List of Universe Busters in DB Super

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

List of Universe Busters in DB Super

Post by jplaya2023 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:13 pm

Let's collaborate on the list of universe busters in super.

power scaling from the goku and beerus fight, we can safely assume these chars are universe busters

1. SSJ Red Goku
2. Beerus
3. Whiz
4. Golden Frieza
5. SSJ Blue Goku
6. SSJ Blue Vegeta
7. Vados
8. Champa

judging from the next few weeks of super, we assume Hit and Monaka will join the list.

That's confirmed 10 universe busters in super.

Do people feel like this is to many people with the kind of power, should it had been less or more?

I don't think anyone else will get to this level unless they introduce new chars in super.

Pocket-God
Beyond Newbie

Re: List of Universe Busters in DB Super

Post by Pocket-God » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:43 pm

Meep, I don't think Goku, Vegeta or Frieza are Universe Busters. they're probably able to bust half a universe or in other words they're multi-galaxy

Champa and Beerus are obviously universe busters cause ya know...uni 6 and 7 are both doomed.
Whis and Vados are obviously universe busters cause they're a lot stronger than the purple cats.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:45 pm

OK, color me intrigued:

How do you "bust" "half" of a universe?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:52 pm

VegettoEX wrote:OK, color me intrigued:

I suppose, like the Super Dragon Radar only being capable of picking up signals from the Dragon Balls, if it's at the center of the universe(considering the new episode titles that might be changed pretty soon though), a guy who can only bust half the universe would only have the shockwaves his punches generate, expand to half of the entire volume of the universe.
So say Goku and Vegeta can only bust ½ a universe. They are at one of the edges of Universe 7 and punch each others' fists so hard it creates that silly shockwave from episode 13(?). Since they are only ½ busters the shockwave dissipates after having reached halfway to the other end of the universe. Thus one half is busted, the other is in tip-top condition.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:55 pm

That's actually not a terrible answer and now I'm halfway sorry for asking the question with a somewhat snotty tone in mind in the first place. Carry on!

(I still hate this "bust" verbiage.)
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:21 pm

By reducing half of what exists in the universe into nothing more than insignificant rubble.

Of course, usually when one talks about "busting", we are talking about in one go, or in one attack, since even someone capable of destroying planets could possibly destroy half the universe if he had enough time to do so.

How exactly one would do that in one go, it depends... If it's a shockwave type of thing, like in Berrus fight, I guess that could happen if the shockwave was just not quite powerful enough to destroy the universe, only half... If it's via direct attack, I suppose that logically it would be harder to do, and would have to be done with a attack kind of like Buu's human extinction attack or a omnidirectional attack like Majin Vegeta's suicide.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:26 pm

I don't know, man. Buster feels like the name you give your dog. "Hey Buster, come here!"

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:30 pm

Old kai explains that goku and beerus clash would destroy everything inside the universe, not the space time continuum.

Only in champa arc we got proper universe destroyers, with vados and whis stopping beerus and champa before they would have destroyed both their universes.

So basically:

Whis
Vados
Champa
Beerus

Lozjudai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lozjudai » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:03 pm

Well pic related obviously :wink:

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:26 pm

In episode 13 beerus negated a universe destroying blast and then in episode 14 he stated he would struggle to negate a tired ssj Goku`s kamehameha, so i would say anyone above SSG Goku is a universe buster.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:35 am

• SSj God Goku was about half universal.A combined power of Goku and Beerus was more than enough to obliterate the entire universe.
  • Golden Freeza and SSj Blue Goku should be stronger than SSj God Goku,but not by much.So they still aren't universal.
  • A fist fight between Beerus and Champa's fight would obliterate an entire universe.So both of them should be universe buster at the very least.
Vados | Whis | Beerus | Champa : At least Universes busters

SSj Blue Goku | Golden Freeza : Can probably destroy around 80% of the universe.

SSj God Goku | Beers [Against Goku] : Can bust around half of the universe.

Super Perfect Cell : Solar System buster.

Note : There's a big difference between busting a universe and busting an entire space-time continuum of a universe.So far,no one in the series have been implied to be able to to do the latter,expect for the Super Dragon Balls probably.

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:01 am

I wonder how Goku and co. manage to bust past the event horizon of the universe.

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:46 am

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
  • SSj God Goku was about half universal.A combined power of Goku and Beerus was more than enough to obliterate the entire universe.
  • Golden Freeza and SSj Blue Goku should be stronger than SSj God Goku,but not by much.So they still aren't universal.
  • A fist fight between Beerus and Champa's fight would obliterate an entire universe.So both of them should be universe buster at the very least.
Vados | Whis | Beerus | Champa : At least Universes busters

SSj Blue Goku | Golden Freeza : Can probably destroy around 80% of the universe.

SSj God Goku | Beers [Against Goku] : Can bust around half of the universe.

Super Perfect Cell : Solar System buster.

Note : There's a big difference between busting a universe and busting an entire space-time continuum of a universe.So far,no one in the series have been implied to be able to to do the latter,expect for the Super Dragon Balls probably.
I just showed that they were implied to be universe busters. beerus could not even negate a weak Goku

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:49 am

ryan s wrote:beerus could not even negate a weak Goku
What ?

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:54 am

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
What ?
Repost
In episode 13 beerus negated a universe destroying blast and then in episode 14 he stated he would struggle to negate a tired ssj Goku`s kamehameha, so i would say anyone above SSG Goku is a universe buster.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:57 am

ryan s wrote:
SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
What ?
Repost
in episode 14 he stated he would struggle to negate a tired ssj Goku`s kamehameha, so i would say anyone above SSG Goku is a universe buster.
Beerus didn't said such thing.You probably watched a bad fansub or something.
Minute: 7
Context: Beerus wipes out one of Goku’s ki attacks
Beerus: “Don’t you remember? I can nullify all [your?] energy.”
Significance: A call-back to last episode where Beerus nullifies all of Goku’s energy to prevent the universe from inconveniently ending. Strictly speaking, in Japanese he does literally say he can “nullify all energy”, but in context I assume he means all of Goku’s energy. But if he really can nullify “all energy” without any qualifiers, then that’s a neat party trick.

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:01 am

go watch Dragon Team yes he did, yano it would be wiser to actually go and check the episode before flat out saying he did not say such a thing.

Herms covers what he feels is significant
Last edited by ryan s on Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:05 am

ryan s wrote:go watch Dragon Team yes he did, yano it would be wiser to actually go and check the episode before flat out saying he did not say such a thing.

Can you posts a pic or something ? Because i really didn't remember such thing been mentioned.The line you claimed is far too significant for Herms to leave out.

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:07 am

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:
ryan s wrote:go watch Dragon Team yes he did, yano it would be wiser to actually go and check the episode before flat out saying he did not say such a thing.

Can you posts a pic or something ? Because i really didn't remember such thing been mentioned.The line you claimed is far too significant for Herms to leave out.
Elder kai and Whis said it would destroy the universe
this is when Goku gives his last ditch effort,
Dragon team
Last edited by ryan s on Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

MisterGuyMan
Beyond Newbie

Post by MisterGuyMan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:13 pm

Goku should be a universe buster with SSG power:

According to the narration, Beers is fighting him with the power to destroy the universe. Goku is able to match his power perfectly as proven when he cancels his power and saves the universe. They both even power up after this is confirmed and continue fighting.