Universe 3's Zamasu

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Universe 3's Zamasu

Post by Merged Zamasu » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:05 pm

As we know, Universe 10 is linked to Universe 3, thus creating twin universes. Much like Frost and Frieza, i hope we will see Zamasu's counterpart in Universe 3, perhaps at the Tournament. That would also show us something we have been discussing for quite a while (and by that, i mean 4 months): What if Zamasu had never turned evil? Oh, the possiblites are endless...

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Universe 3's Zamasu

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:11 pm

As we've seen, people don't have exact counterparts in other universes, so probably not.
Retired.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:16 pm

This makes me want to raise the question: Are Kaio and Kaioshin allowed to participate in the tournament?

For the Manga at least, Shin would still be "on a different dimension" compared to Piccolo, so why didn't he take part in the tournament.

And If the U6 Kaioshin are about as strong, why didn't they replace someone like Cabba, who couldn't transform into a Super Saiyan (Assuming that he is just moderately stronger than Boo arc Goku and Vegeta).
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:19 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:This makes me want to raise the question: Are Kaio and Kaioshin allowed to participate in the tournament?

For the Manga at least, Shin would still be "on a different dimension" compared to Piccolo, so why didn't he take part in the tournament.

And If the U6 Kaioshin are about as strong, why didn't they replace someone like Cabba, who couldn't transform into a Super Saiyan (Assuming that he is just moderately stronger than Boo arc Goku and Vegeta).
Why would they? They govern the universe, they don't haphazardly join in the fray.
Retired.

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:21 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:As we've seen, people don't have exact counterparts in other universes, so probably not.
This.

Shin and the green guy from the U6/U7 tournament had little to do with each other.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:24 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Why would they? They govern the universe, they don't haphazardly join in the fray.
In the Omni-King's "Tournament of power", the very universes they govern are at stake, I think that's enough reason for them to join the fight if necessary.

Zamasu was also a Kaio, yet he felt the need to intervene in matters of the "Ningen". Shin was a Kaioshin, yet he had to take help from Gohan and co. to defeat Dabra and Bobbidi.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:38 pm

Universe 3 Zamasu? Ohh, this might as well be an interpretation on what his Universe 3 counterpart is.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Post by Merged Zamasu » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:43 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:As we've seen, people don't have exact counterparts in other universes, so probably not.
On the other hand, we have also seen people might have almost identical counterparts (such as Frieza and Frost). This is speculation anyway, i am not saying we WILL have Universe 3's Zamasu, but it is a possibility.

Freeza9000 wrote:Universe 3 Zamasu? Ohh, this might as well be an interpretation on what his Universe 3 counterpart is.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
How truly god-like.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:48 pm

Merged Zamasu wrote:
Freeza9000 wrote:Universe 3 Zamasu? Ohh, this might as well be an interpretation on what his Universe 3 counterpart is.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
How truly god-like.
Kami no waza!

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:58 am

DBZ Macky wrote:In the Omni-King's "Tournament of power", the very universes they govern are at stake, I think that's enough reason for them to join the fight if necessary.

Zamasu was also a Kaio, yet he felt the need to intervene in matters of the "Ningen". Shin was a Kaioshin, yet he had to take help from Gohan and co. to defeat Dabra and Bobbidi.
Don't forget that Zamasu was unauthorized in all of his actions. He was about to be granted the proper channels to settle issues in his universe before he decided to murder Gowasu. In Kaioshin's situation, he didn't have much of a choice. Boo is a direct threat to the gods' existence & he couldn't rely on Beerus to assist him. Killing Bobbidi before he awakened Boo, using the ball's placement to his advantage, was the best solution in his mind. In general, the Kaio & Kaioshin tend to observe & record.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:19 pm

