Did King Cold find it unnecessary to inform Freeza about Dabra and Kaioshin?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Did King Cold find it unnecessary to inform Freeza about Dabra and Kaioshin?

Post by Almighty Majin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:14 pm

After Freeza was revived, he mentioned that his father had told him to watch out for Buu and Beerus, but what about Dabura and the Supreme Kai? You would think that King Cold would know about those two (due to their significance) if he was aware of the former two so did he find it unnecessary to inform his son about those two?

If so, could that possibly mean that the upper limit of King Cold's full power was higher than that of Dabura, but weaker than Buu?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Did King Cold find it unnecessary to inform Freeza about Dabura and Supreme Kai?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:29 pm

He probably knows about Majin Buu and Beerus because other alien planets that are very advance probably had documents of their events from millions of years ago. We don't know if Dabra did anything outside of the Demon Realm. I doubt he knew anything about the Kaioshins or any Kai in general.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Adrian Malacoda
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Did King Cold find it unnecessary to inform Freeza about Dabura and Supreme Kai?

Post by Adrian Malacoda » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:46 pm

Cold was weaker than Freeza, who was way below Dabra in terms of power. So it has nothing to do with strength. If King Cold knew about Kaioshin, he would likewise know that Kaioshin tends to only intervene when absolutely necessary and otherwise mostly stays in the Kaioshin realm. Boo, on the other hand, was known to wreak havoc in both the godly and lower realms, and Beerus often goes down to the lower realm to destroy planets. Thus, Cold would have reason to be wary of Boo and Beerus because they are unpredictable and destructive. It's also possible that Cold knew who Kaioshin was but didn't know he was that strong (being a creator god and all).

That is, of course, assuming that Cold knew about Kaioshin. I like to imagine he did, but it's possible that since Kaioshin keeps to the upper realm he may not be as well known as Beerus. Cold probably also had a personal or professional relationship with Beerus, as Freeza did.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:13 am

Freeza would never actually met Dabura and Kaioshin...? Cold probably knows East Kaioshin is an incompetent wuss who won't do shit unless the whole universe was threatened.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

DanielSSJ
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DanielSSJ » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:40 am

Would King Cold have known about Dabra or Kaioshin? Boo lived and committed all of his atrocities in the lower world and Beerus regularly travels there to do his "job". The Kaioshin mainly stay in their realm and observe the lower worlds from afar, whereas Dabra most likely just stuck around the Demon Plane for most of his existence, and only ventured out into the the greater universe when Bobbidi took control over him, and given that Freeza and Bobbidi never seemed to have met, it's possible that their activities generally take place on opposite ends of the cosmos.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:28 am

Frieza's final form was ~100x stronger than his second form, so given that King Cold appeared to be the second form of his species his final form's full power may very well be 100x that of Frieza, by my numbers this would put him at the top of the SSJ2 tier, nearly in the same league as Fat Buu.

So it's certainly possible that Kaioshin and Dabura were simply too weak for him to worry about, but it's unlikely his final form was actually that powerful since if he had that much power hidden away he surely would have used it against Trunks.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:40 am

Freeza's transformations served to suppress his powers. With Freeza & Cold classified as unique individuals within their race, their standards wouldn't be considered normal compared to the rest of their people. A likely story is that Freeza developed his second-to-last form after his father instead. With Cold established as being weaker than his son, even if he were capable of molding himself like Freeza, his appearance is incredibly likely to be his one & only look. It's not as if Freeza crafting a three-step guide towards his natural appearance was something he was born with.

Kaioshin & Kibito's lifelong goal was monitoring the activity of Boo's ball. Bobbidi kept Dabra, his mightiest warrior, close with him. Dabra's activities consisted of sending his servants to recon Earth's status for significant energy, if it were currently available. With both of these characters acting within their Kaioshin Realm & Demon Realm before the Boo arc, it's reasonable to assume they had no desire nor opportunity to cross paths with Cold. Their motivations wouldn't clash with his actions.

