The new arc will (may?) settle an old debate: Tenshinhan vs. Kuririn

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulianStyles
Banned

The new arc will (may?) settle an old debate: Tenshinhan vs. Kuririn

Post by JulianStyles » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:17 am

This is the most heated debate among fans. For Krillin fans who can't accept it. To Tienshinhan fans who are frustrated with constant dismissal of proof.

The argument for Krillin. Potential unlocked. And it was said he's the strongest Earthling.

Argument for Tien? Tien was introduced as stronger. Official power levels up to the Sayain saga has him stronger. Non official power levels from Japanese games has him stronger.Trained 260 days with King Kai in 10× gravity. The Daizenshuu, made by Akira and his staff, the dragonball encyclopedia states Tien is a Decendant of Aliens. http://magikarp46.com/dragonball/guideb ... ldview.php here's the link. This was translated by the people who run this site. The flaw in the "Earthling" comment. Gohan,Goten,Trunks,17,18 and even Piccolo are considered Earthlings. Check the link scroll down to various races.It. There's a pie chart and explanation. The same statement of Tien being a Decendant of Aliens is repeated yes in non canon but Licensed DragonBall material. Games such as DBZ tenchaichi budokai and ragging blast 2. In orange box DVD bios. Under race for Tien it says Decendant of the three eyed people. Also when asked if Tien is human. Akira responded. "In Asia beings with a third eye are looked as godlike. It seems Tienshinhan lost a myriad of powers because he was raised by evil." So with all that knowledge. What kind of Earthling is in the category that Krillin is stronger than? It's clearly pure humans. But most Krillin fans don't accept this.

So what other proof? Everything from Android saga to present day. Tien has shown more bravery,reliability, leadership,power more impactful than Krillin. Let's discuss super so far. Krillin admits he doesn't fight or train anymore. That's 11 years without training. While ROF bio and interview with Akira he states Tien still trains. BOG Tien charges Beerus, Krillin in the movie runs away. The series he says he doesn't fight. ROF Tien has no problem with his soilders and is dominant. Krillin is overwhelmed and needs to be saved by Gohan. In the series it's Tienshinhan who saves him.

But for Krillin fans. None of this is concrete proof. There's an excuse for each. So for the first time since the Sayain saga both will be in a situation to truly fight. We get a proper power scale for them based on the opponents. Also who ever beats the toughest opponent or advances further or hell maybe fight each other. Will finally give undisputed proof of who's stronger than the other.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: The new Arc will settle an age old debate. Tien vs Krilin

Post by DSB » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:35 am

Doesnt matter .. Tien is the Stronger

Krillin is just the Strongest Pure Human .

The new Arc will show nothing that hasent been shown already

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:38 am

DSB wrote:Doesnt matter .. Tien is the Stronger

Krillin is just the Strongest Pure Human .

The new Arc will show nothing that hasent been shown already
Yeah but allot of blind fans out there. They need it in flashing lights.

MondoCool

Post by MondoCool » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:43 am

I'm the biggest Krillin fan I know. To keep it short, Tien is the stronger character. Especially given the gap in training (both quality and quantity as you stated).

This is the argument I have with myself: Tien is part alien which gives him the edge, but what percentage alien is he? I doubt it's very high. It's probably a similar amount to the kind of people who have one Cherokee ancestor from 10 generations ago and all their other ancestors of the last 500 years are European, but still claim to be Native American. Just a drop in a bucket ain't cutting it for me.

Then again, apparently it's enough of a dominant trait for him to grow a third freaking eye out of his forehead. And if you, for some reason, count the DBGT special, Goku/Vegeta Jr were only like 1/16th and could still activate Super Saiyan... which the Daizenshuu had previously said should be impossible...

