I want YOUR opinion of the Two-Base Theory

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Re: I want YOUR opinion of the Two-Base Theory

Post by ryan s » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:27 pm

I don`t see it as a issue just because you reach a certain level of strength you do not gain the ability to sense a certain type of ki, Goku became a God and adapted into it and Vegeta trained for six months

Super has already established that god ki can`t be sensed by ordinary humans (Trunks)

i feel it is a rather weak argument as Super has been really inconsistent in a lot of ways at least in my opinion

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:35 pm

ryan s wrote:i feel it is a rather weak argument as Super has been really inconsistent in a lot of ways at least in my opinion
Next thing you know, non-gods will be sensing Super Saiyan Blue. :lol:
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:36 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
ryan s wrote:i feel it is a rather weak argument as Super has been really inconsistent in a lot of ways at least in my opinion
Next thing you know, non-gods will be sensing Super Saiyan Blue. :lol:
Non gods already have :)

Hit and Frieza

Freeza: "Judging from the energy I'm sensing, it seems that I will be the victor, does it not?"
Goku: "I think it'll be a close match."
Freeza: "No, I am superior."

Hit with the kaioken he sensed Goku`s God ki multiplying

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:39 pm

ryan s wrote:Non gods already have :)

Hit and Frieza
You're right. Dah, I'm outta here. This whole thing is trash.
[spoiler]Joking. :D[/spoiler]

Still, two bases doesn't work for me. Two base modes is what I lean towards.
MyAnimeList | AniList

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:42 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
ryan s wrote:Non gods already have :)

Hit and Frieza
You're right. Dah, I'm outta here. This whole thing is trash.
[spoiler]Joking. :D[/spoiler]

Still, two bases doesn't work for me. Two base modes is what I lean towards.
I just have it old DBZ style :) no god ki until SSG or SSGSS

Vegeta`s statements about the pressure of god ki being immense (episode 22) to me show that he did not have god ki (or he would have known that) and the fact that trunks makes that comment towards SSGSS helps me in that regard

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:44 pm

Well, that's my opinion, even if only to say "Goku and Vegeta are gods" casually. :3
MyAnimeList | AniList

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:47 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Well, that's my opinion, even if only to say "Goku and Vegeta are gods" casually. :3
Tbh i have not heard of the two base mode theory but i am assuming its kind of the same?

i understand that its your opinion but at least argue against the evidence or debunk it :)

i have a opinion that if i jump of a skyscraper i will live ;)

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:50 pm

ryan s wrote:Tbh i have not heard of the two base mode theory but i am assuming its kind of the same

i understand that its your opinion but at least argue against the evidence or debunk it :)
It's my version of it. They can turn their god ki on and off rather than switching to another base entirely.

Sorry, trying to keep this as little a debate as I can.
MyAnimeList | AniList

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:52 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
ryan s wrote:Tbh i have not heard of the two base mode theory but i am assuming its kind of the same

It's my version of it. They can turn their god ki on and off rather than switching to another base entirely.

Sorry, trying to keep this as little a debate as I can.
would they not be ridiculously strong though? there would be no point in ever using SSJ

there normal bases would still be below frieza at that

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:54 pm

ryan s wrote:would they not be ridiculously strong though? there would be no point in ever using SSJ
That's why they turn it off. They both love holding back.
MyAnimeList | AniList

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:56 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
ryan s wrote:would they not be ridiculously strong though? there would be no point in ever using SSJ
That's why they turn it off. They both love holding back.
ok big question what evidence is there for this theory? :)

yeah but that makes frost really weak and all those others whereas base Vegeta should be stronger than Gotenks

i can`t think of a single strong fight in there base froms other than Frieza and Gotenks
Last edited by ryan s on Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:59 pm

Well, I don't want this to turn into another debate. It's simply an opinion thread.
MyAnimeList | AniList

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:00 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Well, I don't want this to turn into another debate. It's simply an opinion thread.
i forgot about that thought this was a debate lol my bad

i don`t think Super should be taken too seriously now anyway

i am sure it was stated God ki trumped regular ki yet golden Frieza whopped SSGSS