Akyon
Regular

Re: Did King Cold find it unnecessary to inform Freeza about Dabra and Kaioshin?

Post by Akyon » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:39 am

Regarding the Kaioshin(s); They seem to just watch, wait and hope things work out in the end. They're not really 'do-ers' unless someone is screwing with them personally or their rules; Time travel, Buu who threatened both their lives and their world, etc. Honestly seems like Frieza could have destroyed an entire galaxy or two and Shin wouldn't lift a finger to aid. That's probably why Kold didn't warn him about them. He's justified too:

Cell came to Earth(with similar power to Dabra). He time traveled(a godly sin) AND he had enough energy to feasible revive Buu with his power and Shin still didn't seem concerned enough to actively get involved. What makes this more confusing is Beerus claims Shin is ALWAYS getting involved with things despite being weak which seems to indicate he's considered an active heroic Kaioshin, making the Kaioshin of the other universes even more lackidasical about their universes events.

...Suddenly Zamasu's initial concerns seem validated.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: Did King Cold find it unnecessary to inform Freeza about Dabra and Kaioshin?

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:49 am

Akyon wrote:Regarding the Kaioshin(s); They seem to just watch, wait and hope things work out in the end. They're not really 'do-ers' unless someone is screwing with them personally or their rules; Time travel, Buu who threatened both their lives and their world, etc. Honestly seems like Frieza could have destroyed an entire galaxy or two and Shin wouldn't lift a finger to aid. That's probably why Kold didn't warn him about them. He's justified too:

Cell came to Earth(with similar power to Dabra). He time traveled(a godly sin) AND he had enough energy to feasible revive Buu with his power and Shin still didn't seem concerned enough to actively get involved. What makes this more confusing is Beerus claims Shin is ALWAYS getting involved with things despite being weak which seems to indicate he's considered an active heroic Kaioshin, making the Kaioshin of the other universes even more lackidasical about their universes events.

...Suddenly Zamasu's initial concerns seem validated.
It's not so much that Kaioshin refuses to act against human affairs, it's that Beerus is responsible for any humans getting out of hand. That's likely why Kaioshin is such a "doer" compared to his brethren. The fact that Kaioshin needed to observe Boo's ball at all to gain a chance to kill Bobbidi next after Bibbidi tells us enough. Beerus gets annoyed by it yet he's not doing anything about it either. I often suggest Zamasu flip the script & become actively involved with his future Hakaishin to handle the most deplorable lifeforms he observes. Unfortunately, he didn't see it that way & decided to take matters into his own hands instead of positively working together with everyone.

Cell, at his best, existed for a week, give or take a few days more. Do recall Kaioshin & Kibito first acted when Boo's ball was moved from its previous location. It's likely Dabra's scouts weren't active yet during the Artificial Humans arc. If you consider that & Cell's short stay, it makes some sense that the Boo arc didn't begin right then. As for the time travel, I can't say with confidence if he noticed any of that (or if he can tell what illegal time travel even looks like without reference). In Cell's defense, he was hidden underground for years when he returned from the alternate past.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:16 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:Frieza's final form was ~100x stronger than his second form, so given that King Cold appeared to be the second form of his species his final form's full power may very well be 100x that of Frieza, by my numbers this would put him at the top of the SSJ2 tier, nearly in the same league as Fat Buu.

So it's certainly possible that Kaioshin and Dabura were simply too weak for him to worry about, but it's unlikely his final form was actually that powerful since if he had that much power hidden away he surely would have used it against Trunks.
The Daizenshuu says King cold is slightly inferior to Frieza. And even if you ignored that King Cold's power was said to be about equal to a vastly suppressed Mecha Frieza and we don't even know if King Cold can transform, and if he can if they are the same transformations with the same multipliers.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:38 pm

Did he even know about both of their existences?