The new arc will (may?) settle an old debate: Tenshinhan vs. Kuririn

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaboom

Re: The new Arc will settle an age old debate. Tien vs Krilin

Post by Kaboom » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:18 pm

Yep, and the closest thing I saw was a mention that Earth itself is host to multiple races. Which obviously doesn't mean that those other races count as native "Earthlings."
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:29 pm

his link showed there are diffrent types of humans and all are generaly called "earthlings".

so when they say krillin is the strongest earthling they mean , he is the strongest all types included.
piccolo , 18, 17 dont belong to the category "earthling" for obviouse reasons.

tien been allways part of the earthlings category.period.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:13 pm

Kaboom wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:Daizenshuu also mentions Gohan and Piccolo in as Earthlings to. http://magikarp46.com/dragonball/guideb ... ldview.php
Where, exactly, does that page say this? I've been searching for both "Gohan" and "Piccolo" in the text and not seeing it.
Scroll down to various races. Read that all the way to the end of Earthlings.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:14 pm

Kaboom wrote:Yep, and the closest thing I saw was a mention that Earth itself is host to multiple races. Which obviously doesn't mean that those other races count as native "Earthlings."
And one of the races Earth host was the Triclops race.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:19 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:
JulianStyles wrote: Remember ROF Krillins bio said the same thing. Tienshinhan still out performed him drastically in the movie and series.
NOTE: Talking about Super's Anime version here.

If by "outperformed drastically" you mean that he needed to use the life risking Kikoho to keep Freeza's second rate hodge podge of soldiers at bay, then yes, he did outperform Kuririn.

Because really, it's not like Kuririn was able to easily defeat several soldiers with a single Ki blast after he regained his confidence (I think that technique is most well known as the "Scatter Shot").

No, Tenshinhan did not "outperform Krillin drastically", it's just because you believe that he should, that you feel he did so.
He out performed him. Wether you want to say drastically or not. Krillin needed to be saved in the movie. Tien saved him in the series. Tien never gets hit in the movie. The Kikoho hasn't be life threatening since the Cell saga when he fired 90+ at Cell. Go ahead count them. Also it's about how much energy he puts in. Any attack can drain you if you put all you have in it. Even in DragonBall, Tien used the Kikoho multiple times after the tournament with out any fatigue. Against Buu he fired 2 assuming at max power with breaking a sweat. Both Piccolo and Gohan used massive Ki attacks. Krillin was to overwhelmed to get one off.
Last edited by JulianStyles on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: The new arc will (may?) settle an old debate: Tenshinhan vs. Kuririn

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:22 pm

Can you please actually take the time to read your own and others' posts before hitting "submit"? This is a total mess and is getting out of hand. You keep saying the same things over and over (and, to be fair, so do the vast majority of other members in this thread), you triple-post in a row with no regard for the flow of conversation (there's no reason you can't quote multiple people and condense your thoughts into a single post), and so on and so forth.

If this continues, strikes can and will be lodged against your account. Again, if you want the pleasure of coming back here in a year with your "I told you so!" statement, make an effort to keep your account in good standing until then. It's beyond clear that you're not genuinely interested in having a real conversation. At least pretend to.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:23 pm

Tsufuru wrote:his link showed there are diffrent types of humans and all are generaly called "earthlings".

so when they say krillin is the strongest earthling they mean , he is the strongest all types included.

Obvious reasons? Because they were enhanced by human technology? They were born on Earth and their children are human. It doesn't get any more Earthling than that. Get real. Also the link broken down different types of Earthlings. With a clear graph with a picture of Gohan in the mixed races. If Krillin was the strongest Earthling he should have been able to defeat Garlic Jr. Garlic Jr is a monster type Earthling.
Last edited by JulianStyles on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:25 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Can you please actually take the time to read your own and others' posts before hitting "submit"? This is a total mess and is getting out of hand. You keep saying the same things over and over (and, to be fair, so do the vast majority of other members in this thread), you triple-post in a row with no regard for the flow of conversation, and so on and so forth.

If this continues, strikes can and will be lodged against your account. Again, if you want the pleasure of coming back here in a year with your "I told you so!" statement, make an effort to keep your account in good standing until then.
I'm responding to post. What rules am I breaking or anyone here?

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:31 pm

JulianStyles wrote:I'm responding to post. What rules am I breaking or anyone here?
Your entire, single-minded/single-topic agenda is to be antagonistic, you make posts that border on being unintelligible, you make an excessive numbers of posts in a row (there would have been four just now had I not responded in the meantime)... again, enough is enough. If you're not willing to follow the rules you agreed to (twice) prior to registration, we're not willing to have you as a member.

I'm not sure if this is some giant, elaborate joke to waste our time, but we're getting close to its end point.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:17 pm

JulianStyles wrote: Scroll down to various races. Read that all the way to the end of Earthlings.
There's still nothing that says anything about Gohan and Piccolo are Earthlings (You should quote the text that says so). For anything, it mentions how's there 3 types of Earthlings (Human,monster, and animal), the cyclops clans most likely were Earthlings under the monster category, which still makes him Tenshinhan 100% Earthling especially considering a guide refers to him as one.

