What animes you wish had a crossover with Dbz?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

What animes you wish had a crossover with Dbz?

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:58 am

Very similar to the one with Torkio and one piece. What animes you wish had a special with Dbz. It can be any anime or manga. Please no hentai. I can't imagine all the horrible stuff that would come from all that.

But I love to Saint Seyia for one cross over.
And the other with fist of the North Star.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Re: What animes you wish had a crossover with Dbz?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:48 am

Kinnikuman, Ranma 1/2, The Melachony of Haruhi Suzumiya (she'd love fighting the Z-Warriors and making them her bitches as well as fighting Beerus... another god), and maybe Naruto
Last edited by DBZAOTA482 on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:54 am

Hunter x Hunter. I'm sure Gon, Killua, Goten and Trunks could have a lot of fun together, seeing as how Gon and Killua were probably, most likely, inspired by our duo. Vegeta and Ging could talk about how they're both terrible fathers yet their sons admire them a lot. Goku would find the prospect of fighting unknown and gigantic beasts in the Dark Continent exciting and would finally, after God knows how many years, get the arc going, because the author himself certainly doesn't want to. Cell and Meruem are vastly similar in design yet completely different in personality, it'd be fun to see their interactions. Freeza could waste Hisoka, because I'm dying to see someone do so. The possibilities are endless, really, I just think that one being a much darker series than the other would be the only thing (besides legal issues) stopping a crossover for the two from working too well. While the fighters of HxH are getting their limbs torn off and dying whilst fighting the new threat, the Dragon Team would be supplying senzu beans and reviving everyone with the dragon balls, lol.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:19 am

I agree with Hunter x Hunter.

Also... DBGT. Why not? They get to meet their alternate reality selves from the future. :0
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:10 am

I really wouldn't want it to cross over with anything but if I had to pick, then maybe Naruto so it could finally maybe settle all these annoying DBZ vs Naruto fan debates.
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:55 pm

DBZ vs. Saint Seiya would be the most logical since they have similar fast place action, both are big in Japan, both have the same target audience and both are from Toei. If they do a DBZ vs. SS crossover then I doubt it will be released in the US, but they could dub in other parts of the world where both franchises are big.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:01 pm

DBZ X Gintama? I would love to see the Z-Cast have fun with the gintama cast and ultimately Goku teaching the kamehame ha to Gintoki, its been his long dream to shoot one.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:22 pm

I love to see goku and Seyia face off against hades. It be cool that gods knew one another. I know saint Seyia characters are like three times stronger then goku and the gang. But maybe they will be just as strong or near each other's power. I also want goku to meet baki.

Just so he can beat the shit out of yujiro. Momma said knock you out

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:43 pm

Gintama. Not a parody but a real crossover.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:47 pm

Actually I changed my mind, there is one series I'd like to see crossover with Dragon Ball Z. Yu Yu Hakusho.
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:41 pm

Gurren Lagann. Only to see the Z-senshi blow pieces off of Gurren Lagann.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:59 pm

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Any of the Joestar family or their allies from any part of the story would have awesome chemistry with the Z-Fighters.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:36 pm

I have a good three way cross over. Dbz, Saint Seiya, and One Punch man. Boo yah. Epic battles for sure for that one.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:20 am

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso would be nice, if only to see Son Gohan meet Kousei and become inspired to confess to Videl. 8)
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:31 am

JulieYBM wrote:Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso would be nice, if only to see Son Gohan meet Kousei and become inspired to confess to Videl. 8)
I'll be taking this as canon, thank you.

Crossing over with non-shonens would actually be pretty cool. There's a manga called Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction that's kinda like District 9 in that it's aliens in more realistic Earth setting. Imagine Goku just wandering into the alien base and ruining all the Cold War tension that's been going down between the aliens and Earthlings :lol:

Besides the obvious choice of shonen, I can see DBZ doing well with a gag manga considering its roots with Dr. Slump. Gohan and Videl (or maybe even a teen-aged Goten and Trunks) could cross over pretty well with the Nisekoi cast and all their romcom silliness.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:33 am

Wait, wait, wait. Gohan and Videl as double date buddies with Hajime and Kaoru-tan from Dan'na ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken. That would be ten thousand times more reflective than anything Toriyama could ever write.

I must have it.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:37 am

Dr. Slump

Oh wait... :P
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

mister yummy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mister yummy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:12 am

Death Note. Would Light have to write "Son G9oku" or "Kakarotto". Would Goku count as human as far as the rules of the Death Note go? Which really is better, brains or brawn?

Dbzejo
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzejo » Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:50 am

With no anime, Dragon Ball is league of its own. In that 2013 crossover all db characters had to be nerfed so that the other ones had a chance. :D