At any rate, human or not, love me some Krillin, but Tien is the stonger character IMO. That's subject to change at the will of the writers because Dragon Ball has always been a pretty inconsistent series, but if we're using real world logic - Tein wins. He's trained harder for a longer duration and is more dominant in a fight, even if he was 100% human, I'd give him the edge over Krillin at this point.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:58 am

Chiaotzu, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, and Piccolo's rate of growth with North Kaio aren't recorded in the original story. Narrative dialogue related to their increased strength is also neglected in the Namek arc. How they're measured compared to everyone else after their afterlife training in the Namek arc is left up in the air. Piccolo himself never had the chance to display the fruits of his training before merging with Nail. It's not even ambiguous, it's specifically unknown in that point of the story. :P

Tenshinhan's connection with the Three-Eyed Clan is used as a talking point to explain his ability to grow additional limbs and split into four individuals. He's still considered a Human-type Earthling so I'm not sure what flaw you're referring to. This is reinforced in the Super Exciting Guide Story Volume guidebook, which was released after Daizenshuu 4 & Daizenshuu 7 in 2009, where it continues to classify Tenshinhan as a Human-type Earthling. Kuririn is also considered a Human-type Earthling. In the interview you referenced, Toriyama doesn't confirm or deny Tenshinhan's humanity. In context, he only explained why he was designed with a third eye.

Gohan, Trunks, and Goten are referenced as half-Saiyans, No. 17 & No. 18 as biological-type Artificial Humans, and Piccolo as a Dragon Clan Namekian reincarnated as a Warrior-type Namekian. By the way, Toriyama didn't directly write anything in the Daizenshuu volumes. Shueisha handled their production while consulting Toriyama through the lengthy interviews contained in the books. They also requested him to draw the cover art of each databook and additional images. I don't recall Dragon Ball Super's Kuririn claiming he didn't train anymore. Do you remember which episode he claimed that? For reference, here's Kanzenshuu's translations of Resurrection F's character profiles. Detail of Kuririn neglecting his training is not present.
Official Revival of F Website Character Profiles wrote:KURIRIN (Mayumi Tanaka)
The strongest Earthling warrior, who became a pupil of Kame-Sen'nin's with Goku, and who has fought together with him in numerous life-or-death battles. Now he patrols the town as a police officer.

TENSHINHAN (Hikaru Midorikawa)
A martial artist formerly of the Crane School, who had aspired to become the world's best hitman, but had a change of heart after meeting Goku & co. He had continued on a journey of training apart from Goku and the others, but perceiving Freeza's massively powerful ki, he rushes to the scene.
I don't recall Kuririn "running away" from anything in the Battle of Gods film. Are you misinterpreting the scenario? He never left the location. In Resurrection F, Dragon Team's motive was to stall the battle until Goku & Vegeta arrived. The moment you referenced from the film occurred after Kuririn slammed himself into a tree. Freeza's forces were not responsible for that.
MondoCool wrote:And if you, for some reason, count the DBGT special, Goku/Vegeta Jr were only like 1/16th and could still activate Super Saiyan... which the Daizenshuu had previously said should be impossible...
Daizenshuu 7 never claimed individuals with diluted Saiyan blood were unable to transform into Super Saiyans. All that was said is that Pan hasn't become a Super Saiyan. Dragon Ball GT Perfect Files claim that both Pan & Bra have the potential to become Super Saiyans.
Daizenshuu 7: Character Dictionary wrote:Pan
Gohan and Videl's firstborn daughter
History:A quarter Saiyan born to the half-Saiyan Gohan and the Earthling Videl after Majin Buu's annihilation. With Goku and Mister Satan as her grandfathers, she was born into what is in many ways an amazing lineage. She's spent more time being trained by her grandfather Goku than her father or mother, which she enjoys. Her other grandfather, Mister Satan, seems to dote on her incessantly. She lit up the stage in the Tenkaichi Budoukai, defeating a large adult in one blow.
First Appearance: chapter 518
Special Characteristics: Her features are identical to her mother Videl, but she gets her black eyes from her father Gohan. Being a quarter [Saiyan], though she's never become an Oozaru or Super Saiyan, her Saiyan blood gives her outstanding fighting talent. Compared to Gohan, Goten, or Trunks, who slacked off in their training, she enjoys to train. Goku seems to be extremely fond of her. What's more, she calls Goku “gramps”, giving off a feeling of rusticity such as Goku used to have when he was a boy, something not seen in Gohan or Goten.
Techniques:Bukujutsu, etc
Tenkaichi Budoukai: She entered the 28th Tenkaichi Budoukai, and in the first round easily won against the giant Mou Kekko with just a slap and a kick. In the second round she won by default, due to Goku and Uub abandoning their match. The results of the matches after this are unknown. (Daizenshuu 4, p.124)
Dragon Ball GT Perfect Files Super Saiyan Evolution Chapter wrote:Will new Super Saiyans emerge?
Pan has inherited Saiyan blood and posses high battle power!! If the conditions introduced on the right-hand page [see above] are met, Pan and even Vegeta's daughter Bra should be able to transform into Super Saiyans!! When the evilest of dangers arrives, perhaps the first female Super Saiyans in history will appear!?
At any rate, human or not, love me some Krillin, but Tien is the stonger character IMO. That's subject to change at the will of the writers because Dragon Ball has always been a pretty inconsistent series, but if we're using real world logic - Tein wins. He's trained harder for a longer duration and is more dominant in a fight, even if he was 100% human, I'd give him the edge over Krillin at this point.
As detailed in my post, Kuririn is currently described as the strongest Human-type Earthling. I don't understand what you mean by rules of reality either. While Tenshinhan kept up his training, how hard he practiced and how much he improved since the Artificial Humans arc has not been detailed in the original story or other supplementary material.
Last edited by Nejishiki on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:24 am

