Did Majin Boo Originally Wear Clothing?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Did Majin Boo Originally Wear Clothing?

Post by theherodjl » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:10 pm

Kid Boo wore white pants, black gauntlets, and boots millions of years ago but is there anything that states he's always worn them?
Super Boo upon absorption materialized a loosely similar outfit to Dai-Kaioshin, vest of Gotenks, Gi-vest and shirt of Gohan, and was forcibly made to fit into Piccolo's outfit once Goku & Vegeta began removing absorbees. Just prior to this though Boohan was able to remove the Gohan outfit and not regenerate it back, so does this mean that Boo simply chooses to clothe himself and that originally he was naked all the way back in time immemorial?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

RehBeh
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Did Majin Boo Originally Wear Clothing?

Post by RehBeh » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:13 pm

theherodjl wrote:Kid Boo wore white pants, black gauntlets, and boots millions of years ago but is there anything that states he's always worn them?
Super Boo upon absorption materialized a loosely similar outfit to Dai-Kaioshin, vest of Gotenks, Gi-vest and shirt of Gohan, and was forcibly made to fit into Piccolo's outfit once Goku & Vegeta began removing absorbees. Just prior to this though Boohan was able to remove the Gohan outfit and not regenerate it back, so does this mean that Boo simply chooses to clothe himself and that originally he was naked all the way back in time immemorial?
It's a possibility.
GT wasn't that bad
DBZ Macky wrote:
RehBeh wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: He is, its just that no one holds him in high esteem, even in-universe.
He must feel awful. Being a God and no one respects him. Just sad.
And Zamasu thought he had it bad. Fuckin' edgy Kaios thinking about "Justice" and shit just because they got strong by chance.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:14 pm

I would assume Pure Buu is... well, pure, and has always looked like that.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:46 am

If recent interview material is to be believed, Boo has existed since the beginning of time, and also apparently invented the concept of pants in Universe 7.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:47 am

I don't see why not. Piccolo could make his demons be born with clothes on, so maybe Buu could too, even if we go by retcon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:26 am

Cipher wrote:also apparently invented the concept of pants in Universe 7.
Buu isn't so stupid after all!
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Trickster
Beyond Newbie

Post by Trickster » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:48 am

Cipher wrote:If recent interview material is to be believed, Boo has existed since the beginning of time, and also apparently invented the concept of pants in Universe 7.
Where is this written?
Sorry for bad english. I'm not fluent in your language, so, if you want to correct some mistake of mine, please do it. I'll be grateful

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:08 am

Trickster wrote:Where is this written?
The "Twel-Boo Mysteries" Q&A between Naho Ooishi and Akira Toriyama in the June 2014 issue of Saikyō Jump.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Trickster
Beyond Newbie

Post by Trickster » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:37 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Trickster wrote:Where is this written?
The "Twel-Boo Mysteries" Q&A between Naho Ooishi and Akira Toriyama in the June 2014 issue of Saikyō Jump.
Sorry for bad english. I'm not fluent in your language, so, if you want to correct some mistake of mine, please do it. I'll be grateful

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:54 pm

Cipher wrote:If recent interview material is to be believed, Boo has existed since the beginning of time, and also apparently invented the concept of pants in Universe 7.
Now that I think about it. Doesn't that mean every sapient being in creation was modeled after Buu? At least the bipedal human-sized ones with one pair each of arms, legs, eyes, and ears.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:28 pm

Well maybe it was something Bibidi made him do. You know, because having your pink, killing machine walk around starkers is just as unsettling for you as it is for everyone else.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:41 pm

He probably didn't when he was born but I'm sure if Majins ever were a canon race then they wore clothes. He would have worn clothes pretty soon after birth.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu