Will we ever see Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta or not?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Will we ever see Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta or not?

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:17 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:
precita wrote:There's literally no point to see this NOW. If it happened before Vegeta got Super Saiyan Blue, maybe, but now?

No point. Just like we won't ever see red-haired Super Saiyan God Vegeta.
for the end of the series, i would like to see goku and vegeta fight from base all the way to ssj white

base
ssj
ssj2
ssj3
ssj red
ssj blue
ssj white
SSJ White isn't a thing. And hopefully stays that way

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:24 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:
precita wrote:There's literally no point to see this NOW. If it happened before Vegeta got Super Saiyan Blue, maybe, but now?

No point. Just like we won't ever see red-haired Super Saiyan God Vegeta.
for the end of the series, i would like to see goku and vegeta fight from base all the way to ssj white

base
ssj
ssj2
ssj3
ssj red
ssj blue
ssj white
SSJ White isn't a thing. And hopefully stays that way

ssj god white is the form goku will obtain while fighting zamasu who fuses back with black in about 4 episodes

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:31 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:

ssj god white is the form goku will obtain while fighting zamasu who fuses back with black in about 4 episodes
You sound awfully sure of yourself on that. :lol: :lol: :lol:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:04 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:
You can thank people like him for all the false info and rumors surrounding this franchise.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:09 pm

sintzu wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:
You can thank people like him for all the false info and rumors surrounding this franchise.
I'm pretty sure he was just joking.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:16 pm

dbgtFO wrote:Well Toriyama said SS2 and SS3 were just powered up versions of SS. One would imagine that would entail that having enough power would automatically transform you into those states, if you powered up with all your might.
Since Vegeta is far beyond that level, going SS3 should be a piece of cake.
Like sintzu said, this pretty much confirms it if we take Toriyama at his word. Now, will we see it? That's a different story.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:17 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I'm pretty sure he was just joking.
Was he joking about these as well ?
jplaya2023 wrote:SSJ3 isn't a form that can be achieved in a live body so no.
jplaya2023 wrote:vegeta absorbed ssj red powers during the ritual and used it to turn blue
I'm not against speculating but it shouldn't be talked about as a fact.

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:42 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote: Whaaaat? Aw damn, I thought for sure he was Super Saiyan God in GT.

Yes, I know.
Do you even Dragon Ball?

But seriously I've seen some really dumb theories about GT and Super Saiyan God. "Ssj4 Gogeta is really in SsjG form"

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:31 am

MadSaiyantist wrote:
TheGreatness25 wrote: Whaaaat? Aw damn, I thought for sure he was Super Saiyan God in GT.

Yes, I know.
Do you even Dragon Ball?

But seriously I've seen some really dumb theories about GT and Super Saiyan God. "Ssj4 Gogeta is really in SsjG form"
Naw, mayne, I do my Dragon Balling like I eat steak -- totally freaking boss.

Seriously, though, Super Saiyan God wasn't even a twinkle in Toriyama's eye when GT was out, so I wouldn't subscribe to that theory.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:01 am

sintzu wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I'm pretty sure he was just joking.
Was he joking about these as well ?
jplaya2023 wrote:SSJ3 isn't a form that can be achieved in a live body so no.
jplaya2023 wrote:vegeta absorbed ssj red powers during the ritual and used it to turn blue
I'm not against speculating but it shouldn't be talked about as a fact.
since we're not allowed to post scans here, there is a scan of goku saying ssj3 is not a wordly (alive body) technique to use. He also confirms that being alive the form burns to much ki quickly and he can't maintain it. It's implied he needed the dead body to obtain the form

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:33 am

jplaya2023 wrote:
since we're not allowed to post scans here, there is a scan of goku saying ssj3 is not a wordly (alive body) technique to use. He also confirms that being alive the form burns to much ki quickly and he can't maintain it. It's implied he needed the dead body to obtain the form
Yet Gotenks, who isn't dead, did it.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:52 am

rereboy wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:
fusion body in a room that time operates different from the outside world

