Question about the Freeza Race?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gog
I Live Here

Re: Question about the Freeza Race?

Post by Gog » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:30 am

Darkprince410 wrote:
Gog wrote:
Then I never realized that Freeza's stamina was that terrible. Besides the two of them were equals, with son Goku having the slight upper hand the entire time, as Freeza was damaged
Goku was also damaged though, as you recall. As far as the manga goes, virtually the entire fight was in Goku's favor. Apart from that brief attack on Goku, which was clearly something Goku let happen, the only real hit Freeza got on Goku was the one when he flew out from in front of Goku's Kamehameha and caught him with a blow from the side. But even then, Goku was out of the picture for only a very brief time, and the rest of the fight was predominantly Freeza being on the receiving end of most of the punishment, in comparison to the anime's depiction of things, where they were blow for blow for a good while.
They were both heavily damaged, but Freeza more so by Goku's genki gift. But yeah even when undamaged Goku has the slight edge in power, coupled with Freeza's terrible stamina, and non existent fighting skill, basically secures the win for Goku.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:10 pm

Gog wrote: They were both heavily damaged, but Freeza more so by Goku's genki gift. But yeah even when undamaged Goku has the slight edge in power, coupled with Freeza's terrible stamina, and non existent fighting skill, basically secures the win for Goku.
I wouldn't say that Freeza was "more damaged" than Goku, because Goku, prior to transforming, had been the punching bag for a good while for someone over twenty times stronger than he was. He was so damaged and out of energy by the time that he had fired his Genki Dama that he barely even had the energy left to stand afterward when it came to potentially trying to fight Freeza again.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:42 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: 150 million is 25% higher than 120 million.

You don't go by lower otherwise no gap would be above 100%, and 0 to any number would be a 100% gap.
Well ya it depends on who's power you go off of. 150 is 125% of 120 but 120 is 80% of 120.
Either way it's less than 30%.
I prefer to use the smaller number, but anyway, the point is that in the manga the fight is a lot more one sided. Goku is clearly superior to Frieza, it's the anime that makes it look like they're equals.
That's what I'm saying.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:43 pm

Gog wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: The difference is actually 25%. 120 is 80% of 150, 80 * 1.25 makes 100.

Anyway, you're right. Later on in the fight Goku says that Frieza's boring him and he doesn't want to fight anymore, this shows that Goku is clearly a great deal stronger than Frieza.
You just said 120 is 80% of 150 but then the difference is 25%... You realize 100%-80% is 20% right? lol
Oh fuck, I meant 30% :oops: , but apparently its 25%, i'd actually put Freeza at 47 million, or 49 million, Goku has the upper hand, but not by much
why 47 or 49 million?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:52 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
Gog wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
You just said 120 is 80% of 150 but then the difference is 25%... You realize 100%-80% is 20% right? lol
Oh fuck, I meant 30% :oops: , but apparently its 25%, i'd actually put Freeza at 47 million, or 49 million, Goku has the upper hand, but not by much
why 47 or 49 million?
Because the differences are very slight, however Freeza was damaged, Goku is far more skilled than him, and Freeza's stamina is non existent, and draining. Also because the tiniest difference can change the tide in the battle

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:01 pm

Gog wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
Gog wrote:
why 47 or 49 million?
Because the differences are very slight, however Freeza was damaged, Goku is far more skilled than him, and Freeza's stamina is non existent, and draining. Also because the tiniest difference can change the tide in the battle
I meant why are they so low? kaioken x20 Goku should already be 60 million.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:04 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
Gog wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
why 47 or 49 million?
The reason why the differences between Freeza's and Goku's, is because I prefer the idea of Goku beating Freeza through pure skill, and the stamina issues, also it would explain why Kaio ken times twenty would hardly scratch Freeza half power. Wait a minute did you think that was how big I thought their power was, nah man, just a 3% difference in power.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:41 pm

Gog wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
Gog wrote:
The reason why the differences between Freeza's and Goku's, is because I prefer the idea of Goku beating Freeza through pure skill, and the stamina issues, also it would explain why Kaio ken times twenty would hardly scratch Freeza half power. Wait a minute did you think that was how big I thought their power was, nah man, just a 3% difference in power.
Oh I thought you meant their power levels were less than 50 million.

