How did Broly survive ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

How did Broly survive ?

Post by sintzu » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:10 am

How did Broly survive Goku's punch in movie 8 ? we see his stomach seemingly rip open and him expload yet he's in one piece in M10 ? how ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: How did Broly survive ?

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:48 pm

Let's look back at DBZ movie 8: poor baby gets stabbed and left for dead, but seems to create some sort of magic space bubble to survive the planet's destruction. Maybe extra healing properties in there?

Man, I haven't seen DBZ movie 10 in a looooooong time... do we see any kind of bubble in the beginning of that movie? Am I imagining things? Similar thing maybe?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:14 pm

The same way he survived Vegeta's destruction: inside a ball of energy. He didn't actually explode at the end of movie 8, he was just seriously wounded and the exploding effect was more of a visual effect (like when he fully transformed earlier and apparently exploded) than anything else. He eventually healed and even got more powerful from it.

It's true that it doesn't make sense for him to survive long inside such a ball... not enough air, food or water and too far away to reach another planet... not to mention the obvious problems in actually knowing in which direction to go in space... but all of those problems were already present when he survived planet Vegeta's explosion.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:22 pm

Well, he did land on earth in a space pod, but how and where did he get it, I Like to imagine that he held his breath and flew through space before finding a random floating space pod, from the days of the sayians
Last edited by Gog on Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:02 pm

Gog wrote:Because the executive producer's saw dollar signs in their eyes, and decided to make a way for Broly to survive, so that he could return for two whole other movies, to torture Kaiser Neko.
This is the "In-Universe" section of the forum.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:06 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Gog wrote:Because the executive producer's saw dollar signs in their eyes, and decided to make a way for Broly to survive, so that he could return for two whole other movies, to torture Kaiser Neko.
This is the "In-Universe" section of the forum.
Yeah, just making a joke, sorry about that, I'll edit it now

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:33 am

Gog wrote:Well, he did land on earth in a space pod, but how and where did he get it, I Like to imagine that he held his breath and flew through space before finding a random floating space pod, from the days of the sayians
There was 7 years between the 2 movies so did he just float around in space for that long ? or did he go somewhere else, get in another fight and then get sent to earth in that pod ?

When you look at it that way, there's enough material for a Broly mini series.

Make it happen Toei. :clap: :thumbup:
VegettoEX wrote:Man, I haven't seen DBZ movie 10 in a looooooong time... do we see any kind of bubble in the beginning of that movie? Am I imagining things? Similar thing maybe?
I think he arrived in a Saiyan pod which raises more questions, how'd he get it and what was he doing for 7 years in space ?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:42 am

sintzu wrote:
Gog wrote:Well, he did land on earth in a space pod, but how and where did he get it, I Like to imagine that he held his breath and flew through space before finding a random floating space pod, from the days of the sayians
There was 7 years between the 2 movies so did he just float around in space for that long ? or did he go somewhere else, get in another fight and then get sent to earth in that pod ?

No! :evil: no more Broly!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:00 am

Gog wrote:No! :evil: no more Broly!
Why not ? you could give Broly his own franchise set in those 7 years.

He could have his own anime, manga, movies and even a live action movie. :mrgreen:

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:27 am

sintzu wrote:There was 7 years between the 2 movies so did he just float around in space for that long ? or did he go somewhere else, get in another fight and then get sent to earth in that pod ?

I think he arrived in a Saiyan pod which raises more questions, how'd he get it and what was he doing for 7 years in space ?
Nothing. He was doing nothing.
  • "Broli was supposed to have been defeated by Goku and obliterated in the explosion of New Planet Vegeta seven years ago. However, he escaped in a spaceship immediately before the planet's explosion. He then crash-landed on Earth."

"Broli was supposed to have been defeated by Goku. Miraculously surviving, he comes to Earth and continues sleeping within ice for seven years."
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:34 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:"Broli was supposed to have been defeated by Goku. Miraculously surviving, he comes to Earth and continues sleeping within ice for seven years."
I guess I can kiss a Broly franchise goodbye. :cry:

Anyway, thanks a lot for this. :thumbup:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:50 am

Ah, I forgot that there was a space pod. Well, ignore my previous post, then.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:21 am

I think the space pod put him in cryogenic stasis or something...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147