What if Chi Chi was a Z Fighter?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gokuman1993
Beyond Newbie

What if Chi Chi was a Z Fighter?

Post by Gokuman1993 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:57 pm

(Boy, it's been a while since I've posted anything, huh?)

I dunno if anyone made a thread like this before, or even asked this question, but it's been one I've been thinking about for a long while upon rereading the Dragon Ball manga; what would happen if Chi-Chi was part of the Z-Fighters? I mean, I know we got Android 18 and all that, but seriously DB is sort of lacking in female fighters. Most of them are either relegated to more domestic roles (like Chi-Chi and Videl) or not really join in on the action much (seriously, I'd have love to see more of 18 in the Buu Arc outside of her beating on Mr. Satan and her match with Goten and Trun...I mean, "Mighty Mask." XD). But, what if that wasn't the case?

I mean, we all know Chi-Chi was a martial artist at some point; in the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai, she was strong and skilled enough to be a finalist and, while the power gap was too large and she lost, she managed to keep Goku on his feet with each hit and kick she threw at him and she didn't even get tired. Hell, even long after she stopped fighting and became a housewife and mother, she never seemed to get rusty according to Goten in the Buu Arc; he stated that she trained him a bit, apparently enough to make him an equal to Trunks (who trained with his dad in the Gravity Room, BTW). While I like Chi-Chi as is, I do think it would've been neat if she still got to be a fighter. Like, maybe she'd never be as powerful as her Super Saiyan hubby and her boys, but she could share the title of "World's Strongest Human" alongside Krillin. That would be awesome, would it?

Like, just imagine if she got into the action with her husband, her sons and their friends? What if she joined Krillin, Yamcha, Tenshinhan and Chaozu to train with Kami? What she fought alongside them against Vegeta and Nappa? What if she joined Gohan, Krillin and Bulma on their trip to Namek (if she didn't die in the Saiyan Arc)? What if she tried to fight against the Androids and Cell? What if she participated in the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai before Babidi showed up? But, most importantly, what if she got some ki control and learned some attacks (like the Kamehameha) and maybe even make some new attacks herself?

I'd love to know what you guys think, maybe even add in more than I've already said. Feel free to even add in some potential power levels for her :D

Edit(3/11/17): Also, can we maybe hold off on the hate for her here? 'Cause I'm noticing a lot of users gleefully talking about how she'll get beat up and/or killed. Like, come on guys.... No! :thumbdown:
Last edited by Gokuman1993 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: What if Chi Chi was a Z Fighter?

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:27 pm

I enjoyed Chi-Chi as a fighter and think they could've done more with her if they'd gone the Bulma route by adding her being a mom to her already established character instead of it overtaking her completely.

They had Chi-Chi fight some of Garlic Jr's minions in Dead Zone while protecting Gohan; they definitely could've done it. Chi-Chi's pretty fearless too so you could've had some good moments. I do think she'd drop off at around where Krillin and Yamcha started to (End of Cell arc) but she could've easily made it though most of Z if she'd continued training, imo.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:10 am

She'd probably peak around Krillin or Tien tier then pushed into the background but it'd actually benefit her character a lot more justice so bullshit like this wouldn't happen:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:06 am

I'm in just for the possibility of a husband-wife Kamehameha.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:10 am

She'd still be weaker than Krillin. I'd say she could surpass Yamacha if she keeps at it. Probably wouldn't be so uptight with Gohan. Goten being strong would also be a little less stupid.

Gokuman1993
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokuman1993 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:46 am

nickzambuto wrote:I'm in just for the possibility of a husband-wife Kamehameha.
So am I, bud. So am I :D

Bonus if she also knows the Kaio-Ken :D

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:01 am

I am all for ChiChi getting to be a z fighter!
We get to see the best beatdowns of her every arc! Getting into fight with super powerful Aliens with that attitude? Better be ready for a fate worse than videl dear..
The possibilities are endless, puch that throat in zamasu! :thumbup:

I know some might not like the take on the subject but that's how it's gonna be if we stay real..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:45 am

We have fanfiction for this. I quite like this one: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5189405/1/ ... Divergence (unfortunately it's incomplete)

We can post fanfiction links here, right? If not, I'll delete this post.