Nejishiki wrote: Don't forget that Zamasu was unauthorized in all of his actions. He was about to be granted the proper channels to settle issues in his universe before he decided to murder Gowasu. In Kaioshin's situation, he didn't have much of a choice. Boo is a direct threat to the gods' existence & he couldn't rely on Beerus to assist him. Killing Bobbidi before he awakened Boo, using the ball's placement to his advantage, was the best solution in his mind. In general, the Kaio & Kaioshin tend to observe & record.
As I said, the stakes have never been higher. I'm not saying that a Kaio or Kaioshin definitely would take part in the tournament. All I'm saying is that I won't be shocked if they did. I think it's possible to make an exception when even the highest of Gods like Zeno are involved, don't you?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:19 pm

Kaios and Kaioshins shouldn't have counterpart as we saw U6 Kaioshins are nothing like our (or the old ones who got killed by Buu)
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Post by Merged Zamasu » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:53 am

Obviously, they didn't bother to make counterparts of irrelevant trash like Supreme Kai, whom nobody cares about. Yet, they did make a counterpart for Frieza, one of the most popular villains in the franchise. Zamasu probably ranks second, only behind Frieza, as the most influental bad guy the show has ever seen. It would only make sense we see a counterpart to Zamasu, as it would bring more interest to the plot, unlike say Yamcha's counterpart, who nobody could care even if they tried.

Furthermore, Zamasu was considered a genius even amongst the Gods, and he was a fighting prodigy, who even had the potential to surpass Beerus. Seems to me those powers would be quite useful in a tournament that will decide the fate of YOUR Universe.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:34 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
He obviously inherited his universe ten counterpart's looks :D

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Post by Merged Zamasu » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:36 am

Gog wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
You mean this one?

Ah, how truly God-like. You are all lucky Goku checked his pockets, otherwise even the Present Multiverse would be one big Zamasu by now.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:38 am

Merged Zamasu wrote:
Gog wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
You mean this one?

Ah, how truly God-like. You are all lucky Goku checked his pockets, otherwise even the Present Multiverse would be one big Zamasu by now.
No, no one can look that good, he only inherited one half of their look's

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:39 am

Merged Zamasu wrote: Image
This one is kinda painful to look at, the colors are bit too bright..
None the less he looks pretty good
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:30 pm

Merged Zamasu wrote:Obviously, they didn't bother to make counterparts of irrelevant trash like Supreme Kai, whom nobody cares about. Yet, they did make a counterpart for Frieza, one of the most popular villains in the franchise. Zamasu probably ranks second, only behind Frieza,
Where'd you get that from? Yeah, he's had an overall good reception (Well, BLACK has an overall good reception, fans are rather meh to his true persona) but very few have put him up there with the likes of Frieza and the like.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Post by Merged Zamasu » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:53 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Merged Zamasu wrote:Obviously, they didn't bother to make counterparts of irrelevant trash like Supreme Kai, whom nobody cares about. Yet, they did make a counterpart for Frieza, one of the most popular villains in the franchise. Zamasu probably ranks second, only behind Frieza,
Where'd you get that from? Yeah, he's had an overall good reception (Well, BLACK has an overall good reception, fans are rather meh to his true persona) but very few have put him up there with the likes of Frieza and the like.
Actually, most fans believe Black, and by extension Zamasu, is the only redeeming factor of the Future Trunks' Arc (and Super in general). Zamasu is the greatest threat Goku has ever faced. Buu looks like a scared child compared to Zamasu. Zamasu is also the most unique villain in the entire Dragon Ball franchise, because he goes beyond the "I am evil, therefore i will harm innocents for the LULZ" mentality. Zamasu appeared for only 20 episodes, and he became already one of the most popular characters in the entire franchise. If his arc had been as long as the Frieza's one, Zamasu would have 100% surpassed Frieza in popularity. People are tired of villains like Frieza, Cell and Buu, the "i am evil because i am evil" type of villains. Zamasu is a breath of fresh air.

I don't understand why you think Zamasu is considered "meh" by the community. Yeah, there are a bunch of 6 years old who like to say silly things like "LUL ZAMASU IS A PUSSY" or "ZAMASU BREW ME SOME MORE TEA LUL", but the majority of the fans definitely respect Zamasu (and Black) as a character and villain.