As already addressed above, despite Ten being said to a descendant of the three eyed clan, the likes Daizenshuu 4 and SEG still labeled Tenshinhan as an Earthling, and so is Kuririn. Promotional material for Battle of Gods and Fukkatsu no F labeled Kuririn as the strongest Earthling.

Official Battle power have Kuririn having a BP of 75,000 at the start of the battle with Freeza --that's the highest recorded battle power for Kuririn and is way higher than Tenshinhan's highest known battle power. Sure, Tenshinhan trained with Kaio, but much did he improved? Did Tenshinhan's training with Kaio and several years of training closed the massive gap between them and Kuririn?

The gap between Tenshinhan and Kuririn's highest recorded battle power is about 40 times, that's the same gap that not even Goku was able to close between his base form and Freeza until he received the god powers. Tenshinhan train in the mountains like Piccolo, and the latter is also the same guy that wasn't shown to receive any massive gaps between Cell and Boo Arc.

The case with between Tenshinhan and Kuririn is similar to the case between Freeza and Base Goku. Freeza was dead for more than 20 years, but Goku, who trained hard every day and went through special training never surpassed him until he received god powers. Same for Tenshinhan, even though Kuririn retired from martial arts, Ten still never surpassed him due to the massive gap between their powers.

All evidence and implications --whether it be the manga, interview, movie bios, or video games-- points towards Kuririn being the strongest Earthling. There's nothing that really says that Tenshinhan is stronger than the two aside from fan assumptions. Mr. Akira Toriyama himself said in the the DB Tenkaichi Densetsu Joint Interview that Kuririn is strongest among Earthlings, and so did Yamcha during the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai.

I really don't understand why people still argue than Tenshinhan is stronger of the two. What exactly is wrong with Tenshinhan being weaker than Kuririn? Why over-complicate it? Why deny all implication and evidence that points toward Kuririn being stronger? Don't get me wrong, Tenshinhan is my favorite character along with Vegeta, but I think it's just silly.

Tenshinhan showing more bravery doesn't necessarily mean he's stronger -- that's just what Ten's character is. Tenshinhan facing off against Semi-Cell, Evil Boo and Beerus doesn't make him stronger than Kuririn, it just shows his bravery, and what makes those scenes great is that even though he know he's way out of their league, he still went there and tried his best.

