Power mechanics thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gog
I Live Here

Re: Power mechanics thread

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:21 am

U-uh hem.

How does the kienzan function, would it be capable of cutting through. Anything, or is their a limit to its use?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:29 am

Gog wrote:U-uh hem.

How does the kienzan function, would it be capable of cutting through. Anything, or is their a limit to its use?
It's just an extremely sharp ki disc that spins rapidly. Presumably there would have to be a limit, we've never seen in it in the manga but in anime filler his Kienzan shatters against Cell's neck, so it seems that if a character is ~5,000x stronger than Kuririn his Kienzan will have no effect. On the other hand, in the manga Kuririn's Kienzan manages to cut 2nd form Frieza and Kuririn was stated to be at 75,000 at this time, so it seems at minimum his Kienzan works on people ~15x stronger than him.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:32 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:

It's just an extremely sharp ki disc that spins rapidly. Presumably there would have to be a limit, we've never seen in it in the manga but in anime filler his Kienzan shatters against Cell's neck, so it seems that if a character is ~5,000x stronger than Kuririn his Kienzan will have no effect. On the other hand, in the manga Kuririn's Kienzan manages to cut 2nd form Frieza and Kuririn was stated to be at 75,000 at this time, so it seems at minimum his Kienzan works on people ~15x stronger than him.
But, in the maa~nnngaa Cell dodged out of the Kienzan's way, can you explain that? Man the manga really ruins everything ha

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:20 am

Gog wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:

But, in the maa~nnngaa Cell dodged out of the Kienzan's way, can you explain that? Man the manga really ruins everything ha
Kuririn doesn't use the Kienzan in the manga, he just throws some punches.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:52 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Gog wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: It's just an extremely sharp ki disc that spins rapidly. Presumably there would have to be a limit, we've never seen in it in the manga but in anime filler his Kienzan shatters against Cell's neck, so it seems that if a character is ~5,000x stronger than Kuririn his Kienzan will have no effect. On the other hand, in the manga Kuririn's Kienzan manages to cut 2nd form Frieza and Kuririn was stated to be at 75,000 at this time, so it seems at minimum his Kienzan works on people ~15x stronger than him.
Kuririn doesn't use the Kienzan in the manga, he just throws some punches.
Huh... Man I need to really go reread the manga

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:32 pm

Form your ki with sharp edges, fill the circle, & fire. With Freeza's variation (which Cell inherits in the anime adaption), it can seek out someone's presence. Apparently, Vinegar (of planet Makyo) can stop the technique with his bare hands.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:38 pm

Now lets ask the impossible question. How does God Ki function? Whats its mechanic?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:42 am

Gog wrote:Now lets ask the impossible question. How does God Ki function? Whats its mechanic?
According to Super it's just the ki of someone with perfect ki control who can prevent it from leaking. Presumably there's a power level requirement as well.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:36 pm

How could the saiyan race evolve the super saiyan form? What would they need it for?

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:01 pm

Does Shenron has a physical body?, or rather, Can his body interact with the enviroment? (like if I gathered the DBs and summoned him inside a small cave, would Shenron destroy said place?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Does Shenron has a physical body?, or rather, Can his body interact with the enviroment? (like if I gathered the DBs and summoned him inside a small cave, would Shenron destroy said place?
Well King Piccolo was able to kill him with a ki blast, so I think so
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:48 pm

Gog wrote:Now lets ask the impossible question. How does God Ki function? Whats its mechanic?
NEWBIE'S GUIDE TO GETTING GOD KI:
1. Git gud.
2. Be important to the plot.
3. Become a Saiyan.
4. Train offscreen.
5. Profit.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:22 pm

DBZ Macky wrote:
1. Git gud.
Vegeta did not do this yet he still got God ki.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:28 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
DBZ Macky wrote:
1. Git gud.
Vegeta did not do this yet he still got God ki.
No, Vegeta had to git gud, and bribe the angels with his banana's