So is Tarble now non-canonical?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: So is Tarble now non-canonical?

Post by dragon boss z » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:32 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote: Honestly I have not heard any conclusion that the movie in officially canon yet, Honestly I hope it is but not for just this seconds scene, mostly cause the new Planet Vegeta History, Bardock Family and the New Super Broly, along with Cheelai and Lemo where such Great Characters and a nice update to the Lore that I really want them and this new history to be cannon! :thumbup:
It's as canon as all the other new dragon ball material like BoG, RoF, and Super. Anything made directly by Toriyama is about as canon as it gets nowadays. If you mean if it fits in with the continuity of the anime version of Super, then I would say unless they make a retelling when Super comes back, I would say it has to.
But back to the point, Goku has always been good at appreciating a fellow fighters power and skill, it is one of his most admirable qualities but one he does not shout out lightly, so even the most brief of cameo can lead to a 1,000 words on what it means for these characters, espically since both Ribrianne and Kefla where so front and center. What is Toei trying to say to us, Yea we might be going to much into it, but I am a Ribrianne fan and it is Important, as a fan maybe the most important, to discuss as much of the goings-ons with her as much as possible to make sure all is the most fairly laid out about her character.

Whether it is reading to much into this or not, it still cares weight to it after all the discussion by fans on over these past nearly 2 years since her debut in May 2017 on whether Ribrianne in the eyes of Toei going forward is an important character and by both this and what they gave us in the Anime. She has the background resume, development and talk about her by other characters in the show both base on power and persona that she did have an impact and a presence.
Toei has been giving that out to us in bits and pieces, even if in the ToP they could only go so far with her character cause of whatever restraints in story their might have been, they still seem determent to make use care about her character.

Whether this proves to be truly or just again reading to much into this, until Super 2.0 starts to show itself or Toei comes out offical statements about characters going forward, all fans like us can do is speculate to the best of our abilities with what is given to us.
I didn't means he wasn't one of the major fighters of the ToP, just that she didn't specifically push Goku to the next level. I think she probably helped 18 grow the most.
Tai Lung wrote: I do not see the need to clarify that if it were not a comparison with the other versions.
He was promoting the show as a continuation of the buu saga, to let fans know where it's going to take place and that it's an actual continuation unlike GT. If Toriyama didn't consider Toyotaro's version canon as well, why would he allow Toyotaro to design major characters and encourage him to use some of his own ideas?
in the movie of the battle of the gods goku absorbs that power, and for FNF movie that transformation is announced
Supplementary material is irrelevant. If you can't find a direct contradiction in the movie itself, then it can fit in with the manga version, which it should as it's the only version that fits in at the moment.
that the approach and plot of the kaioshin of 4 sectors of the galaxy was done in the anime, not in the manga, south kai only appearance in littles panels .
Didn't king kai mention Namek was out of his jurisdiction or something though? That would imply their are other kais of his level that govern other areas.
yes but they improve much of the plot
piccolo does not fight against shisame and the lazer that harms goku in the series was in the base state, it gave more prominence to tagoma as wanted by the author in principle etc.
I like how Goku was hit in base form, but they completely dropped the ball on the Tagoma/Ginyu stuff, not to mention how his power up made no sense. If they wanted it to make sense they should have had Piccolo and Gohan deal with first form Frieza, with Tagoma/Ginyu fighting all the humans at once. In the BoG arc they forgot to even explain why Pilaf and his gang were kids, and they have yet to explain it in the entire series, and the only place it was ever mentioned was in the BoG movie and in a extra manga panel made by Toyotaro showing when it actually happened. Also I would say the movies actually told the stories better than the show, as they were better paced, which is surprising considering the time restraint, and Beerus' character was also more likable imo. In Super they had Beerus destroy half a planet just for their food being too greasy, which makes him straight up evil, while in the manga they tried to poison him so it made sense, and in the movie he was pretty chill for most of the time.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:48 pm

