I want YOUR opinion of the Two-Base Theory

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: I want YOUR opinion of the Two-Base Theory

Post by Bullza » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:42 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Bullza wrote:But an unknown amount of time passed between Trunks fighting Dabura to him fighting Goku. Goku also didn't need to use SSJ2 against him, he just used it to match him.
Are you saying Trunks is god level too? Goku obviously needed SS2, otherwise he wouldn't have gone SS3.
But Goku was trying to find out strong Black was in comparison to himself. He only turned into a Super Saiyan 3 so that Trunks could compare that power to Blacks. He didn't turn into a Super Saiyan Blue because Trunks couldn't have sensed that so Super Saiyan 3 was the next best thing.

And yeah I guess Trunks could be God level. When he first showed up the plot meant he was almost as strong as Goku and now that's happened again. God (SSJG) level isn't special anymore just like how Super Saiyan was special at first being the most powerful being in the universe and then before you know it Piccolo was compared to it.

SSJ3 Gotenks couldn't make Copy Vegeta move when he had his guard down. SSJ2 Trunks was able to push SSJ2 Goku back when he had his guard up.

He was also complimented by Beerus and Goku. He also wasn't instantly stomped by Black who was complimented by Whis.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Bullza wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Bullza wrote:But an unknown amount of time passed between Trunks fighting Dabura to him fighting Goku. Goku also didn't need to use SSJ2 against him, he just used it to match him.
Are you saying Trunks is god level too? Goku obviously needed SS2, otherwise he wouldn't have gone SS3.
But Goku was trying to find out strong Black was in comparison to himself. He only turned into a Super Saiyan 3 so that Trunks could compare that power to Blacks. He didn't turn into a Super Saiyan Blue because Trunks couldn't have sensed that so Super Saiyan 3 was the next best thing.

And yeah I guess Trunks could be God level. When he first showed up the plot meant he was almost as strong as Goku and now that's happened again. God (SSJG) level isn't special anymore just like how Super Saiyan was special at first being the most powerful being in the universe and then before you know it Piccolo was compared to it.

SSJ3 Gotenks couldn't make Copy Vegeta move when he had his guard down. SSJ2 Trunks was able to push SSJ2 Goku back when he had his guard up.

He was also complimented by Beerus and Goku. He also wasn't instantly stomped by Black who was complimented by Whis.
We know that Trunks fought Dabra not along ago because he had his current design when he did it, also he barely unlocked SS2. There's simply no way he's God level, the power scaling in the series is just inconsistent and the two-base theory is needed.

Whis and Beerus also complimented SS3 Goku, so that's not anything to brag about.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:53 pm

You know what's funny about people not being able to sense god ki... it was a thing at the beginnign but how could Frieza do it? Or did he just cool blue hair and I THINK you are super strong?

How could Hit do it after he noticed Vegeta changed against Cabba?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:00 pm

Kishido wrote:You know what's funny about people not being able to sense god ki... it was a thing at the beginnign but how could Frieza do it? Or did he just cool blue hair and I THINK you are super strong?

It was heavily implied that it's a skill you can learn.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:23 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Kishido wrote:You know what's funny about people not being able to sense god ki... it was a thing at the beginnign but how could Frieza do it? Or did he just cool blue hair and I THINK you are super strong?

Yeah so Golden Frieza who had no clue about it suddenly learned it... And we auto think that Hit has god ki sensing skills as well.

Seriously... The power scaling AND the explaining are really bad at super... So people try to come up with "theories" to explain it... Even if it wil never be stated.

I do not bale them... But it won't change a thing.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:33 pm

Kishido wrote:
Doctor. wrote:

Yeah so Golden Frieza who had no clue about it suddenly learned it... And we auto think that Hit has god ki sensing skills as well.

Seriously... The power scaling AND the explaining are really bad at super... So people try to come up with "theories" to explain it... Even if it wil never be stated.

I do not bale them... But it won't change a thing.
Freeza learning it is farfetched, but I see no reason as to why Hit can't learn it. His power is already God-level to begin with.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:40 pm

Excuse me... this is an opinion thread, not a debate thread. Might want to carry over the conversation somewhere else? Thanks! :D
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:41 pm

Kishido wrote:
Doctor. wrote:

Yeah so Golden Frieza who had no clue about it suddenly learned it...
Vegeta suddenly learned how to sense normal ki on Earth in his fight against Goku. And with how strong Golden Freeza is, I don't think it's too farfetched for Freeza to learn how to sense God Ki so quickly, even if it's still kind of an asspull.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:00 am

We know that Trunks fought Dabra not along ago because he had his current design when he did it, also he barely unlocked SS2. There's simply no way he's God level, the power scaling in the series is just inconsistent and the two-base theory is needed.

Whis and Beerus also complimented SS3 Goku, so that's not anything to brag about.
We have no idea when he changed his outfit. He could have changed it the very next day after beating Cell. There's almost 10 years between his fight with Dabura and his fight with Black for him to improve.