As for the Cyborgs, we don't know why they aren't referred to as Earthlings but they're not considered one or at least aren't considered when mentioning that Kuririn is the strongest Earthling. Either way it doesn't help your point that you think Tenshinhan is stronger.

Garlic Jr isn't canon so that point is null.

The RoF movie is not part of the DBS anime. So that is also null.
Last edited by Helios518 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:23 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
Tsufuru wrote:his link showed there are diffrent types of humans and all are generaly called "earthlings".

Obvious reasons? Because they were enhanced by human technology? They were born on Earth and their children are human. It doesn't get any more Earthling than that. Get real. Also the link broken down different types of Earthlings. With a clear graph with a picture of Gohan in the mixed races. If Krillin was the strongest Earthling he should have been able to defeat Garlic Jr. Garlic Jr is a monster type Earthling.
Garlic Jr isn't an Earthling if I recall rightly. Doesn't his race get powered up by an alien sun? Also tbf to Krillin he did shoot a hole through him. That would kill most people who aren't immortal, magic or have crazy regeneration. Alas Garlic Jr was immortal.

At a guess 18 and 17 are artificially enhanced and thus not included since their strength is not their own and comes almost exclusively from their cybernetic parts. Basically take away the alien parts of their human body(that's alien as in foreign to their bodies, not the other type) and it's possible even Chi Chi could kick them around.

Regardless though I don't see how 18 and 17 being Earthling or not help Tien's case of being stronger than Krillin rather than just make Tien at best third or fourth strongest earthling rather than first or second.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:34 pm

JulianStyles wrote:
born on earth does not put you in the "earthling" category.

piccolo was born on earth but he is not an earthling by race.
the cyborgs are not in the same category as krillin , tien , roshi etc.

with earthling they mean actual earthlings in this context. Ppl who are from earth born on earth not cyborgs , namekians , saiyans etc.
tien is a human from a specific race iirc.

sry for double post.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:54 am

Darkprince410 wrote:
Kaboom wrote:I see a general statement regarding the tournament itself featuring the "strongest warriors" from all 12 universes, but I don't see a specific statement saying "these are the top ten strongest fighters from Universe 10." Nothing to fuss over.

Either way, looks like Kuririn's still holding on to his title. Gotta love it.
The final paragraph.
These members who have clashed their power and skills together can truly be said to be the strongest 10 people on Earth now. It seems that Goku plans on improving his ki power and stamina by training with Kuririn in preparation to fight the strong opponents ahead. We're looking forward to Goku's further evolution.
Roshi > SS3 Gotenks confirmed
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:07 am

I highly doubt that "10 strongest fighters" line means that Roshi is stronger than Goten,Trunks, and Yamcha. I mean I guess it could see it being the case post Whis training or whatever, but still, weird statement.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:26 pm

Lol the title of my topic was changed? :lol: If people want to take statements so literal with out using common sense. Then Roshi is stronger than: Yamcha,Choutzu,Yajorobi,Goten,Trunks

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:34 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Darkprince410 wrote:
Kaboom wrote:I see a general statement regarding the tournament itself featuring the "strongest warriors" from all 12 universes, but I don't see a specific statement saying "these are the top ten strongest fighters from Universe 10." Nothing to fuss over.

Either way, looks like Kuririn's still holding on to his title. Gotta love it.
The final paragraph.
These members who have clashed their power and skills together can truly be said to be the strongest 10 people on Earth now. It seems that Goku plans on improving his ki power and stamina by training with Kuririn in preparation to fight the strong opponents ahead. We're looking forward to Goku's further evolution.
Roshi > SS3 Gotenks confirmed
That lines false, as I don't see the champ leading the charge

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:48 pm

I've thought about this and you know what? I really don't care who's stronger anymore.

I like them both and both of them always step up to the plate and fight to protect the world when it needs them too. I doesn't matter who stronger, their heroes and they try their best despite being so out of their depth. Thats all that matters to me.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:22 am

Lord Frieza wrote:I've thought about this and you know what? I really don't care who's stronger anymore.

I like them both and both of them always step up to the plate and fight to protect the world when it needs them too. I doesn't matter who stronger, their heroes and they try their best despite being so out of their depth. Thats all that matters to me.
I have to say I'm very much in this camp now as well. When I began following this series as an 8/ 9/ 10/ 11 year old, I was quite into the strength debates and was pretty obsessed with power levels, but I'm 26 now. I find the whole thing pretty boring, close-minded and limiting, story-wise.

I like the Krillin character, I like Tien character more. I'd prefer it if Tien were the stronger as I think it'd be fair reward for his lifetime commitment to training and being as strong as he can be, but if he isn't, so what?

At the end of the day, we all just hope for a better, less Super Saiyan-heavy story.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:43 am

I still think it's possible Tien might be stronger. Yamcha's sentiment about Krillin being the strongest Earthling was in relation to the Cell Games. No one has ever seen or interacted with Tien since, no one knows what kind of growth he underwent.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:23 pm

I honestly just want this debate to be done with.

If Tenshinhan turns out to be stronger it's not going to make me suddenly like him more than Krillin, likewise if Krillin is stronger it's not going to make Tenshinhan fans like him more.

Probably the opposite judging by this thread!
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."