I think the point is that Tarble is still canon.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:20 pm

dragon boss z wrote: He was promoting the show as a continuation of the buu saga, to let fans know where it's going to take place and that it's an actual continuation unlike GT. If Toriyama didn't consider Toyotaro's version canon as well, why would he allow Toyotaro to design major characters and encourage him to use some of his own ideas?
the same staff of toei also creates characters like the case of kale, toppo and many more Top designs. and other mangakas make the design of perfect cell (masakazu katsura)
dragon boss z wrote:Supplementary material is irrelevant. If you can't find a direct contradiction in the movie itself, then it can fit in with the manga version, which it should as it's the only version that fits in at the moment.
Can I put that argument against you by saying then the extra material on which the manga depends is irrelevant, then?
or we can become blind and say that in the movie goku doesn't absorbed the power of the gods to then fight with frieza in the base state but frieza had increased its power in all its forms.
dragon boss z wrote: Didn't king kai mention Namek was out of his jurisdiction or something though? That would imply their are other kais of his level that govern other areas.
the only thing I remember is that he has communication from namek he also said he could not face frieza and could not participate in any conflict. but even if there were, it would not be an introduction
dragon boss z wrote:I like how Goku was hit in base form, but they completely dropped the ball on the Tagoma/Ginyu stuff, not to mention how his power up made no sense. If they wanted it to make sense they should have had Piccolo and Gohan deal with first form Frieza, with Tagoma/Ginyu fighting all the humans at once. In the BoG arc they forgot to even explain why Pilaf and his gang were kids, and they have yet to explain it in the entire series, and the only place it was ever mentioned was in the BoG movie and in a extra manga panel made by Toyotaro showing when it actually happened. Also I would say the movies actually told the stories better than the show, as they were better paced, which is surprising considering the time restraint, and Beerus' character was also more likable imo. In Super they had Beerus destroy half a planet just for their food being too greasy, which makes him straight up evil, while in the manga they tried to poison him so it made sense, and in the movie he was pretty chill for most of the time.
tagoma became strong training that is better than just shisame without any explanation can fight with piccolo at the same time, they forgot that shenrong can fulfill 3 wishes then the movies doesn't told the stories better , beerus is more charismatic in the anime and has more development since beerus begins importing little the mortal life to him until realizing that this is valuable.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:42 pm

Tai Lung wrote: the same staff of toei also creates characters like the case of kale, toppo and many more Top designs. and other mangakas make the design of perfect cell (masakazu katsura)
Didn't I already say I think the anime is canon as well? Current dragon ball is a joint effort at this point. The anime and manga are both canon, they are just different versions of the same story.
Can I put that argument against you by saying then the extra material on which the manga depends is irrelevant, then?
No.... The movie isn't extra material, it's the actual events. I'm talking about things like guide books, video games, magazines, ect. They never have been canon, and they never will be.
or we can become blind and say that in the movie goku doesn't absorbed the power of the gods to then fight with frieza in the base state but frieza had increased its power in all its forms.
Vegeta trained his base to the same level as Goku, this argument doesn't work unless you can prove Vegeta had the SSG ritual done on him. If we go by the BoG movie and anime, Goku got a boost from SSG, but as shown in the anime, Vegeta got the same boost by training with Whis for a few months. Goku and Vegeta's Whis training put them on post training final form Frieza's level, it's as simple as that.
tagoma became strong training that is better than just shisame without any explanation can fight with piccolo at the same time, they forgot that shenrong can fulfill 3 wishes then the movies doesn't told the stories better , beerus is more charismatic in the anime and has more development since beerus begins importing little the mortal life to him until realizing that this is valuable.
In the movie it can be written off as Piccolo just not going all out yet. They fought for a few seconds and when Gohan stepped in Piccolo got mad and said he has it. In the anime Tagoma no sold a punch from Piccolo to the face and ripped his arm off. Shenron can grant 2 or 3 wishes depending on the scenario. I could argue that the wish Beerus used in BoG was still on cooldown as it might not have been a complete year left, so that's why they only had 2. Or bringing back someone as strong as Frieza could have used up 2 wishes.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:48 pm