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:30 am

If I have to go by the Dragon Ball Z Carddass Hondan part (all credit goes to http://dbzcollection.fr/v2/cartes.php?idc=18&ids=82): The Frieza Clan/race's 2 strongest members' Destruction Power (the term used there for power after Battle Powers ended in part 9=Garlic Jr. Saga-Future Trunks Saga) is 500 (Cold being 500 & Mecha-Frieza is 450 in idividual cards), while SSJ Future Trunks of that same saga is at DP 650. Funny to point that the Human Z-Fighters (Krillin, Tien & Yamcha) after 3 years of training for the Androids Saga are at DP 300 (60% of Frieza's Race top fighters' rank back in DBZ which is very respected considering many fans think they're Ginyu force tier); The rest of the Androids Saga (part 11, that claims Krillin: DP 400, Tien: DP 350 & Yamcha: DP 200, included:http://dbzcollection.fr/v2/cartes.php?idc=18&ids=83) for matters of comparison to Frieza & Cold are:
* Gohan after training is DP 550
* Piccolo after training is DP 750
* SSJ Goku after 3 years is DP 800.
* SSJ Vegeta is DP 750.
* SSJ Trunks is DP 700.
* Android 20 (Dr. Gero) is DP 550.
* Android 19 (with Goku's ki absorbed): DP 650.
* Androids 17 & 18 are both at DP 800 (there's one card of them both together at DP 900).
* Android 16: ?/999 in the next part = TOO POWERFUL.
* Cyclopian Guards: DP 450.
* Meta-Cooler: DP 750.

Conclusion: According to this card game the Freeza Race elites doesn't pose a threat anymore for the vast majority of the characters that appears 3 years after their empire collapsed.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Israelite Wolfman wrote:If I have to go by the Dragon Ball Z Carddass Hondan part (all credit goes to http://dbzcollection.fr/v2/cartes.php?idc=18&ids=82): The Frieza Clan/race's 2 strongest members' Destruction Power (the term used there for power after Battle Powers ended in part 9=Garlic Jr. Saga-Future Trunks Saga) is 500 (Cold being 500 & Mecha-Frieza is 450 in idividual cards), while SSJ Future Trunks of that same saga is at DP 650. Funny to point that the Human Z-Fighters (Krillin, Tien & Yamcha) after 3 years of training for the Androids Saga are at DP 300 (60% of Frieza's Race top fighters' rank back in DBZ which is very respected considering many fans think they're Ginyu force tier); The rest of the Androids Saga (part 11, that claims Krillin: DP 400, Tien: DP 350 & Yamcha: DP 200, included:http://dbzcollection.fr/v2/cartes.php?idc=18&ids=83) for matters of comparison to Frieza & Cold are:
* Gohan after training is DP 550
* Piccolo after training is DP 750
* SSJ Goku after 3 years is DP 800.
* SSJ Vegeta is DP 750.
* SSJ Trunks is DP 700.
* Android 20 (Dr. Gero) is DP 550.
* Android 19 (with Goku's ki absorbed): DP 650.
* Androids 17 & 18 are both at DP 800 (there's one card of them both together at DP 900).
* Android 16: ?/999 in the next part = TOO POWERFUL.
* Cyclopian Guards: DP 450.
* Meta-Cooler: DP 750.

Conclusion: According to this card game the Freeza Race elites doesn't pose a threat anymore for the vast majority of the characters that appears 3 years after their empire collapsed.
So.... You used a card game to measure the strength of the Arcosian elites? Why?