Yajirobe and Chaozu in the Saiyan Arc are pure example of how bravery doesn't equal strength. In the arc, Yajirobe was scared to face off against the Saiyans and only showed up later, meanwhile Chaozu still went off and faced them despite Tenshinhan telling him to not go. But that does mean that Chaozu is stronger than Yajirobe?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:43 am

There is no debate and there has never been any debate. Tenshinhan fans try to create this debate purely because they can't accept the fact that he was surpassed by Kuririn after the Saiyan arc and every official source, including Toriyama himself, treat it as such.

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:27 pm

I have no doubt Tien is stronger and more skilled and confident than Krilin.
Vados Sama!

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:33 pm

Doctor. wrote:There is no debate and there has never been any debate. Tenshinhan fans try to create this debate purely because they can't accept the fact that he was surpassed by Kuririn after the Saiyan arc and every official source, including Toriyama himself, treat it as such.
Toriyama said Krilin was the strongest human. Tien is an alien, so this sentence doesn't work for him. Only with guys like Yamcha, Roshi, Guimao...

In skills Tien can learn techniques only seeing once. He also created some techniques and improved others. Krilin created the Kienzan (a good one), nothing more...In Sayan arc Krilin got his boost in Namek, yes! But Tien trained in King Kai planet and got his boost too. He was capable to stop semi perfect Cell for a while...I doubt Krilin can do something close to this even now.
When everybody was fighting Frieza's army, Tien did much more difference than Krilin.
The next step we will see in tournament! I bet Tien will show his value.
Vados Sama!

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:35 pm

Doctor. wrote:There is no debate and there has never been any debate. Tenshinhan fans try to create this debate purely because they can't accept the fact that he was surpassed by Kuririn after the Saiyan arc and every official source, including Toriyama himself, treat it as such.
I completely agree, there never was a debate.

But I will say this, I can see why your average casual fan would think Tenshinhan is stronger than Kuririn. We really have no actual feats for post Namek Kuririn but we do have a fairly impressive one for Tenshinhan. Plus considering the following, who would you assume to be stronger:
1. The tall buff bald guy or the short, relatively less buff bald guy?
2. The guy who actually did win against Goku once or the guy who lost against Goku match-power?
3. The bad-ass guy who trained all his life or the guy who got married and settled down?
4. Someone who didn't give a damn about "Powar Levuls" and Kikoho'd Cell or someone who has an entire "Owned count" dedicated to him?

I think we should cut "Tien" fans some slack. They just don't know any better, neither do they want to know that their pre-existing beliefs have no actual basis.
Just because Tenshinhan is taller and more muscular, it doesn't mean he's stronger.
Dragon Ball is a series where a pre-teen kid took out an entire army, a 100+ year old mercenary and an ancient demon all by himself.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:52 pm

The "debate" has been settled since sometime in 1993, when Toriyama told us vicariously through Yamcha in the manga that Kuririn was "the strongest in the world, at least among Earthlings." Every source that matters has only repeated that sentiment since then, and it seems highly unlikely at this point that Kuririn will lose the title.

Tenshinhan is a natural Earthling as well (the only sources to hint at his distant alien heritage still label him as one) and he's done nothing to show that he's stronger than Kuririn or anyone else. He's shown that he's braver or more reckless, he's shown that he's a more dedicated warrior, he's shown that he has better work ethic, he's shown that he has more broken techniques... but he's shown nothing to actually demonstrate, clearly and plainly, that he's actually stronger.

Khin made a great point by comparing Ten and Kuririn to Goku and Freeza. A weaker character training while a stronger one remains static does not in any way guarantee the former will just automatically surpass the latter, especially if the latter's lead was huge. That was the case for base Goku compared to 100% Freeza, and it's apparently the same for Tenshinhan compared to Kuririn too.