dragon boss z wrote: Didn't I already say I think the anime is canon as well? Current dragon ball is a joint effort at this point. The anime and manga are both canon, they are just different versions of the same story.
no import, if artist create designs that is not prove that something is canon but the author himself and the story adapted in its entirety.
dragon boss z wrote: No.... The movie isn't extra material, it's the actual events. I'm talking about things like guide books, video games, magazines, ect. They never have been canon, and they never will be.
if that material is outside of that version or adaptation, extra or complementary material is considered.
dragon boss z wrote: Vegeta trained his base to the same level as Goku, this argument doesn't work unless you can prove Vegeta had the SSG ritual done on him. If we go by the BoG movie and anime, Goku got a boost from SSG, but as shown in the anime, Vegeta got the same boost by training with Whis for a few months. Goku and Vegeta's Whis training put them on post training final form Frieza's level, it's as simple as that.
Vegeta obtained it by training in the 3 versions
It is different in the case of Goku.
another thing that differs is that in the film and the whis series explains the ultra instinct to goku and vegeta in FNF ac however in the manga toyotaro he forgets that and only adds it in the TOP arc, in this version Whis only explains the ultra instinct a vegeta resulting in the horrifying scene of roshi teaching him the ultra instinct to goku.
dragon boss z wrote: In the movie it can be written off as Piccolo just not going all out yet. They fought for a few seconds and when Gohan stepped in Piccolo got mad and said he has it. In the anime Tagoma no sold a punch from Piccolo to the face and ripped his arm off. Shenron can grant 2 or 3 wishes depending on the scenario. I could argue that the wish Beerus used in BoG was still on cooldown as it might not have been a complete year left, so that's why they only had 2. Or bringing back someone as strong as Frieza could have used up 2 wishes.
piccolo fighs as equals with him, the unlike the others soldiers who fell in one fell swoop, gohan had to be transformed into ssj, shisame that has the level of dodoria no, it can not be ruled out .. the explanation of the training of tagoma is better.
he was asked a question he was not asked for a wish and he did it out of fear of beerus.
ehh not, remember that when it comes to multi resurceccion is where the number of desires drops to only 2.
The power has nothing to do shenron could revive to gohan or 17 in the buu arc and cell arc both stronger than frieza at that moment.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:07 pm

Tai Lung wrote: no import, if artist create designs that is not prove that something is canon but the author himself and the story adapted in its entirety.
it shows that Toyotaro has some authority and enough respect to be allowed to design canon characters.
if that material is outside of that version or adaptation, extra or complementary material is considered.
You can consider it, but it's not 100% canon. Saiyan beyond god is never implied in the movie at all. The only thing beyond god in the movie is SSB.
Vegeta obtained it by training in the 3 versions
It is different in the case of Goku.
This has nothing to do with what you were saying. You said the movie couldn't fit into the manga because Goku didn't get a buff from the god power, but I showed he didn't need it to get stronger. So unless you think Vegeta has the ability to get that strong without the ritual and Goku doesn't, you did not disprove my point. The fact base Goku was above the supreme kais in the manga also gives credence to the fact he got much stronger, considering in BoG his base was weaker than namek saga Frieza.
another thing that differs is that in the film and the whis series explains the ultra instinct to goku and vegeta in FNF ac however in the manga toyotaro he forgets that and only adds it in the TOP arc, in this version Whis only explains the ultra instinct a vegeta resulting in the horrifying scene of roshi teaching him the ultra instinct to goku.
Whis also brought up Goku wanting to be a destroyer again in the Broly movie even though he brought it up already in the anime. He also mentioned Beerus told Frieza he could blow up planet Vegeta multiple times throughout the series.
Whis repeating himself doesn't really prove anything.
piccolo fighs as equals with him, the unlike the others soldiers who fell in one fell swoop, gohan had to be transformed into ssj, shisame that has the level of dodoria no, it can not be ruled out .. the explanation of the training of tagoma is better.
Piccolo was holding back as to not kill the soldiers, and he may have underestimated Shisami. You could even use some headcanon and say he was purposefully dragging out the fight so they could buy more time for Goku and Vegeta to get there, as if they beat all the soldiers they would have to fight Frieza right away, and get killed. As for Gohan going ssj, he was extremely rusty at that point, and it was implied he could be even weaker than Namek Goku in the movie.
he was asked a question he was not asked for a wish and he did it out of fear of beerus.
We don't know if that counts or not though.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:09 pm

