Vegetto "possibly" stronger than SSJ4?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Vegetto "possibly" stronger than SSJ4?

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:53 pm

Gog wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:GT is a sequel to the Z anime and in that Kid Boo IS the strongest Boo, and that's the Boo Goku predominately fights. So yeah, Rild is stronger than the strongest Boo Goku knows, and in this continuity, it's Kid Boo.
There's one problem with that statement Kid Buu's was always refereed to as Pure Buu, not majin Buu. Fat Buu is always referred to as Majin Buu, common misconception.
ekrolo2 wrote: This means that Goku's Base form is probably around the same strength if not stronger than the Super Vegetto of the anime who fought Boohan.
No close unfortunately, as Majin Buu is not used to refer to Kid Buu, but Fat Buu.
Unless GT Japan started using western terms in there, I seriously doubt Goku never calls Kid Boo, Majin Boo at any single point in the anime.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:00 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: Unless GT Japan started using western terms in there, I seriously doubt Goku never calls Kid Boo, Majin Boo at any single point in the anime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kyV1c0RjSA

Kid Buu was always refereed to as Pure Majin Buu, not Majin Buu in the original Japanese anime. Hell Geekdom101 explains it best.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:05 pm

Gog wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: Unless GT Japan started using western terms in there, I seriously doubt Goku never calls Kid Boo, Majin Boo at any single point in the anime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kyV1c0RjSA

Kid Buu was always refereed to as Pure Majin Buu, not Majin Buu in the original Japanese anime. Hell Geekdom101 explains it best.
There's no way for Goku to not get smashed by Pure Boo if he's only as strong as Fat Boo 15 years later though. Pure Boo is called the strongest Boo of them all which means SS3 Goku has to, at least, be somewhere in the lower levels of Super Vegetto's power in Z alone.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:08 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: There's no way for Goku to not get smashed by Pure Boo if he's only as strong as Fat Boo 15 years later though. Pure Boo is called the strongest Boo of them all which means SS3 Goku has to, at least, be somewhere in the lower levels of Super Vegetto's power in Z alone.
Except for the fact that he outright stated Majin Buu, not Pure Majin Buu. Hell I don't even consider Dragon ball GT Goku to not be that stronger than he was in Z.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:17 pm

Gog wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
There's no way for Goku to not get smashed by Pure Boo if he's only as strong as Fat Boo 15 years later though. Pure Boo is called the strongest Boo of them all which means SS3 Goku has to, at least, be somewhere in the lower levels of Super Vegetto's power in Z alone.

Except for the fact that he outright stated Majin Buu, not Pure Majin Buu. Hell I don't even consider Dragon ball GT Goku to not be that stronger than he was in Z.
He calls him Majin Boo here:

And if I went through the other episodes, I'd bet my right arm I'd find plenty of instances of Super Boo and Bootenks and Boohan being called "Majin Boo". In-universe, characters don't care about specific terminology or what the Daizenshuu or supplementary material calls them. Grade 4 might be Grade 4 to us but that's just Super Saiyan to everyone in the series. Hell, the whole grade terminology doesn't exist at all in-universe and Goku just comes up with SS2 and SS3s names on the spot when everyone called it "The Super Saiyan beyond Super Saiyan" or some variation of this before that.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:25 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: He calls him Majin Boo here:

And if I went through the other episodes, I'd bet my right arm I'd find plenty of instances of Super Boo and Bootenks and Boohan being called "Majin Boo". In-universe, characters don't care about specific terminology or what the Daizenshuu or supplementary material calls them. Grade 4 might be Grade 4 to us but that's just Super Saiyan to everyone in the series. Hell, the whole grade terminology doesn't exist at all in-universe and Goku just comes up with SS2 and SS3s names on the spot when everyone called it "The Super Saiyan beyond Super Saiyan" or some variation of this before that.
That's good and all, but his name is pure Majin Buu.

Your right you would find instances of that if you went through episode by episode, and checked episode by episode. But for the sake of the argument we have to say that he's referring to the fat one, as Majin Buu is literally his name. But since were on a topic on the strength of GT Goku I'll weigh in my two worthless coins, GT Goku isn't that much stronger than Goku from Z. This belief stems from Rildo's comment that when Goku went Super Saiyan the form only doubled his power.

Which means that instead of growing any stronger, Goku instead focused on a new way of strength. Collapsing the super saiyan multipliers into his base form, so that he's as strong as he needs to be all the time.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:29 pm

Gog wrote:That's good and all, but his name is pure Majin Buu.