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:13 am

I think that people are finding excuses for the SS3 thing. Nobody ever said that it has to be in a magical body or in a different dimension (hopefully not the one Vegeta kept sending people to in the Ocean days). Goku just said that it put a strain on the body and then he was surprised that Gotenks did it. Nobody said "Well, I mean he is fused and he was in the Room of Spirit and Time..." Would it make sense? Of course, but this is Dragon Ball. I learned a long time ago with this series that the golden rule is: "If it didn't happen or wasn't mentioned, it doesn't exist." Toriyama makes everything obvious... well, clearly not, but everything he intends to be part of the story is obvious and cut and dry. I highly doubt that he thought about the ramifications of having Gotenks achieve Super Saiyan 3 and not Vegeta. Much like I'm sure Akira Toriyama didn't sit here drawing diagrams about power scaling and feats and whatever else it is the fans pick apart; when he writes a fight, he writes it to be exciting. Yeah, it's not exciting when you have a clear cut stronger guy going against an obviously weaker guy, so all of the major fights need to be close and need to elicit the emotion that the good guy is going to lose and then, oh wait, somehow the good guy won! It's all just fans looking too deeply into territory that doesn't exist. So, I'm saying Vegeta could possibly become Super Saiyan 3. But the fact of the matter is that there is no reason for us to see it. It made sense in Boo, it made sense in GT, and it made sense in the beginning of Super. At this point, it's as if a character learned how to fly and then years later masters a technique where he jumps really, really high. It's kind of lackluster and unnecessary. Forget the fact that Super Saiyan 3 is weaker than the form that Vegeta achieved recently, but the strain it puts on the body is really useless.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:16 am

jplaya2023 wrote:
rereboy wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:
So? The theory for Vegeta not being able to do it was because he wasn't dead. Gotenks disproves that. And nothing is stated about Gotenks only being able to do it because he is a fusion or because he was on ROSAT, Goku only mentions that he didn't expect them to get that far, he doesn't say that he is surprised that they did without being dead or suggests that it was only possible because they are a fusion or because they were on ROSAT.

The truth is that there isn't any really good reason in the series for Vegeta to not have achieved SSJ3. We basically have to figure out a theory to even try to explain why he didn't. Meanwhile, things way more illogical/inconsistent happened in the series, especially in Super.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:24 am

jplaya2023 wrote:
rereboy wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:
Except the Room of Spirit and Time is just a parallel dimension where time runs faster when compared to another dimension - a minute in it is still 60 seconds in exactly this dimension - it is just not that 60 seconds passed on Earth meanwhile. That is really something different from the Realm of the Dead where there is no time. And just because it is better for a Super Saiyajin 3 to be in the Otherworld (which is by the way what is meant, not being dead but being in the Otherworld, after all Goku also had problems with SSJ3 while he was dead and shortened his 24h limit) does not mean it cannot be learned somewhere else.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:50 am

rereboy wrote:We basically have to figure out a theory to even try to explain why he didn't. Meanwhile, things way more illogical/inconsistent happened in the series, especially in Super.
I mean, do we? He just never achieved it, that's all. Like how Gohan never achieved the bulk form or how Goten never achieved Super Saiyan 2. The character just never made it that far until an alternative appeared. It turns out that an alternative appeared soon thereafter. For us, it's been like 20 years, but for them it's been, what, two years or so?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:53 am

TheGreatness25 wrote:I mean, do we? He just never achieved it, that's all. Like how Gohan never achieved the bulk form or how Goten never achieved Super Saiyan 2. The character just never made it that far until an alternative appeared. It turns out that an alternative appeared soon thereafter. For us, it's been like 20 years, but for them it's been, what, two years or so?
[spoiler]Image

Okay, so that's fanart.[/spoiler]
We don't know he never achieved it; he just doesn't use it.
MyAnimeList | AniList

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:05 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:I mean, do we? He just never achieved it, that's all.
Toriyama said Ssj2 & 3 are powered up versions of Ssj1 so if he wanted to he could power up to it cause his base is leagues beyond what Ssj3 requires.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:19 pm

I think Vegeta already achieved Super Saiyan 3 long ago. He just won't use it because there's no point in doing so. It's like having Vegeta use Grade II again after he achieved Super Saiyan 2, or having Trunk use Grade III after he mastered Super Saiyan. Goku only used it again in the new arc to show Trunks that there is a higher state than SSj2.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:20 pm

Khin wrote:I think Vegeta already achieved Super Saiyan 3 long ago. He just won't use it because there's no point in doing so. It's like having Vegeta use Grade II again after he achieved Super Saiyan 2, or having Trunk use Grade III after he mastered Super Saiyan. Goku only used it again in the new arc to show Trunks that there is a higher state than SSj2.
But that brings up the question, why use Super Saiyan if there's Super Saiyan 2?
MyAnimeList | AniList