dragon boss z wrote: it shows that Toyotaro has some authority and enough respect to be allowed to design canon characters.
more or less, although I will repeat that other mangakas have designed characters only because they allowed it and he was a friend of the author but they don't that he had an authority is a example.
dragon boss z wrote: You can consider it, but it's not 100% canon. Saiyan beyond god is never implied in the movie at all. The only thing beyond god in the movie is SSB.
but this happened in 2 versions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Bs0NplUwo

great because is the same with the other 2 versions.
dragon boss z wrote: This has nothing to do with what you were saying. You said the movie couldn't fit into the manga because Goku didn't get a buff from the god power, but I showed he didn't need it to get stronger. So unless you think Vegeta has the ability to get that strong without the ritual and Goku doesn't, you did not disprove my point. The fact base Goku was above the supreme kais in the manga also gives credence to the fact he got much stronger, considering in BoG his base was weaker than namek saga Frieza.
what I said was that in the movie and in the series goku absorbs that power but in the manga what contradicts the movies, if goku managed to strengthen afterwards does not change that, the events were different.
dragon boss z wrote: Whis also brought up Goku wanting to be a destroyer again in the Broly movie even though he brought it up already in the anime. He also mentioned Beerus told Frieza he could blow up planet Vegeta multiple times throughout the series.
Whis repeating himself doesn't really prove anything.
unfortunately it is understood that was the first time they mention it in fnf besides goku completely ignored the UI until roshi explain that ..
What prove? that events do not match.
dragon boss z wrote:Piccolo was holding back as to not kill the soldiers, and he may have underestimated Shisami. You could even use some headcanon and say he was purposefully dragging out the fight so they could buy more time for Goku and Vegeta to get there, as if they beat all the soldiers they would have to fight Frieza right away, and get killed. As for Gohan going ssj, he was extremely rusty at that point, and it was implied he could be even weaker than Namek Goku in the movie.

We don't know if that counts or not though.
if piccolo was stronger than gohan because let him face shisame?
why piccolo just doesn't defeat him with a knock?.
it would not make sense then with "buy more time" because gohan defeated him from a blow in ssj.
shisame has the level of dodoria ....

None of that is said only are assumptions.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:52 pm