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:15 pm

ryan s wrote: ok big question what evidence is there for this theory? :)
To put it in a simple equation, we've literally seen this:

Base Goku [Future Trunks arc] < SS Goku [Future Trunks arc] < SS2 Goku [Future Trunks arc] < SS3 Goku [Future Trunks arc] < Base Goku [BoG arc, post-SSG] <= SS Goku [BoG arc, post-SSG] = SSG Goku < SSB Goku

Either there are 2 base forms, or consistency is really fucked up... I'll go with the first option, personally.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:21 pm

Just a quick comment... I wouldn't say God Base Goku (which is SSJG-absorbed) might be equal to God SSJ Goku. It's probably still a 50x power boost. Anyway... debate, sorry. :silent:
MyAnimeList | AniList

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:32 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Just a quick comment... I wouldn't say God Base Goku (which is SSJG-absorbed) might be equal to God SSJ Goku. It's probably still a 50x power boost. Anyway... debate, sorry. :silent:
In the movie, it was stated that base Goku is insignificantly weaker than God, and we see it in their fight since base Goku could fight Beerus as well as he did at full power Super Saiyan God. The anime shows this in the climax of the fight, where the giant ki ball not only doesn't kill base Goku, but he even manages to destroy it with a single punch to its core, while SS Goku, who was as strong as God, couldn't even push it back.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:28 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
ryan s wrote: ok big question what evidence is there for this theory? :)
To put it in a simple equation, we've literally seen this:

Base Goku [Future Trunks arc] < SS Goku [Future Trunks arc] < SS2 Goku [Future Trunks arc] < SS3 Goku [Future Trunks arc] < Base Goku [BoG arc, post-SSG] <= SS Goku [BoG arc, post-SSG] = SSG Goku < SSB Goku

Either there are 2 base forms, or consistency is really fucked up... I'll go with the first option, personally.
I don`t see how this is evidence because no where has it been shown Base Goku > SSJ Goku

it has been shown SSJ Goku = SSG and this has remained consistent throughout the show and saying Trunks can`t be SSG level would be absurd as Frieza ascended beyond that in four months. Trunks has had years also Vegeta surpassed SSG in 6 months without God ki, before he made that comment "is this godly ki? the pressure is immense" showing he did not have it

absolutely nothing has shown that base Goku has been above SSJ Goku and the only thing that have ever been shown is that they have God ki when they are SSB . i don`t know of a single instance where this theory becomes relevant and i can`t think of why this theory needs to exist it does not help but only complicates the show

Goku being SSG level as a SSJ would cause no issues and him having God ki only as a SSB works and is the only consistent evidence for the show

again i have to ask where is the evidence?

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:30 am

My opinion on the Two-Base Theory is that it is virtually impossible to create a power level list that makes ANY numerical sense without it. I have yet to find a SINGLE list that doesn't use the Two-Base theory. What's more is that most of the people whose lists I've been following agree with it too. I've been following Kaboom's list for a long time and he is correct in saying that if Super wouldn't explain jack, then we're not in the wrong to make up our own theory to explain it. Heck, there might be no direct evidence but you can still use that one page from the FNF manga where Goku attacks Whis with a SSJG silhouette as evidence that he can still use his God powers in base.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

SuperSalt

Post by SuperSalt » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:39 am

Personally I don't believe that they have 2 base forms. When Goku was battling Beerus he absorbed the God-ki, and made it part of himself. I don't see any reasons for believing that he can turn it on and off. He most likely can control it with near perfection.

But I don't know. We'll just have to see if they address this at some point in the anime or the manga :clap:

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:49 am

SuperSalt wrote:Personally I don't believe that they have 2 base forms. When Goku was battling Beerus he absorbed the God-ki, and made it part of himself. I don't see any reasons for believing that he can turn it on and off. He most likely can control it with near perfection.

But I don't know. We'll just have to see if they address this at some point in the anime or the manga :clap:
The theory is over a year old. Most fans have accepted that the anime will never address it.

The manga already supports the two base theory through SSG.