Gokuman1993
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gokuman1993 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:46 am

mabalia wrote:We have fanfiction for this. I quite like this one: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5189405/1/ ... Divergence (unfortunately it's incomplete)

Posting fanfic links is A-OK :)

Thanks for the link <3 Can't wait to check it out.

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:50 am

Gokuman1993 wrote:
mabalia wrote:We have fanfiction for this. I quite like this one: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5189405/1/ ... Divergence (unfortunately it's incomplete)

Posting fanfic links is A-OK :)

Thanks for the link <3 Can't wait to check it out.
You're welcome! :)
I know it's subjective, some may like some don't, but it's one of my favorite fanfictions.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:13 am

Woulda been 10x better than her pushing shit to Gohan and Goten about "Study first before saving the world" and I'm like, bitch? there wont be any studyin if the earth goes boom, maybe you should do some studyin first.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:35 am

Well she wouldn't put up with Nappa's shit, if you believe that Gohan's inner rage comes from her, But I don't know if she'd survive the fight. Alternatively, motherly advice from her may force Gohan's power out, perhaps enough to end Nappa, possibly send Vegeta packing.

She'd definitely veto Gohan's further actions, and would fight everyone if she needed to. She may end up going to Namek, where it's possible she could make things better or worst in an already screwed up situation.

Androids Saga, Well, she's going to fall to the wayside like every other human, unless she has a deus ex machina in her pocket. Plus, get pregnant with Goten maybe.

Buu Saga onwards, she's done, Gohan's now an adult, there's a lot of fighters who can protect earth now, she doesn't have to step in anymore. And added bonus she won't be a dumbass and slap Buu in the face.

Beek King
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Beek King » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:24 am

At best, she'd be as relevant as Krillin fighting-wise but I suppose she could do damage in the Saiyan saga.
Do whatever you like, ghost.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:34 am

Then Gohan would not be a Z-Fighter, she wouldn't let him join or she'd be nagging him till he quit. :P
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

YajirobiTheGreat
Not-So-Newbie

Post by YajirobiTheGreat » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:29 pm

Assuming she trains with Goku/Piccolo/Gohan during the three year period between the Trunks and Android Saga, then trains with Goten for seven years, she should be the strongest human.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:59 pm

She would have been killed by Nappa and then likely retired from fighting after the Namek arc.

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:16 pm

well i feel that she be ok on a human level but she need to get her Potental awaken by Old Kai and/or learn Kaioken from North Kai

but considering how Toriyama potrayed her throughout the Series, She just become a enhanced version of herself unless her personality changed as well

Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:17 pm

I think she would have been a popular character among fans.

She probably would have put less emphasis on education for Gohan. Interesting, given that it's one of his unique qualities as a character.

A battle-hungry Chi-Chi could very well have been more attractive to Goku. Maybe the relationship would actually be romantic.
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6

TheatreStyleKai
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheatreStyleKai » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:24 am

I have a gut feeling that if Chi Chi had become one of the core martial artists in the series, they would have utilized her the same way they did Pan for GT (and especially the Shadow Dragon story arc); that is, she would only show up to get beaten to a pulp in order to give Goku the righteous anger he needs for motivation to beat the bad guys. No thanks.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:32 pm

(AN: I actually wrote a reply to this post a few weeks ago but for some reason it didn't get posted, so I'm writing this from scratch.)

Chi-Chi becomes a Z Fighter and trains with Goku over the years before Raditz shows up. They give Gohan some training, and when Raditz arrives, Goku doesn't die because Goku, Piccolo, and Gohan are strong enough to take him down without having to use the full nelson. Vegeta and Nappa still show up, but Goku puts away Nappa quickly. Yamcha still gets blown up, then Tenshinhan, Chaozu, and Piccolo are killed by Vegeta. They beat Vegeta with Chi-Chi's help, but he still escapes.
In the Freeza arc, they all go to Namek, and in the fight with Freeza Chi-Chi and Kuririn die, which makes both Goku and Gohan go SSJ.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu