Piccolo's stamina?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Piccolo's stamina?

Post by supercat » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:02 pm

I get guys like Tien and Roshi getting tired fighting Frieza's soldiers, but Piccolo? He's such a joke of a character it's not even funny. He gets defeated by a fighter who was stated to be Zarbon-tier and he gets tired fighting a bunch of weaklings that Roshi had little to no trouble with. Hope he remains irrelevant and continues getting owned :lol:

pacz360
I Live Here

Re: Piccolo's stamina?

Post by pacz360 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:18 am

supercat wrote:I get guys like Tien and Roshi getting tired fighting Frieza's soldiers, but Piccolo? He's such a joke of a character it's not even funny. He gets defeated by a fighter who was stated to be Zarbon-tier and he gets tired fighting a bunch of weaklings that Roshi had little to no trouble with. Hope he remains irrelevant and continues getting owned :lol:
Went it was stated the guy he was fighting was zarbon tier
Tacoma trained in four months with freeza to the point he went from Zarbon tier to stomping a guy's who should at be cell jr level.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:21 am

Does this thread actually have any point?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:21 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Does this thread actually have any point?
It's hilarious. Beyond that, not really.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:59 am

This arc seems to be the one where you make it or don't. If he gets nothing in this arc. He is probably done forever tbh in terms of fighting, but ever since post roast he has been more about commentary and training others, so it's not like he is doing that bad. Post kami Piccolo and pre Kami Piccolo have very different roles in the story. He lost his edge when fused with kami.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:20 am

pacz360 wrote:
supercat wrote:I get guys like Tien and Roshi getting tired fighting Frieza's soldiers, but Piccolo? He's such a joke of a character it's not even funny. He gets defeated by a fighter who was stated to be Zarbon-tier and he gets tired fighting a bunch of weaklings that Roshi had little to no trouble with. Hope he remains irrelevant and continues getting owned :lol:
Tacoma trained in four months with freeza to the point he went from Zarbon tier to stomping a guy's who should at be cell jr level.
Well I adhere to the whole Shisami trained concept, but I was just pointing out how sad it is from an out-of-universe perspective that he got owned by some guy who was compared to Zarbon and Dodoria without any real indication that he did in fact get stronger. The average fan who watches the movie as a casual throwback probably isn't going to care enough to wonder how or why Piccolo lost to the some Zarbon-tier nobody.

But yes, if I had to guess Piccolo's stance on the power scale, I'd say he's anywhere between a Cell Jr and Kaioshin; but could very well have surpassed the latter.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:15 am

supercat wrote:
pacz360 wrote:
Well I adhere to the whole Shisami trained concept, but I was just pointing out how sad it is from an out-of-universe perspective that he got owned by some guy who was compared to Zarbon and Dodoria without any real indication that he did in fact get stronger. The average fan who watches the movie as a casual throwback probably isn't going to care enough to wonder how or why Piccolo lost to the some Zarbon-tier nobody.

But yes, if I had to guess Piccolo's stance on the power scale, I'd say he's anywhere between a Cell Jr and Kaioshin; but could very well have surpassed the latter.
why would you care if you hate the character? You should be happy he is getting phased out in a disgraceful manner.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:10 am

A reminder that this is the In-Universe section of the forum. However, any sort of discussion this thread could foster in this section will ultimately boil down to strength debates. (And it already is, kinda.) There are plenty of other threads better suited for this conversation.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)