Your right you would find instances of that if you went through episode by episode, and checked episode by episode. But for the sake of the argument we have to say that he's referring to the fat one, as Majin Buu is literally his name. But since were on a topic on the strength of GT Goku I'll weigh in my two worthless coins, GT Goku isn't that much stronger than Goku from Z. This belief stems from Rildo's comment that when Goku went Super Saiyan the form only doubled his power.

Which means that instead of growing any stronger, Goku instead focused on a new way of strength. Collapsing the super saiyan multipliers into his base form, so that he's as strong as he needs to be all the time.
And no one calls him Pure Majin Boo in the show, hell, that isn't even the right name to call him since he isn't fully pure until he snorts out Fat Boo out of his system.

You're probably right in this assertion that Goku isn't overall, technically, more powerful but the fact that his Base power has been amped up considerably, regardless if you think he's Fat Boo or Kid Boo tier, does cast some serious doubt as to how valid "SS Vegetto >= SS4 Goku" even is.

Let's say SS3 Goku in GT is about the same level of strength as Kid Boo and his Z-self was in the same form. This already puts him in Super Vegetto's lower echelons of strength since Kid Boo is constantly talked about as the strongest of the Boo's for the Z anime. Unless you nerf SS4s boost to where it isn't even twice as strong as 3, there's no way he doesn't surpass Super Vegetto at least once all the numbers set in.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:12 pm

Base goku in gt is obviously stronger than kid buu going by his battle with rildo mentioning how stronger he is than majin buu. makes no sense if he's referring to mr.buu who's a weaker incarnation

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:25 pm

Perfectionist-Cell wrote:
Why would he talk about Mr Buu though? They had a very tough time beating the guy and Goku is going to say that he is stronger than the weakest form of Majin Buu? I honestly don't think Goku would of brought the matter up if he was weaker than the more powerful forms than Majin Buu. Also do you agree or not if Goku's base is Z ssj3 tier?
Logistics. He's saying that in the proximity of both Trunks and Pan, relating to them how powerful he is. Pan's never sensed any other version of Buu outside of Mr. Buu, and Trunks never sensed any of the more powerful forms (like Gohan Buu) so the only form of Buu that the line would make sense in context wise would be Mr. Buu.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:35 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: You're probably right in this assertion that Goku isn't overall, technically, more powerful but the fact that his Base power has been amped up considerably, regardless if you think he's Fat Boo or Kid Boo tier, does cast some serious doubt as to how valid "SS Vegetto >= SS4 Goku" even is.

Let's say SS3 Goku in GT is about the same level of strength as Kid Boo and his Z-self was in the same form. This already puts him in Super Vegetto's lower echelons of strength since Kid Boo is constantly talked about as the strongest of the Boo's for the Z anime. Unless you nerf SS4s boost to where it isn't even twice as strong as 3, there's no way he doesn't surpass Super Vegetto at least once all the numbers set in.
But here's the thing with that assertion. This is the anime where talking about, not the manga.

Except for the fact that this is the anime version. Lets say that Buuhan was roughly half the strength of Kid Buu in the anime. It's a massive boost in power, and it means that Kid Buu will always win the battle. Vegetto was absolutely humiliating Buuhan. In his base form, now I'm going to have a conservative measurement of power here, and not the insane one that Vegetto is three times is strength. Lets say that Vegetto is 30% stronger than Buuhan, it enables him to absolutely crush him, but in turn be crushed by Kid Buu. And it means that SS4 Goku is roughly Ten times stronger than him.

But here's the thing. This is Base form Vegetto were talking about, we never once factored in SSJ Vegetto, who has a fifty times multiplier in power. Saying that SS3 Goku is in the lower echelons of SSJ Vegetto's strength is like saying that Base form Goku could have beaten Finial form Freeza in a head to head battle.

It's just not possible, hell even throwing SS4 in their does exactly jack shit as Vegetto is still five times his strength. For SS4 Goku to be as strong as Vegetto SSJ would require the form to have a fifty times boost in power, an insane increase that's literally unheard of besides the first Super Saiyan transformation.

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:38 pm

Big Green The Yoshi wrote:Elder Kai said SSJ4 Goku was the most powerful fighter he ever saw in the Japanese sub. There's no way this is true.
That's merely a myth. No such line actually exists.
Darkprince410 wrote:Vegetto wasn't putting out his full power against Buu because he wasn't trying to kill him, thus Rou Kaioushin would only be comparing that to Vegetto's suppressed power.
Vegetto was never stated to be suppressed against Boo.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:54 am

Oh god, and so it goes on, day after day, year in year out, slime in this ear, slime in that ear, don't you ever yearn for change?