When someone like Cabba is God level there's no reason why Trunks can't be.

Super Saiyan Goku is God level for a fact. Black is stronger than Super Saiyan 3 Goku for a fact. Black did not instantly steamroll Trunks and he was able to push back Super Saiyan 2 Goku. That makes him God level like pretty much all the other new characters are now.

There's nothing that inconsistent about it, it's odd that he reached that power somehow but that's how it goes in this series.

Being as the two base theory factually doesn't exist then this is just how it's presented to us.

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:39 am

Bullza wrote:The newest episode also showed there was nothing to this two base theory.

Something that was argued for it was that Super Saiyan Blue was Goku or Vegeta as a Super Saiyan with the God Ki switched on and so Goku or Vegeta as a regular Super Saiyan was them as a Super Saiyan with God Ki switched off making them at regular levels (like Cell level).

However Goku turned into a Super Saiyan (or 2) against Zamasu to which Gowasa said that Goku's power rivals the God of Destruction so they are not at regular levels at all. Being as how Black, Magetta, Super Saiyan Cabba and to a lesser extent Frost were all sort of comparable to Super Saiyan (or 2) Goku or Vegeta then they too are certainly not at Cell or Buu arc levels.

Additionally Super Saiyan still makes them dozens of times stronger so there don't appear to be as strong as Super Saiyan God but obviously they are still much stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks.
I don't think a Kaioshin can even comprehend how astronomically strong Beerus is, he just sensed an enormous power level and likened it to Beerus'. I wouldn't put much weight to the statement.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:44 am

I don't think a Kaioshin can even comprehend how astronomically strong Beerus is, he just sensed an enormous power level and likened it to Beerus'. I wouldn't put much weight to the statement.
He might not be referring to Beerus, he could have been talking about Universe 10's God of Destruction.

What was said was mainly just a second confirmation that Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2 Goku is not at the regular levels he was at during the Buu arc which was something we already knew from Super Saiyan Goku's fight with Beerus.

Their base level is stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks and their Super Saiyan level is roughly as strong as Super Saiyan God. That's it.

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:38 am

Bullza wrote:
He might not be referring to Beerus, he could have been talking about Universe 10's God of Destruction.

What was said was mainly just a second confirmation that Super Saiyan or Super Saiyan 2 Goku is not at the regular levels he was at during the Buu arc which was something we already knew from Super Saiyan Goku's fight with Beerus.

Their base level is stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks and their Super Saiyan level is roughly as strong as Super Saiyan God. That's it.
if their super saiyan form is as strong as SSJG then super Saiyan blue would provide no benefit

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:20 am

MaxZ wrote:
Bullza wrote:

if their super saiyan form is as strong as SSJG then super Saiyan blue would provide no benefit
Why wouldn't it? Super Saiyan is as strong as Super Saiyan God which we know from the Goku vs Beerus rematch and Super Saiyan Blue is stronger than their Super Saiyan 3 which we know from Vegeta saying that it's the highest level.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:30 am

Doctor. wrote:We know that Trunks fought Dabra not along ago because he had his current design when he did it, also he barely unlocked SS2. There's simply no way he's God level, the power scaling in the series is just inconsistent and the two-base theory is needed.

This is an incredibly big assumption on your part that Trunks fought Dabra not long ago. Just because his current design is shown in the flashback does not mean that it wasn't years ago. There's no way he is God level, I agree. But Goku and Vegeta are not God level in any forms other than SSJB and even then their SSJB forms are still over 10x weaker than Beerus. The power scaling is fine and the two-base theory is not needed. What we have to come to terms with is that sometime after the fight between Beerus, Goku returned to more normal levels of power. He still received a huge upgrade to his base form but nothing compared to him fighting at God level while being a SSJ. Because both the two-base theory and the single-base theory fall down if Goku's SSJ form is still on par with SSJG. As I have pointed out before SSJG is greater than the Rage Vegeta who pushed Beerus to 10% so if SSJ is on par or equal to that then SSJB is even greater and thus KKx10 plus SSJB would push Goku well past Beerus 100% I mean just assuming that Beerus would be pushed to 11% to beat SSJB would mean that Beerus would require 110% if Goku uses KKx10 on top of SSJB. The only way we can have Goku still below Beerus is to have all his forms be weaker than his previous SSJG.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:56 am

Once again, I'm going to remind everyone that the original poster simply wants the opinion of his/her fellow users on the subject. It is not a place for debate, so please take the discussions to the relevant threads.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:16 pm

Hitiro wrote:
Doctor. wrote:We know that Trunks fought Dabra not along ago because he had his current design when he did it, also he barely unlocked SS2. There's simply no way he's God level, the power scaling in the series is just inconsistent and the two-base theory is needed.

