How Do You Destroy A Universe

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How Do You Destroy A Universe

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:52 am

dario03 wrote:You divide it by zero. Notice how Zeno is so close to zero... Coincidence?
... We can't divide by zero.. we will have undefined value not a null value..
If null value is desired division by infinity is required..
Infinity has no known end..
Notice how Zeno's power has no known end..
Coincidence?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:21 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:
DragonBallLove wrote: That's it, it wouldn't look like anything. Well, lets get back a little. I said "obliterated" as oposed to "broken", as both concepts could mean "destroyed". But while a "broken" res can be seen afterward (or, more like, its pieces), a "obliterated" one can't, because there is no pieces left to be seen. Also, I said "spacetime" and not "universe" because they can be either synonims or different things. We can surely affirm that in DB "universe destroying" doesn't equal to "spacetime obliteration"
I think you're being a little bit too picky and semantic.

How else were they supposed to interpret Zeno destroying the universe?
Exactly. What you're basically saying is that it's impossible to have any fictional depiction of destroying a universe because there's no way to portray it. That's silly.
No, I'm okay with the way they represented it. What I'm saying is that Zeno have been show to be able to destroy all physical content of a multi/universe, but not the spacetime. Just that. Don't twist my words.
Also, a way to depict a total spacetime obliteration: "We can't go there. There's nothing. As if it have never existed." I think I've seen it in many time traveling and multiversal fictions, DC's Booster Gold comes to mind.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:59 pm

DragonBallLove wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
nickzambuto wrote: I think you're being a little bit too picky and semantic.

How else were they supposed to interpret Zeno destroying the universe?
Exactly. What you're basically saying is that it's impossible to have any fictional depiction of destroying a universe because there's no way to portray it. That's silly.
No, I'm okay with the way they represented it. What I'm saying is that Zeno have been show to be able to destroy all physical content of a multi/universe, but not the spacetime. Just that. Don't twist my words.
Also, a way to depict a total spacetime obliteration: "We can't go there. There's nothing. As if it have never existed." I think I've seen it in many time traveling and multiversal fictions, DC's Booster Gold comes to mind.
That's just your opinion. That particular writer of Booster Gold portrayed it one way, and Dragon Ball portrayed it another way. What makes Booster Gold's method more scientifically accurate? Do YOU personally know what a destroyed universe looks like? Obviously Zeno did destroy the fabric of the universe because he was floating in a white void. If he simply destroyed all the matter, it would be black. But space itself was gone as well.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:33 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
DragonBallLove wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
That's just your opinion. That particular writer of Booster Gold portrayed it one way, and Dragon Ball portrayed it another way. What makes Booster Gold's method more scientifically accurate? Do YOU personally know what a destroyed universe looks like? Obviously Zeno did destroy the fabric of the universe because he was floating in a white void. If he simply destroyed all the matter, it would be black. But space itself was gone as well.
This is a good point. If the blackness of space is gone, that means either something has replaced it (which doesn't make much sense in context) or that space itself is gone.

The only real argument you could make is that since the time machine was still able to travel to that point, and even to before it was destroyed, then time still existed. But time works oddly in DB verse, so perhaps it's possible to destroy space without destroying time.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:23 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
dario03 wrote:You divide it by zero. Notice how Zeno is so close to zero... Coincidence?
... We can't divide by zero.. we will have undefined value not a null value..
If null value is desired division by infinity is required..
Infinity has no known end..
Notice how Zeno's power has no known end..
Coincidence?
Nawww its definitely by zero.

Its been done small scale before.

Last edited by dario03 on Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:27 pm

I personally destroy universes by introducing Polio to planets with no resistance, then burning the remains. I guess it's still technically there, but what is a universe without consciousness or life, y'know?
Retired.

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:00 am

Ok, you got me on the whiteness thing. And perhaps time itself was destroyed too, as it became sort of an eternal moment. Got to remember this is a kids show, and not Star Trek and its lot of technobabble.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:22 am

I wonder if ki blasts are capable of destroying matter. They have to be, right?

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:51 am

Destroying as in atomic desintegration? Iirc that the whole deal with the genkidama against Boo. And also, the Father son Kamehameha against Cell was capable of destroying every cell in its body but not every atom.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:19 am

I wouldn't say "全王" & "零/ゼロ" are all that close in appearance, no (pronunciations, yes). :wink:

dragonballer
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballer » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:23 pm

I wonder how goku could be talking in that white space if there was no air there.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:35 pm

dragonballer wrote:I wonder how goku could be talking in that white space if there was no air there.
He was using his God powers.

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:00 pm

In my head I imagine the universe contracting until everything within it is condensed into something the size of a single atom.
Then a universal implosion occurs.
After that, no idea, maybe all the matter is recycled or the amount of energy creates something beyond comprehension.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:43 am

dragonballer wrote:I wonder how goku could be talking in that white space if there was no air there.
I would just say 'act of plot', but if I have to give a reasonable in-universe explanation, perhaps the time machine has a bubble of air surrounding it, like a forcefield.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Demigra » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:49 pm

An explosion from a massively suppressed Beerus and Ssj God Goku(which base Goku surpassed later on) was going to destroy the macrocosm. I'm pretty sure destroying one wouldn't be that hard after that saga

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:25 am

ekrolo2 wrote:You get its original creator who's well past his prime and have him script a rushed sequel/midquel show to it.
Dude... I cannot stop laughing! :lol: How did I miss that gold last year!?
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:30 am

Majin Demigra wrote:An explosion from a massively suppressed Beerus and Ssj God Goku(which base Goku surpassed later on) was going to destroy the macrocosm. I'm pretty sure destroying one wouldn't be that hard after that saga
It likely had more to do with Beerus' power being involved that made the condensed buildup of Ki dangerous to the universe; a sneeze from Beerus can destroy a moon after all, but a sneeze from Goku is no different from anyone else's.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:04 pm

I could see this feat being accomplished by someone doing something similar to Vegeta's self-destruction against boo except on a more Universal scale the blast going 360 degrees in all directions.