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:06 pm

Darkprince410 wrote:Vegetto wasn't putting out his full power against Buu because he wasn't trying to kill him, thus Rou Kaioushin would only be comparing that to Vegetto's suppressed power.
Vegetto was never stated to be suppressed against Boo.[/quote]

He was holding back to intentionally keep from killing Buu, so regardless of whether it was simply him pulling his punches or him, he wasn't showing off anywhere near his full capabilities when fighting against Buu.

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:46 pm

Darkprince410 wrote:
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:
Why would he talk about Mr Buu though? They had a very tough time beating the guy and Goku is going to say that he is stronger than the weakest form of Majin Buu? I honestly don't think Goku would of brought the matter up if he was weaker than the more powerful forms than Majin Buu. Also do you agree or not if Goku's base is Z ssj3 tier?
Logistics. He's saying that in the proximity of both Trunks and Pan, relating to them how powerful he is. Pan's never sensed any other version of Buu outside of Mr. Buu, and Trunks never sensed any of the more powerful forms (like Gohan Buu) so the only form of Buu that the line would make sense in context wise would be Mr. Buu.

I'm pretty sure Goku has told Pan about Majin Buu. She may not be able to comprehend the situation like Goku did but in the end she knows Majin Buu is a very powerful fighter.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:07 am

Super Baby Vegeta 1 was already stronger than Ssj Vegito. And that makes sense, since Base GT Goku was stronger than his Ssj3 self during the Buu saga, and Baby stomped him as a Ssj3 who's 400x stronger than base.

Anyway, I tend to ignore the guides, including the line about Vegito being perhaps stronger than Ssj4 Goku and the one about Gohan never stopping training 'cause it makes no sense, as he turns Ssj many times.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:34 am

Zamasu55 wrote:Super Baby Vegeta 1 was already stronger than Ssj Vegito. And that makes sense, since Base GT Goku was stronger than his Ssj3 self during the Buu saga, and Baby stomped him as a Ssj3 who's 400x stronger than base.

Anyway, I tend to ignore the guides, including the line about Vegito being perhaps stronger than Ssj4 Goku and the one about Gohan never stopping training 'cause it makes no sense, as he turns Ssj many times.
Where does this GT Base Goku > Z SSJ3 Goku stuff come from?

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:15 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:Super Baby Vegeta 1 was already stronger than Ssj Vegito. And that makes sense, since Base GT Goku was stronger than his Ssj3 self during the Buu saga, and Baby stomped him as a Ssj3 who's 400x stronger than base.

From Rildo, weaker than Goku, being stronger than Kid Buu maybe?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:36 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:

But Rildo was never stated to be stronger than Kid Buu, Goku never specified which form of Buu he was talking about.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:40 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Where does this GT Base Goku > Z SSJ3 Goku stuff come from?
But Rildo was never stated to be stronger than Kid Buu, Goku never specified which form of Buu he was talking about.
Majin Boo is an all-encompassing term used for any Boo at any point in the actual story, it can basically apply from anyone from Fat to Boohan to Kid and it wouldn't any more or less valid. Up above you've got SS2 Goku calling Kid "Majin Boo" before using SS3.

Since Kid Boo is the strongest Boo he fights in the anime, and the strongest one there overall, it stands to reason he means Kid.

GTX
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by GTX » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:01 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Where does this GT Base Goku > Z SSJ3 Goku stuff come from?
In GT goku never belittle/ mocking his opponent by lying so Goku stated their weakest form will be very out of his character where in GT goku's indeed a respectfull fighter.
Espescially in this context and scene because there is no possibility neither any reason for Goku to state mr, boo when he was praising rildo strength. This is also not the only time goku has praised opponent strenght in GT.

If he stated mr. boo it's the same he was lying and mocking him at the same time. So that's not possible.
The next reason that boohan was stated because it will be very weird if mr boo was stated, the reason's because we must make an assumption/s that mr boo was never training during the time gap where even android seventeen has trained a lot . SO The statement would be very unclear, even pan has trained very hard too and it would make pan stronger than boo. Assuming other fighter doesn't train is stupid assumption and would make power level comparation a mess. I'm too lazy to explain it.

It is stupid to be explained and resposted again because it's clear with the statement of no other being stronger than baby, including any vegeto forms would make this not even a discussion. Oh well whatever
The question has been asked by you 10000000000 times and we have become very efficient.
I don't care about non canon stuffs like game, guide book, movie, etc
Spare the trouble because GT is CANON
Be quick and be done with it
inactive :P