This is an incredibly big assumption on your part that Trunks fought Dabra not long ago. Just because his current design is shown in the flashback does not mean that it wasn't years ago. There's no way he is God level, I agree. But Goku and Vegeta are not God level in any forms other than SSJB and even then their SSJB forms are still over 10x weaker than Beerus. The power scaling is fine and the two-base theory is not needed. What we have to come to terms with is that sometime after the fight between Beerus, Goku returned to more normal levels of power. He still received a huge upgrade to his base form but nothing compared to him fighting at God level while being a SSJ. Because both the two-base theory and the single-base theory fall down if Goku's SSJ form is still on par with SSJG. As I have pointed out before SSJG is greater than the Rage Vegeta who pushed Beerus to 10% so if SSJ is on par or equal to that then SSJB is even greater and thus KKx10 plus SSJB would push Goku well past Beerus 100% I mean just assuming that Beerus would be pushed to 11% to beat SSJB would mean that Beerus would require 110% if Goku uses KKx10 on top of SSJB. The only way we can have Goku still below Beerus is to have all his forms be weaker than his previous SSJG.
I have a big issue with the bolded.

Your notion that Goku at some point lost the SSJG power-up has evidence that can be interpretted in favor of it. But it's not said in the series.

The two-base theory also has evidence that can be interpretted in favor of it (for example, the fact that it was never said that Goku lost the SSJG power-up). And it is likewise not said in the series.

Do you get why there might be an issue with accepting a theory that has evidence but has never been directly supported on screen while we're simultaneously expected to reject a theory that has evidence but has never been directly supported on screen?
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:35 pm

Tectorman wrote:I have a big issue with the bolded.
*snip*
C'mon guys, this is getting a little ridiculous. This is the fifth time a freebie request has been made to respect the intention of the topic creator, with the previous one being immediately prior to the post I'm quoting. If you guys want to discuss and debate points posted by your fellow members, you're more than welcome to to quote their post and continue the discussion in one of the more appropriate threads for Super power levels or how the transformations do/don't work. There are a plethora of them in the Super section of the forums.

However, this topic was specifically created for members to state their own thoughts on the presented subject. That's it. Future posts derailing the thread will (unfortunately) be met with a warning, which can and will add up to temporary or permanent bans from the entirety of the Kanzenshuu website.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:40 pm

After the latest episode, it appears that all 3 continuities (movie, manga, anime) follow the same rules when it comes to absorbing Super Saiyan God, and the 2 base theory seems to be true. SS2 Trunks, who rivals SS2 Goku, can't sense god ki, while base Goku after he absorbed the power of SSG could sense god ki, along with base Vegeta, Freeza, and Hit, who are all in the level of gods.

Turning into Super Saiyan when they use the power of SSG in their base form doesn't appear to make them stronger (as seen in both movie & anime versions of the fight with Beerus), while after the BoG movie/arc, Goku & Vegeta seem to get the same ordinary boosts whenever they turn SS/2/3 (during the whole U6 arc & during the Future Trunks arc so far) but they only turn into SSB whenever they appear to be on the level of gods in their base forms (in Whis' training, vs Freeza, vs Monaka-Beerus, and vs Copy-Vegeta), and they also display an aura in their base forms in all of these cases (yes, I know that this normally doesn't mean anything since they have auras since early DBZ, but maybe in Super they use it now for Goku & Vegeta to tell us that they are using SSG power).

Yes, it hasn't been stated that there are 2 base forms anywhere so far (though this is a thing in video-games), but then again, they have barely explained anything about absorbing the power of Super Saiyan God. But since nothing is confirmed yet, only time will tell in the end.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

ryan s
Temporarily Banned

Post by ryan s » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:16 pm

I would say the latest episode disproves the two base theory

Episode 22 Vegeta says "is this godly ki? the pressure is immense"
Episode 54 Trunks "this overwhelming pressure"

proving Vegeta did not have god ki in his base and there is no reason to assume this has changed since episode 22 in my opinion

its implied frieza could sense god ki yet he clearly did not have it as everyone could sense him

Its implied Goku stacks SSG on to SSJ and does not have God ki until he is SSGSS and the same is implied for Vegeta

only in things like DB Heros have i saw the two base theory and they are not a good source in my opinion

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:23 pm

ryan s wrote:I would say the latest episode disproves the two base theory

Episode 22 Vegeta says "is this godly ki? the pressure is immense"
Episode 54 Trunks "this overwhelming pressure"

proving Vegeta did not have God ki in his base and there is no reason to assume this has changed since episode 22 in my opinion

its implied frieza could sense God ki yet he clearly did not have it as everyone could sense him

Its implied Goku stacks SSG on to SSJ and does not have God ki until he is SSGSS
Base Vegeta could sense god ki after his training with Whis, and it was stated that both he & Goku could do it because they had reached a certain level of power. SS2 Trunks, who rivals SS2 Goku, couldn't sense god ki... do the math.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.