Tai Lung wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Bs0NplUwo
great because is the same with the other 2 versions.
Beerus said his body adapted and he learned from the experience, but that isn't really relevant to my argument because I was talking RoF, not BoG. In BoG SSG Goku was supposed to be 60% of Beerus, but in RoF Whis said even if Vegeta and Goku worked together they probably couldn't beat Beerus with SSB, and Toriyama said no matter how much Frieza trained he would never reach Beerus, and his golden form was even stronger than SSB. So it's pretty clear Toriyama was already retconning Beerus' strength by RoF, not to mention RoF was written by Toriyama, while BoG was written by someone else, and then Toriyama came in and adjusted the script and characters.
what I said was that in the movie and in the series goku absorbs that power but in the manga what contradicts the movies, if goku managed to strengthen afterwards does not change that, the events were different.
What does that have to do with RoF fitting in with the manga though? There is no reference to Goku absorbing SSG in RoF. He told Frieza he had a taste of a power called SSG and now he learned to tap into it on his own.
unfortunately it is understood that was the first time they mention it in fnf besides goku completely ignored the UI until roshi explain that ..
I'm looking at the chapter now and Vegeta recognized ultra instinct and Goku never said he hasn't heard of it before.
And I looked back at when Beerus used it and Goku recognized UI from Beerus.
So I'm not sure where you are getting the idea that it was the first time Whise explained UI to them, unless it's another part of the manga that I'm not seeing.
if piccolo was stronger than gohan because let him face shisame?
why piccolo just doesn't defeat him with a knock?.
it would not make sense then with "buy more time" because gohan defeated him from a blow in ssj.
shisame has the level of dodoria ....
When Krillin was in trouble with Frieza soldiers in Super, Piccolo and Gohan went to try and help him but they were stopped by regular Frieza soldiers, which is even worse than having trouble than a Dadoira level opponent, since Dadoria could casually run through those guys like nothing. It's really just PIS because they wanted to show off Gohan with ssj. And I said it might have been Piccolo's idea to buy more time, Gohan wouldn't have known and just decided to one shot him, and that ended up with Frieza almost killing Gohan a few seconds later. So even if it wasn't Piccolo's idea to stall for time, that actually would have been a good idea for them and they just weren't smart enough to think of it. But like I said, that part was just my head canon. Piccolo is a tactician so I would like to think he was just holding back as he wasn't there to kill the soliders and he didn't want to fight Frieza, but then Gohan being Gohan decided to come in and try to prove himself to his adopted dad, lol.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:28 pm

dragon boss z wrote: Beerus said his body adapted and he learned from the experience, but that isn't really relevant to my argument because I was talking RoF, not BoG. In BoG SSG Goku was supposed to be 60% of Beerus, but in RoF Whis said even if Vegeta and Goku worked together they probably couldn't beat Beerus with SSB, and Toriyama said no matter how much Frieza trained he would never reach Beerus, and his golden form was even stronger than SSB. So it's pretty clear Toriyama was already retconning Beerus' strength by RoF, not to mention RoF was written by Toriyama, while BoG was written by someone else, and then Toriyama came in and adjusted the script and characters.

What does that have to do with RoF fitting in with the manga though? There is no reference to Goku absorbing SSG in RoF. He told Frieza he had a taste of a power called SSG and now he learned to tap into it on his own.
is relevant because supposedly still has that PU and was the one that goku use against frieza
but it is maintained by having continuity of the previous movie
what proves that manga events and movies do not it matches, also frieza should have the level of ssj god in its final form but that does not seem in the manga.
dragon boss z wrote: I'm looking at the chapter now and Vegeta recognized ultra instinct and Goku never said he hasn't heard of it before.
And I looked back at when Beerus used it and Goku recognized UI from Beerus.
So I'm not sure where you are getting the idea that it was the first time Whise explained UI to them, unless it's another part of the manga that I'm not seeing.
vegeta recognizes this, because whis explains it to him before the fight of goku and toppo
Goku does not mention anything about the ultra instinct ..
he is only asking that happened, he does not change that he could only understand until roshi explained it.
again no flashbacks or anything that says that event happened.
dragon boss z wrote: When Krillin was in trouble with Frieza soldiers in Super, Piccolo and Gohan went to try and help him but they were stopped by regular Frieza soldiers, which is even worse than having trouble than a Dadoira level opponent, since Dadoria could casually run through those guys like nothing. It's really just PIS because they wanted to show off Gohan with ssj. And I said it might have been Piccolo's idea to buy more time, Gohan wouldn't have known and just decided to one shot him, and that ended up with Frieza almost killing Gohan a few seconds later. So even if it wasn't Piccolo's idea to stall for time, that actually would have been a good idea for them and they just weren't smart enough to think of it. But like I said, that part was just my head canon. Piccolo is a tactician so I would like to think he was just holding back as he wasn't there to kill the soliders and he didn't want to fight Frieza, but then Gohan being Gohan decided to come in and try to prove himself to his adopted dad, lol.
in super, the problem is that at that time there were many soldiers the idea was to defeat them without killing them until goku arrived
this only applies in part to the movie but it does not make much sense after this because it is only one, shisame.
and then only assumptions.

