the saiyans are not ashamed of there bodies. However most males run in shame out of the ring at the mere sight of Jiren's wang. Lol

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:35 am

jedi486 wrote:What If Goku Never Got the Heart Virus?
jedi486 wrote:What if Goku had killed Piccolo back in the World Tournament in Dragon Ball?
Links to what are presumably your own videos on the matter have been removed. If you are interested in a discussion on these topics, then initiate them here with a worthwhile post on the matter. Don't just post videos in an attempt to draw views.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:37 am

What if Gohan and Caulifla participated in the Universe 6 tournament? With Gohan replacing Buu and Caulifla replacing Botamo?

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:55 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Gohan and Caulifla participated in the Universe 6 tournament? With Gohan replacing Buu and Caulifla replacing Botamo?
Nothing major happens, except that Gohan goes first, gets defeated by caulifla and Goku beats her.

Everything else remains the same.
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if everyone fought naked in the Tournament of Power?
Kale goes berserker instantly
Dragonballs die
Raditz takes Gohan away and Goku is forced to come with him. The saiyans rebel against Freeza after about one year of training and barely manage to beat Dodoria, Zarbon and cui. Thanks to a set of senzus, they heal and power-up. They go on to challenge Freeza, but they are overpowered despite numbers advantage. They transform, but Freeza also transforms and kills them easily in his second form.

Freeza rules the universe forever.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:50 pm

What if instead of 7, 10 years had gone by following the Cell Games?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:44 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:What if instead of 7, 10 years had gone by following the Cell Games?
Everyone would have been a bit stronger, save for gohan who would have been about his cell saga ssj2 by that time. Vegeta might have achieved or mastered ssj2 similar to what he did when they met Beerus. Goku would be more in control with ssj3, less issues with stamina. So by the time the buu saga happened, everyone would be doing slightly better against the bubblegum demon.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:12 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:What if instead of 7, 10 years had gone by following the Cell Games?
Everyone would have been a bit stronger, save for gohan who would have been about his cell saga ssj2 by that time. Vegeta might have achieved or mastered ssj2 similar to what he did when they met Beerus. Goku would be more in control with ssj3, less issues with stamina. So by the time the buu saga happened, everyone would be doing slightly better against the bubblegum demon.
1) Thank you for answering my earlier post, Berserker1921.

2) What if in the days before the Cell Games had began, Dende had removed the typical restrictions of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber like in Dragon Ball Super, and the Z Fighters had been able to use the new Room of Spirit and Time in this order? (Of course, with Goku this time around, getting the young Dende to Kami's Lookout and collecting the reborn Dragon Balls just moments before training with Gohan inside the former Hyperbolic Time Chamber.) Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, and Future Trunks would train for five years in a row, with Krillin, Yamcha, Tien Shinhan, and Chiaotzu entering in as a group like the others before them for the next five years? Would this have been enough to beat the evil Cell at his own game? (If, of course most of the Z Fighters had used the 10 days very seriously?)