Also, like Macky, I don't blame the average Tenshinhan fan for not knowing better. Tenshinhan does exude an air of strength and confidence compared to Kuririn that makes him feel like he should be the stronger one, and he does have a better past track record than Kuririn. But "feel" does not equal fact, and a past status quo does not determine the future. When one has everything laid out for them like this — every straightforward and un-twistable guidebook tidbit and Toriyama quote presented, every so-called "feat" of Tenshinhan's explained, and the distinct lack of any evidence to the contrary — and yet still insists, "nope, Kuririn CAN'T be stronger than Tenshinhan," then that's stopped being innocent ignorance and has become stubborn and foolish defiance.

If, and that's a VERY big "if," this Universe Survival arc of Super does somehow go out of its way to show Tenshinhan being stronger than Kuririn in some undeniable way, then that's still not going to do anything to negate the fact that Kuririn's been the stronger one all this time. It would just mean that, in Super's continuity, something has finally allowed Tenshinhan to become the stronger one again.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:58 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:I completely agree, there never was a debate.

But I will say this, I can see why your average casual fan would think Tenshinhan is stronger than Kuririn. We really have no actual feats for post Namek Kuririn but we do have a fairly impressive one for Tenshinhan. Plus considering the following, who would you assume to be stronger:
2. The guy who actually did win against Goku once or the guy who lost against Goku match-power?
3. The bad-ass guy who trained all his life or the guy who got married and settled down?
4. Someone who didn't give a damn about "Powar Levuls" and Kikoho'd Cell or someone who has an entire "Owned count" dedicated to him?

I think we should cut "Tien" fans some slack. They just don't know any better, neither do they want to know that their pre-existing beliefs have no actual basis.
Just because Tenshinhan is taller and more muscular, it doesn't mean he's stronger.
Dragon Ball is a series where a pre-teen kid took out an entire army, a 100+ year old mercenary and an ancient demon all by himself.
I disagree with you on the size of the characters. Yamcha is taller than Krillin, but we don't say he's stronger, do we? Also, Tien training all his life is a good reason why I think Tien is stronger than Krillin, who didn't train for 7 full years.

We also know how it was back in the original Dragon Ball series, how Tien was stronger than Krillin. Tien's ways of training are much superior than Krillin's, specially considering the latter doesn't train as hard.

Sure Krillin was stronger in the Frieza arc, but Tien trained with King Kai nearly 2 times what Goku did, I don't doubt his increases are better than Goku's (who had increased his power 20 times his old one), specially since he had Yamcha and Chiaotzu as partners (although Chiaotzu is not that strong though). I can't see why Tien couldn't at least close the gap to Krillin and manages to get into a bit more or a bit less than the 75K Krillin has. And with the 7 years that Tien was training, and not Krillin, that can conclude that Tien is stronger.
Kaboom wrote:The "debate" has been settled since sometime in 1993, when Toriyama told us vicariously through Yamcha in the manga that Kuririn was "the strongest in the world, at least among Earthlings." Every source that matters has only repeated that sentiment since then, and it seems highly unlikely at this point that Kuririn will lose the title.
Yamcha was telling Krillin's daughter about it. What if Yamcha was only trying to make her feel better not to worrying that her father would lose the match? Or what if at that point Yamcha decided not to mention Tien since it would be pointless? This is just speculation, but that statement is not that convincing.
Kaboom wrote:If, and that's a VERY big "if," this Universe Survival arc of Super does somehow go out of its way to show Tenshinhan being stronger than Kuririn in some undeniable way, then that's still not going to do anything to negate the fact that Kuririn's been the stronger one all this time. It would just mean that, in Super's continuity, something has finally allowed Tenshinhan to become the stronger one again.
I don't think that will be the case, if Tien results to be stronger than Krillin in the Universe Survival arc, that will show even more that it was true that Tien was stronger, it wouldn't make sense if they show us that Tien is stronger without any reason.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:19 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:Yamcha was telling Krillin's daughter about it. What if Yamcha was only trying to make her feel better not to worrying that her father would lose the match? Or what if at that point Yamcha decided not to mention Tien since it would be pointless? This is just speculation, but that statement is not that convincing.
He said the "among Earthlings, anyway" part to himself. If there's no truth in that part, and all he was concerned about was comforting Marron, why add it at all? Why not just say "your daddy's the strongest in the world," full stop, and leave it at that?