we are deviating from the subject ... but I will leave the important thing to finish ...

the 3 versios are part of a only canon that is true but the anime should be the main one for having more of the adapted history and its independence of extra material,
that there is no exist a canon as said at the beginning is silly.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:18 am

Tai Lung wrote: what proves that manga events and movies do not it matches, also frieza should have the level of ssj god in its final form but that does not seem in the manga.
Frieza never had the level of ssg in his final form, and base Goku wasn't ssg level either.
vegeta recognizes this, because whis explains it to him before the fight of goku and toppo
The events of RoF happened hears ago, that could have just been Whis reminding him.
Goku does not mention anything about the ultra instinct ..
Are you looking at the scan? A spark is nexed to Gouk's head and then right after that he says "Whys, could this be?" clearly referencing ultra instinct.
the 3 versios are part of a only canon that is true but the anime should be the main one for having more of the adapted history and its independence of extra material,
that there is no exist a canon as said at the beginning is silly.
I definitely see what you are saying, but you or me don't have the authority to claim which one is the main canon. Just because the anime would make the most sense to be the official canon to you, doesn't make it so. Maybe it is, and it will be made clear in the future, but as of now there isn't enough to say that the anime events supersede the other versions. When Super airs again and future plot points come up then we can see, as it may be clarified.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:36 am

dragon boss z wrote: Frieza never had the level of ssg in his final form, and base Goku wasn't ssg level either.
goku base/ssj fights beerus in BOG movie. beerus says that goku absorbed that power.
next goku base fighs frieza final form.
dragon boss z wrote: The events of RoF happened hears ago, that could have just been Whis reminding him.
assumptions
dragon boss z wrote: Are you looking at the scan? A spark is nexed to Gouk's head and then right after that he says "Whys, could this be?" clearly referencing ultra instinct.
assumptions in context it goku can only assume that beerus is becoming stronger but not the reason.
again goku does not understand until he only explains roshi.
dragon boss z wrote: I definitely see what you are saying, but you or me don't have the authority to claim which one is the main canon. Just because the anime would make the most sense to be the official canon to you, doesn't make it so. Maybe it is, and it will be made clear in the future, but as of now there isn't enough to say that the anime events supersede the other versions. When Super airs again and future plot points come up then we can see, as it may be clarified.
seems to me that many of the facts speak for themselves but the only thing that I am against in all this is that who say that there is not exist a canon, thing that there is exist, not impor if there is 3 versions.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:16 am

Tai Lung wrote: goku base/ssj fights beerus in BOG movie. beerus says that goku absorbed that power.
next goku base fighs frieza final form.
Goku's base strength must have been temporarily boosted somewhat, unless you think his base and ssj are basically the same strength. Using your logic the power scaling would go something like this
base Goku: 5.5
ssj Goku: 5.8
SSG Goku/base Goku RoF/final form Frieza: 6
SSB Goku: RoF: 7
Golden Frieza: 7.5
Beerus: 10
There is no way SSB and golden from only made Goku and Frieza 10-20% stronger...
The power scaling in RoF should be pretty clear
final form Frieza<base Goku<<<SSB Goku<Golden Frieza<<<Beerus

It's like how in the Broly movie base Goku fought Ikari Broly who was just beating SSG Vegeta. By your logic base Goku is as strong as SSG Vegeta now.
assumptions in context it goku can only assume that beerus is becoming stronger but not the reason.
again goku does not understand until he only explains roshi.
The fact you find subtext that doesn't exist in Toriyama's statement, but refuse to accept the clear reference that is meant to be understood in that scan shows you are letting your bias cloud your judgement. Whether or not who is right int this overall debate, that's clearly Goku referencing ultra instinct, it's not debatable.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:02 am

