Question about the Freeza Race?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

tmak01

Question about the Freeza Race?

Post by tmak01 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:09 pm

My sister told me one day that Freeza and his family are abnormally strong for their race. Well I have never heard this and I know the Dragon Ball community has a huge problem with miss information. So could y'all help and tell me if is this true or another lie?

Gog
I Live Here

Re: Question about the Freeza Race?

Post by Gog » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:13 pm

They are mutants of the arcosians, and are in fact stronger than them all.

tmak01

Post by tmak01 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:25 pm

Thank You.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:32 pm

tmak01 wrote:Thank You.
Your welcome! :)

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:08 am

tmak01 wrote:My sister told me one day that Freeza and his family are abnormally strong for their race. Well I have never heard this and I know the Dragon Ball community has a huge problem with miss information. So could y'all help and tell me if is this true or another lie?
This information came from Toriyama's Super Q & A for the March 2014 issue of Saikyō Jump
About how many of Freeza’s race are there? Are they quite thriving, with a big population?

Freeza is what you might call a mutated life-form. Strictly speaking, Freeza’s father is a mutant with an abnormally high battle power. And, born from his father alone4, still in strong possession of the mutant traits, was Freeza.

Accordingly, even saying “Freeza’s race”, these two are the only ones who possess an abnormal [level of] battle power and cruelty.

4 It is unclear whether Toriyama means Freeza was born from only one parent, or emphasizing that only Cold carried these traits.
So your sister is not entirely mistaken, though it should be specified that Toriyama is speaking only of Freeza and Cold.
Gog wrote:They are mutants of the arcosians, and are in fact stronger than them all.
Their race isn't called Arcosian. Officially, Freeza's race has no name whatsoever, and Arcosian was an early Funimation dub (when they were partnered with Saban) name for a filler-only race (with no name in the original anime) that has no connection to Freeza whatsoever.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:28 am

Darkprince410 wrote:
tmak01 wrote:My sister told me one day that Freeza and his family are abnormally strong for their race. Well I have never heard this and I know the Dragon Ball community has a huge problem with miss information. So could y'all help and tell me if is this true or another lie?
This information came from Toriyama's Super Q & A for the March 2014 issue of Saikyō Jump
About how many of Freeza’s race are there? Are they quite thriving, with a big population?

Freeza is what you might call a mutated life-form. Strictly speaking, Freeza’s father is a mutant with an abnormally high battle power. And, born from his father alone4, still in strong possession of the mutant traits, was Freeza.

Accordingly, even saying “Freeza’s race”, these two are the only ones who possess an abnormal [level of] battle power and cruelty.

4 It is unclear whether Toriyama means Freeza was born from only one parent, or emphasizing that only Cold carried these traits.
So your sister is not entirely mistaken, though it should be specified that Toriyama is speaking only of Freeza and Cold.
Gog wrote:They are mutants of the arcosians, and are in fact stronger than them all.
Their race isn't called Arcosian. Officially, Freeza's race has no name whatsoever, and Arcosian was an early Funimation dub (when they were partnered with Saban) name for a filler-only race (with no name in the original anime) that has no connection to Freeza whatsoever.
But its the only thing I have to call them besides what? Frieza race?

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:43 am

Gog wrote:
It at least would be the accurate term for them. They have no official name at all, and the race that is called Arcosian in the Funimation dub has no resemblance or connection to Freeza at all.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:16 am

Darkprince410 wrote:
Gog wrote:
It at least would be the accurate term for them. They have no official name at all, and the race that is called Arcosian in the Funimation dub has no resemblance or connection to Freeza at all.
But how do they have no resemblance? There all small hooded people... Wait a minute
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I'm really starting to get desperate here

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:21 am

I'm afraid you might be! :D The classification has no basis in official sources outside of FUNimation's interpretation. They're never named in the original conversation nor is it a reference to Freeza.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:52 am

Nejishiki wrote:I'm afraid you might be! :D The classification has no basis in official sources outside of FUNimation's interpretation. They're never named in the original conversation nor is it a reference to Freeza.
Yeah, I know, I only use the term Arcosian to refer to them, its not their actual name, and its a total dubism, but its got the arctic pun, and I don't like to call them Frieza's race, so I'm stuck with it :?

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:28 am

Only Frieza and King Cold are mutants, though I imagine Cooler could be one because he's on their level.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:33 pm

floofychan333 wrote:Only Frieza and King Cold are mutants, though I imagine Cooler could be one because he's on their level.
I imagine that Coola is a mutant, in that he can transform, but he aint' a prodigy, which would explain why he's so hilariously weak

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:39 pm

Gog wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:Only Frieza and King Cold are mutants, though I imagine Cooler could be one because he's on their level.
I imagine that Coola is a mutant, in that he can transform, but he aint' a prodigy, which would explain why he's so hilariously weak
Cooler isn't canon and Toriyama didn't consider him at all when making that statement. If he was canon he would be the same as King Cold and Frieza. I think he would probably be more of a prodigy than Cold, but less than Frieza.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:56 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
Gog wrote:
Cooler isn't canon and Toriyama didn't consider him at all when making that statement. If he was canon he would be the same as King Cold and Frieza. I think he would probably be more of a prodigy than Cold, but less than Frieza.
Yeah he's non canon, but from the movie, he was equal to base form Goku in his finial augmentation form

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:49 pm

Gog wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
Gog wrote:
Yeah he's non canon, but from the movie, he was equal to base form Goku in his finial augmentation form
How is Cooler hilariously weak? Goku was barely able to fend him off after going SSJ, just like with Frieza.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:22 pm

floofychan333 wrote:
Gog wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
How is Cooler hilariously weak? Goku was barely able to fend him off after going SSJ, just like with Frieza.
You must mean meta Coola, because in the first movie, Coola in his finial augmentation form was as strong as base form Goku, and his fifth form was as strong as kaio ken times four

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:27 pm

Gog wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
Gog wrote:
He might not of been at full power.

And Cooler's fith form flew through Goku's times 20 kaioken kamehameha, I have no idea where you are getting he is only as strong as kaioken x4. And his supernova almost beat ssj Goku.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:41 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
Gog wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:

And Cooler's fith form flew through Goku's times 20 kaioken kamehameha, I have no idea where you are getting he is only as strong as kaioken x4. And his supernova almost beat ssj Goku.
No he was at full power, Coola was stated to have mastered the finial augmentation form, and Goku never once stated what level of Kaio ken he was at

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:20 am

Gog wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
Gog wrote:

No he was at full power, Coola was stated to have mastered the finial augmentation form, and Goku never once stated what level of Kaio ken he was at
Cooler was never stated to be at full power nor was it stated he mastered his final form. Mecha Frieza also seemed to have his final form mastered and he was confirmed to not be at full power when he arrived.
And if it was never stated what kaioken Goku used why would you say x4 then? That is hypocritical. I'm saying he used x20 because it is only logical he would use his strongest kaioken. At the minimum I would say he was using x10.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:49 am

dragon boss z wrote:
Gog wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:

Cooler was never stated to be at full power nor was it stated he mastered his final form. Mecha Frieza also seemed to have his final form mastered and he was confirmed to not be at full power when he arrived.
And if it was never stated what kaioken Goku used why would you say x4 then? That is hypocritical. I'm saying he used x20 because it is only logical he would use his strongest kaioken. At the minimum I would say he was using x10.
Okay lets say that coola was at 50% of his full power, Goku was going toe, to toe with him in battle. No Mecha Freeza didn't have his finial form mastered, he was just at a lowered state of power.

Because Goku likes a good fight, and he was probably using kaio ken times by seven or something. Coola was the weakling of the family