Besides, what does it matter who Yamcha was saying it to? What evidence is there that he was lying? It's a straightforward and definitive strength statement with no other statement anywhere in the manga contradicting it. How is that not convincing or more than enough on its own, unless one simply doesn't want it to be true?
dragonball0900 wrote:I don't think that will be the case, if Tien results to be stronger than Krillin in the Universe Survival arc, that will show even more that it was true that Tien was stronger, it wouldn't make sense if they show us that Tien is stronger without any reason.
It would make a lot more sense than for everything saying Kuririn's the strongest Earthling for almost 25 years just being false all this time for no reason.

Is it starting to sink in how one-sided this is? You've got an uncontradicted strength statement in the manga, a direct quote from Toriyama himself, and countless guidebook and promotion tidbits all plainly saying "Kuririn is the strongest Earthling (a category which includes Tenshinhan)." Yet somehow this isn't enough for many Tenshinhan fans, who can essentially only say "I think Tenshinhan should be stronger, so he is, and all that official stuff is wrong."

As has been said several times already... there is no "debate."
deviantART
[thread]

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:32 pm

Kaboom wrote: He said the "among Earthlings, anyway" part to himself. If there's no truth in that part, and all he was concerned about was comforting Marron, why add it at all? Why not just say "your daddy's the strongest in the world," full stop, and leave it at that?

Besides, what does it matter who Yamcha was saying it to? What evidence is there that he was lying? It's a straightforward and definitive strength statement with no other statement anywhere in the manga contradicting it. How is that not convincing or more than enough on its own, unless one simply doesn't want it to be true?

The reason said "amongst" the earthlings it was because Piccolo, A18 and the saiyans were also in the tournament, Yamcha knew that Krillin, while being strong, is not the strongest on the Tournament because of the others being in the tournament. Also, wouldn't Gohan be considered an earthling too? He's half a saiyan and half a human.

Tien has always shown signs of training. Sure we don't know who's stronger between them, I don't really mind if people also think Krillin's stronger, but we just need to wait until the new arc comes, remember that the guides can sometimes be wrong and can contradict the manga, not everything on the guides need to be true (clearly examples being the 180 and 260 power levels of the Daimao saga). If Tien is stronger than Krillin in the new arc, then that would mean that Toriyama always thought in his mind that Tien was stronger than Krillin. Sure he said in an interview that Krillin was the strongest earthling, but he could have forgot Tien at the time. If I remember correctly, at the time of the interview Toriyama had forgotten a few things on Dragon Ball, and it happened before he even began BOG. (correct me here if I'm wrong).

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:54 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:Sure we don't know who's stronger between them...
Yes... yes, we do.

Because we've been plainly told who the strongest Earthling is, over and over and over and over and over and over and over...
deviantART
[thread]

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:02 pm

Kaboom wrote:
Yes... yes, we do.

Because we've been plainly told who the strongest Earthling is, over and over and over and over and over and over and over...
krillin isn't super serious all the time and likes to joke around so he is automatically not the strongest in the eyes of some..
Even had a guy tell me "krillin is so short and childish, he is the easily weakest z fighter, remember even monaka is stronger than him and he is a joke"

Really don't understand or appreciate this thinking
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:24 pm

Kaboom wrote:
Yes... yes, we do.

It seems like people don't read. I gave all the proof and references to dispell your thinking. Daizenshuu states Gohan is an Earthling. He's in a category of 1% mixed races. Tien is not human type. This is exactly the ignorant thinking that will have you embarrassed when the next arc yet again proves people like you wrong.

Let me ask you a question. If someone is born human, and can give birth to humans, what are they? That what 17,18 are. They were enhanced with human technology. They are Earthlings. The statement is extremely flaud! I've outlined why.