Boy, things are sure getting off topic here. :clap:
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:28 pm

dragon boss z wrote: Goku's base strength must have been temporarily boosted somewhat, unless you think his base and ssj are basically the same strength. Using your logic the power scaling would go something like this
base Goku: 5.5
ssj Goku: 5.8
SSG Goku/base Goku RoF/final form Frieza: 6
SSB Goku: RoF: 7
Golden Frieza: 7.5
Beerus: 10
There is no way SSB and golden from only made Goku and Frieza 10-20% stronger...
The power scaling in RoF should be pretty clear
final form Frieza<base Goku<<<SSB Goku<Golden Frieza<<<Beerus

It's like how in the Broly movie base Goku fought Ikari Broly who was just beating SSG Vegeta. By your logic base Goku is as strong as SSG Vegeta now.
is not the same but that caulifla ssj can hurt even frieza final form that became stronger and he fights goku does not make sense.

but well .. is power level the three versions are wrong in that
dragon boss z wrote: The fact you find subtext that doesn't exist in Toriyama's statement, but refuse to accept the clear reference that is meant to be understood in that scan shows you are letting your bias cloud your judgement. Whether or not who is right int this overall debate, that's clearly Goku referencing ultra instinct, it's not debatable.
that again goku does not know until roshi explains it.
makes you doubt that scene that actually does not prove anything.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:18 pm

Tai Lung wrote: is not the same but that caulifla ssj can hurt even frieza final form that became stronger and he fights goku does not make sense.

but well .. is power level the three versions are wrong in that
The power scaling is wonky in all 3 of them. Goku absorbed god in the anime but Frieza still went golden to beat Cabba.
that again goku does not know until roshi explains it.
makes you doubt that scene that actually does not prove anything.
Goku never said he didn’t know about it, Roshi just gave him a pep talk and reminded him everything isn’t bout strength. Goku already saw Beerus do ultra instinct in the manga anyways, so even if we only go by the mangas, that being the first time seeing or hearing about ultra instinct makes no sense. Tbh that whole scene with Roshi just didn’t fit with the series and should not have been done.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:19 pm

theherodjl wrote:Boy, things are sure getting off topic here. :clap:
Well we first must decide what is canon before we decide wether Tarble is canon or not. But we kind of went off on a tangent :lol:

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:17 pm

dragon boss z wrote: The power scaling is wonky in all 3 of them. Goku absorbed god in the anime but Frieza still went golden to beat Cabba.
this case does not have much to do frieza by personality frieza likes to humiliate his enemies with all his power he also used it against the henchmen of sidra although it was not necessary:
dragon boss z wrote: Goku never said he didn’t know about it, Roshi just gave him a pep talk and reminded him everything isn’t bout strength. Goku already saw Beerus do ultra instinct in the manga anyways, so even if we only go by the mangas, that being the first time seeing or hearing about ultra instinct makes no sense. Tbh that whole scene with Roshi just didn’t fit with the series and should not have been done.
I agree on the latest

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:41 pm

Tai Lung wrote: this case does not have much to do frieza by personality frieza likes to humiliate his enemies with all his power he also used it against the henchmen of sidra although it was not necessary:
ssj Caulifla only scratched Frieza, who could have been somewhat suppressed, and then Caulifla didn't get one shot by Golden Frieza, so she is pretty strong herself. But we should probably stop this here since this thread is about Tarble. If you want to continue talking about this we can take it to the power discussion thread.

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omori » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:31 am

dragon boss z wrote:
theherodjl wrote:Boy, things are sure getting off topic here. :clap:
Well we first must decide what is canon before we decide wether Tarble is canon or not. But we kind of went off on a tangent :lol:
Tarble is now officially part of the continuity. It's just the question whether the 2008 special events actually happened with the current DBS storyline or if he is yet to meet everyone for the first time.
Plus, according to the special, he was sent to another remote star, because he was to weak (which Vegeta was aware of).
However, in DBS Broly, the young Vegeta wonders if his younger brother also died with the end of planet Vegeta.
Maybe the special has also been erased.

Time will tell...