So Goku shaves??

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: So Goku shaves??

Post by TheMikado » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:37 am

Sooo... I'm actually floating this again for a very funny reason.

I just happened to see a picture of bearded Goku again and immediately thought.. Hey that's weird. That means Goku has probably been shaving this whole time.
Then I went to google to see if anyone had the same question and maybe make a thread on here getting other people's thoughts.
Low and Behold apparently I had already made a thread about it a year and a half ago wondering the same exact thing.

I think its hilarious to me that the questions I had almost 2 years ago are the same questions I have even now despite not remembering that I thought it was weird back then too.
I guess this basically means the thought of Goku shaving is consistently weird to me and will never get old to me. :)

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:48 pm

TheMikado wrote:Sooo... I'm actually floating this again for a very funny reason.

I just happened to see a picture of bearded Goku again and immediately thought.. Hey that's weird. That means Goku has probably been shaving this whole time.
Then I went to google to see if anyone had the same question and maybe make a thread on here getting other people's thoughts.
Low and Behold apparently I had already made a thread about it a year and a half ago wondering the same exact thing.

I think its hilarious to me that the questions I had almost 2 years ago are the same questions I have even now despite not remembering that I thought it was weird back then too.
I guess this basically means the thought of Goku shaving is consistently weird to me and will never get old to me. :)
I'll do the same thing. I'm scrolling through a really old thread and I read a response and I'm like "Wow this guy is really smart, I see exactly where he's coming from." and then I look over and realize it's my post from three years ago.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:56 pm

B wrote:This is like saying Chaozu doesn't go to the bathroom because we never seem him go to the bathroom. There's no reason to believe Goku can't grow facial hair. If you wish to count it, Toriyama drew a what-if old man Goku where he has a thick white mustache.

(I had to think for a second on the character I was gonna use, because we have in fact had many folks in-series go to the bathroom!)
Couldn't have put it better myself.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:14 pm

TheZFighter wrote:
B wrote:This is like saying Chaozu doesn't go to the bathroom because we never seem him go to the bathroom. There's no reason to believe Goku can't grow facial hair. If you wish to count it, Toriyama drew a what-if old man Goku where he has a thick white mustache.

(I had to think for a second on the character I was gonna use, because we have in fact had many folks in-series go to the bathroom!)
I think the idea is less about whether he can grow facial hair and more about the implication that Goku would shave regularly.
again its not a problem of whether he grows the facial hair, its that the required maintenance it would take seems out of character for someone like Goku especially when you have scenes where he has a hard time understanding simple math.

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:23 pm

Well maybe Chi-Chi is shaving him against his will every morning, I'm sure he'd accept a deal if she cooks him delicious food afterwards lol

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:30 pm

PsionicWarrior wrote:Well maybe Chi-Chi is shaving him against his will every morning, I'm sure he'd accept a deal if she cooks him delicious food afterwards lol
That certainly explains certain thins, wink wink nudge nudge :P

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:47 pm

We are talking about a guy who can blow up planets by accident. He probably just busts out a Kai-Oh Ken and burns it off at will.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:57 pm

TheMikado wrote:
TheZFighter wrote:

I think the idea is less about whether he can grow facial hair and more about the implication that Goku would shave regularly.
again its not a problem of whether he grows the facial hair, its that the required maintenance it would take seems out of character for someone like Goku especially when you have scenes where he has a hard time understanding simple math.

My theory is after that hairy mess in the RoSaT that Gokû off screen just db wished away his facial hair growth because of how annoying it was to keep up with.

But that also ties into another theory that Uni 7 saiyans start growing facial hair way later in life and that was just the beginning. When would Vegeta have time to shave during the Namek Arc anyway.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:22 am

I believe Goku knows enough about basic hygiene to bath and shave regularly.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:38 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
PsionicWarrior wrote:Well maybe Chi-Chi is shaving him against his will every morning, I'm sure he'd accept a deal if she cooks him delicious food afterwards lol
That certainly explains certain thins, wink wink nudge nudge :P
I think this is he most likely answer and I’d love to watch a chichi shaving Goku scene.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:39 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote:I believe Goku knows enough about basic hygiene to bath and shave regularly.
Can you really imagine Goku doing this?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bDzc1bFHypc

I’m not sure he even owns a mirror or if he does I can’t imagine how often he’d even look in it.
Like I said this scene makes sense with Vegeta characterization. I’d have a hard time seeing Goku do this.