How Do You Destroy A Universe

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hit-Man

How Do You Destroy A Universe

Post by Hit-Man » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:59 pm

I always wondered truly if it was possible to destroy the universe of DB with sheer power. Of course we have Zeno who could easily do that, but Zeno is more of a God that can erase whatever exists in the universe IMO (he can probably billions of other things as well). But is it possible to just blow the universe into nothingness? First talk of this was from Cell who boosted he could do such a feat (which I highly doubt). We also got close to it with the fight between Beerus and Goku in Super which was caused from their ridiculous amount of power which seemed to distort time and space. Let's use Beerus as a example, would he just somehow blast the universe away? Surely wouldn't that cause a huge amount of power? Like a giant ass Death Ball or Ki blast the size of the universe? Or can he simple "destruct" the universe? Since he can destroy anything? Or maybe he has some way to distort time and space similar to when fought Goku? ANSWERS NOW
I don't joke. I'm not here to make friends. And I don't care if you like me or not. It's my opinion and only my opinion matters. Not yours.

-Love,
Hit-Man

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: How Do You Destroy A Universe

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:07 pm

Remember when Gotenks and Boo ripped holes into space itself through sheer power?

Imagine that, but the tear is wide enough to consume the whole universe.

That's what Beerus is capable of.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:36 am

You hit it really hard.

Pickle_Jar
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Pickle_Jar » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:52 pm

Beerus may also be able to simply break the bonds that hold atoms together. Maybe he starts at a "point zero" in the universe and this attack moves outward in a sphere at the speed of light. Everything it touches goes from cohesive atoms to loose particles.

Give it a couple billion years or have him do it in several places where it's allowed to run unchecked and bye bye!
:mrgreen: I'm a cucumber, so don't put me in the pickle jar! :mrgreen:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:57 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:You hit it really hard.
And if that don't work there isn't a problem in the world that can't be solved by the proper application of explosives.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:18 am

First talk of this was from Cell who boosted he could do such a feat (which I highly doubt).
Cell claimed to be able to destroy the solar system, not the entire universe. That's basically just a star plus surrounding planets unless you want to get into the complicated bits and tiny details of what constitutes the solar system (too many asteroids to reliably count, little planetoids lingering way out on the edges past Pluto, etc.) -- so it's way, way, waaaaay less of a big deal than blowing up a single galaxy, let alone the entire universe!

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:15 am

Spacetime can't be obliterated by any known DB character this far. Not even Zenou, for if it was the case he wouldn't be floating in white nothingness.

Lunaar
Patreon Supporter

Post by Lunaar » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:46 am

I know it was sort of a "get out of jail free" card for Toriyama, but I really wish there had been just a smidge more information on how Boo, Gotenks and Piccolo were able to rip a hole in time and space by screaming. More specifically on if it had anything to do with the bizarre properties of that dimension or if they really have the sheer force necessary to pull that off anywhere. Now that I'm writing, I just remembered Goku Black pulled off an equally strange and unexplained feat by tearing open a hole from another dimension with his ki blade.

If such feats are accomplished with little to no fanfare, what can we possibly expect our heroes to be capable of? If you were to define "destroy a universe" by "making it blow up" or whatever, then no - I don't really see anybody doing that. It was mentioned during Goku and Beerus' (Super) battle that the negative energy from their attacks alone could destroy the universe, but it's never really explained how... and never mentioned ever again. Beerus and Champa are regularly discouraged to fight, as two Gods locked in combat could mean the end of the universe. Did that relate to the whole negative energy bit, or is it specifically because of their roles as Gods of Destruction? Everything is so vague, it's absurd to come to any conclusion.

On the whole "dimension tearing" stuff: that's how I would imagine someone in Dragon Ball "destroying" the universe. Tearing the fabric of our dimension to let an unspeakable chaotic force ruin the universe as we know it. It could easily be it's own concept for a story (or location in the very least) and would follow the series' pace for upping the scale in stakes. Much more interesting than everything being consumed in one huge explosion.
Gogegito wrote:Gotenks said "I cant let him fight just like that, please trunks help me, he's my brother" And trunks also had undesrstanding eyes.
Ajay wrote:It's probably savagely lit. I dunno.
Steam ID: Lunaar
★頭カラッポの方が 夢詰め込める★

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:46 pm

DragonBallLove wrote:Spacetime can't be obliterated by any known DB character this far. Not even Zenou, for if it was the case he wouldn't be floating in white nothingness.
To be fair we have no idea what a destroyed universe would look like, if anything. So representing it as a white void with colored blobs is just as good as any other option.

Anyway I think Zeno can wipe out the universe itself, but what Beerus could do is just destroy all of the planets/stars/galaxies in it, basically disintegrate all of the matter and leave it empty, but it would still be there. Zeno can just make the universe itself cease to exist.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DragonBallLove
Beyond Newbie

Post by DragonBallLove » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:37 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
DragonBallLove wrote:Spacetime can't be obliterated by any known DB character this far. Not even Zenou, for if it was the case he wouldn't be floating in white nothingness.
To be fair we have no idea what a destroyed universe would look like, if anything. So representing it as a white void with colored blobs is just as good as any other option.
That's it, it wouldn't look like anything. Well, lets get back a little. I said "obliterated" as oposed to "broken", as both concepts could mean "destroyed". But while a "broken" res can be seen afterward (or, more like, its pieces), a "obliterated" one can't, because there is no pieces left to be seen. Also, I said "spacetime" and not "universe" because they can be either synonims or different things. We can surely affirm that in DB "universe destroying" doesn't equal to "spacetime obliteration"

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:34 pm

DragonBallLove wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
That's it, it wouldn't look like anything. Well, lets get back a little. I said "obliterated" as oposed to "broken", as both concepts could mean "destroyed". But while a "broken" res can be seen afterward (or, more like, its pieces), a "obliterated" one can't, because there is no pieces left to be seen. Also, I said "spacetime" and not "universe" because they can be either synonims or different things. We can surely affirm that in DB "universe destroying" doesn't equal to "spacetime obliteration"
I think you're being a little bit too picky and semantic.

How else were they supposed to interpret Zeno destroying the universe?

saunasolmu
Beyond Newbie

Post by saunasolmu » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:35 pm

The Gods of Destruction can probably destroy an universe, the Omni-King can actually erase one from existence completely.

[spoiler]The tournament will be held in a vacuum without time or space, we shall see if it looks like the erased timeline[/spoiler]

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:34 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
DragonBallLove wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
I think you're being a little bit too picky and semantic.

How else were they supposed to interpret Zeno destroying the universe?
Exactly. What you're basically saying is that it's impossible to have any fictional depiction of destroying a universe because there's no way to portray it. That's silly.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:27 am

Sheer power, however if you want the original ri-goddamn-diculous feat that simplifies this phrase to the fullest then look no further than Molecule Man vs Beyonder from Secret Wars.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:21 am

The universe seems to be a giant sphere with planets in it in the Dragonball world..
Punching it really really hard should do the trick..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:47 pm

When it's guard is down, catch it with a sneak attack.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:49 pm

You get its original creator who's well past his prime and have him script a rushed sequel/midquel show to it.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:47 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:You get its original creator who's well past his prime and have him script a rushed sequel/midquel show to it.
Oh, behave you. :P

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:25 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:You get its original creator who's well past his prime and have him script a rushed sequel/midquel show to it.
Oh, behave you. :P
Sorry, the snark potential was too good for me to resist ;)
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:10 pm

You divide it by zero. Notice how Zeno is so close to zero... Coincidence?