If you do your research Tien has been stated Decendant of Aliens over and over and over again! If you read my post. Akira Toriyama says Tien is viewed as godlike, who lost powers because he was raised by evil. He could have easily said oh yeah he's human. But he doesnt!

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:29 pm

JulianStyles wrote:It seems like people don't read.
You're telling me.

Everything that needs to be said about this "debate" was first said by Yamcha in 1993 and repeated constantly since then. I already know from the tone and attitude of the prior post how this thread is going to end up, so I'm nipping it in the bud before it becomes an even bigger waste of everyone's time or devolves into something ugly.
deviantART
[thread]

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:05 pm

JulianStyles wrote:It seems like people don't read.
Quite frankly, it seems like both "sides" of this "discussion" have already made up their respective minds and have no interest in a real, honest discussion. For both "sides" of this "discussion" there are plenty of valid viewpoints to bring to the table: I don't believe everything a character says, I don't take guidebooks into consideration, I don't take post-creation authorial statements into consideration, I take everything but numbers into consideration, etc. If both "sides" of the "discussion" aren't willing to come to a common ground regarding these aspects, than you're back to square one.

If you think the next arc will somehow prove your existing viewpoint, that's wonderful: you have everyone's permission to come in with a moderately-snarky "I told you so!" if and when that plays out. Until then, you're making up a scenario that has yet to happen. For all we know, Tenshinhan and Kuririn will fight mechanical twins that have been created with identical parts and programming and each will fight for the exact same length of time to the exact same point of fatigue.

But I have no idea if that will happen, so there's no point in talking about that scenario yet!

I'm re-opening for now, but I have zero issues locking again should the need arise.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:19 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:
DBZ Macky wrote:I completely agree, there never was a debate.

I disagree with you on the size of the characters. Yamcha is taller than Krillin, but we don't say he's stronger, do we? Also, Tien training all his life is a good reason why I think Tien is stronger than Krillin, who didn't train for 7 full years.

We also know how it was back in the original Dragon Ball series, how Tien was stronger than Krillin. Tien's ways of training are much superior than Krillin's, specially considering the latter doesn't train as hard.

Sure Krillin was stronger in the Frieza arc, but Tien trained with King Kai nearly 2 times what Goku did, I don't doubt his increases are better than Goku's (who had increased his power 20 times his old one), specially since he had Yamcha and Chiaotzu as partners (although Chiaotzu is not that strong though). I can't see why Tien couldn't at least close the gap to Krillin and manages to get into a bit more or a bit less than the 75K Krillin has. And with the 7 years that Tien was training, and not Krillin, that can conclude that Tien is stronger.
Kaboom wrote:The "debate" has been settled since sometime in 1993, when Toriyama told us vicariously through Yamcha in the manga that Kuririn was "the strongest in the world, at least among Earthlings." Every source that matters has only repeated that sentiment since then, and it seems highly unlikely at this point that Kuririn will lose the title.
Yamcha was telling Krillin's daughter about it. What if Yamcha was only trying to make her feel better not to worrying that her father would lose the match? Or what if at that point Yamcha decided not to mention Tien since it would be pointless? This is just speculation, but that statement is not that convincing.
Kaboom wrote:If, and that's a VERY big "if," this Universe Survival arc of Super does somehow go out of its way to show Tenshinhan being stronger than Kuririn in some undeniable way, then that's still not going to do anything to negate the fact that Kuririn's been the stronger one all this time. It would just mean that, in Super's continuity, something has finally allowed Tenshinhan to become the stronger one again.
I don't think that will be the case, if Tien results to be stronger than Krillin in the Universe Survival arc, that will show even more that it was true that Tien was stronger, it wouldn't make sense if they show us that Tien is stronger without any reason.
From what you are saying an ubiased observer (me) would conclude neither is stronger. It simply depends how much one or they other has been training. It seems they both have similar skill.

Also there is no way to tell how much stronger Tien got training with King Kai. Its pure speculation at best for either side.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"