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:47 pm

It's interesting trivia to know.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Nejishiki wrote:It's interesting trivia to know.
sorry Nejishiki, but its not particularly interesting, to know that

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:00 pm

Rather than single-sentence posts debating your personal interest level in someone else's well-put-together post, why not find another thread you are interested in and contribute there? Thank you for keeping conversations friendly, relevant, and interesting!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:03 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Rather than single-sentence posts debating your personal interest level in someone else's well-put-together post, why not find another thread you are interested in and contribute there? Thank you for keeping conversations friendly, relevant, and interesting!
Um... Are you referring to me VegettoEX? Just... Would like to know.

Israelite Wolfman
Banned

Post by Israelite Wolfman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:23 am

According to Dragon Ball Super's Resurrection 'F' arc (don't recall seeing that in the DBZ movie), before going to Earth for reviving Frieza (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YZ0ajtsvGQ) Sorbet tells Tagoma, Shisami & his frog soldier that alongside him (Frieza's power level from the Namek Saga, without that monstrous powering up he got through that story) their army will gain control of "70% of the (7th) Universe" = if Frieza was indeed his race strongest member (even though King Cold got a build up by both Frieza & the Z-Fighters as he was stronger) with the same natural power he had back on Namek (120,000,000 at 100%) his faction/staff officers were STILL aware there were 30% of the universe left stronger than him.

This is totally logical considering GT characters who (probably lived in parallel to Frieza and) were from the Earth's Galaxy alone, NOT THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE, in the Black Star Dragon Balls Saga: Ledgic, Cardinal Mutchy Mutchy (in his Mutchy form), Luud, Super Mega Cannon Sigma (maybe even the Sigma Force as individuals), General Rildo or even the Giant from Monmaasu & the Mouma worms who could tank a Kamehameha from a Goku much stronger than what he was against Frieza on Namek; not to mention Chief Moginaian from DBS episode 2 was probably stronger than Frieza from DBZ, and he was just some barbarian chieftain from a not so important planet. Even Watagash using Barry Kahn could achieve power levels higher than DBZ Frieza or Cold (forcing Gohan to fight serious & even turn SSJ with his last 2 forms while controlling a mere human who's weaker than Mr. Satan). Meaning they weren't really the "Strongest Family/Clan in Space" as they'd like to think/claim.

Ridiculously, it took Dodoria-Zarbon tier Tagoma & Shisami (at least in the movie) 4 months of being Frieza's punching bags to become at least 10 times stronger than King Cold or Frieza were on DBZ in RoF.

Pickle_Jar
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Pickle_Jar » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:02 pm

Gog wrote:
Darkprince410 wrote:
tmak01 wrote:My sister told me one day that Freeza and his family are abnormally strong for their race. Well I have never heard this and I know the Dragon Ball community has a huge problem with miss information. So could y'all help and tell me if is this true or another lie?
This information came from Toriyama's Super Q & A for the March 2014 issue of Saikyō Jump
About how many of Freeza’s race are there? Are they quite thriving, with a big population?

Freeza is what you might call a mutated life-form. Strictly speaking, Freeza’s father is a mutant with an abnormally high battle power. And, born from his father alone4, still in strong possession of the mutant traits, was Freeza.

Accordingly, even saying “Freeza’s race”, these two are the only ones who possess an abnormal [level of] battle power and cruelty.

4 It is unclear whether Toriyama means Freeza was born from only one parent, or emphasizing that only Cold carried these traits.
So your sister is not entirely mistaken, though it should be specified that Toriyama is speaking only of Freeza and Cold.
Gog wrote:They are mutants of the arcosians, and are in fact stronger than them all.
Their race isn't called Arcosian. Officially, Freeza's race has no name whatsoever, and Arcosian was an early Funimation dub (when they were partnered with Saban) name for a filler-only race (with no name in the original anime) that has no connection to Freeza whatsoever.
But its the only thing I have to call them besides what? Frieza race?

Call me an old fart, but I come from a time when Freeza's race got called Icejins. At least in Yahoo chat when role playing was big there. :D

(Also, yes, I spell it Freeza, that's how I always spelled it >.<;; )
:mrgreen: I'm a cucumber, so don't put me in the pickle jar! :mrgreen: