Yajirobe In The Vegeta Fight

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Big Green The Yoshi
Beyond Newbie

Yajirobe In The Vegeta Fight

Post by Big Green The Yoshi » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:52 pm

Why did he just come out of nowhere? I always thought this was dumb.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Yajirobe In The Vegeta Fight

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:03 pm

I thought that was one best forgotten moments in the franchise. It emphasised just how much Vegeta at that time really bit of more than he could chew with the Earthlings he was fighting. He never would have guessed in a million years that a fat marital artist with a sword would permanently maim him... but it happened. Always because he got too damn cocky. It's just such a great moment in an already great fight that highlights how heroism can come from anyone. Another subtle motif within the narrative of the original story. I mean, who would guess that an obese, lazy samurai would be pivotal in the most important fight in all of Dragon Ball? Absolutely wonderful.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:06 pm

Gotta agree with Lord Beerus here. Probably Yajirobe's shining moment.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:12 pm

I can't recall; doesn't the manga show him hanging around the fight before he decides to attack Vegeta? If so, it's not like he pops out of nowhere. He was also training with the rest of the crew to defeat the Saiyans, so his absence is somewhat conspicuous from the start.

And yeah; it's a good moment. The whole everyone vs. Vegeta fight is great.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:40 pm

Well in the anime they show him being interviewed acting Mr. Satan style where he says he's the leader and that he's strong and he will help them. Then we see him drive in his air-car toward the battlefield and hide out behind the rocks. He was there for most of it.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:00 pm

I don't remember seeing him in the original manga, however it has been forever since I read the original manga. But if I could edit the manga, he would absolutely stay.

Big Green The Yoshi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Green The Yoshi » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:49 pm

Well yeah, don't get me wrong, the Vegeta fight is my favorite fight in the whole Manga.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:04 am

Well In universe? Either he was always there (and Nappa and Vegeta's scouters ignored him and honed on Piccolo and Gohan) or because he can't fly, when he sensed the Saiyans, he was hours away from the site, and showed up finally after the battles were just about done. I go with the latter.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:48 am

Big Green The Yoshi wrote:Why did he just come out of nowhere? I always thought this was dumb.
Agreed, I wish Goku always defeated the villains by himself without help from any of the side characters. I hated it when Gohan defeated Cell and even Vegeta (my 2nd favorite character between Goku and Broly) gets too much attention these days. Dragonball Z is and forever should be the Goku show. Period.

Big Green The Yoshi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Green The Yoshi » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:04 am

That's not what I meant. I just think he appeared randomly. I thought the Vegeta fight was so gripping and epic.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:33 am

Yajirobe is a great, and criminally underused, character. His shining moment in the Vegeta fight as excellent.

My memory of the fight was that he was in-hiding for most of it, but my memory is a little sketchy. I'm sure somebody knows for definite.

Great moment though.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:06 am

Yajirobe is first seen in the chapter, where Goku's kkx2 fails and he decides he has to ramp it up to 3.
He then congratulates Goku when seemingly killing Vegeta with the kkx4 + kamehameha.
And you should know the rest.
All in all it did not feel forced to me.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:56 pm

I believe he was shown to fly over to the location of the battle in a hovercar in the anime?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:07 am

He stumbled upon Goku and Vegeta flying to the battlefield. He followed them there

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]