Is it possible to achieve Rosé?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Is it possible to achieve Rosé?

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:31 am

So, I've been thinking ... we now know that Goku Black is just Son Goku's body with Present Zamasu's mind/spirit/consciousness in it. So, this body of Goku achieved a version of Super Saiyan 1 called Super Saiyan Rosé.

Now, I've been thinking could other characters achieve SSR? Could Vegeta or Son Goku do so because a saiyan's body achieved it? OR is SSR JUST the physical manifestation of regular Super Saiyan 1 when an evil entity is using the body?

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Is it possible to achieve Rosé?

Post by emperior » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:33 am

I think SSR is just SSB when used with Evil God Ki.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:58 am

They shouldn't be able to. Super Saiyan Rosé is unique to Goku Black's biology. It isn't "just" Goku's body anymore. The moment Zamasu merged with it, he made it into his own. It's Zamasu/Goku, yet not quite them as evidenced by its strange ki signature and exclusive abilities. Additionally, his transformation shares characteristics with the calm Super Saiyan Blue. He's already utilizing the most relevant power available.
emperior wrote:I think SSR is just SSB when used with Evil God Ki.
There's no suggestion that his godly ki is any different than anyone else's use of the same source.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:43 am

SSJR is a transformation of the Saiyan race in the same line of the highest beings: Beerus and Whis (Rose, Beers and Whiskey). Zamasu is channeling his own God will through Goku and his biology, so there can't be SSJR without the former.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:13 pm

Super Saiyan Blue is just normal Super Saiyan with God Ki flowing through it instead of normal Ki turning it Blue, the same goes for SSR. Black achieved normal Super Saiyan but because he is a God who has God Ki it automatically skipped him to Super Saiyan Rosé. It is equivalent to Super Saiyan Blue's power, and the he may have chose the color from the Sakura Pedals or that's just his natural Ki color turning it Pink. So in my opinion, no other Saiyan can achieve SSR without Zamasu possessing their body as a requirement.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:23 pm

I think Super Saiyan Rose is just customised in a specific way by Zamasu to distinguished from how the regular SSJ would look like on Goku and infused with God ki. So I don't think it's possible achieve your own version of Super Saiyan Rose.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:29 pm

Goku Black just has a slightly inverted colour scheme so I think Rosé is exclusive to him.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:22 am

From what the story is implying, it's entirely possible that Rose is a form exclusive to only Goku Black. We've seen how Zamasu in the body of Goku caused alterations to occur such as the aura, ki, how Black's base form is equal to SSJ3, Black's lean appearance (akin to Zamasu's original appearance), etc. I think that SSJR is an altered version of SSJB considering that it's a god in a mortal's body who has also achieved godhood.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:40 am

It shouldn't be achievable, I still want gohan to get it just for shits and giggles
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:37 pm

Kaios and Kaioshins don't have god Ki, Goku can use Instantaneus Movement whenever he wants to go to Kaio of North's planet and Kaioshin's realm as he already did many times.

Super Saiyan Rosé is an alternate version of Super Saiyan, we don't know what it truly is but I don't think it's possible.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:23 pm

Yes, super Saiyan rose is simply evil super Saiyan god, that is the only thing it can be. It has the same aura, and he even names it to a similar pattern to super Saiyan blue.

Its evil super Saiyan blue folks

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:21 am

It's literally just a different hair color, holy shit.

i just assumed Zamasu chose to make it pink just to be unique, like how Freeza said he chose to make his new form gold.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:41 am

Grimlock wrote:Kaios and Kaioshins don't have god Ki, Goku can use Instantaneus Movement whenever he wants to go to Kaio of North's planet and Kaioshin's realm as he already did many times.
There's wiggle room with Kaiou that Goku was locking on to Bubbles or the planet itself (since planets have genki, according to Kaiou). Likewise, Kaiou seemingly had no battle power that Goku could detect when he first arrived on the planet, as he initially thought Bubbles was Kaiou and was surprised when Kaiou appeared.

As for Kaioushin, Goku only teleported there once, and that was after locking on to Gohan's ki. Likewise, it was readily established in the Buu arc that Goku and the others couldn't sense Kaioushin's battle power at all, which can be explained as him having godly ki.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:03 am

Darkprince410 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:Kaios and Kaioshins don't have god Ki, Goku can use Instantaneus Movement whenever he wants to go to Kaio of North's planet and Kaioshin's realm as he already did many times.
There's wiggle room with Kaiou that Goku was locking on to Bubbles or the planet itself (since planets have genki, according to Kaiou). Likewise, Kaiou seemingly had no battle power that Goku could detect when he first arrived on the planet, as he initially thought Bubbles was Kaiou and was surprised when Kaiou appeared.

As for Kaioushin, Goku only teleported there once, and that was after locking on to Gohan's ki. Likewise, it was readily established in the Buu arc that Goku and the others couldn't sense Kaioushin's battle power at all, which can be explained as him having godly ki.
To further support your analysis, the only other time Goku reached the Kaioshin Realm was when Kibitoshin teleported him & Vegeta there.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:03 pm

I'd be very surprised if it was possible to "achieve" Rose.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:33 am

I figure the difference between Rosé and Blue could just be whether you have godly ki naturally (like if you're a Kaio/Kaioshin who happened to end up in body of a Saiyan) or if you gained it somehow (like through the SSj God ritual or undergoing Whis's training alongside somebody who had done the ritual.) In that case, someone like Goku or Vegeta would never be able to transform into Rosé, though a fusion with them and one of the Kaioshins or Beerus or something probably would be able to.

Or maybe it's whether you are officially are "a god" vs. just being a mortal with godly ki. If that's the case, maybe if Goku took Whis up on the offer of making him a God of Destruction when Beerus dies, his newly-acquired "actually a god" status would mean he'd end up transforming into Rosé rather than Blue if he went Super Saiyan.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:45 am

Pantalones wrote:I figure the difference between Rosé and Blue could just be whether you have godly ki naturally (like if you're a Kaio/Kaioshin who happened to end up in body of a Saiyan) or if you gained it somehow (like through the SSj God ritual or undergoing Whis's training alongside somebody who had done the ritual.) In that case, someone like Goku or Vegeta would never be able to transform into Rosé, though a fusion with them and one of the Kaioshins or Beerus or something probably would be able to.

Or maybe it's whether you are officially are "a god" vs. just being a mortal with godly ki. If that's the case, maybe if Goku took Whis up on the offer of making him a God of Destruction when Beerus dies, his newly-acquired "actually a god" status would mean he'd end up transforming into Rosé rather than Blue if he went Super Saiyan.
Meh, Rose is probably just an evil super Saiyan blue. That's all it could be, but then we truly don't know, if it is.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:49 am

I think the last universe survival arc implied Goku vould get Rose.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:54 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:I think the last universe survival arc implied Goku vould get Rose.
Huh, how? Was there anything confirming this? Or are you making this up? Not trying to insult you just want to know :?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Gog wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:I think the last universe survival arc implied Goku vould get Rose.
Huh, how? Was there anything confirming this? Or are you making this up? Not trying to insult you just want to know :?
The preview says it looks forward to Goku's further evolution, I'm thinking a new transformation.